The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

I've certainly posted a few unpopular opinions of mine in the past. Or at least, that I thought are unpopular.

I could mention one example, but you're currently playing through Awakening, so I won't say it yet.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you this. By quite a while, I mean "just about to fight final boss" while. It won't be hard to miss, though. Just... don't forget to use Spotpass.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Nope! I just look at recruitment guides for any oddball recruitments because if the game isn’t obvious I usually miss them.

And I’d rather not know, I just need the bare minimum.

I suppose that's a good point in regards to characters like her, joining up so late.

I could see it being workable to earlier points for some of them, but again, might not say much right now due to spoilers.

I only know they’re Emmeryn and Basilio, and I don’t even know what Basilio is up to right now that he can’t join. Emmeryn not being playable now lets us protect her this chapter though.

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I just learned that the character Gaius is an Asugi clone. No wonder people ship him with Tharja, they can be together in two games!

You mean Asugi is a Gaius clone. It's because of a popularity poll for FE13. Gaius, Cordelia, Tharja topped Gen 1; Severa, Inigo, and Owain Gen 2. Lucina was the top 2nd Gen female and Chrom the top 1st Gen male, but having them in FE14 would be slightly weird given their main character status in FE13, thats why I guess they didn't get brought over. Same poll got them thrown into a yukata/swimsuit artwork too.

I heard it said once in a TV documentary that IRL ninjas were forbidden from having smelly breath, because that'd ruin their stealth. This included no garlic or onions in their diet, or sweets. Which makes me think there was a modicum of effort put into choosing to reincarnate Gaius as a Ninja.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

No wonder people ship him with Tharja, they can be together in two games!

To comment on this, funny how they are their fastest pariing supports in Awakening.

Though then this is a retroactive recognition. Since chronologically, Fates takes place long before Awakening.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I heard it said once in a TV documentary that IRL ninjas were forbidden from having smelly breath, because that'd ruin their stealth. This included no garlic or onions in their diet, or sweets. Which makes me think there was a modicum of effort put into choosing to reincarnate Gaius as a Ninja.

More like Asugi reincarnates into Gaius. Fates took place first. For all it matters since the time gap is very large.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To comment on this, funny how they are their fastest pariing supports in Awakening.

Though then this is a retroactive recognition. Since chronologically, Fates takes place long before Awakening.

More like Asugi reincarnates into Gaius. Fates took place first. For all it matters since the time gap is very large.

How can Fates happen first when the Awakening trio travels into Fates? And I summon Lavos to consume "unifying" timelines that do not need to exist.

But it doesn't really matter. A nigh-infinite number of dimensions means that time is irrelevant. One or another in the nigh-infiinity will always be in Awakening time, and another in Fates time, whenever they are if they are on the same line.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

How can Fates happen first when the Awakening trio travels into Fates? And I summon Lavos to consume "unifying" timelines that do not need to exist.

But it doesn't really matter. A nigh-infinite number of dimensions means that time is irrelevant.

Anankos outright says the Awakening trio will travel through space and time to send them from Awakening's time to Fate's. Now, what tells us it is a travel to the past is that Chrom in the Before Awakening DLC speaks of Nohr and Hoshido as lands from ancient myth. Outright stating it's the distant past. Then Rhajat and Corrin have a convo, I think in their supports, about how when they both reincarnate, they'll meet again, a reference to meeting again as Robin and Tharja. In fact, Rhajat outright mentions a sandstorm, referencing the Plegian desert.

If you want some less decisive but still worth to point out evidence, Shadows of Valentia has the Cipher character, three who come from Nohr/Hoshido. If they were to travel through space only and not time, then it further states Nohr and Hoshido are contemporary to Valentia and Archanea, and taking place the two thousand years before Awakening.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh no.

Asugi is the Gaius clone. Do remember Awakening came first.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You mean Asugi is a Gaius clone.

Oops, yeah.

Depends on what you subscribe on the matters of reincarnation.

Technically, it'd just be the same soul. Now matter how much they look alike, they have different bodies. Memories seem to be not fully shared, since Rhajat looking at the Plegian desert is more a look into the future than a memory of the past. So... who knows, really.