Perspective of the Game's Opening Movie

Onestep

Is it just me or is the perspective of the scene where Chrom and Liz wake the Avatar up kind of screwed up?

The Avatar is supposed to be lying down, but Liz looks like her head is two feet above you and Chrom literally rams his hand not two inches from your face. Not to mention that shot at the end. The Avatar would have to be a foot to two feet shorter than Chrom and right against his chest for that angle to work at all.

I'm not really critising it. Just wondering if I'm going blind or my spatial vision is shot.

You're not seeing things (well, you are, but you know what I mean ^.^). Everything you see is about half a meter closer as the first person perspective should be I think.

That being said, it doesn't bother me at all. I absolutely love the CG's of this game.

Obviously, it's a subtle nod to the Avatar's ability to see things (in ways) other people can't, such as how he can see enemy weapons from across the map, and how he can see their stats, period.

Or it's not that at all, and it's just a mistake.

Half a meter is about 1 foot, 8 inches roughly, btw.

Oh yeah, should've use that metric system I guess. Thanks for the additional info!

Anyway, that seems a bit too much, guess it's more like just one feet.

Obviously, it's a subtle nod to the Avatar's ability to see things (in ways) other people can't, such as how he can see enemy weapons from across the map, and how he can see their stats, period.

Hmm, that's an interesting way of looking at it. Didn't think about that to be honest. Though this,

I imagine it is an artistic choice that is not informed by realism.

is the most likely case, I think.

Edited by Birdy

You mean the Avatar can see things from a Third-Person perspective? Good eyes.

You mean the Avatar can see things from a Third-Person perspective? Good eyes.

Very good eyes.

I kinda think it was just some kind of perspective mess-up or something, and I didn't find it too troubling. Maybe he didn't fully stand up when he got pulled up?

Maybe he didn't fully stand up when he got pulled up?

Seems likely. Like, stooped over to catch his breath or something. Either that or insignificant perspective problem.

...or he's got some weird messed up eye problems, but that would have been brought up in a support.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I think the perspective works.

I also think the perspective for the opening movie works. I don't think the opening movie scene is messed up at all.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I think the perspective works.

*goes into a dark corner to mope about her short height* I'll probably reach at Chrom's chest IRL...

It's not even a height thing. Even if you were the right height for the angle I think I'm seeing, the whole thing just feels wonky.

Then again, as people have pointed out, it could just be the Avatar not standing up fully right away or an artistic decision.

Edited by Onestep

Maybe it's to give the illusion that the view point for Rufure is weird as he/she is a semi-avatar for the player, who is looking through the screen of the 3DS? Or it could be what others have said in that Rufure hasn't fully stood upright yet.

Ah Chrom

The women want him and the men want him.

WANT TO BE HIM. THE MEN WANT TO BE HIM.

A Freudian slip at its finest XD

I just thought the somewhat weird angle was to compensate for all the height possibilities; i.e. A shorter Avatar would be standing up fully, taller ones might be only half-upright, etc. Honestly though, I didn't even notice anything was off until I came to this thread.