Darros

The Last To Post Wins!

Then maybe someone in the Chrono Cross development crew was a fan. Or was the same person. Or there is something about barrels over there in Japan.

At the end of the day, ultimately, what only matters is...

26-arni94.jpg

Barrel

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So i just got back from the Konosuba movie and it was fantastic. It's basically Konosuba but with a movie budget which great, because more Konosuba is never a bad thing. Comparing it to the other anime movie i saw this year, Promare definitly is better in the animation department. However, Konosuba had the better characters and thus, was a better movie. The movie is canon btw. It adapts volume 5 of the LN so if you like Konosuba, this is absolutely a must watch. A season 3 will pick up where the movie left off.

Now that I posted that video, I got reminded... I miss the days when SRW would use the old UC Gundam OVAs series. I think the last time one of them appeared was 0083 Stardust Memories in Alpha 3... and even then, they were long post-script since their story was used up in Alpha 1 alone. GC/XO was kinda like their last hurrah. 08th Team and 0080 War in the Pocket appeared there and were plot relevant (was mitaken, Stardust Memories wasn't in GC/XO). Main games wise, ever since they started to put Gundam Unicorn they mostly stick with ZZ era and beyond (up to Crossbone, so no Victory) for script. Shows even Zeta has long been post-script since after Z1, despite still appearing often.

On the other hand, UC Gundam has really let themselves go when it comes to optional recruits. Like, Jerid (okay, he was actually playable in EX; but it's not quite the same situation here), Yazan, and Full Frontal in V? Glemmy and Mashymire in X (with the latter being recruitable once more in T)? I remember how D used to be the odd one with Neo Zeon (and Wing's OZ) among the good guys. Nowadays it's more often to have them as allies since Z3. What's next, one of the Zabis or the Zanscare in a future game? Well, if they ever become relevant again, anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Whew, PS4 came in. 

More furniture which takes space of my flat.

No seriously, I am really looking forward for CSIII. 

20 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Thanks^^

continues to go full chuuni

Yes, that's the way. Given in to the darkness inside... *evil laughter*

18 hours ago, Strullemia said:

Have you guys had your Nintendo switch game crash with the error "System software closed due to error" or something along those lines.

I've had it lately happen a bit more than before but I've also noticed before I got a switch by watching other people play that this console generation no matter the console tends to be pretty bad with crashes. Also don't know if this is the hardware because it has never happened with Nintendo games.

I had that happen to me with Fairy Fencer f on Switch once or twice. I suspect it's the soft- rather than hardware (I HOPE it's that), though, because every other game runs fine.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Barrel jokes have been a thing in Atelier since the very first game, Atelier Marie on the PS1.

I see, I see. Thank you!

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Then maybe someone in the Chrono Cross development crew was a fan. Or was the same person. Or there is something about barrels over there in Japan.

At the end of the day, ultimately, what only matters is...

26-arni94.jpg

Barrel

Bar~rel!

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

So i just got back from the Konosuba movie and it was fantastic. It's basically Konosuba but with a movie budget which great, because more Konosuba is never a bad thing. Comparing it to the other anime movie i saw this year, Promare definitly is better in the animation department. However, Konosuba had the better characters and thus, was a better movie. The movie is canon btw. It adapts volume 5 of the LN so if you like Konosuba, this is absolutely a must watch. A season 3 will pick up where the movie left off.

I liked Konosuba up until the point they set up a constant, non-conclusive "Will They Or Won't They?", "Lovers, but not REALLY" thing with the protagonist and the "Explosions only" mage on top of a love triangle with that masochistic girl.
These are the three things I hate the most in romance stories, which is why I stopped following Konosuba entirely. Thusly, I had no idea the thing was still going, nor that there was a movie.

1 minute ago, Lysithea said:

No seriously, I am really looking forward for CSIII.

Have fun!

Thanks, I guess I will have.  

Falcom games, especially Legend of Heroes, never disappointed me. 

Finally I can switch back to best Erebonian girl as avatar. 

Well, maybe Juna or Altina

Spoiler

Or Dandy Randy

can settle a word with her, who knows... 

Edited by Lysithea

17 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Last time that happened to me was when I was playing Bloodstained (a month before Three Houses was released).

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I had that happen to me with Fairy Fencer f on Switch once or twice. I suspect it's the soft- rather than hardware (I HOPE it's that), though, because every other game runs fine.

Have fun!

Thanks for the answers.

I've also had it happen a few times on Fairy Fencer F and other games that are known for them like ToV, Skyrim and Pillars Of Eternity but also with other games like Baldur's Gate and The Witcher 3. It's so odd because it happens with some and with others it doesn't. 

Well if it continues to happen I'll bring my switch to the store and see what they'll say. I still have that two year warranty till somewhere in 2020 June anyway.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I liked Konosuba up until the point they set up a constant, non-conclusive "Will They Or Won't They?", "Lovers, but not REALLY" thing with the protagonist and the "Explosions only" mage on top of a love triangle with that masochistic girl.
These are the three things I hate the most in romance stories, which is why I stopped following Konosuba entirely. Thusly, I had no idea the thing was still going, nor that there was a movie.

I heard about that development and it's why I don't really want to bother with Konosuba anymore.

