Jump to content
Darros

The Last To Post Wins!

Recommended Posts

I'm still stuck in a Civilization VI fix. I finished a successful Religious Victory as Saladin (although I formally picked Sikhism as my religion) on Warlord on a lakes-only map. Saladin was picked so I could be certain of getting a Great Prophet, but I didn't that help it turned out.

I got lucky and Yerevan was the first city-state I encountered, its suzerainty made me able to churn a ton of Apostles with Debater, enabling them to 2HKO or even OHKO enemy Inquistors, and I made a few others with whatever negates foreign religion pressures when spreading your religion.

Yet again, I got stuck with Montezuma as an enemy, and yet again, he attacked me. A ginormous amount of Ancient-Medieval soldiers coming right at one city of mine, with a few more at a second city of mine one of his city-state allies controlled. I expected as much, and yet I needed reinforcements. Running Theocracy as my government let me purchase about a dozen of Arabia's Mamlukes for a mere 270 Faith each when my per-turn Faith generation was about 300 and I like 7000 in reserve. Strong, high move, and healing every turn? Mamlukes are awesome.

Pedro II declared war on me twice as well, but his first was countered with Mamlukes. And the second happened very late, while I had Missionaries and Apostles in his territory, their deaths could have cost me a lot of time. Yet, two turns into the second war, I converted the last city in China I needed to, and thus won my Religious Victory.

Montezuma's war had Holy War as its Casus Belli, and Philip II put a up a theological fight. But thats why I sent a squad six Apostles and two Gurus at him as my first order of business, Spain had to be cleansed of its chosen Confucianism, and I did precisely that, making absolutely sure no Inquisitors remained to undo my hard work. But Spain never declared a formal war on me, and Pedro didn't use Holy War as a Casus Belli, both were surprise attacks. Alexander yet again remained utterly peaceful, and Victoria, TR, and Qin Shi Huang never complained of my religious activities either.

 

Last to come is a Domination Victory. I tried doing one on a fractal map, but that was too easy so I gave up before even attacking Harold Hadrada and his lone weak city. I feel I'm going to have to pick who I'm up against and not leave it to randomization. Even though they're only pixels, it'd feel wrong to attack some of the characters, could I really bring myself to fight Victoria or TR well yes, hello late 1800s racism! or John Curtin or Gandhi?

Domination sounds like it could be fun, but at the same time, this game with its peaceful options for victory makes me question if Domination is truly the right course of action for my virtual humanity to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Armagon said:

What could've been.

Ugh, I really wanted long hair Mercedes! Marianne too! I think short hair Lysithea or Edelgard would've been neat too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Armagon said:

When you find out Vestaria Saga has ambush spawns

ezgif-3-b0e22bab9804.gif

Ayup. I was looking through the reviews and saw ''ambush spawns''

Me: Let's wait for sale.

 

On other notes, the amount of Paralogues for BL wew. So many paralogues. Alteast i get some really good stuff from them.

And i am pretty sure Felix had a 50% Crit chance today and not a 10% chance. He critted on every follow up attack. Every single last one of them.
...
Tbf though, so many low hit attacks connected in general. By me and enemy xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ran out about stuff to say about Cyber Sleuth? XD

I still want to play those...

I didn't exactly run out of stuff to say. I could go on about the good things for hours on end, because there's a lot to say.
I just felt the need to vent some frustrations, is all, but then my brain was like "wtf are you doing, man?", hence the follow-up post. XD

Also, I apologize for going into full on spoiler territory with my post. I figured I could rant freely since nobody is exactly interested in the games, anyway.

But if you want to play them, go right ahead! They're still great games, despite the story in the second game being... well, not great, especially when compared to the first. Still better than any Pokémon game in recent memory.
And even with all the bad stuff, Hacker's Memory still has its good points, which makes the bad stand out so much more, sadly.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

YOU CAN DO IT
COME ON
YOU GOT THIS

+5 MOV

And we all know mov means victory xD

Ah, yes. Good old Stride.
My favorite gambit in the game, because I finally have an excuse NOT to use mounted units. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I didn't exactly run out of stuff to say. I could go on about the good things for hours on end, because there's a lot to say.
I just felt the need to vent some frustrations, is all, but then my brain was like "wtf are you doing, man?", hence the follow-up post. XD

Also, I apologize for going into full on spoiler territory with my post. I figured I could rant freely since nobody is exactly interested in the games, anyway.

But if you want to play them, go right ahead! They're still great games, despite the story in the second game being... well, not great, especially when compared to the first. Still better than any Pokémon game in recent memory.
And even with all the bad stuff, Hacker's Memory still has its good points, which makes the bad stand out so much more, sadly.

Bah, don't worry about spoiling me! That's what makes me want to play them more!

