37 members have voted

1. 1. Best Sword Master/Forrest in generation 1

• Aira
    • Holyn
  2. 2. Best Sword master/Forrest in generation 2

• Shanan
    • Lakche
    • Skasaha

Shanan is good and all, but he's really nothing without the Balmung. Same goes for the other Holy Weapon users.

Sure, he's the only one that could use it, but its not worth the cash to repair it (unless he has a bargain ring or something, but I usually give that to Aless or Sety).

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't use Shannan that much last playthrough, he was around level 20 or so because everyone else was overkilling just as well as he was. After you get to the point of X being the number of might that it takes to kill an enemy, having 2X makes no difference. Also, durability.

We're talking about the best. And it does make a difference.

Is X the best or 2X? What do you think, hmm?

Pair Aira with Dew then she'll have decent offense and solar sword which will heal her greatly.

People rarely use Ayra with Dew because Noish, Lex and Holyn are better. Holyn is debatable, but it gives a Hero Sword to Ayra I guess.

Also, range attacks, etc.

Shanan doesn't have to rely on Sunhit. He's avoid god.

Shanan is good and all, but he's really nothing without the Balmung.

Faval, Altenna, Aless.

Edited by Shanan

I didn't use Shannan that much last playthrough, he was around level 20 or so because everyone else was overkilling just as well as he was. After you get to the point of X being the number of might that it takes to kill an enemy, having 2X makes no difference. Also, durability.

The RNG hates Shanan.

Circumstances also make him Dark Mage food in chapter 7.

People rarely use Ayra with Dew because Noish, Lex and Holyn are better. Holyn is debatable, but it gives a Hero Sword to Ayra I guess.

You can get the hero sword as long as Ayra isn't paired yet by start of chapter 3.

Also, I dig Ayra x Dew.

Edited by Finn

Same goes for the other Holy Weapon users.

Even Sigurd, Levin, Celice, and Levin's son?

It's better than Holyn and I'd imagine Noish because they both have not good growths.

Edited by luigi bros

Shanan is good and all, but he's really nothing without the Balmung. Same goes for the other Holy Weapon users.

Invalid. They have it, they're using it, it makes no sense whatsoever, no matter who you are to not use them.

Shannan gets Bargain geographically speaking if no one in first gen got it (which is actually very likely).

Why are you overusing him? That's favoritism. All units should be used equally.

What the...you are the one talking about using him and putting everyone else in the arena!

3 levels IF they win in the arena! I really cannot see someone like dulmudd likking Xenon in the arena.

Levin and sety and even aless can still destroy without their divine weapons. Shanan....not so much.

Why isnt hero sword being used? you can take lakche's best suited weapon away without taking shanan's?

at 14 he WILL BE HOGGING AND GAINING LTTLE EXP!

hero sword can usually get 50 kills by lakche gets it.

You can get the hero sword as long as Ayra isn't paired yet by start of chapter 3.

Also, I dig Ayra x Dew.

I know but it's best not to go overboard with Dew so I just mentioned it anyway.

k

What the...you are the one talking about using him and putting everyone else in the arena!

3 levels IF they win in the arena! I really cannot see someone like dulmudd likking Xenon in the arena.

Levin and sety and even aless can still destroy without their divine weapons. Shanan....not so much.

Why isnt hero sword being used? you can take lakche's best suited weapon away without taking shanan's?

Everyone is going to be used in the Arena. That's not favoritism. They all get the same kills.

Shanan is always winning the Arena. We're not talking about others.

Aless can't. Levin!Sety can I guess. Faval, Altenna have problems. And also Shanan will be using Balmung. GLITCHES ARE NOT A PART OF THE GAME. LAKCHE IS NOT USING BALMUNG.

Um no. Lakche and Skasaha will also be level 14 at the end of Chapter 7, k?

Favoritism.

Edited by Shanan

We're talking about the best. And it does make a difference.

Is X the best or 2X? What do you think, hmm?

Both, because it makes no difference since enemy units are falling like birds! Sure, Shannan has the potential of using Balmug like ten times and criticalling each time depending on how many kills he gets, but at the end of the day, it's the same and probably less than Silver XL doing the _exact_ same for less money per fix.

The RNG hates Shanan.

Circumstances also make him Dark Mage food in chapter 7.

