Most optimal pairings with all pairings possible

Hee-Ho

I just started a new playthrough of Revelation with the Unofficial Gay Fates mod and a patch that allows same-sex pairings to still produce their child units. Bearing this in mind, what would the most optimal pairings be, now that all pairings are possible?

Edited by Hee-Ho
Realized I could phrase it better

• Hee-Ho changed the title to Most optimal pairings with all pairings possible

Man, answering the best pairings normally is a crazy difficult question.

There are a ton of moving parts and different reasons to want a pair-up.

It certainly helps me with pairings when I rank my priorities for what I want in my pairing.

Usually it's something along the lines of:

1. I want to field both parents already
  2. Both parents work well side-by-side.
  3. The kid gets a neat hair-color
  4. Recruiting the kid offers something valuable to my run (The new unit, a useful niche on the team, upgrading an already solid unit, having more of a solid unit, new skills, neat capturable enemies, useful items, more 1~2 forges, items, gold, Exp).
  5. The kid will have above-average Atk
  6. The support pairing offers useful re-class options for the parents
  7. I can pass down a useful set of abilities for the kid
  8. I can pass down a funny re-class option for the kid (if both parents have the same class set, you get an opposite-army option)
  9. I can pass down an actually useful re-class option for the kid
  10. The kid can get above-average Spd, Def, and/or Res
  11. The pairing results in a good set of backpack stats for the kid (I found a use for Hishame and Seigbert!)
  12. Above average HP, Skl, or Lck for the kid

-------------------

Anyways: it can be worth figuring out exactly what you want from the pairings.

If hair color is all you care about, I wouldn't fault that decision. 

Str or Mag is the only stat I'd recommend needs to be checked as well. If a kid has decent enough Atk they'll be useful and useful in any class that uses that Atk stat.

if they don't they won't.

-------------------

Looking at the Fates section under the Main Page of this site can certainly help with a lot of the stat-checks. Or the heart-seal classes and what other heart-seal classes you can rig a situation to get.

The Fire Emblem Wikis are the main place to search for useful enemies, map treasures, etc. Under the Paralogues section most of this is laid out on the same page.

Though on neat treasure with the maps:

BR kids have basically nothing for them, aside from Caeldori with her free Swordcatcher.

Both-paths kids have a few neat things here and there.

Nohr kids have a ton of amazing loot. Even in Revelation I'd recommend getting to those.

-------------------

All that said:

My RV file only gives me free chapters from the last ~3 story-chapters (or any kid paralogues) crammed into that space.

If you want to make a forever-grind end-game file, could be worth finding the most aesthetic kid paralogues and holding off on those until you're on chapter 25, so they can keep comming up there.

I'm ~70% sure this is how the map selection works.

To add, are you also looking for stat caps? It isn't a big deal for the main-game but as someone who is looking into that for My Castle battles (and perhaps rarely, PVP). That is potentially a factor although I don't know if using the hack, could potentially result in a shadowban.

Also it has been a while since I checked about the Gay Fates hack, I recall that there were also expanded pairings as well such as Scarlet and Flora getting more pairing options as well. Btw, what about A rank pairings? Is that still possible with the Gay Fates hack? How does it work?