Nickname: None

Class: Cavalier > Promoted to Great Knight

Affinity: Dark

Weapon proficiency: Sword

Inventory: Mount Slayer (sword)

Steel Lance

Vulnerary

Iron Shield

Raw Stats: Base (HP:4 STR:3 MAG:0 SKL:4 SPD:3 LCK:1 DEF:3 RES:2)

1/1 to 1/2: +1 hp , +1 str , +1 skl

1/2 to 1/3: +1 hp , +1 str , +1 spd

1/3 to 1/4: +1 def , +1 str , +1 spd

1/4 to 1/5: +1 def , +1 res , +1 hp

1/5 to 2/1: +1 hp, +1 str, +1 def, + 1 res

2/1 to 2/2 +1 hp, +1 str, +1 def

2/2 to 2/3 +1 skl, +1 spd, +1 res

Current; HP:9 STR:8 MAG:0 SKL:6 SPD:6 LCK:1 DEF:7(+2 from shield) RES:5

Simplified Stats: HP:27 Mt:8 Hit:6 Avo:7 AS:7 Def:7+2 Res:5

Math: starting points 837

Levels 1-promote -400

Remaining 437

Weapon affinity for lance -60

Vulnerary-10

Sell iron weapons + 40

Buy mount slayer (sword) and steel lance -120

Buys Iron shield -60

Levels two more times -210

17 left

Appearance: Stands at 6'2" With a muscular build. Has deep brown eyes, a light skin tone and thick long black hair (goes down to the shoulders) tied into a high ponytail. He wears a black scarf over his dark grey armour( armour is large and covers his whole body with large tall shoulder pads and a tall collar.) (I might draw a picture later)

Nature/Disposition: Polite, Generous, Confident, Loyal, Easy to Fluster, Can be emotional ( easily can become happy and excited but also can get sad or angry), never hurts a friend on purpose

Hometown: Europa

Backstory: Azazel was born in nice home in the outskirts of Europa. He enjoyed the quiet of his childhood homeHis house had a stable and many horses due to his father being a prominent horse rider and his mother also loving horses. Azazel often helped take care of the horses and also developed a love for them as well.

When the war got heated Azazel's father joined the army and was praised as an amazing soldier, Azazel was still young at the time so he almost alway new his father as the powerful soldier and looked up to him as a hero, as he always fought for the good of others and with honour and taught Azazel to do the same. Over the years Azazel's father quickly climbed the ranks of his army due to his skill so once he was 8 Azazel started to learn how to ride on his father's horse and to fight by instruction of his father and several other soldiers.

Quickly Azazel became a great rider and fighter like his father but also a respectable young man, cherishing the same values his father had. Due to his father becoming a high ranking soldier the family hired a few tenants to help with the stables and house work as well as many visiting soldiers to talk over business with his father so Azazel's house became less quiet and he often conversed with many new people and grew his social skills as well as his riding and combat skills. But his father became very busy and was gone longer on military expeditions. Still Azazel continued to train riding on his own horse Arthur and his his fighting skills under instruction of friends of his father. By the age of 16 Azazel was even able to go out and practice with the military or do small non dangerous missions with them and his father became very proud and impressed at the young honourable man Azazel was becoming.

On his 17th birthday Azazel's father had to again leave for combat but he promised Azazel that he would be able to join him for the next fight. On this expedition his father was killed in battle, unknown to Azazek and his mother he was betrayed by his own troop under command the other generals, the generals all saw Azazel's father as a threat to their position as not only was he just as good a fighter but also a much more just and honourable man who would surely win the favour of his people.When Azazel got the news it he was told that it was an ambush of enemy soldiers, the news crushed him but gave him new resolve . He would become stronger than his father and avenge him by holding all his father's values and becoming the greatest soldier he could be. A year after Azazel joined the military officially and set out he defended innocents and won many battles and easily became the spitting image of his father, strong, loyal, good tempered and honourable.

