Return of The Emblem Information & Signup

Phoenix

So I just realized that Veronika has enough points to level up (barely), so here goes.

Veronika levels up to Swordmaster Level 4!

+HP +STR +SPD

New base stats. HP:7 STR:10 MAG:0 SKL:10 SPD:14 LCK:2 DEF:1 RES:1

Simplified HP:21 Mt:10 Hit:12 AS:14 AVO:16 DEF:1 RES:1

2 points remaining

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin to buy Level-Up!

Points -100:

Stats: Former: Raw Stats: HP: 5 STR: 4 MAG: 0 SKL: 11 SPD: 8 LCK: 4 DEF: 3 RES: 1

Simplified Stats: HP: 15 MT: 8, Hit: 11 AS: 8, AVO: 12, DEF/RES: 5/1

New: Raw Stats: HP: 6 (+1) STR: 4 MAG: 0 SKL: 12 (+1) SPD: 9 (+1) LCK: 4 DEF: 3 RES: 1

Simplified Stats: HP: 18 MT: 9, Hit: 15 AS: 9, AVO: 13, DEF/RES: 5/1

Edited by Snowy_One

• 3 weeks later...

Is it okay if I join?

Name: Alphonse Claudius

Class: Fighter

Affinity: Wind

Weapon proficiency: Axe

Weapon of Choice: Ranged Axe

Inventory: Hatchet (Short Axe), Revival Potion, Sidearm, Life Book

Raw Stats:HP: 6 STR: 7 MAG: 0 SKL: 9 SPD: 9 LCK: 6 DEF: 4 RES: 1

Simplified Stats: HP:18 MT:7,ranged-capable Hit: 11 Evade:15 AS:9 Defense:4 Resistance:1

Appearance: See picture, mostly. Clothing: Leather, but not enough to really protect much. Grey top underneath and green pants. Build: Tall, lanky

dqRQTsx.png

Nature/Disposition: Perpetually nervous, otherwise polite

Hometown: His hometown doesn’t really want him anymore. It’s in Neviskosia, for what it’s worth.

Connections: Nobody who wants to admit it.

Backstory: Alphonse was the son of two low-ranking soldiers who retired in his late teens. He was given some degree of martial training, but though he was reasonably good at it, his heart was never really in it. At around 20, Alphonse volunteered for military service to earn a bit of cash for himself and his parents. He tried to get himself placed somewhere that was unlikely to see combat, and succeeded. But probability and certainty are not synonymous, and one day when he was on watch duty, he saw large numbers of enemy forces approaching. He ran. Immediately. Desertion. He did not stop to report the sighting to anyone. He does not know of the result. He is somewhat ashamed of his actions, although not enough to go back. Since then, he mostly travelled from small village to small village, vaguely in the direction of any port city near Kigen in the hopes of finding a village in Rex-Avaz or Kigen that won’t ask too many questions. He survives off food obtained via eat-and-run and whatever he can scrounge up, steering well clear of law enforcement.

He will almost certainly be dragged into something somewhere along the way.

Sell Iron Axe: 820 (+20)

Tier 2 Level 3: 210 (-610)

Buy Hand Axe: 170 (-40)

Buy Revival Potion: 140 (-30)

Buy Sidearm: 80 (-60)

Buy Life Book: 20 (-60)

20 points remaining

Hand Axe to Short Axe: 0 (-20)

18 points to spend, max 6 in any given stat (>2,>3,>4,>5,>t2/2,>t2/3)

Starting chassis: Fighter

HP: 5 STR: 5 MAG: 0 SKL: 2 SPD: 3 LCK: 2 DEF: 2 RES: 1

>Warrior: +1 HP, +1 STR, +1 SKL, +1 DEF

HP: 6 STR: 6 MAG: 0 SKL: 3 SPD: 3 LCK: 2 DEF: 3 RES: 1

HP: 6 STR: 7 MAG: 0 SKL: 9 SPD: 9 LCK: 6 DEF: 4 RES: 1

Does this all look alright? Some of the backstory is a bit vague just because I want to reduce the likelihood of it conflicting; if there are any things that fit well there, please let me know. Also if there are any problems let me know.

Edited: Confirmed proper ranged damage.

