Dat SRW W draft

Excellen Browning

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, here I go.

Stage 1 - 2/2 Turns

A pretty easy stage, Strike + Fighting Spirit on Bless leads to everything dying on the enemy phase, Kazuma gets some kills as well.

Stage 2 - 5/7 Turns

Too long if you ask me at the start. When my units came around it went by pretty quickly.

Stage 3 - 5/12 Turns

It's a good thing that the Nadesico units are forced to be outside of the battleship for this one otherwise it would have taken much longer.

Stage 4 - 5/17 Turns

Yet another five turn clear, at least Blessfield and Kazuma have a field day at killing grunts at this point in the game. I also managed to get 7 of the 10 kills Yumi needs to get her upgrade so that she can move out of the Birdman if I feel like it.

Edited by FEAnon

Stage 2 - 5/7 turns

by the way I got some EN upgrades for the valstork and some EN and weapons upgrades on blade.

Note on stage 3:

Nadesico isn´t actually listed as a battleship unit this stage and so no unit can go into it. All the Aesties on the map as well as the moebius zero can be placed on the Valstork however (the other battleship you get), therefore the game doesn't force you to use them, and using them means penalties. Cheers.

Yeah, I realized that much when Bless showed up and I could place them inside of the ship.

Stage 5 - 9/26 Turns

Easy at the start, gets annoying when the last condition kicks in.

Got Valstork/Valhawk to 9 EN and 5 Weapon Upgrades, Sandrock is still at base.

Chap 1: I have the Valhawk cast Focus as he deals with the first five enemies. At that point, a bunch of reinforcements show up. After a few of them suicide against Valhawk, out of nowhere comes ‘Last Impression’. Cue asskicking. This wound up being a Valhawk solo quite by accident – I’d meant to have Duo get some experience, but it seems that’ll have to wait a while. 3 turns.

I go ahead and upgrade Valhawk and Deathscythe Hell’s mobility a bit.

Stage 6 - 8/34 Turns

Blessfield and Kazuma go to town on the generics and I try to keep Guy and D-Boy out of the way

Stage 7 - 3/37 Turns

Threw everyone into the Nadesico and let the game do the rest for me. Letting those Jovians weaken the kill target made things must easier for me.

Stage 8 - 8/44 Turns

Gah, Mic at base is a pain to use, at least that S Rank Water part came in handy.

Stage 9B - 8/52 Turns

Eww, Gauron and his ECS spamming, caused me to lose a lot of energy for my units not to mention that it had triggered on Kazuma's killing blow one time.

I'm not looking forward to doing Stage 10 without taking a penalty to get an extra person with Strike to kill Evil.

Stage 10 - 8/60 Turns

Stage 11A - 8/68 Turns

Stage 12 - 3/71 Turns

Stage 13 - 4/75 Turns

Stage 14 - 8/83 Turns

Stage 15 - 4/88 Turns

Stage 16 - 11/99 Turns

Stage 17 - 6/105 Turns

Stage 18 - 6/111 Turns

Stage 19 - 12/123 Turns

Just didn't know if the rules applied or not because of it being a battleship instead of a normal unit.

If there's something I'm unclear about, I ask.

Will resume the playthrough later today, have been distracted by several other things.

So this game having 36 save slots has made me pick up the habit of saving after every mission.

mission 1: 2/2

mission 2: 5/7

mission 3: 6/13

mission 4: 5/18

mission 5:9/27

mission 6: 8/35

mission 7: 3/38

mission 8: 6/44

mission 9: 8/52 - went to the nadesico stage.

The upgrades have all been split between my mechs and I've been focusing on weapons, EN and mobility. None really getting preferential treatment right now.

Stage 20 - 8/131 Turns

Stage 21 - 9/140 Turns

Stage 22 - 6/146 Turns

Stage 23 - 6/152 Turns

Stage 24 - 9/161 Turns

I really don't know what to do with my money right now, since all of my main attackers have 10 upgrades in EN and 5 in weapons. I might as well top off Kaiser and Great's EN to 15 Bars so I don't have to rechoose them as my favorites in Part 2.

Chap 2: Blue Earth solo for the first part. 'Reason' is kickass. Spam focus, send Blade outta the way, reinforcements show up just as BE runs out of ammo and is near-dead. 7 turns.

Chap 3: Nadesico and Gai, and then Izumi. I have Nadesico primarily stick with missiles to soften up enemies for Izumi and Gai. 7 turns.