How unfortunately true. I have to cross my fingers and look away when he has to take those guys out.

Invalid. They have it, they're using it, it makes no sense whatsoever, no matter who you are to not use them.

Shannan gets Bargain geographically speaking if no one in first gen got it (which is actually very likely).

But the Balmung only has 50 uses. Using up half of those wastes all Shanan's money, and he isn't always a guaranteed at the arena for him (unlike Sety, Aless, etc). I only use him for boss/captain kills during the chapter I get him; and by that time, Lakche is doing the same and more.

Both, because it makes no difference since enemy units are falling like birds! Sure, Shannan has the potential of using Balmug like ten times and criticalling each time depending on how many kills he gets, but at the end of the day, it's the same and probably less than Silver XL doing the _exact_ same for less money per fix.

Lakche isn't that good, though. She's still vulnerable.

Shanan is invulnerable.

You can't deny that THERE IS A BETTER ONE. Which is Shanan.

But the Balmung only has 50 uses. Using up half of those wastes all Shanan's money, and he isn't always a guaranteed at the arena for him (unlike Sety, Aless, etc). I only use him for boss/captain kills during the chapter I get him; and by that time, Lakche is doing the same and more.

The same could be said for all holy weapon users.

Shanan will always sweep the Arena.

Edited by Shanan

I know but it's best not to go overboard with Dew so I just mentioned it anyway.

Way to go ignoring NEARLY ALL of my previous post!

What's wrong with an overkill unit?

I'm not ignoring your posts on purpose. I just forget to use the quote button and I just forgot about what you said.

I edited one of my posts to respond to you.

Not only do other units want that Hero Sword, but Continue (assuming she's promoted) cancels out Hero's effects. Hero Sword is also not tied down to her like Balmug is to Shannan.

What's wrong with an overkill unit?

I'm not ignoring your posts on purpose. I just forget to use the quote button and I just forgot about what you said.

I edited one of my posts to respond to you.

That's got nothing to do with what you said. I was talking to Fin.

Sorry, I edited that part out, but it wasn't intended for you.

Edited by Shanan

Um no. Lakche and Skasaha will also be level 14 at the end of Chapter 7, k?

Wrong, they're always lv20 by end of chapter 6 in my playthroughs.

Shanan is invulnerable.

The RNG hates Shanan though, so he's prone to being raped in the oddest ways.

That's true, even without the Balmung.

Wrong, they're always lv20 by end of chapter 6 in my playthroughs.
The RNG hates Shanan though, so he's prone to being raped in the oddest ways.

Damn you and your abusing ways!

By the way Shanan is level 12 when he comes.

Edited by Shanan

Shanan is invulnerable.

You can't deny that THERE IS A BETTER ONE. Which is Shanan.

The same could be said for all holy weapon users.

I did say that it was the same for all Holy weapon users.

From my personal experiences, Shanan was worse than Lakche in every playthrough. In chapter 7, even while equipped with the Balmung, Shannan could not take down Blume or even get close to Ishtor without getting fried by Thor or Storm respectively. The only units who could have in my party were Aless, Lakche, and Julia.

From my personal experiences, Shanan was worse than Lakche in every playthrough. In chapter 7, even while equipped with the Balmung, Shannan could not take down Blume or even get close to Ishtor without getting fried by Thor or Storm respectively. The only units who could have in my party were Aless, Lakche, and Julia.

Personal experience is worth nothing.

Shanan should have no problems with Ishtor but everyone has huge problems with Blume.

Damn you and your abusing ways!

Lakche promotes in chapter 7 for me but that's mainly because she inherits the elite ring.

Personal experience is worth nothing.

It's an opinion poll so it does mean something.

Edited by luigi bros

Lakche promotes in chapter 7 for me but that's mainly because she inherits the elite ring.

Hell Lakche and Skasaha can get to level 12 by the end of Chapter 6 when Shanan joins.

I did say that it was the same for all Holy weapon users.

No way in hell.

I want to see your Lakche's stats.

It takes shanan delmud and nanna's charisma to have a decen shot at Ishtar. If he dosent need charisma, then you are aoverusing him and that would be favortism.

It takes shanan delmud and nanna's charisma for shanan to have a decent shot at ishtar. If they are not needed, then you are over using shanan and that would be favortism.

Edited by Eclipse