Fire Emblem: Bandits Reign

Blademaster!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh, that makes so much more sense. I'm no good at making maps or mugs. Good at most everything else though (well to an extent). That's part of the reason why I made those mug requests (The other being that I need to study for finals right now and I don't want to stop working) I only made that map today since I was bored and beat the game I was currently playing (Earthbound)

chapter2.gif

Chapter 2 map.

Edited by Blademaster!

New Characters!

charactersheet4.png

Behold! The main character of the new prologue: Sandy! She's the top image. I have yet to decide which of the two will be the final version of her.

The next two characters are very special. For one, they are pretty much both the same character. And their name is..... well, hopefully you will be the one to decide that. If all goes according to plan, who you decide to be as your tactician will be playable in the form of the following two characters. Your tactician as a playable character works as an "Est" Archtype, so despite the fact they appear at the beginning of the hack alongside Sandy, they aren't playable until late in the game.

Because of how the tactician's work and my lack of hacking skills, there will now be two separate patches. One will have the male tactician and the other will have the female tactician. This is because of how you have to chose your gender when making your tactician. So if you are playing the male version of the hack, the tactician will appear as a male and you are expected to make your tactician be male and vice-verca. If you don't pick the proper gender you are supposed too, I don't really think anything happens, so yeah...

The only difference between the two versions is the fact that you are Male in one version and female in the other. So the text is slightly slightly altered to reflect this. Some story elements are also changed to reflect the fact they are different genders, but other than that, there are no real difference's between the two. I hope people find this feature to be fun and interesting...

You need to move him down a bit... a shadow... and the "hit" sound effect command...

Each one is respectively a Sword, Lance, or Axe sound effect (Bow uses Lance hit sound I think...)

0x1F Play hit SFE (sounds like Eliwood with sword's hit)

(Will be normal hit sound during normal attack and critical hit sound during critical

attack)

0x20 Play hit SFE (sounds like Knight Lord with Durandal's hit) (see previous note)

0x21 Play hit SFE (sounds like Knight Lord with sword's hit) (see previous note)

The sprite "flow" itself needs to be a bit smoother on movement as well...

I look off the actual Animations from the game, Bwdyeti's battle animations, and even Xeld's to see what it should look like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XFfPHEAf-0

Edited by shadowofchaos

This animation should flow better then:

NOTE: I made this animation before I started working on this hack, so don't expect me to be making these animations all that fast.

EDIT:

Or you can expect me to be making these animations fairly fast...

Another Video.

About everyone one or two days for the moment it looks like I'll be making video's like these.

Also, I finally figured out why the animation's don't flow very well at times. It's because I use to many frames. Ah, well.

Just to say, the character who uses Zero's animation only uses swords, so no buster for him. X had sliding animations and some nice buster animations so I was able to come up with nice idea's for their animations. Since Zero's animation user won't be able to attack at range... ever... he has a better weapon (The Z saber, duh...)

The next animation I will probably make will be a demon animation. I'll try and have two video's done by tonight or tomorrow since I already have a demon animation that I made for the demo and then I'll also have a new one.

Edited by Blademaster!

I'm just gonna be a jerk and point out every flaw you have until it's better... Remember though this is constructive criticism

He's floating above? Then put a shadow that should be showing up if he is... otherwise, he looks like he's further back in the background...

As for his movement... On his normal attack, he "teleports" without any blurs after his initial hit... he just "pops" back to standing position... Same with the critical... he doesn't "turn around" he just suddenly pops back into standing postion...

As for the "flow"... it's simply because he's from a different game... in other games, the frames don't need to be as "smooth" in comparison to FE battle animations... to give that "polished" feel...

If you feel it's "good enough" that's fine... but to make him "fit in" you probably need to shorten his height a bit and put more frames in between those that are "missing"...

And don't give me that crap that "it's supposed to look like that" >_>, I'm stating my opinion on it despite sounding like a jerk... I'm just being blunt...

No, that's completely fine and I respect your criticism.

