Why the heck are Soren and Ike not supporting?!

Ike's at level 18 Ranger right now, so I'm not having him fight a lot, I've been having him and Soren stand next to each other consecutively for two chapters and they're still only a C level. Am I doing something wrong? If so, do any of you guys know?

Characters don't gain supports based on how often they're next to each other. In this game, the amount of battles they both participate in determines when support levels increase.

The support system for PoR/RD was changed completely from the GBA games. In Path of Radiance, support convos are unlocked through people being on the battlefield at the same time and not necessarily people standing together. That's probably why their support level is so low.

Which chapter are you on now?

They have to be in a certain number of chapters together to be able to support. It doesn't matter where they are on the field as long as they're in the same chapter. For Ike and Soren, they need to be in 5 chapters to get C support, 12 to get B, and 19 to get A (that's total number of chapters).

Edited by KSFF2150