• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

i will never stop being barfled at how a certain sect of the left is more concerned at proving an old arrogant crook is "unfairly" in jail than at opposing bolsonaro's bad policies. EVERYTHING that happens has to be used as a tool to prove said crook is in jail unfairly. Who cares about Bolsonaro's cuts on education funds (in Gleisi's words, you can't protest about education without advocating for free squid". Yeah, because education did great on his government -NOT)? Who cares about the fact gun laws are getting laxer? No, all that matters is FREE SQUID!!!11!!1!! And if you don't give a fuck about the crook being in jail, you must be a pro bolsonaro right winged reactionary.

Thank god for PDT and PSB lmao

Edited by Nobody

there's this thing called due process which, last i heard, is very important. a judge actively participating in investigation, doing such things as giving clues to the lead prosecutor is, objectively speaking, wrong.

lula being guilty or not (he might even be guilty!) doesn't matter when a trial is unfair, and that is also a very important issue that needs to be discussed properly. if one can just simply put political enemies on trial, and subsequently in jail without needing to follow the law accordingly, doesn't that set a dangerous precedent? 

You'd have a point if the entire platform of the largest opposition party wasn't "free squid".

You and me both know very well they'd rather have squid free and bolsonaro as president than someone like Ciro (or even Haddad!) as president and Squid stuck. That's why they go "politician from xxxx party won't get arrested" then when politician from xxxx party gets arrested they shut up. Because it breaks their narrative. They point out politicians from others parties won't get arrested (even though they will) not to get politicians from other parties to be arrested, but to get free Squid. It's all that matters to them.

Moro and Dallagnol are definitely pieces of shit tho, but TRF4 and STJ are independent from them and also convicted the squid. Let's hope the legal and political carreer of both end, but that's it.

TBH part of what bothers me so much is how they act as if anyone against FREE SQUID was a Bolsominion. I held my nose and voted for Haddad on last elections (and am very happy I did, Haddad is someone who surprised me positively in almost every way), yet because I'm against free Squid I must be a reactionary bolsominion.

Edited by Nobody

But while Lula Livre is their biggest banner - with good reason - it's not like PT is the only party to support that cause, or that it is PT's only care.

while one may point at gleisi's direction and point out some ridiculous statement (and sometimes, with reason!), one can also point at Haddad and see that, being a former Minister himself, he also talks quite a lot about education, and devotes quite some time to talking about it - he was even part of that reunion with former MEC ministers that denouced this government's education mismanagement.

also, i believe that this might unite the opposition, if just momentarily. shit like lawfare should be a common concern.

12 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

also, i believe that this might unite the opposition, if just momentarily. shit like lawfare should be a common concern.

You believe Lula livre will unite the opposition?

Part of the opposition would personally stab Lula if they could lol

Opposing the education cuts unites the opposition. Going after Bolsonaro's ties with the militia unites the opposition. Opposing the disastrous environmental policy of bolsonaro unites the opposition. Opposing the human rights "policies" of the government unites the opposition. Hell, literally ANYTHING the Bolsonaro government does unites the oppostion. Free Squid doesn't. If anything it does literally the opposite. What interest someone who keeps getting sabotaged and defamed by PT such as Ciro or Marina who despise Bolsonaro and oppose almost all of his policies have to win joining Lula Livre? The best they can do is ignore it, maybe attack Moro and Dallagnol but not bring up Lula at all and focus on opposing his dumb policies. There's no way some very anti-Bolsonaro parties like Rede or PPS or anyone from PSB outside of the Northeast would join Lula Livre.

Lula Livre is a PT, PCdoB and Psol thing, the other half of the opposition (thankfully) couldn't care less, they know the country has actual problems to deal with.

Edited by Nobody

Not Lula Livre per se, but pointing out how a biased judicial system, here represented by one of the government's top ministers, can put the whole idea of democracy in check, yeah. That kind of topic is a big enough deal that it ought to generate consensus.