Edit2: per Ether's sugestion, upgrading to Short Axe.

Edited by vcvcvc12

Yeah signups are always open~

I don't see anything wrong with the signup, so great job there (though if he joins Team Sanctuary it'll be kind of funny since there's a benched Alphonse in that group). Also, just assume everything rounds down unless it specifically states otherwise, so handaxe mt would be 4, at range for now. As for backstory, it looks fine, and it is vague enough for us to get him into either of the groups, though he'll have to have gotten into Ursium by this point in time. Other than that though, I don't see any issues.

So I'll go ahead and approve this one. If you haven't decided which group you want Alphonse in, you should probably come onto the rp's IRC channel sometime and we can sort that out. A pretty fast way is through mibbit (just search for #returnoftheemblem on the darkmyst server).

Hey, nice, new blood. Fighters are always good, to. But if I might make a suggestion, since you have 20 points left, the hand axe costs 40 points, and the short axe is 60. You've actually got enough to have the short axe right off the bat, and not lose any power at range, if you want to do that.

Signed,

Your resident neighbourhood crazy person.

Hey, so it's time to go SHOPPING

Faatina levels up to 2/3! -110(5)

+HP/STR/SPD

Hp:7 Str:9 Mag:0 Skl:8 Spd:7 Lck:1 Def:5 Res:5

Hp:21 Mt:13.5/9 Hit:10 AS:7 Evd:8 Def:7 Res:5

Isabella upgrades her Splint Mail to Platemail! -20(17 remaining)

Hp:24 Mt:19.8/12 Hit:10 AS:5 Evd:6 Def:9 Res:0/9

Veronika buys Vulnerary for 10 points, new total 39 points.

Nadya sells basic Light Tome +20, buys Bulwark Light Tome for 80. New total 48 points.

Liam buys Taunt Manual, new total 51 points.

• 2 months later...

Name: Kenta Ezren
Nickname: Ken
Class: Myrmidon
Affinity: Light
Weapon proficiency: Swords.
Weapon of Choice: Cursed Katana (Tier 2, LVL 3)
Inventory: Cursed Katana, Splint Mail, Vulnerary, Skill Book (Astra).

Level: Tier 2, Level 3

Raw Stats: HP: 6 STR: 4 (increases every level) MAG: 0 SKL: 6 (increases every level) SPD: 6 LCK: 2 DEF: 2 (increases every level.) RES: 2 (Level changes.)

Simplified Stats: HP: 9 MT: 4 (4.2 with cursed sword) HIT: 6.25 AS: 5 EVD: 7 DEF: 2 RES: 2 (Tier 2, Level 3 changes)

Nature/Disposition: Quiet, Shy.
Hometown: Kayoyama
Connections: Unknown
Backstory: A young boy growing up in a capital, Kenta and his father ran the forge, his father made the weapons, while Kenta ordered the supplies and made orders for weapon fixes, ore mining, etc. but what his father didn't know, Kenta was being trained by his uncle to be a Samurai, he would practice when he had time, and his uncle looked up to him doing so. Just when he thought tragedy wouldn't strike, His father was killed when he went on a trip with his workers, and his mother was poisoned out of sight. Kenta mourned, but he didn't give up at life. He ran the forge with his uncle, and kept collecting the money that needed to pay for their house. Kenta started forging at age 13, and forged hundreds of swords, shields, etc. at 15. Kenta learned that an army built from the wielder of a Fire Emblem piece, Raquel. So he set out to find the group, with the clothes he wore, the gear he equipped, and the Cursed Katana he found on his Journey. The journey soon takes him to Ursium, where he hears that the group is near. He heads in to find Raquel and her friends. He knows they would need the help of a piece wielder, so he started looking.

Appearance: http://ultimaxsauron.deviantart.com/art/My-Fire-Emblem-Character-Kenta-Ezren-556827144?ga_submit_new=10%253A1440807637 (this was created by me.)

Edited by KentaEzren

Ok, uh... Not sure what you've done with your stats? You should have raw stats based off of myrm starting stats. So basically,

HP: 3 STR: 3 MAG: 0 SKL: 5 SPD: 5 LCK: 2 DEF: 1 RES: 1

Are your base raw starting stats. Then, every time you level, you have 3 points you can add, but you can't add more than one to a specific stat for each level. So, depending on how many times you level, your raw stats will change. From there, you'd calculate your SIMP stats.

