FE8 Hard Type

Defeatist Elitist

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ross gets doubled by Brigands, so I couldn't get him to Pirate by Chapter 5, which I'm playing right now. I was having trouble with him surviving there with only Franz as protection, so I had to deviate from my usual strategy in this chapter. So, he'll promote in Chapter 6, which is going to be hard. 7 will be easy though, it's straightforward charge at the castle. I'm not decided whether to go Eirika or Ephraim. Getting the Rapier in Chapter 9 is difficult without a strong Ross, but Ephraim will be hell.

I'm extremely tempted to promote Seth to GK just for the lulz.

If you feel that you need to promote Seth, then go ahead. Report any findings you might have.

Oh lol I forgot about that XD. I may make Seth a GK to see what he looks like, but otherwise, Pally it is because Pally is much more useful for a jegian character who is actually good.

Same here, tell me if he makes things too easy or what. I figure with having to burn a Knight Crest on him it might not make it too much easier, but I dunno.

Also, for anyone playing this, it would be pretty nice if you could tell me whether you though this hack made X character more or less useful/important. Tell me as many characters as you want.

Edited by Fia 

So far, Ross, Gilliam, and Vanessa were all worse. I actually thought Seth was more useful, because he's more useful as a wall and weakener now, so you can train others easier, but he still has good defences, so he can still wall. Kyle and Forde were also more necessary for 5x. Normally, aside from the beginnig where you get slightly swarmed, you don't really need Kyle or Forde, but now, since Ephraim can't double with a Steel Lance, you don't want to waste Reginleif, and he doesn't start with a high enough WL for the Killer Lance, you can use them to weaken enemies for him to get kills.

Since this in increased difficulty, it would be kinda cool to make a tier list off of this XD. Of course, with how essential Seth is, even as a cav, I could see him being like two tiers above all units, with one being empty because of how awesome Seth is XD

Edited by tehnikhil

Since this in increased difficulty, it would be kinda cool to make a tier list off of this XD. Of course, with how essential Seth is, even as a cav, I could see him being like two tiers above all units, with one being empty because of how awesome Seth is XD

So Seth would go from Top Tier to The Tier Above The Tier Above Top Tier? :3

EDIT: Although, Raven said, and I kind of experienced a similar thing, that before too long, Franz becomes pretty much as good as Seth. Not quite as good, but close. On the other hand though, Seth does have good durability, and he has great offense when he can double. It's still way less than the original though.

EDIT2: IMPORTANT UPDATE! I uploaded a new patch that increases the difficulty of a lot of enemies later on. As usual, you can patch away and your old Saves should work perfectly. Also, Orson was supposed to be weakened, but I intentionally left him strong to watch you guys squirm while trying not to use him, because I am beyond evil. As always, the link in the first post always links to the latest released patch (MAN XELD YOU WERE RIGHT DROPBOX IS AWESOME).

Edited by Fia 

What exactly did you do to later on enemies?

Oh, and if I do the patch, will I be able to experience these enemies in my original file as long as I haven't gotten to that "later on level", or will I have to start a new game to see the changes?

Edited by tehnikhil

What exactly did you do to later on enemies?

Oh, and if I do the patch, will I be able to experience these enemies in my original file as long as I haven't gotten to that "later on level", or will I have to start a new game to see the changes?

Basically, I strengthened all promoted enemies and made them scale more.

And yes, you should be able to see the changes as long as you haven't actually passed the levels. :D

Also, another thing, I'm thinking about what I should do with the Sacred Weapons. In normal Sacred Stones they pretty much just turn the whole late game into a massive joke, so I dunno what to do with them? Maybe remove their effectiveness multiplier or their stat boosts? Any other suggestions?

+3 to a stat rather then +5, if you can. Keep the monster effective boost, but reduce their stats to be comparable to a silver weapon (so with the stat boost they're still better, and they're awesome monster slayers as well).

+3 to a stat rather then +5, if you can. Keep the monster effective boost, but reduce their stats to be comparable to a silver weapon (so with the stat boost they're still better, and they're awesome monster slayers as well).

The problem with this though, is that even when I boost monsters by a bunch, having effectiveness against Monsters just makes them obscenely powerful, considering most of the end of the game is monsters.

2x instead of 3x?

For some reason I'm pretty sure it's only 2x as it is...

The reason I ask is that I loaded a save state and went through my improved Lagdou ruins, but Sacred Weapons made it a cake walk.

Hm... that sure would actually make the final boss a challenge... I woudl actually say that that is a good idea. Just dropping the effective bonus, but you should probably keep the stats. You can drop teh +5 bonuses too if wanted.

I'm pretty sure it's only 2x as it is...

Wow... I thought that it was like bow vs flier bonuses XD. My bad :P

O.O the buffed Gillam that you forgot to fix is now having comparable stats at 11/0 to my 20/3 gillam on my gba o.o. How much did you buff the enemies on average? 4 in every stat? And boy, does that Gillam make the HM so much easier. It makes me lol--He is gatrie while Seth is Titania. Both are your beastly characters early on but fall behind later (gatrie due to availability XD).

Edited by tehnikhil

I buffed enemy stats a lot. At least, some of them.

See, the thing was that most classes had really bad base Stats, compared to a couple that had actually decent ones. A lot of the classes I changed got massive boosts in almost every stat.

that should be good. I mean, now legendaries aren't exactly uber hax aganist enemies, but they are still worthy of being ultimate weapons. I mean, I was kinda dissapointed with FE10 when I saw the legendaries were comparable to forged items XD.

I'm currently at chapter 14 Ephraim route. In the beginning it seemed ratehr easy, but from the route split on it got noticeably harder. Chapter 11b Phantom Ship was a bit over the top though. Enemies from all sides, very little space to protect weak characters, having to save L'Arachel and Dozla AND three promoted monsters and a boss, who are all as strong as bosses from the previous chapters and they move. That's evil. Phantom Ship has always been regarded as one of the hardest chapters of Sacred Stones, but this was a bit extreme. Well, maybe it would have been easier if I had had any promoted units besides Seth and Duessel. Nice challenge though, I like it.

I'm currently at chapter 14 Ephraim route. In the beginning it seemed ratehr easy, but from the route split on it got noticeably harder. Chapter 11b Phantom Ship was a bit over the top though. Enemies from all sides, very little space to protect weak characters, having to save L'Arachel and Dozla AND three promoted monsters and a boss, who are all as strong as bosses from the previous chapters and they move. That's evil. Phantom Ship has always been regarded as one of the hardest chapters of Sacred Stones, but this was a bit extreme. Well, maybe it would have been easier if I had had any promoted units besides Seth and Duessel. Nice challenge though, I like it.

Alright, I was worried about later chapters being too easy, this eases my fears... Do you think I need to add enemies with better weapons to any chapters?