Anyway, I'm currently in mind to get Survive first, once it gets released. Though afterwards, perhaps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Bah, don't worry about spoiling me! That's what makes me want to play them more!

Anyway, I'm currently in mind to get Survive first, once it gets released. Though afterwards, perhaps...

Oh good! That's a relief.

I'm rather optimistic when it comes to Survive, actually. Very much looking forward to that game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, yes. Good old Stride.
My favorite gambit in the game, because I finally have an excuse NOT to use mounted units. XD

The main reason i love that one so much is that i can player phase engage the enemy right from the start, and not waste a few turns waiting and baiting. Increases the game Pace by alot.

Also, ponies are freaking pitiful in that game xD

It wouldn't have been that bad, if Wyvern's didn't have such a high speed as well. Seriously, Wyverns should've been as slow as ponies. Spd should've been Falco's thing.

 

Also, after Effie/conquest i though IS understood how they can make armor knights useful, but wow are they usesless. + 10 def won't help me when everyone is running around with 50+Atk and the -6 Spd ensures they double, thus ded <.<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ayup. I was looking through the reviews and saw ''ambush spawns''

I will say it wasn't as bad i expected it to be. My previous post was more reactionary. The ambush spawns have only been on one chapter and it was one of the easiest defense chapters i've ever played.

Vestaria lets you save every five turns which is a great middle ground between the exploitable Turnwheel and FE4 saves and the restrictive mid-chapter saves of the DS games. Though Vestaria also has 99 save slots so it still leans to the more exploitable side.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess I have to replay FE5 all over again... 

Apparently there are more Mareeta and Ronan fans in the forum than I thought.

I mean this playthrough's purpose was to include all recruitments, so I should also keep my word and take the consequences.

Kinda bad that I have to go back to work next week, so my free time for playing and updating will be heavily restricted (technically only on weekends).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, yes. Good old Stride.

My favorite gambit in the game, because I finally have an excuse NOT to use mounted units. XD

You don't need to use Stride for that. It's almost crazy to say this about a FE game but horse units (except for BK) are really bad in 3H.

Edited by Strullemia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm yes. Good XS3 Shion art. Legends say it's the rarest thing in the universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

You don't need to use Stride for that. It's almost crazy to say this about a FE game but mounted units are really bad in 3H.

How so? My thoughts:

 

High-tier Hussars:

  • Wyvern Riders/Lords are undisputed top-tier. Strong, durable, fast mobile, they can salvage almost anyone physical.
  • Bow Knights the best arrow shooters around, although more restrictions/Maddening should make Snipers relatively competitive due to the increased difficulty of doubling and decreased accuracy from afar.

 

Mid-tier Mounties:

  • Cavaliers aren't great, they're balanced.
  • Paladin is fine if slightly underpowered, the negative Spd modifier isn't too harsh and serves to balance them in some way.
  • Dark Knight is rather balanced against Dark Bishop and Warlock. Fewer spell uses is a fine tradeoff, since you'll actually make it to the combat zone much more often. Turtling/playing it slowly does mitigate this advantage- it's a matter of playstyle.

 

Meh-tier Mamlukes

  • Great Knight is bad b/c slow, but thats what it gets for being armor-related, not so much because it has a horse.
  • Holy Knight is bad, because White Tomefaire is junk and they kept increased healing/White Magic uses away from it to keep Bishop worth using. 
  • Pegasus and Falcoknights are bad, Darting Blow aside, because Wyverns lost any notion of Speed weakness. 

 

At the end of each of my three Hard Classic playthroughs, my armies were ideally mostly mounted units. Wyverns, Bow Knights, Edel went Wyvern, Dimitri Paladin, Claude had his personal class, and of course there was Death Knight. The only people who weren't mounties were my magic users, a token War Master, and Byleth who had very poor proficiencies and stuck to being an Enlightened One. And, my mages felt the brunt of not having steeds as they often seemed to be left behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Star Wars, I saw Rogue Squadron on Steam. 

I had so many great memories with the game on the N64 (completed all missions with platinum medal).

Though I have heared the PC has to fulfill certain requirements since it is an already more than two decades old game which might not run without certain programs anymore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

The main reason i love that one so much is that i can player phase engage the enemy right from the start, and not waste a few turns waiting and baiting. Increases the game Pace by alot.

