Hrm. Team help?

Okay, this is my first real time playing Path of Radiance, and I was wondering if any of you could help me with my team? :D Here's what I'm thinking for my final team. I'm on chapter 21, btw. And everyone I'm about to list is promoted.

Ike; Level 4

B support with Soren and Oscar.

Miracle and Aether.

Soren; Level 4.

B support with Ike.

Vantage and Adept.

Boyd; Level 5

No supports :(

Tempest

Rhys; Level 3

C support with Titania and Rolf (Going for A with Rolf; gave him the one with Titania for earlier levels.)

Serenity

Rolf; Level 6

C support with Rhys and Mist

Wrath

Oscar; Level 4

B support with Ike, C with Tanith (Going for A. He'll be a beast with +50 dodge!)

No skills. I took bows with him, for the Triangle attack.

Lethe; Level 9

B support with Jill

No skills; Demi band.

Tormod; Level 2

Going for A support with Calil.

Celerity

Tanith; Level 10

C support with Oscar.

Reinforce (Love this skill. :D)

Voke; Level 2 (Promoted at level 14. :T)

No supports.

Shade.

I keep Volke around just in case I need locks picked, chests opened, etc, etc. Volke > Sothe, from my understanding.

Calil; Level 7

No supports, going for A with Tormod

Nihil

Jill; Level 2

B support with Lethe

No skills.

Jill also has my Full Guard.

Reyson; Level 4

No supports. I'm thinking B with Tormod, B with Tanith?

Blessing and Canto.

---

For skills, I have one Occult (Soon to be two), Guard, Counter, Provoke, Gamble, and Smite. I hear Counter/Gamble/Smite are useless, so I'm not going to bother with them. I think I might give Provoke to Oscar/Boyd/Jill, someone that can play tank since I haven't leveled a General. As for my Occult, I have no idea who to give it to. I was thinking of Jill, Oscar, or Rolf- I hear Sol is good. I know my team also has a lot of magic users, but I <3 mages. And the only reason Ilyana isn't on my team is because she got RNG screwed, so I'm using Calil for my thunder magic. I'm also thinking of dropping Volke and maybe Reyson, should I? They both tend to be useful at times, so I'm not sure. Any advice? Suggestions? Complaints?

Do NOT drop Reyson, in some ways Sothe is better than Volke though because you have to pay him to do anything. Snipers don't really need the Occult, because they have an increased critical hit rate and their Occult skill has equal power to a critical. What's the Occult for Dragon (Wyvern) Lords? Is it Stun? Anyways, yes the Occult is good for people on Horse Back. You could give one of the occults to a magic user. And as for the 4th Occult that you'll get in chapter 27 I think... Boyd or Rhys... maybe Jill. That's just what I reccomend though.

You do realize you can get rid of skills, right? Give it to Calill, I mean it's not like anyone in this game has battle skills other than like, a few bosses.

For skills, I have one Occult (Soon to be two), Guard, Counter, Provoke, Gamble, and Smite. I hear Counter/Gamble/Smite are useless, so I'm not going to bother with them.

I'd try the Occult on a magic users, though people already suggested that... I'm just agreeing. Using someone with a Stun would be pretty useful when you get them to battle very strong enemy units, especially since they could fly away if they haven't used up all of their mevement, or whatever you may call it... Plus, what you use with Soren is exactly what I use! They're pretty useful together in my opinion when he uses both and kills the enemy before they ever get to attack! :lol:

Now, for the second sentence, I found the Smite pretty useful! When I was trying to seize before one of my people got killed, my Ike was too far away to do so, even my Reyson couldn't help him enough. But I was able to if I made my Maurim smite him. Smite has saved me quite a few times. As for Counter and Gamble, I think those are pretty useless, so I'd agree with who you heard that from for those.

Tanith's reinforce skill is kind of useful in the earlier stages of the game, but once you get to like 26 - ENDGAME, your 6 little peggys tend to die really fast. Plus, her stats aren't that good. :(

I don't really like Lethe either, but that's unjustified because I don't like subhuma-, er, laguz.

Haha, whoops. To late to drop Calil, I wasted an Occult on her. X)

I might drop Tanith. Jill is doing a good enough job as my flier. But what I'm wondering is if I should train mist.

For the fight against the Burger King. I hear only Ike and Mist can go, and that Mist helps out TONS if she's promoted and what not.

Should I?

Mist is waay better than Rhys...not to mention she helps in the fight...Horse = win...magic swords = win...normal swords = win...light magic = lame...

that's all there is to it...Mist can cap Magic and Strength with little effort...either that or my Mists are blesssed...

I use Calill for Rexbolt purposes and she's pretty decent. She sadly got nerfed in RD but that's a different story. Jill does not need Stun, give her Vantage and Wrath/Adept and she's all set. Tanith is very decent in POR and has the best Melee Unit Magic in the game.