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

When i think of Konosuba, romance is not something that comes to mind. At all. There can be nice moments between the cast but this is the same series where only of the main four is a sane person. Also Kazuma doesn't really harbor romantic feelings for anyone. He's just horny. Like, the first joke of the movie is Kazuma thinking about how he doesn't have a harem yet. Moments later, a girl walks up to him and tells him she wishes to have his child, to which Kazuma essentially reacts with

FamiliarAnotherFanworms-size_restricted.gif

Idk man, i feel like you interpreted it wrong because romance isn't really the point or a focus of the series. Even with the movie focusing on Kazuma and Megumin's relationship, i'd hardly call it romantic or anywhere near that. Konosuba is 100% a comedy.

Edited by Armagon

@Strullemia: Hope nothing bad is up with your Switch. Admittedly, Bloodstained had a lot of issues that ultimately made people think twice about buying it (not just the force-closing of the game).

Edited by Karimlan

7 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Fairy Fencer F

You played it, too? Nice!

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

When i think of Konosuba, romance is not something that comes to mind. At all. There can be nice moments between the cast but this is the same series where only of the main four is a sane person. Also Kazuma doesn't really harbor romantic feelings for anyone. He's just horny. Like, the first joke of the movie is Kazuma thinking about how he doesn't have a harem yet. Moments later, a girl walks up to him and tells him she wishes to have his child, to which Kazuma essentially reacts with

FamiliarAnotherFanworms-size_restricted.gif

Idk man, i feel like you interpreted it wrong because romance isn't really the point or a focus of the series. Even with the movie focusing on Kazuma and Megumin's relationship, i'd hardly call it romantic or anywhere near that.

Could be, I don't know.
I haven't seen the movie in question, so I can't really comment one way or another, but from what I've seen and read of the series, these things I was talking about were still there and still annoying enough, even if they weren't point or focus of the series.
It's like a delicious cake where one slice has really gross worms in it. You want to continue eating the cake, but you constantly think about the worms and how gross they are and it just ruins the entire experience.
What the hell am I even talking about anymore?

1 minute ago, Karimlan said:

@Strullemia: Hope nothing bad is up with your Switch. Admittedly, Bloodstained had a lot of issues that ultimately made people think twice about buying it (not just the force-closing of the game).

So do I. I've already done a non-factory reset once a while ago, deleted my cache and made sure to turn the switch off a few times. It doesn't happen constantly, more like every few days depending on the game but it happens more than it should. Here's hoping it stops on its own or that a future Switch update fixes it.

-------

Yeah I heard about that, the Switch version had a lot of issues and people had to wait for a patch.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You played it, too? Nice!

Yes but only the first route. I messed up in the first route and missed out on an item and because of that I couldn't access the third without doing the first run again which bummed me out.

1 minute ago, Strullemia said:

Yes but only the first route. I messed up in the first route and missed out on an item and because of that I couldn't access the third without doing the first run again which bummed me out.

That reminds me that I still have to play the third route.
So much to do, so little time.

In the next version of Return of the Jedi, C-3PO no longer tell stories about the Rebels to the Ewoks. Instead telling them about Ahsoka, Vader and and the Ghost crew. It only a matter of time before the original trilogy are rewritten to include the new characters.

Can't believe the re-edits are still happening 25+ years and counting. 

Edited by Jingle Jangle

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I haven't seen the movie in question, so I can't really comment one way or another, but from what I've seen and read of the series, these things I was talking about were still there and still annoying enough, even if they weren't point or focus of the series.
It's like a delicious cake where one slice has really gross worms in it. You want to continue eating the cake, but you constantly think about the worms and how gross they are and it just ruins the entire experience.

I feel like you're looking at it a bit too seriously when the series isn't. I agree that "will they or won't they" is annoying in other contexts but said contexts are the ones where the writing is trying to get me invested in a potential romance. Konosuba isn't trying to get me invested in a potential romance in the first place, so it's not really an issue for me.

You describe it as a delicious cake where one slice has really gross worms in it. I'd just describe it as a delicious cake. 

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In the next version of Return of the Jedi, C-3PO no longer tell stories about the Rebels to the Ewoks. Instead telling them about Ahsoka, Vader and and the Ghost crew. It only a matter of time before the original trilogy are rewritten to include the new characters.

Not gonna lie, Ashoka showing up in a mainline movie actually would be pretty cool. Even if they just CGI a cameo of her somewhere, i'd be fine with it.

I hope for a Warner Bros app coming out soon because I want to watch old Looney Tunes cartoons so badly. 

Idk if I will use that Disney app.

However I would love watching old Darkwing Duck or Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers cartoons again. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I feel like you're looking at it a bit too seriously when the series isn't. I agree that "will they or won't they" is annoying in other contexts but said contexts are the ones where the writing is trying to get me invested in a potential romance. Konosuba isn't trying to get me invested in a potential romance in the first place, so it's not really an issue for me.

You describe it as a delicious cake where one slice has really gross worms in it. I'd just describe it as a delicious cake.

You might be right and I just took it too seriously.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

7e2ccd6.jpg?width=866&height=500

We're in the Denial stage, eh? XD

47 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I hope for a Warner Bros app coming out soon because I want to watch old Looney Tunes cartoons so badly. 

Idk if I will use that Disney app.

However I would love watching old Darkwing Duck or Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers cartoons again. 

Nostalgia reaching critical amounts.

Edited by DragonFlames