I'm not seeing that teleporting thing you are talking about though. In the normal attack, he slide kicks through the enemy and once he is behind them, he flies up and lands back at the standing position (like a boss swordmaster. In this aspect, it is supposed to be like the swordmaster animation in terms of he he gets back to the starting position). During the critical animation, the flash that appears during the critical blocks out the frame that shows him turning around for the second attack.

I should probably work on repositioning him though so that he doesn't look like he is in the background.

That won't be the case if he does a "no damage"... it's like what you don't see with the Assassin and Blade Lord Animations.... In any case there aren't any "blurs" to make it smooth....

He flies up, but he doesn't land back down ._. He just "pops"...

Edited by shadowofchaos

Answered shadowofchaos on FEU.

Anywho, here is a demon animation:

The video may not be working, and if that is the case please tell me and I will re-upload it.

EDIT: Another animation yet again:

The video has leftover imaging from another video I made since when I made the current video I just replaced the old video name and it caused some weird problems and junk. Long story short, the animation works, so the HP glitch that shows up at the end is from another video that I failed at making and stuff. Don't worry about.

EDIT EDIT: Another one:

She also has a magic animation, but it's fairly similar to the above.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Yet another animation:

Need to redo the sound effects. Other than that, I think it looks good.

Edited by Blademaster!

Behold! The last animation video I shall be making for the moment:

I still have more animations I need to make, but you will have to wait for the DEMO to come out to see them.

In the mean time though, I finally finished deciding all of the classes for the hack and their weapon types and such, so I though It'd list them for those who might be interested or something like that.

NOTE about classes: In this hack, at the moment(in case it doesn't work or something), all class will now promote at lvl. 12 and have SET weapon levels, like in FE4, which are based on class and character.

List:

Swordbandit (Sword: B ) -> ??? (???:? ???:?)

Dancer (None) Dance Skill-> ??? (???:?) Dance Skill

Bard (None) Dance Skill -> Bishop (Light: B Staff: B )

Loner (Sword: A) -> Trueblade (Sword: A Bow:B ) Critical Skill

Lord (Sword: S)

Cavalier (Sword: D Lance: D) -> Paladin (Sword: C Lance: B Axe: C)

Black Knight (Sword: B Lance: B )

Great Knight (Axe: A)

Lord Knight (Sword: B Lance: B )

Master Knight (Lance: S) Enemy/NPC Only

Soldier (Lance: C) Enemy/NPC Only

(Lance) Knight (Lance: C) Enemy/NPC Only -> (Lance) General (Lance: A Axe: A)

(Axe) Knight (Axe: C) -> (Axe) General (Axe: A Sword: A)

King (Sword: S)

Mrymidon (Sword: C) -> Hero (Sword: B Axe: C)

Mercenary (Sword: C) -> Hero (Sword: B Axe: C)

Swordmaster (Sword: A) Critical Skill

Fighter (Axe: C) -> Warrior (Axe: B Bow: C)

Bandit (Axe: A) -> Beserker (Axe: A) Critical Skill

Pirate (Axe: B ) -> Beserker (Axe: A) Critical Skill

Archer (Bow: C) -> Sniper (Bow: A) Critical Skill

(Male) Thief (Sword: D) Enemy/NPC Only Steal Skill Lockpick Skill-> Thief Fighter (Sword: C) Steal Skill Lockpick Skill

(Female) Thief (Sword: C) Steal Skill Lockpick Skill

Assassin (Sword: A) Lethality Skill

Nomad (Bow: C) -> Nomad Trooper (Bow: B Sword: C)

Ranger (Bow: B Sword: B )

Dragon Knight (Lance: C) -> Dragon Master (Lance: B Sword: B )

Pegasus Knight (Lance: C) -> Falco Knight (Lance: A Sword: C)

Troubadour (Staff: C) -> Valkyrie (Anima: B Staff: B Light: C)

Mage (Anima: C) -> Mage Knight (Anima: B Light: C Dark: B )

(Male) Shaman (Dark: B ) -> Druid (Dark: A Staff: B Anima: C)

(Female) Shaman (Dark: B ) -> (Female) Sage (Anima: B Dark: B Staff: C)

(Male) Sage (Anima: B Light: B Staff: C)