Stage 25 - 8/169 Turns

Stage 26 - 6/175 Turns

Stage 27 - 6/181 Turns

This marks the end of Part One for my draft run.

Overall my top ace was Blessfield with 140 Kills followed by Kazuma with 65 kills and Yurika with 60 kills.

Valstork and Valhawk carried my team during early game, Mazinkaiser and Great Mazinger handled the middle segments and then everyone except for probably Soltekkaman 2 had some sort of major contribution come the last few sections of Part 1.

End of part 1 update.

mission 10: 8/64

mission 11: 9/73

mission 12: 4/77

mission 13: 3/80

mission 14: 11/91

mission 15: 8/99

mission 16: 11/110

mission 17: 8/118

mission 18: 8/126

mission 19: 18/144

mission 20: 7/151

mission 21: 10/161

mission 22: 9/170

mission 23: 7/177

mission 24: 10/187

mission 25: 10/197

mission 26: 8/205 - fuck this mission but thank god my entire team is reals so and no enemy had more than 0% hit on them.

mission 27: 3/208

Note on mission 27: the only way I ended up making the chapter beatable (a FU HP, EN and weapons Nadesico with the right parts might be able to solo most of it, but my Nadesico is not FUB) was deploying a bunch of randoms along my draft units to take the "lol forced random retreat" thing at the start of the turn. Does this count as using an undrafted unit? I'm kind of divided on the issue, but if you guys say it is I will take the turn penalties.

As for mechs and upgrades etc:

Favourites were Endless Waltz, Tekkaman and Originals

Valstork - named Karstark

5 EN - 5 mob - 4 weapons

177 kills. First place in kill counts, has almost twice as much as no. 2. I ended up getting away with no HP/armor upgrades due to the stupid amount of HP restoring spirits you get, along with guard and wall. Also has early accel! Parts was usually a fuel tank for EN refilling. The weapons were strong enough to shoot the real grunts, usually. Overall the most OP earlygame unit and quite alright later on.

Wing Zero

15 EN - 9 mob - 15 weapons

105 kills. Ranked second. My part 1 overall strategy was to upgrade the Tallgeese and Wing Zero as much as was possible and useful because i wouldn't be favouriting their series for part 2. I got the EN cost reduction for the weapons FUB, by the way, seeing how I always ended up spamming the buster cannon. The MAP attacks were also very useful, because I generally had a near 100 hit rate against enemies, but below 20 rates on friendlies who weren't a battleship. The parts I used on it were the biggest +EN part and the fuel tank.

Tekkaman Blade

3 EN - 5 mob - 5 weapons

99 kills. Things that annoy me about blade were the EN dependency for his ranged attacks (esp cause I ran with such little EN) and the 1-3 range on his only post move attack. Admittedly he joined a couple of missions before the Zero, but being able to keep up with this little upgrades is definitely good. Ran with EN cost reduction part and an apogee

Valhawk - Named Valstark

88 kills. Having only 5 mobility upgrades meant it was usually facing ~30% hit rates, but a hyper sensor and apogee motor, along with some BP investment into evasion reduced this to 10% at best. The weapons on it are kinda poor in my opinion, lacking long range in fighter mode and being too EN and ammo dependent for my tastes. It ultimately was a pretty decent unit though I don't think giving it a lot more EN and weapon upgrades would see it performing a lot better than it did.

Nadesico

5 EN

65 kills. Only reason it got that many is because I had to solo missions with it, rarely used it if I could avoid it. Having no hp restoring spirits is just bad for a battleship. The EN consumption is also through the roof. While it's true the barrier reduces damage, it's still a matter of fact the nadesico can take ~3000 damage if hit by a boss and a good deal of grunts are still capable of dealing into the 2000 range damage to it. It's just sad, really. It had the best armor parts running at all times.

Volfogg

5 EN - 6 mob - 4 weapons

Ties with the nadesico at 65 kills. I believe it's the second? not-original that joins me and I have to say that despite the low kill count it dit alright throughout. It's a very cheap mech to make powerful. It has no long range options though, and I do not believe it's second pick material for now, but we'll see what part 2 brings. It had the +1 range part.

Tallgeese

15 EN - 9 mob - 15 weapons

44 kills. Quite good givien how late it joins. It also spent the first 3 or so missions being mediocre due to having little to no upgrades. Basically a WIng Zero without the MAP attacks.

Boss Borot:

7 kills. Did you think I'd upgrade it? It's a repair/resupply slave

Soltekkaman 1/Moebius Zero:

Thanks for being there when I needed you <3