Enemy Soldier 1: "Hey, guys. Look at that Mage. She could kill us, but... *snort* 4 Move!"
Enemy Soldier 2: "Bwahahahahaha! See you in too many turns, you slow scrub!"
Enemy Soldier 3: "Um... guys, I think you might want to double check that..."
Enemy Soldier 1: "Double check what?"
Mage: "Hello there!"
Enemy Soldiers 1, 2 & 3: "Damn you, Striiiiiiide!!!" *ded*

12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, ponies are freaking pitiful in that game xD

The only good Paladin I used in Three Houses was Dimitri during my first playthrough... until he got his personal class, that is. At which point I ditched the horse.
Everyone else (Lorenz, Ferdinand, Sylvain, Leonie) was always better off as something else entirely, so I'm inclined to agree.

12 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, after Effie/conquest i though IS understood how they can make armor knights useful, but wow are they usesless. + 10 def won't help me when everyone is running around with 50+Atk and the -6 Spd ensures they double, thus ded <.<

You say that, but Dedue's ridiculous tankiness as a Fortress Knight saved my butt in my first Blue Lions run more times than I want to admit. XD

4 hours ago, Strullemia said:

You don't need to use Stride for that. It's almost crazy to say this about a FE game but mounted units are really bad in 3H.

Cavalier, Paladin, Great Knight, Dark Knight and Holy Knight are bad (read: I couldn't get much use out of them that would justify me going into those classes again).
Meanwhile, Bow Knights are busted due to their ridiculous range, Wyverns are OP, Falcon Knights are still great.

Edited by DragonFlames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How so? My thoughts:

 

High-tier Hussars:

  • Wyvern Riders/Lords are undisputed top-tier. Strong, durable, fast mobile, they can salvage almost anyone physical.
  • Bow Knights the best arrow shooters around, although more restrictions/Maddening should make Snipers relatively competitive due to the increased difficulty of doubling and decreased accuracy from afar.

 

Mid-tier Mounties:

  • Cavaliers aren't great, they're balanced.
  • Paladin is fine if slightly underpowered, the negative Spd modifier isn't too harsh and serves to balance them in some way.
  • Dark Knight is rather balanced against Dark Bishop and Warlock. Fewer spell uses is a fine tradeoff, since you'll actually make it to the combat zone much more often. Turtling/playing it slowly does mitigate this advantage- it's a matter of playstyle.

 

Meh-tier Mamlukes

  • Great Knight is bad b/c slow, but thats what it gets for being armor-related, not so much because it has a horse.
  • Holy Knight is bad, because White Tomefaire is junk and they kept increased healing/White Magic uses away from it to keep Bishop worth using. 
  • Pegasus and Falcoknights are bad, Darting Blow aside, because Wyverns lost any notion of Speed weakness. 

 

At the end of each of my three Hard Classic playthroughs, my armies were ideally mostly mounted units. Wyverns, Bow Knights, Edel went Wyvern, Dimitri Paladin, Claude had his personal class, and of course there was Death Knight. The only people who weren't mounties were my magic users, a token War Master, and Byleth who had very poor proficiencies and stuck to being an Enlightened One. And, my mages felt the brunt of not having steeds as they often seemed to be left behind.

Whoops, I meant to say ponies instead of mounted.

- Cavaliers, Paladins and Dark Knights are fine but even they get nerfed in a lot of maps whereas fliers don't have an issue in those maps. (Think about the Lava maps or the exclusive Crimson Flower map) and from those three classes Dark Knight is the only master class.

- Holy Knight is bad because you're putting in a lot of riding and Lance rank in order to promote to a class that doesn't heal as well as the bishop class. (but you already mentioned this).

- Bow Knights are still really good that's true.

But all of those classes pale in comparison to the god class that is the Wyvern Class. So yeah your ranking is correct.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Practicing KH to get ready for the DLC, I'm super excited for more opportunities to play as Aqua, of course. So I've been playing 0.2 and 3 fighting the Dark Inferno to get my reflexes against super bosses better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Fortress Knight

Them having 4 Mov without any ranged attacks means i will never use them. It's already a pain  to use 4 Mov Mages, but they atleast have ranged attacks up to 4 Range. Or even 5 sometimes.

Fortress Knight would only be able to use Hand Axes and Javelins. 2 Range max + 4 Mov Advanced class = nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not exactly Old Republic but i'll take it gladly.

Can't wait to see Yoda's midlife crisis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not exactly Old Republic but i'll take it gladly.

Can't wait to see Yoda's midlife crisis.

So after making sequels to the originals, now they're making prequels to the prequels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edelgard: Get's 24 x 2'd by DK

Dimitri: 30 x 2's DK

Yeah, effective weapon, but still....

6 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

So after making sequels to the originals, now they're making prequels to the prequels?

prequelception

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredibly inconsequential complaint:

8Bitdo's M30 "Sega-like" controller has the ability to use the D-Pad as the equivalent to the D-Pad, left stick, or right stick on a normal controller.

Their SN30 SNES controller does not. For some reason.

It's an older product, but surely this could be rectified via a firmware update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...