Arch Sage (Anima: B Light: S Dark: A Staff: B )

Dark Druid (Dark: S Anima: B )

(Male) Tactician (Dark: A Anima: B )

(Female) Tactician (Dark: A Light: B )

Scientist (Is E ranked with bows for weapon purposes; Cannot actually use Bows)

Future Soldier (Is E ranked with bows for weapon purposes; Cannot actually use Bows)

Future Warrior (Model X) (Is E ranked with bows and Axes for weapon purposes; Cannot actually use Bows or Axes)

Future Warrior (Model Z) (Is E ranked with Swords for weapon purposes; Cannot actually use Swords)

Future Warrior (Model F) (Is E ranked with bows for weapon purposes; Cannot actually use Bows)

Future Warrior (Model H) (Is E ranked with Lances for weapon purposes; Cannot actually use Lances)

Future Warrior (Model P) (Is E ranked with Swords for weapon purposes; Cannot actually use Swords) Lethality Skill

Future Warrior (Model L) (Light: B Staff: B )

Future Warrior (Model C) (Is E ranked with bows for weapon purposes; Cannot actually use Bows)

Demon (Bow) (Bow: B ) Enemy Only

Demon (Axe) (Axe: B ) Enemy Only

Demon (Armor) (Lance: B ) Enemy Only

Demon (Mage) (Anima: B Dark: A Staff: A) Enemy Only

Demon (Horse) (Lance: B ) Enemy Only

Golem (Is E ranked with Axes for weapon purposes; Cannot actually use Axes)

Death (Lance: S) Critical Skill Lethality Skill Enemy Only

Demon (Sword: B ) Enemy Only

??? (Light: S Dark: S Staff: S) Enemy Only

Magic Seal (None) Seal Magic Skill Enemy Only

DarkAngel (Sword: A) Critical Skill Enemy Only

Sage (Demon) (Dark: A Anima: B Staff: A) Enemy Only

??? (Dark: S) Enemy Only

??? (Light: S Dark: S) Enemy Only

The next update I do will be an updated character list.

Edited by Blademaster!

The animations so far look pretty... poor. D:

To start, they don't fit very well with Fire Emblem. But more importantly they are very choppy, it's hard to tell what's happening, with the golem animation I think I saw sprites overlapping while standing, the animations tend to be very short and generally not made well, you should practice animating with a GIF animator first, and get down timings and frames and positioning, and then apply your animation knowledge to custom battle animations so the animations can look decent.

^that

What I suggested is edit the frames to be more the size of the characters and style that is in FE...

As well as adding frames in between...

Btw, you still haven't fixed the thing with the golem... having a "hit" command on the miss...

The golem could also use some moving to the left a bit on the enemy side (I'm assumming moving to the right on your custom battle animation screen)

Edited by shadowofchaos

Everything looks good, but I'd recommend putting that list into a table for aesthetic purposes.

Waiting eagerly for a patch :) I'd be willing to playtest anything for you, if you'd like~

I generally do all my play testing myself, but before I release my next demo I'll send you a patch to look over before the final release of it if you'd like or something along those lines.

The animations so far look pretty... poor. D:

To start, they don't fit very well with Fire Emblem.

^that

What I suggested is edit the frames to be more the size of the characters and style that is in FE...

As well as adding frames in between...

Btw, you still haven't fixed the thing with the golem... having a "hit" command on the miss...

The golem could also use some moving to the left a bit on the enemy side (I'm assumming moving to the right on your custom battle animation screen)

Should I just give up on trying to put them in the hack then? I mean, if they don't fit well with Fire Emblem's graphics, then their is nothing I can really do about that. I mean, I put those animations in the hack because I thought they would look cool and be a nice addition, but right now, all I get is negative criticism (Needed criticism, but still...).

I could work on the frame rates more and do some repositioning, but I can't really do too much in terms of editing graphics. I'm a hacker (though not a very good one probably), not a spriter. I can only do so much with graphics and such since I have no comprehension of art or beauty and the like.