Intended Team: Will run into Team Sanctuary and join them

Mount Name: Arthur

Mount Nickname: Arty or Art

Mount Gender: Male

Mount Species: Horse

Mount Age: 12

Mound Appearance: A large jet black horse that appears very sturdy and stoic. In battle it's usually dressed heavily in dark grey armour to match Azazel's

Mount Personality: Very calm loyal. Acts very well trained but only listens to Azazel.

Mount Backstory: Child of Azazel's Father's horse was trained from birth to be a combat horse and was one of the horse's Azazel learned to ride and fight on. Became very attached Azazel as he was fed every meal by him and often tended to by almost only Azazel as well.

Feel free to correct in mistakes I may have made. And apologies for any typos.

Edited by As Fate Would Have It

Rider Azazel approved.

Though if he's still in the Ursian army he might have some trouble teaming up with either of the parties (Team Valcyn is a bunch of vigilantes with limited and occasional support from certain people in the army, and Team Sanctuary's in trouble with the church for rescuing a party member from the Order of Wrath ... they had to kill quite a few wrathites to escape, hence this on the run thing.)

I don't mind complex recruitment scenarios, I just want you to know in advance that this will definitely be one of them with the current backstory.

Well there's really only two ways to get out of an army unit and into either party.

A: Dereliction of Duty (might be necessary since he's aiming for Team Sanctuary)

B: Long Term Assignment Abroad (aka the Domovoi angle)

• 2 months later...

Aight so since it was first posted well over a year ago now and I don't think I ever plopped it here, I'm just gonna shove this here for a reference as to CURRENT appearances.

Edited by Ether

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Kaede Kibara

Class: Troubadour

Affinity: Ice

Weapon proficiency: Staves, Light

Weapon of Choice: Staff

God: Mercy

Inventory: Heal Staff (Diamante)

Stats:

Raw Stats: HP: 3 STR: 0 MAG: 6 SKL: 3 SPD: 3 LCK: 4 DEF: 0 RES: 5

Simplified stats: Hp: 9 Mt:6 Hit: 3 Avo: 7 Def: 0 Res: 5

Appearance: About 5'2"

[spoiler=Face+Hair]http://www.anime-planet.com/images/characters/ami_mizuno_3247.jpg

[spoiler=Outfit] http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yandere-simulator/images/e/ee/NeonUniform.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20160330091353

Theme Song:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVZVYbQ03SE (This is the best I could find XD)

Nature/Disposition: A bit timid and soft spoken. She didn't get along with people because of how standoffish she was so she decided to pretend to be social and cute to try and have someone to love her. She loves the idea of romance and wants to live her older life as a happily married women. Due to an incident that happened at her school causing her to run away she recently became a lot colder when not around people she wants to impress. Even going so far as to insult someone if they deserve it. She knows when she's being rude but is still blunt and honest. Around people she wants to impress she acts ditsy and cute, trying to win them over with 'charms'. She also wears a short skirt to try and entice men due to her...Smaller chest. Besides all this, she still cares for people's well being and will go out of her way to endanger herself just to help someone, even if she had been rude to them before.

Hometown: Born in a city near Kirsanov and Aria.

Connections: None she wants to remember.

Backstory: Kaede was born and raised learning healing. Her father had died in a war along with her older brother and her mother felt responsible so as soon as she could she forced her to learn healing magic. She specifically wanted her to become a Cleric as that would allow her to not have anyway of leaving her. But after she met a boy who kept horses she fell in love with a horse named Ichigo. The boy helped her learn how to ride it, and she slowly realized she wanted to be a Troubadour. She asked her mother but she lashed out at her saying she didn't want her to leave. Kaede continued to learn behind her mother's back, hoping she would one day let her become a Troubadour. She was very good in school, being in the high classes, but one day a few girls decided they didn't like how smart she was, after all she was so quiet. They started to spread a rumor that she had killed local animals for fun, and was cold hearted and sick. People started to call her monster an shun her, her own mother was already in shock and now she hated her too. Slowly she started to grow distant from everyone around, being quiet, being cold, and coming up with plans to leave her home. After the boy that taught her how to ride Ichigo started to avoid her, she one day just let Ichigo go and rode away. Not knowing were, all she knew was that she was going to act like this never happened and try to change her life for the better.