Now, moving on:

You need to better explain how you're using the starting points. So right now, newcomers have 837 points to spend on levels, equipment, etc. You're currently listing your inventory as cursed sword (it being katana would just be flavor), and then potion and sickle, neither of which actually exist? There's vulnerary which is essentially a potion, but if that's what you want, you'd need to specify, and then I don't know what you mean by sickle.

I'd suggest taking some time, rereading both the OP and the items list in Phoenix's profile and then writing out exactly how you leveled your dude, what points you put where for each level and then what items you sold/bought.

Scorri already covered the various stat and item issues so I'll just be focusing on backstory. Kayoyama's the capital of Kigen, and the continent's name is Sardius, just so you're aware. The backstory itself seems mostly fine right up until the mentions of armies and continents. I've quadruple checked to make sure I knew what you're trying to say but it's too vague to matter; there's no continental or joint army in place or forming. Now there is an effort underway to get the three major human countries working together to combat the Fallen, but that plan hasn't properly started, yet.

I recommend figuring out which of the two parties you'd prefer to have Kenta in and then tailor the backstory to better accommodate the eventual encounter, which I'll gladly help with when you're ready to start looking into it.

Uhhhh, ok. So issues again.

First off, your raw stats have you not having leveled at all. You have 837 points to spend. So if you do nothing at all, you'd be a 1/1 myrm with those base stats and an iron sword. Since you want a cursed sword, you can sell your iron sword and buy a cursed sword instead. So that'd be:

Sell Iron Sword: +20 Points

Buy Cursed Sword: -40 Points

So then you have 817 points to spend. You then bought a shield (presumably wooden shield since that's the base one) a vuln and a stim. An issue there: You can only have one consumable at a time, so you need to either buy a stim or a vuln. So:

Buy Wooden Shield: -30 points

Buy Vuln or Stim: -10 points or -20 points

At which point you have either 777 or 767 points left to spend. So at this point, you can spend those points to level up and upgrade your weapons. Cause if you stay at level 1, you will literally be useless, sorry.

Second, Simp stat calcs. You messed this up too. Way you have it right now:

Raw Stats: HP: 3 STR: 3 MAG: 0 SKL: 5 SPD: 5 LCK: 2 DEF: 1 RES: 1

Simplified Stats: HP:6 MT:3 (+2 with LCK) Hit: 3 AS:5 DEF:1 RES:1

So simp HP is 3*raw HP, MT is STR plus any modifiers from your weapon. HIT is SKL*1.25. AS is SPD. EVD which you seem to have forgotten is AS+LCK. DEF and RES are DEF and RES plus any modifiers from items. So what yours should be is:

Raw: HP: 3 STR: 3 MAG: 0 SKL: 5 SPD: 5 LCK: 2 DEF: 1 RES: 1

Simp Stats: HP: 9 MT: 3 (4.2 with cursed sword) HIT: 6.25 AS: 5 EVD: 7 DEF: 1 (1.2 with wooden shield) RES: 1

So I'd suggest spending at least 610 points to get up to Tier 2 Level 3, that will get you on par with most of us. Then you'd have the remaining points to upgrade your weapons. Or you could spend 725 points to get up to Tier 2 Level 4. I'd suggest spending some time reading the portion on Points, Leveling, Weapons, and Equipment and then fixing stuff.

Not sure if RP is still going, but here goes!

Name: Rolo Etreen
Class:Thief
Affinity: Fire
Weapon proficiency: Knives
Weapon of Choice: Has a special weapon; The weapon is a make shift lock pick, with a part of the lock pick has a small serrated knife that cuts small animals swiftly, quite weak on everything else.
Inventory:Special weapon:Flich(Description is above)
Raw Stats:HP: 3 STR: 2 MAG: 0 SKL: 5 SPD: 5 LCK: 3 DEF: 1 RES: 1
Simplified Stats:HP:9 MT:2(3 with CK) Hit:5 Evade:8 AS:5 Defense:1 Resistance:1
Appearance:post-14174-0-08672200-1440933569.png About 5'5
Nature/Disposition: Goofy when around people he knows he can entertain, but somewhat shy to others, as he cant express himself too well.
Hometown:Urden
Connections: Not many people, as he never gone outside the outside world before.
Backstory:Son of a baker, lives a normal life with the other village citizens, he would often get very bored, and would steal only for the excitement, and not for greedy reasons, and wealth. Carries around his signature weapon, to ward intimidate/scare those who would catch him, in his thievin adventures. Would also use his weapon to kill small rodents that invade his familys bakery, and would hunt squirrels for trade. Gets involved when he hears rumours about the fire emblem from gossiping villagers, although he justs shoots it off as gossip, his boredom and curiousity gets the best of him, and he goes on an adventure to see what this emblem truly is.

