Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[spoiler=Hmm...]That's one of the earliest Elibean Nights releases isn't it? I only found EN around v5 (via an old v4 patch included in a collection floating around the web), but this seems a definite step backwards in so many areas. Hah, knew it had to be an April Fool!

[spoiler=Hmm...]That's one of the earliest Elibean Nights releases isn't it? I only found EN around v5 (via an old v4 patch included in a collection floating around the web), but this seems a definite step backwards in so many areas. Hah, knew it had to be an April Fool!

Its literally the first published release, iirc/my file labeling was correct.

Anyways, life goes on.

The impact of this is kind of lessened giving that

I remember reading a post from you a few pages back saying that Elib(i/e)an Nights is on hold due to laptop-related issues. Still, good one.

I remember reading a post from you a few pages back saying that Elib(i/e)an Nights is on hold due to laptop-related issues. Still, good one.

I've been working with a temp laptop though. Thank goodness for Dropbox!

[spoiler=I remember that as well...]

But I actually have no complaints about the prank. It's a chance to see just how far Elibean Nights has come by looking back at its roots. I actually prefer it to the Advance Wars stuff creeping into the FE IVa prank hack. Don't get me wrong; I liked that particular prank, but there's not much reason to take a second look. This on the other hand I'm actually going to try playing to its finish for curiosity's sake.

So question, in the Final Final release, are all the tales going to be unlocked from the start, or do you have to play them in order, or some cross in between.

If its the second, will you be able pick pairings before hand or do you have to initially pair Eli with Ninian until you unlock tale select.(and by extension matchmaker)

Also, if Gaidens like Kent's tale must be unlocked, there needs to be a way to obtain Kent's tale without pairing Lyn with him, maybe having Eli or Hector subbing for Kent in Lyn's tale if paired with her or something

• 2 weeks later...

Prehaps it's just me, but I seem to be having trouble with...well, just about every stage of this.

Pent's Tale doesn't seem to work correctly for me. Talking with Louise on turn one causes the stage to end, but any turn after that it works fine. However, arriving at the exit doesn't trigger anything, and so there's no way to end the stage properly and continue on to Part 2.

Can't trigger Kent's Tale. I completed the talk chain between Lyn/Sain/Kent, and had Lyn kill Khitan, but it triggered Rath's Tale instead.

Karel's Tale never continues after beating or losing to the swordmaster boss (whose name slips my mind). It either goes to a game over, or it just sits there, doing player turn forever.

Also, there's a generic Wyvern Lord weilding a Short Spear in Karel's tale who has no battle animation.

Maybe I'm patching it wrong...?

Prehaps it's just me, but I seem to be having trouble with...well, just about every stage of this.

Pent's Tale doesn't seem to work correctly for me. Talking with Louise on turn one causes the stage to end, but any turn after that it works fine. However, arriving at the exit doesn't trigger anything, and so there's no way to end the stage properly and continue on to Part 2.

It's the space that Pent is on that does that.

He starts on the exit. Haha.

I do wish people would check the most recent pages more often. At the time the version you are playing was released, several people playtested and reported said bugs. They have been acknowledged and in some cases, have already been fixed in unreleased versions.

EDIT: This is in response to Eldritch Abomination, but for some reason, I can't quote him. I blame Internet Explorer. Good thing I don't normally use it.

Edited by reallylongname

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not the update everyone was hoping for (I promise that a finalized patch will come out of nowhere sometime soon).

But man, I had a great time doing this interview with Ghast; his monthly hacker's digest was awesome, and I highly recommend everyone give it a watch. Really great opportunity to clarify the pronunciation of "Elibean," hopefully I said other things too that people find "enlightening." That was Ghast's description, but my mantra basically is: take what's useful to you, leave the rest. If one person finds something of value, then it was worthwhile.

Edited by Arch

I'm pretty sure you know this already, but for the Electric Boogaloo patch:

1. In Karel's tale, if you beat the first map, the game will glitch when you get to the second map, causing the game to freeze.

2. In Louise's tale, once you beat it, the cutscene with Douglas, Pent, and Cedric loops. A lot.

• 3 weeks later...

CjJ8G9t.png

Just so people know work is still happening. Bows get a second Iron/Steel/Silver series since Lances/Axes got them, courtesy of BwdYeti (he named them, I did not). Starsphere actually looks like Starsphere now, thanks to Lord Glenn. He also did the Rusty Coin icon, which is replacing the unusable Ragnell found in Pent's Tale.

hPJWqkC.png

SECOND UPDATE: More icons from Lord Glenn. Most of the icons you see in EN are made by him, and he has generously chosen to release them all for public usage on FEU.

Edited by Arch

Arch, about the name of the hack: when converting a national proper noun into adjective form, the vowel on the end is not necessarily consistent. In other words, I think "Elibian Nights" could be a proper name after all? Unless if I'm wrong or someone in-canon has spelled it this way.

In which case, does the title art reflect the changed name? I haven't played any recent patches because I'm waiting on Igrene's tale.

There's a support between I believe Kent and Fiora that specifically spells it "Elibean" which prompted the name change.

It's Kent and Farina, not Fiora, but yes. Here's the exact quote:

"Just answer the question... What month? No wait! Let me guess... You were born... Got it! I bet...according to the standard Elibean calendar, you were born in the month of the pegasus! Am I right?" (B-rank Kent-Farina support convo)

ZlFZTS6.png

Finally decided to go through with this after seeing Alusq doing it in his new hack. Every ally gets a one-time battle quote the first time they enter combat, akin to the generic ones bosses get.

#ArchStopAddingFlavorThings #JustFuckingFinishAlready

Edited by Arch

Can't wait for this anymore.

Can I private beta test this with the new features. #Iwanttobutdon'tdeservetoo #ScrewitI'maskinganyway

Seriously tho, this hack is amazing, and I'm more hyped for it than FEif. Elibe is my favorite FE world, and Lyn is my favorite FE character, so seeing Elibe get so much love, and Lyn appearing in 5 tales thru MM shenanigans, I highly apporve of

That's really saying something about my hype fyi

Just how many times have I complimented on this hack now, I should stop shouldn't I