Instances of Bad Luck

Ragnell

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edward the happy trueblade was standing nearby Dheginsea holding a wyrmslayer so I was like "OKAY EDDIE YOU GO ATTACK HIM!" The wyrmslayer wasn't blessed and I completely forgot about mantle. Edward does no damage, Dheg activates Ire, Edward dies ;_;

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

that was partly my fault, but whatever.

From that playthrough onwards, Edward has always been given Nihil.

FE6's RNG is one of the more merciful ones.

Pretty much on the contrarie, FE8's RNG is the most merciful as far as I played since in FE7 my characters got hit in the 20s in many occasions while in FE6 my characters sometimse get hit at 10s but mostly in the 20 and 30s and my characters miss in the 70s-90s.

Pretty much on the contrarie, FE8's RNG is the most merciful as far as I played since in FE7 my characters got hit in the 20s in many occasions while in FE6 my characters sometimse get hit at 10s but mostly in the 20 and 30s and my characters miss in the 70s-90s.

http://serenesforest.net/general/truehit.html

1 RN system

The natural method, and used in FE1~5, is to use one RN to determine a successful strike.

In this case the Hit value is pretty much a perfect representation of the actual chance of hitting the enemy.

FE6 uses the 2 RN system and so does FE8. Look at the tables to see the true hit.

Edward the happy trueblade was standing nearby Dheginsea holding a wyrmslayer so I was like "OKAY EDDIE YOU GO ATTACK HIM!" The wyrmslayer wasn't blessed and I completely forgot about mantle. Edward does no damage, Dheg activates Ire, Edward dies ;_;

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

that was partly my fault, but whatever.

From that playthrough onwards, Edward has always been given Nihil.

Something similar happened to me. On my second playthrough, everytime I tried attacking Dheginsea with Kieran, he always activated Ire. I also attacked him with Nephenee and he never activated Ire. Neither of them had Nihil so now I only attack him with characters that have Nihil. Thank God for battle saves.

In PoR, Shinon got criticaled by a ballistae just when I was almost across the bridge and he died.

I tend to get crappy level ups with Soren and Nephenee.

Edited by KSFF2150

All of my DB units in RD were very underleveled. (This is hard mode BTW.) So 1-E was Hell. When I finally got to the top after numerous tries, I used Nolan to kill one of the mages right beside Jarod. My Nolan just promoted fighting the mages at the bottom; he hits the mage, and the mage crits him at a 25% hit and 5% crit and he dies! :angry: WTF is this!? After finally getting to the top, I get a unit that I just promoted die because of extreme bad luck? WTF!

Edited by Yourgranny

I just remembered another. Dew always ends up getting killed by the commander in chapter 1. Even though Dew is in a forest and has a ~3% chance of getting hit, he usually ends up getting hit.

http://serenesforest.net/general/truehit.html

1 RN system

The natural method, and used in FE1~5, is to use one RN to determine a successful strike.

In this case the Hit value is pretty much a perfect representation of the actual chance of hitting the enemy.

FE6 uses the 2 RN system and so does FE8. Look at the tables to see the true hit.

I guess that rule doesn't count in the arena since my units got hit with the percentages I mentioned before only in the arena.

Naesala just got killed by a steel (or was it silver?) bow in 4-3. I didn't give him nullify cause I didn't think he needed it and I gave it to Marcia. The sniper got a critical on Naesala with 7% crit and 47 hit. I hate that chapter so much.

In PoR, I've only killed the BK once out of 6 times cause Ike rarely activates Aether in that fight.

Edited by KSFF2150

Onto the story I've posted multiple times:

I had Aran attack Lekain in 4-E-1 for the kill. He had a 100% chance to hit, and would've killed him on the second hit of the round. Lekain activates Corona, lowers Aran's hit percentage, and makes him miss. Lekain then kills Aran on his phase.

Probably my fault, but whatever.

In FE5 Chapter 15, my Marita missed five times in a row with a 99% Critical Hit rate.

Also in the same chapter, a brigand got a Critical Hit on my Dean with only 2% Crit rate.

In FE4, I paired Bridget with Alec. Faval wasn't bad with Ichival but he was significantly the worst among those with a holy weapon (Celice, Shanan, Aless, Altenna, Julia).

By the way, the first one was a joke since that happened during her talk with Shanam. But the other two are real bad luck.

So far my worst case of luck:

Radiant Dawn:

I'm fighting Sephiran and I managed to kill all but one of his little spirit buddies and I knock his health down enough so that Ike can finish him. Right when Ike attacks, the last Spirit uses Guard and redirects it. I was pissed for a good while that day.

Probably one of my worst cases of luck is actually kind of sad.

On FE7, I lost Lyn on Chapter 1 after she missed once (forgot the exact amount it was at), and got hit twice with 13% accuracy.

One thought came to my mind: "The RNG hates me. -.-"

When Ike got Luna'd twice in a row in PoR.

When Nailah got Corona'd by Lekain and left at 2 HP (Thank god for 50+ HP stats)

When a Gorgon critical'd Saleh at a 2% chance. Also, when Rennac got killed by a freak critical against an enemy Druid.

I think I once got hit by a 38% hit, 1% critical by the boss on FE10's Chapter 8.

The hit% might have been higher but it was definitely 1% crit.

Thank you for battle saves, FE10.

Really unlucky girl :

In RD chapter 13 part III

Me : Yayy Eddie trueblade lvl 3 with astra, Ike sleeps ! Let's kill Archsage Soren for the first time (It was my 9th playthrought)

*Move Eddie with Cadabolgh(?) front of Soren, A support with Nolan*

Me : Hell good ! 87 acc./ 23% critical for Eddie and 35 acc./ 1% critical (forged Wind with smallest stats) for Soren !

*Eddie attacks : MISS* What the ... ? *Soren : Adept > Critical > Flare = Bye bye Eddie* I hate RNG ...Soren is awesome thought...