Edited by CobyTheGoober

You've got the same problems as the last guy, friendo. First off, knives isn't actually a weapon proficiency(you can get a combat or throwing knife as a special weapon, but not as a base proficiency), and you didn't use any of your points, as you're still level 1.

Basically, you're gonna want to pump yourself full of levels(I would not advise being anything below Tier 2 level 2 by this point) and then spend the rest of your starting points on equipment. To find equipment, click on Phoenix(the GM's) profile, and look for the Return of the Emblem section, he has a full item list with effects and costs. From there, you can grab things like an actual knife, armour, other trinkets if armour isn't your jam, healing items, secondary weapons(as a thief, you'll have swords regardless, and while you might opt to sell your starting sword and just grab a knife, maybe something there will catch your fancy).

Either way, like the last guy, I can guarantee that a level 1 thief with an Iron Sword is not going to do much, considering everything we're fighting is promoted by this point. If you want some help, try and get on IRC (darkmyst - #ReturnoftheEmblem), eventually someone will come online and can help you out directly.

Edited by Ether

Also, be sure to keep in mind that some items/weapons have minimum level requirements. I believe that list is in Phoenix's profile as well. Also, you can have a sword stat-wise, but flavor it as a knife if you want, I'm pretty sure. You'll want to ask Phoenix/Cynthia (the GMs) about that first, but we have had flavor for other weapons before. We've even had a crossbow flavored as obsidian-tipped arrows, so don't feel like you can't be imaginative with custom weapons flavor-wise.

As for starting points, I believe that's listed on the OP (opening post) of this thread. Level prices are also on the OP.

Kenta: You still haven't leveled your dude, which means you can't have any of the equipment you want because level requirements, and you still have the issue of conflicting equipment. You can only have one item in each slot, which means you can only have one of vuln and stim and one of shield and splintmail

Alright, so I start off buy buying a vulnerary (-10) so now I have 827 points left.

I then spend 30 points on a leather padding, now I'm at 797 points i believe. I then get up to tier 2 level 3.

Stats go from

HP: 3 STR: 2 MAG: 0 SKL: 5 SPD: 5 LCK: 3 DEF: 1 RES: 1

To

HP:10 STR:5 MAG:0 SKL:7 SPD:10 LCK:3 DEF:2 RES:1 Is that how leveling up work? :3

so now I have 187 points.. I then upgrade my iron sword to steel for 30 points, and then I buy 1 book of life, so now I have 97 points left.

I use 20 points to upgrade to half plate armor, and I finally end off, by buying a ArmorSlayer for 60 points.

I now have 17 points.

Uh, you can't have two weapons without buying weapon proficiency, so you either need to spend 60 points to get weapon affinity, could then sell the iron sword for 20 points, but you wouldn't have enough either way. So if you don't upgrade your armor, and don't get the vuln, then you'd have enough to get the armorslayer, but not on its own.

Now, uh, as for your points... no it's not. So the way leveling works is every time you level up, you get 3 points to spend but can't put more than one point in each stat. However, when you go from Tier 1 to Tier 2, you get a set +4 stats that's different for every class. So for Thief, it's +2SPD, +2LCK. So at Tier 2, Level 3, you should have 42 stat points. You have 37, so I don't really know what you did tbh. It might help if you write it out like this:

1/1 to 1/2: +1 HP, +1 STR, +1 SPD

1/2 to 1/3: +1 HP, +1 STR, +1 SKL

1/3 to 1/4: +1 HP, +1 SKL, +1 DEF

1/4 to 1/5: +1 HP, +1 SKL, +1 SPD

1/5 to 2/1: +2 SPD, +2 LCK

etc.