You are not wrong in saying things like education, environment, or bolso's familitia are topics that would unite the opposition, but I already saw some disagreements in regards to education (namely Tabata's - as well as others'- approach to it being criticized). Surely dunking on Vélez and Weintraub is fun an people appreciate that, but I don't see yet a common ground in regards to what measures to take etc.

While there is an obvious connection between Bolsonaro and Militias, I think there's more things to come that can unequivocally unite people. For example, I wouldn't expect people to gather around the topic of lawfare and act in unison before today, but now with this bombshell, they might.

All in all, I can say, with 100% certainty: Grande dia!

20 minutes ago, Яei Яei said:

Not Lula Livre per se, but pointing out how a biased judicial system, here represented by one of the government's top ministers, can put the whole idea of democracy in check, yeah.

The thing is, when this happened, he wasn't a minister. He being a minister and this are technically unrelated. He was "just" a judge. Everyone and their mothers know judges are demi gods who can do as they please here in Brazil. It's not anything new. People might not notice, but this actually might give Bolsonaro's narrative of "fuck the judiciary" more strength. Who would determine whether or not a judge is biased? Who would determine whether or not a judge (and Moro was a mere judge when this happened) is against a politician and is acting biased against them? The way to avoid this would be making jugdes (and ANY judge) less powerful. It'd take a overhal of the entire judicial system, it's not that simple at all, and Moro being a minister doesn't have much to do with the issue, the issue is a judge and a prosecutor (neither political roles) cospirating against the person being prosecuted. No one expected Bolsonaro to win even an year ago, and no other party (other than Alvaro Dias lol) would be insane enough to nominate Moro as a minister.

If the goal is to get Moro to resign, well, they might and should be succesful. If the goal is to get Lula clean from charges, that'd be harder, because he has already been convicted by two independent higher courts that had nothing to do with Dallagnol or Moro. If the goal is to point out judges have too much power (which they do, but I don't think now is the time to discuss it when Bolsonaro and its supporters attack the supreme court so fiercely), then it might accomplish it, but that is a dangerous play that would affect the separation of powers and strenghten the executive above all else, which I don't think is what anyone who's not a Bolsonaro supporter wants.

I'll repeat that trying to accomplish anything more than proving Moro and Dallagnol are biased and ending their political/legal career (and I hope this happens) is a dangerous move right now.

That said, this discussion made me legit interested in this subjected and I'd really like to know what could and should be done to avoid this issue, other, of course, than the Lula Livre delirious that would do nothing about anything other than this particular case.

Edited by Nobody

With the information we have, it wouldn't be hard to make the link between Moro's actions during Lula's trial and his nomination as Justice Minister, or even that he would be rewarded a place in the STF due to his unlawful action.

The main issue, as you said, is that all of this doesn't really matter in the eyes of the bolsominions. Either they would applaud Moro foi being this brave patriot, or they would have more reason to hate the judiciary system, like you said. While Bolsonaro's support seems to be fading fast, there is always this lingering fear that some radical wing of the government, or even the fanbase, might do ridiculous shit.

However it seems to me that we arrive at a crossroads, at least for a while: Moro's inconstitutional behavior is a clear hit at democracy, but pointing that out to the masses can lead to also anti-democractic discourses (not like they needed this anyway). 

I doubt this'll be the end of it.

"if that's what always sunny in philadelphia is like, now I know not to watch it lol" 

~ dsp on the always sunny guy announcing something at ubisofts e3

unfortunately I couldn't screencap in time

77a5f4b734f5b9f739ed588a7b8ea1f3.png

Edited by Tryhard

I did see quite a few that weren't impressed because it's not an rpg

Boris Johnson is considered the favourite for taking over and I want to give up

The fucking jokes of articles

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/06/10/boris-johnson-leader-can-address-voters-anger-repairing-trust/amp/

Edited by Tryhard

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

At what part?

fucking everything man

everything reminded me i didn't have a switch