Mount Name: Ichigo

Mount Gender: Female

Mount Species: Horse

Mount Age: 12 Years in human age. 4 In horse years.

Mount Appearance: A white horse with a red tinted mane making it almost pink. It's eyes are amber.

Mount Personality: An apathetic horse that barely move around when not ridden. Really only likes eating and sleeping. But when Kaede rides her she'll get more active, even if she doesn't want to.

Mount Relations: Kaede, her original owner.

Mount Backstory: Raised by a young man and his older brother, Kaede seemed to have a crush on him and that's why she picked to learn how to ride his favorite. Though unknown to her, the boy somewhat expected Kaede to take Ichigo and run away.

Edited by Ariblooperchao

There are some issues with the signup, but first I want to point you to the latest news, since there's an update coming relatively soon that will change major parts of the system. Those are covered in detail here. It might be best to hold off until that update's completed since battles require access to roll20.

Okay now onto the issues with the signup itself:

Kaede doesn't have to start as a level 1 even though she's a new signup, and I don't recommend it since the enemies can be opportunistic. Near the bottom of the opening post there's a bold number. It's currently 857; that's how many points newcomers have to spend on levels and gear, etc. For the list of items to choose from and the level requirements, just check my profile, though, again, there's a major update coming and all of that will be affected.

Outfit:

I'm not a fan of these types of outfits in these types of settings unless they're themed properly (see Mist and Ilyana). If you're going for the zettai ryouiki look then there are better angles than a modern school uniform. Ether already set a precedent on this so I've got nothing else to add here.

Next up, birthplace. Kaede Kibara is a Japanese name, which is fine if not a bit awkward given her birthplace, but in this setting, thematically asian things, particularly Japanese things, ultimately originate from Kigen. If she was born in the far north, that would mean she was part of an immigrant family. That's all fine and good but you need to be aware of that going into this. How much of her culture she's been exposed to or even knows about versus Neviskotian culture is important to consider. Her birthplace is also important because it will factor into travel and which party she can feasibly join, which I'll get into later.

The last thing for birthplace I need to point out is that the cities you mentioned are a part of two separate countries. Both of those cities are also a fair distance from each other, around 200 miles. but that's not the main issue. The main thing you need to be aware of is the two different countries.

Neviskotia: An eastern country known best for its cooperative relationship with dragons, incredibly large navy, and intense rivalry with Ursium. It's existed for over a thousand years.

Aquila: An isolationist country inhabited by the avians. This country has been around since well before year 1 A.R. The country doesn't allow humans anywhere near Aria, and only a handful are allowed near Flugel, the coast village at the country's southern edge.

Now there is a city marked between Aria and Kirsanov, though I never got around to naming it. If you want Kaede to be from that city, that's fine, but it's a fair distance from either group. Her backstory sees her heading off with no particular destination in mind, but that's still a lot of travel to get anywhere near either of the groups.

The Player Character Parties:

Team Valcyn: This group's trying to find and destroy a spatial gateway the Corvians designed (Fallen Empire) that may or may not have been built yet in Neviskotia. They're also trying to track down and destroy a nameless organization that's been giving them hell since the very beginning of the story.

Team Sanctuary: This group's a loose alliance of three separate parties trying to track down a different spatial gateway in Kigen. The group (some of them anyway) is hoping to confront and depose the Corvian leader Emperor Valdimarr and take his piece of the Fire Emblem.

Both groups are currently still in Ursium (western country) but heading to their respective goal countries. Newcomers can have characters join one group or the other.

So, can't approve this as is, but if you address the things I've pointed out so far that'll be a big improvement. If you've got any questions, let me know.