Alright, this is my first time, so I was expecting mistakes. Time to redo it a bit.

Level up to tier 2 level 3, so I now have 227 points left.

Level up stat improvements:

1/1 to 1/2 I get +1HP +1STR +1SPD

1/2 to 1/3 I get +1HP +1SKL +1SPD

1/3 to 1/4 I get +1STR+1SPD+1DEF

1/4 to 1/5 I get +1HP +1SPD+1RES

*Promotes to Rogue*

+2SPD +2LUK

2/1 to 2/2 I get +1HP + 1STR +1RES

2/2 to 2/3 I get +1 SPD +1HP +1RES

My stat total is now

HP: 8 STR: 5 MAG: 0 SKL: 6 SPD: 12 LCK: 5 DEF: 2 RES: 4

Now with my remaining 227, I buy weapon affinity, now I have 167 points remaining. I then now have my special weapon, and my iron weapon. I upgrade my iron weapon to steel for 30 points. I how have 137.

I then buy leather padding, and upgrade for 20 points I used 50 points in total.

I now have 87 points. I end off by buyin a vulnerary for 10 points, and a book of life for 60. I have 17 points leftover.

I think I did this right :D

The backstory still has a similar problem to the previous version, Kenta.

Kenta learned that an army built from the 3 human countries combined. So he set out to find this group, with the clothes he wore, the gear he equipped, and the Cursed Katana he found on his Journey.

While I did say there's an effort to put together a force to combat the fallen, it hasn't started yet. I said 'properly started' last time, but what I meant by that is that word hasn't gotten out even though that's one of their current goals. What the parties are doing (when they're not distracted) is in response to a threat very few others know about, so there's no way someone in Kenta's (your PC's) situation can know anything about this, just yet.

Since both of the parties are in Ursium right now, if you want to run into one of them sooner rather than later, you'll have to decide on a backstory that takes this into account. Like I said before, though, everything up until the army part is fine, but Kenta's going to need a reason or set of circumstances (or both) that eventually place him in Ursium if he's going to run into either group anytime soon. I don't have any solid ideas right now, but I'll let you know if anything comes to mind. In the meantime, if you're interested, you can ask me or the others for any information you might need about either of the groups to help you come up with something.

Lastly, scorri pointed out the stat and gear issues before so you should have a look at those, too. Also, read my response to Coby (just below here) since I'll be addressing the specifics of leveling, too.

Stats go from

HP: 3 STR: 2 MAG: 0 SKL: 5 SPD: 5 LCK: 3 DEF: 1 RES: 1

To

HP:10 STR:5 MAG:0 SKL:7 SPD:10 LCK:3 DEF:2 RES:1 Is that how leveling up work? :3

Not quite but don't worry, I'll show you exactly how it works.

The initial stats you start off with are the base stats. You'll add 3 points per level, but you can only increase any given stat once per level. You do this up to level 5. Then, the next level, promotion, has automatic point assignments based on class. Rolo's a thief promoting to assassin, so his promotion gains are +2 SPD and +2 LCK. You don't add anything else other than the bonuses listed for the class promotion when promoting to Tier 2 level 1. The same thing applies to Tier 3 level 1 but depending on the class, the next promotion set may be different from the first. It varies but the thief class has identical promotions so you don't need to worry about that part. Also, there's a tier specifics section in both the OP and in my profile that can help you double check your level if you think you might have miscounted.

One tiny thing I'll note about the gear. 'Upgrade' is a bit of a misnomer here since signups don't get to upgrade their weapons (this is why things like precise+ and stilettos aren't available on signup), but the price difference between iron weapons and steel weapons in particular means even if you did upgrade, the price would be the same as just buying the steel direct, so I won't ask you to change the wording there. I just want you and anyone else reading to know/remember that the signups have to buy everything direct, and can upgrade proper once they get a hold of the NPCs that deal with that in story. Suddenly I am missing Le Connor. Let us return to Weyland Enterprises.

Now aside from levels and gear, you'll want to pick one of the two parties to eventually run into (can't do both, sorry :P). You can pick based on preference or whichever group seems to be in greater need of this particular character, whichever.