I'm really trying with this hack, but I'm starting to feel like people aren't really going to like it very much because of all the bad graphics and such. I think the biggest problem this hack probably is going to have is that I'm trying to make it in mind as being a game that I would like to play (which is why I added in the Megaman Zero/ Breath of Fire 2 Sprites) instead of being something that everyone would want to play.

The Golem problem wasn't fixed in any of the videos I made because I never changed it for the videos. I'm pretty sure that problem already, and if I didn't, it doesn't really take all that long to fix anyway.

I know people mostly complain about the graphics, but are there any problems with the Sound effects? No one really says anything about those.

Don't give up D:

I told you, I'm just being a ***** to help you ._.

It's their style... it's different... we're just saying that they don't fit in in their size the frame "blending" as you would say, etc.

Graphics are a big part of any game... it's just it's not all of it like people say before... that it has to work TOGETHER with a good story...

It can just be annoying to see nothing but negative comments one after the other at times. It's helpful, but can still be annoying at times.

chapter3.gif

Behold! The chapter 3 map. Hopefully it at least looks a bit better this time around. I think the mountains and the castle look pretty nice, but I think the desert could look better (maybe?). Not really sure. I had a pretty hard time making this map since it was kinda hard to see some of the sand tiles and figure out exactly where they should go and things like that. Don't know if that's because of my computer screen or my own somewhat bad vision, but I tried pretty hard to make that map so hopefully it looks passable.

It's always only after I post the map on forums do the problems with my maps become more clear to me (vision wise).

That map is gonna be HELL to cross.

Crap! I just realized/remembered that myself... And that's something that should be especially important to fix since my goal for what to have happen on that chapter is that you need to rescue some people. One of them is pretty durable (45 Hp, 24 def and res) but the other... not so much(30 Hp, 12 Def 19 Res). Ah well, I'll go fix it once I get more input on what to fix.

The left hand side looks very square - with the castle it's obviously fine (since it would be normally), but the desert-plains margins and stuff should have less straight edges, if you can. And, as people have said, it'll be too difficult to cross - you could shrink the map, or make it more varied between desert and yellow plains (look at chapters 5/7 in FE4 to see what I mean)

Edit: And the animations are good, they don't fit in traditional FE, but this hack won't be, so it's fine. The problem is the animations are jerky and short, at the moment.

Edited by I eat tables

Man, it might be because I don't give a rat's ass about standards, but I think your animations are fine, even if they aren't "FE-styled." I mean, you can always insert new animations if someone feels like making them.

As for the current map; I'd actually think it isn't that bad. It isn't that big and shouldn't take that long to cross... even if it depends on where you (and the green people you need to defend) start.

• 2 weeks later...

charactersheet5.png

Behold! Two mugs..... Yeah.....

For those who may or may not have noticed/cared, I took about a week off or something since I got re addicted to a very bad/addicting/somewhat good game. The reason why it was so easy for me to get addicted to this game was because I have spent almost all of my free time working on this hack since I started it. So I think a week off is a fair break. None the less, I am finally starting to break free of that addiction! Yay! Ah, but then comes another problem. Tatsunoko VS Capcom comes out later in January and that will keep me occupied for who knows how long depending on how much I enjoy it. Yep. Other than that, I start School again soon and will have to deal with school work again and stuff, so that's the kind of stuff that would keep me from working on the project. Yeah.....

Oh, and I've already said this before, but I would appreciate it if someone was willing to help me with making mugs. Mine aren't all that great and it would help me with moving the project along.

Additionally, If anyone has made any mugs of characters from FE 1-3 and FE 9-11 that they would like to have in this hack, please feel free to ask for them to be in. There are two chapters in this hack that are meant to be very easter eggy, and as such have a lot of references to pretty much every FE. I already have some mugs that I plan on using for these two chapters, but I was wondering if anyone wanted to have any more characters show up. THIS IS ENTIRELY OPTIONAL AND COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY! The only point of doing this is to add more cameos for these two chapters. There are only 10 slots, but none of them need to be filled, as this is optional since I don't need these 10 characters to complete the hack. Remember, you don't have to make an entirely new mug if you want to submit something; it could have just been something you already made.

To anyone who helps me with mugs, credit will obviously be given.

• 1 month later...