Oh I'm so happy that I actually have to make edits! I was freaking out...I felt like something was wrong with my character and I knew if it was accepted it would bug me until the end of time... I'm probably going to to, like you recommended, hold off from editing until the new update, knowing my luck I'm not surprised I chose this time... XD As for pretty much every other thing you said I think I'll just say it was my complete fault... (Not understanding distances, or choosing an odd outfit. Just need to reread all the rules..Again...) I hope I can become better at creating characters and helping make this site a little less... Not me!~

P.S. The character parties I intentionally left out cause I was worried of messing it up more than I already had.

Oh and...Glomp~sharo_and_chino_glomp_icon_by_magical_ic

I'm going to have to find a way to revamp the signup topic since even without the update some of the information presented doesn't help as much with signing up new characters as I'd like. For now though I'll just put the link to the update proposal and some notes at the top. You can also find that same information in my signature (the red links).

The info's out there for people to theorycraft if they want so you can definitely start updating Kaede, though the new items list isn't ready just yet. One thing, though, I'm still trying to make sure that everyone can actually use roll20 to participate in battles. If you think you've got a slow computer then I want to make sure it'll still run for you.

That goes for everyone; If you're not sure, then let me get you into the test room to check.

Hi? Am I supposed to wait until the update's been finalized to do my stats?

Name: Mari Takada (高田真理)

Class: Soldier

Affinity: Earth

Weapon proficiency: Lance

Appearance:
post-25829-0-31884100-1469615992_thumb.png post-25829-0-24965100-1469616119_thumb.png

Nature/Disposition: Patient, values survival over all else. The type of person who's lethargic without any higher purpose, but throws her all into something she's decided is worth living for. Right now, it's supporting her mother-- she hasn't planned beyond that, or even much aside from that.

Hometown: A port city in the southeast of Kigen

Connections: Yuuki (優希) - Older (by 15 years) half-brother who inherited their father's business.
Kyosuke (京介) - Older (by 5 years) brother, whereabouts unknown. Should they meet again, she'd punch him in the face. (Possibly irrelevant, but he's working off his debts as a pirate now.)

Backstory: Mari is the daughter of a Kigenese merchant from his second wife, a mercenary of Rexian descent. He died when Mari was fifteen, unfortunately before she could be arranged to be married. While not ideal, their situation wouldn't have been so bad had her brother not gambled away their share of the inheritance and vanished. Without any legitimate means to make a living there, they decided to sail east to Neviskotia where they picked up her mother's old trade. Seven years later, Mari's still working hard so her mother, who's nearing fifty, won't have to.

Intended Team: Team Valor IDK? I don't mind either, I think. Whichever would make sense for Mari. Or should I go through the RP logs to get a better idea of what's going on?

Yeah waiting's probably for the best. On the brightside, I'm finally making some headway on a few annoying bits.

So onto the info on Mari so far. Just about everything looks good though if she and her mother moved to Neviskotia, they'd be northeast of Kigen rather than southeast. Since the landmasses don't have the countries marked specifically that's more my fault, so no worries there. I'm going to be updating the map sometime today anyway so that should give a better sense of what's what.

Wrt which team Mari would be joining, it's probably going to come down to geography like usual. Team Valcyn's heading to Neviskotia from the west to deal with two separate problems and Team Sanctuary's heading south to Kigen to deal with similar problems. Obviously I'd recommend Team Valcyn unless Mari's planning on heading back to Kigen soon.

I do have a couple of questions about the signup. Do you have any way of coaxing Mari out of her day to day and into joining one of the parties? And lastly is she going to be able to make sure her mother's looked after or will she be taking her along for the journey? Just a few things to address in the meantime.

So... Hello? I'm rather interested in this RP, but from what I'm reading, it's currently waiting for an update. Can I post some of the basic stuff here in the meantime? (Obviously not the stats and such)

Alrighty then!

Name: Cless Eyvolt
Nickname: Mist
Class: Thief
Affinity: Wind
Weapon Proficiency: Axes

Weapon of Choice: He's used to wield hatchets from some jobs he has done, but he doesn't mind that a lot.
Appearance:

The one on the left!
1238847.jpg

Nature/Disposition: Calm and thoughtful. Can be rather slow when it comes down to understanding simple things, but he gives his all whenever someone he likes needs him. Sucks at being subtle.

