Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing Legault's Tale isn't finished, because I killed that douchebag, and the chapter is still running.

um

mine finished just fine

Are you using the newest patch?

(Also, dumb question, but what do I need to do to unlock Zealot's/Karel's Tale?)

Edit: The sound test doesn't work. :(

Edited by shinpichu

Is this supposed to be happening?

w2N3Nke.png

hRfEVWs.png

What a badass bandit.

This isn't happening with any other bandit, at least for now. His stats are nothing out of the ordinary.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Is this supposed to be happening?

w2N3Nke.png

hRfEVWs.png

I genuinely have no idea. Fuck my life.

Also, "is this supposed to be happening?" Does it look like that's something that oughta happen? Jesus.

Edited by The Second Archsage

In the sound room I'm pretty positive that the names for song 50 and 51 are the wrong way round. Song 50 should be 'off to war' and song 51 should be 'when the rush comes'.

The southern village in Zealot's tale doesn't close after you visit it.

This bit of text doesn't make sense, it should be something like "If you ever feel like you are lost...come to me."

what do I need to do to unlock Zealot's/Karel's Tale?

@shinpichu, I think you just need to unlock every tale before tale 6, I had just unlocked 4x and karel and zealot randomly appeared with louise on the tale select.

Edited by KoopaTroopa

Tale Select:

• Clear the first three tales: Unlock Pent and Raven's.
  • Clear Pent and Raven's: Unlock Karel and Zealot's.
  • Clear Karel and Zealot's: Unlock Legault's.
At least that's how it oughta work. But you can never fucking know these days, I guess.

In the sound room I'm pretty positive that the names for song 50 and 51 are the wrong way round. Song 50 should be 'off to war' and song 51 should be 'when the rush comes'.

The southern village in Zealot's tale doesn't close after you visit it.

This bit of text doesn't make sense, it should be something like "If you ever feel like you are lost...come to me."

1. Nope. The songs are correctly named. Off to War is from FE3/12, When the Rush Comes is a native FE7 song and it's always been called that.

2. Duly noted.

3. Yes, I forgot the "you." Thanks for catching that.

In Karel's tale every time I get to the fight with the giant, the game restarts or crashes every time my player phase starts.

Guess I'll have to look into it. As if I needed more shit to be senselessly breaking...

I'm guessing Legault's Tale isn't finished, because I killed that douchebag, and the chapter is still running.

And now it gets even more bizarre, because we've got people reporting different results from the same patch. When I played through Tale 1, there was no invincible bandit either. What emulator are you using?

tl;dr, FUCK HACKING DSFJDSFLDSHFLJDSHKLF

Edited by The Second Archsage

Tale Select:

Well, I have Legault's but not Karel and Zealot's.

Should mention that I was using a save file from the previous demo release, that had cleared every tale, but for some reason I lost access to Douglas' tale after using the save on the new patch.

The invincible bandit was on the save you posted a couple of pages back. I'll try playing the tale again to see if it happens again.

And it's happening again.

sJyehrM.png

I'm using VBA Link 1.8.0

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

If different versions of the same emulator are throwing issues, then there's something *really* fucked up with this hack abusing faulty emulation :( (we already know some of the tools this community uses makes the hacks unplayable on actual hardware)

What emulators were used whilst creating this project? no$GBA is the most accurate, so hopefully that...

Edited by Celice

New patch. The bad news is, you'll likely have to replay the tales in order to fix the issue with tales unlocking.

A lot of these glitches are actually things I wrote in for testing purposes. My bad, guys. Everything else is just stuff that sorta slipped through the cracks. The new patch should have mostly everything that's been mentioned addressed (except the houses in 5-2, I'm gonna write those later). In terms of the more in-depth commentary (which I highly encourage you to share), I'll be reading and incorporating feedback as I go through the final touchup process.

Turns out, I was not using the latest patch. I downloaded this one and a few updates were posted later which I missed.

Off v6beta7

PWm3aIy.png

[spoiler=for length]

I don't think that's right, though Lyn is a bit vague and possibly inconsistent on this. She might be the last of the Lorca, but she's not the sole survivor of the attack.

Lyn:
My mother and my father... died six months ago. My people—the Lorca—they don’t... I’m the last of my tribe. Bandits attacked, and... they killed so many people. The tribe was shattered. My father was our chieftain, and I tried to protect our people. But I’m so young, and our people were old-fashioned. They wouldn’t follow a woman. No one would follow me. Sniff... I’m sorry. I’ve been alone for so long... No. No more. I will shed no more tears. ... ... ... ...

Lyn
Taliver Mountain is home to a gang of vicious, ruthless bandits. No marquess holds power here. My village was near here, on the other side of the mountain. My people were... The Taliver bandits came at night. It took only one night. The survivors numbered less than ten, including me.

Rider:
The Lorca? There were survivors?
Lyn:
Yes.

pzpX8bA.png

Kent and Hervor's map sprites are loaded, Gaufrid's is not. No portraits loaded. Kent' tale worked fine the first time. (I played Lyn's tale, fulfilled the requirements for both 2xa and 2xb unless Orasad killing Khitan doesn't count as fighting him, played 2xb fine, played Eliwood's tale, then said yes to continue, but obviously got sent back to tale select. This glitch happened both before and after playing through Merlinus's tale.

How do supports work in this game (esp when they aren't even)?

Edited by deranger

Oh yeah about Legault's Tale. Montressor tells the guards to keep watch on his Wife and to kill her if she ever leaves the room. After this moment she is never mentioned (or seen) again. Does this have something to do with the tale not being fully finished or just an oversight?

Edited by Ryan7556

Whoo, first post but long-time lurker. Great hack!

Just a few comments on the beta:

-I'm also getting the two glitches at the end of Pent's chapter. In the first, after the scene with Renault's death concludes, Pent and Louise turn into glitch squares, the game freezes and the sound flips out, like so:

3EdSzmW.png

-The second occurs of I skip the end scene and choose to continue to the next tale. I get this bit of dialogue on a black screen from Pent:

ugfoELO.png

-I got some kind of weird glitch on Zealot's Tale where I was stalling before the first village so I could have a flyer go and fetch Niime. I got a cutscene that suggested I'd fought Sykes when I hadn't yet. Then, after the cutscene, I DID fight and kill Sykes and I got what I assume is his defeat quote once he's joined you (this was my first time playing the scenario). All a bit odd.

-This is a random little plot thing, but given that Roy either has been or is about to be born in Merlinus's tale, shouldn't there be some sort of reference to Rebecca having or being pregnant with Wolt? I suppose the plot point might look vaguely recycled but the two were milkbrothers which means they should be born very close to each other and it seems odd that it'd go totally unmentioned; Rebecca and Lowen don't even have a convo in the chapter.

If you recall, Ninian is only a few weeks pregnant at most, so the same would apply to Rebecca most likely. And since Ninian is a dragon and more frail/sensitive in human form, morning sickness would register with her much sooner than rebecca. I think it's fine how it is

Tale Select:

Yeah about that...Legault was unlocked for me before I even unlocked Karel's or Zealot's. And before I beat Pent's. That's a thing that happens.

Yeah about that...Legault was unlocked for me before I even unlocked Karel's or Zealot's. And before I beat Pent's. That's a thing that happens.

Everything I know is a lie.