Custom Battle Frames

Jubby

And when you write that guide, could I maybe include it in an "extra info" section with credits to you in my Ultimate Tutorial? I'd like to add random info that doesn't necessarily fit into any other category there (or maybe it does but I just don't feel like implementing it so I add it to the end, XD). If not that's cool anyway. XD

Gotta love the graphic critique on a hacking thread, though I should post the updated version so people stop making redundant critique (since while saying it's blinding is an over-exaggeration or else people of these newer generations REALLY sit on their asses in front of TVs and computers so much they've started to become blind) it's definitely distracting. But yeah the point of him posting that was to prove he can do it :\ And Jubby you should only post the screenshot or else it might seem like advertising or something. People love to get wrong impressions and assume the worst. So don't link to the blog. :\

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

(since while saying it's blinding is an over-exaggeration or else people of these newer generations REALLY sit on their asses in front of TVs and computers so much they've started to become blind)

Staring at the amateur-ish battle graphics will certainly cause blindness at this rate. It's not even that the colors are fucking horrible--somehow someone didn't notice the text, weapon icon, and battle stats don't even match up with the frames.

:[

The numbers for the stats are floating over the HIT/CRT/DMG letters, all the text is closer to the bottom of the boxes than they're supposed to be (the icons are smashed against the bottom of their frames with a large 3-pixel gap above them. There's more dead space on the right-most battle frame than the left-most.

Everything is off by a few pixels. And the glaring background of the weapon text and icon is still worse than that.

ILKxn.png

Pointing out the offset image. Other pics to point out errors at blog: http://tacticsuniverse.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-battle-frame.html#comment-form

Edited by Celice

It's sort of hard to make a detailed frame like that fit into 31 tiles; I had to make everything fit and to do that, I had to make things symmetrical, resulting in most of the boxes lining up perfectly with 8x8 gridlines. FE7's frame doesn't work like that, but it's also considerably more boring. AND I don't think anyone really cares if things aren't perfectly aligned with the boxes. Also, I didn't make it, so the weapon name thing's not mine

To be fair the limit can be expanded, just so you guys know. I never bothered because I am a FE8 hacker, and the limit for FE8 is considerably higher, so I never bothered with increasing it, but there is in fact more than one way to add more tiles to the whole thing.

Also, who was the spriter of that battle sheet? Whoever did it deserves a congratulation, since it has some appealing details such as the thing behind name boxes, or the use of a goldenish border. This seems like the prototype of what could be an awesome battle sheet soon. :)

Takes ASM. The limit is created based on how the game works with the loading of the images right after the stat sheet is loaded, so with a share of work it could be expanded.

Keep in mind though, it will take a lot of work to move stuff in the memory around, and correct the TSAs for that.

You could also use the fact that the game only replaces certain tiles to create the limit, make it so in your tile sheet they are blank tiles, and in the tiles after that one you can make use of the extra tiles in your TSA freely; It will require manual editing of your sheet, my technique with Wingrit will not work automagically like it does now with this, but it is do-able.

If one works hard enough, and as long as the hardware allows it, anything is possible. :)