Hometown: Algaera, Rex-Avaz
Connections: His family in Algaera, which consist of his father, Mond Eyvolt, and mother, Lina Detti. A lot of people also know him because he worked for them, but most of them just have faint memories of him since he left rather quickly

Backstory: Cless was a always shy, but smart and with a good heart. His life consisted in him doing things to help his father in the shop they had, and he was happy while doing so. His childhood is something he treasures fondly, and always thinks about those times.
As he grew, he started developing a lot of curiosity about the world, and he wanted to understand a lot of things for a "secret plan" that he hadn't told to anybody. At the age of 18, he parted from it's home and started traveling different locations of the continent. It was a risky life, since he had to live sometimes in terrible conditions, all by himself, but he pulled through it, everything to "make his secret plan true". At his age of 21, he's travelling through the continent of Ursium, nearby the city of Ursentius.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OEgZY8-yhA

Team ZeRo!... oh wait. Eh, I'm fine with any of the two teams really.

Aaaaand that's it for now. For some reason I feel like there's going to be something wrong about what I wrote, but I'll change it the moment you tell me so.

Also: his "secret plan" is just a childish dream he has, nothing of epic proportions or sorts~

Edited by Drarky

His backstory seems fine, really, though one thing to keep in mind is where he is and when, since joining either Team Valcyn or Team Sanctuary requires newcomers to be in specific areas. Right now both teams are wrapping up some business in Ursium, and Team Valcyn's next destination is Neviskotia, but that's still a huge distance from where you've currently got Cless placed.

Since she's a mercenary I was thinking she'd already be leaving her mother in someone else's care? Since it's not a line of work that leaves you much time to spend at home.

Looking at the map again: Oh, I thought there would be a way to Neviskotia from Kigen that didn't involve going through or around Ursium. I don't mind moving Mari to Ursium, since there's no real reason for them to travel any further, and it looks like that would be more convenient for joining either group anyway. Maybe they settled down in Urquium?

Isn't there a huge Fallen threat they're trying to stop? Maybe she could be convinced that there's a problem big enough to worry about.

I have no problem on moving him in whatever place it is of the continent, I'll edit that to be ambigous so I'm free to move him wherever you need to for him to be recruited.

I'll also add some slight details there (Like his theme and... I don't know if anythig else)

The Mercenary angle never fails~ I may even have a recruitment angle for Team Sanctuary if you're interested, but more on that in a minute.

Team Sanctuary is currently in Urquium trying to find a ship captain willing to ferry them south to Kigen. Team Valcyn's still in Ursentius trying to strike at one of their enemies while they've still got the chance, and after that they'll be heading east to Neviskotia, either by land or by sea (they haven't settled on a route just yet).

As for the fallen threat, that's the two objectives both teams share. Team Valcyn's hoping to find and destroy a spatial gateway the fallen are going to build and use to funnel an army into Neviskotia, bypassing all of their defenses. Team Sanctuary's trying to prevent the same from happening in Kigen. They're leaving the third gate in Ursium to Weyland and Steinn, the two who clued them in on what's going on. Aside from the monster attack in Europa, the general public doesn't really know anything about the situation. They're more concerned with the ongoing war between Ursium and Neviskotia. Knowing about the impending invasion of all three major human countries can certainly be motivating, so we could work in a way for Mari (and any of the other signups) to find out about that.

Now for that recruitment angle I mentioned. Team Sanctuary's looking for passage to Kigen, and I've got a couple of NPCs ready to assist like always. Depending on which one they pick, Mari could be one of that ship captain's own hires, and decide to go with Team Sanctuary once they reach Kigen after hearing about the fallen issue (because let's face it, they're not going to be able to keep that hush hush for a whole week :P).

For those more interested in joining Team Valcyn, the best place to be for an immediate (relatively speaking) recruitment is Ursium's capital city, Ursentius.

Hmmm... considering the situation, I suppose I'll change Cless' starting point to Ursentius, that would give me a reason as of to why join their team, since they want to travel to a different region (which is something that catches Cless' attention)