Army of MUs! (Opinions and suggestions appreciated!)

SlayeZ

@RayDavid99

Ohh, how interesting.

I assume you're planning to grind a lot to reach all those promoted reclasses.

With my Avatar, I made the mistake of promoting too early without much grinding dedicated to myself, in contrast to the time spent on say, the children characters.

I beat the game with a 14/15/15 Sage with +Mag -Def.

Class path: Tactician -> Grandmaster -> Sage

HP: 59

Str: 20

Mag: 43+5

Skill: 25

Spd: 30

Lck: 25

Def: 24

Res: 22

Skills: Veteran, Rally Spectrum + Magic, Ignis, Tomefaire

My offense is near cap, but everything else suffers. In comparison to other units I've reclassed at tier 1 and then promoted, I'm way behind on stats. Either way, I'm still decent. Just not broken. 3:

On my next playthrough I plan to mess around with reclassing more before I promote myself. :u

I also think that you should probably replace Luna with Quick Slash for now. I feel that Luna is only slightly more situational than Astra, as enemies have varying degrees of defense. Astra is a bit more consistent with its damage output, plus it grants more chances for a critical. Although if enemies have Counter, I'd definitely keep Luna instead.

I'm hoping I won't have to grind to much as my avatar will have veteran until I get Aegis and I plan to only reclass my other characters one to three time(s) if at all.

Does anyone know how common Counter is on hard mode?

Edited by RayDavid99

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just my experiences, but unless you're actively feeding kills to your Avatar by dedicated grinding, being promoted and then reclassed into another tier 2 class will have pretty low exp gain, even with Veteran.

Enemies with Counter are fairly rare in Hard, maybe only a handful in total in the story campaign. When more DLC is released is when you should likely worry about Counter.

{Greetings, comrades!~}

@Azel Asakura - K (or Kari) is myself. Hello~

@RayDavid - Chidokyo is right, there aren't very many enemies with Counter, but I've found this to actually be worse than the alternative, because by the time one is late in the game (which is when the units with Counter begin appearing, for the most part), you are lulled into a false sense of security and content to simply send your overpowered units into the fray with nary a care, expecting them to hammer entire maps into the ground with little need for your strategical input. Until the black 'Skipping...' screen gives way not to the azure bands of the Player Phase, but a death quote. Because there was a single enemy with Counter you had overlooked, and one of those aforementioned overpowered units suicided on him. ...Or was this just me?

Additionally, I would also recommend replacing Luna with Quick Slash when it does eventually become available.

I've been abusing Armsthrift to no end. It's actually become more important than Galeforce for me. Give an Avatar with maxed luck a forged Celica's Gale and Brave Sword, a support with a class that increases luck (I've been using War Cleric Lissa), and Sol (along with Ignis, Luna, Astra, whatever you like). Voila! Hilarious overkill up to and including the final boss. It's nice to be able to use all those rare and legendary weapons I would otherwise stockpile without worry.

I began a new file with a Male Avatar. I plan on marrying Cordelia this time around - I like her well enough, but I'm ashamed to say the main reason I decided on her was so that Morgan might have that lovely red hair color. And I've always prided myself on not being shallow. *sigh* I'm despicable.

{Greetings, comrades!~}

@Azel Asakura - K (or Kari) is myself. Hello~

@RayDavid - Chidokyo is right, there aren't very many enemies with Counter, but I've found this to actually be worse than the alternative, because by the time one is late in the game (which is when the units with Counter begin appearing, for the most part), you are lulled into a false sense of security and content to simply send your overpowered units into the fray with nary a care, expecting them to hammer entire maps into the ground with little need for your strategical input. Until the black 'Skipping...' screen gives way not to the azure bands of the Player Phase, but a death quote. Because there was a single enemy with Counter you had overlooked, and one of those aforementioned overpowered units suicided on him. ...Or was this just me?

Additionally, I would also recommend replacing Luna with Quick Slash when it does eventually become available.

I've been abusing Armsthrift to no end. It's actually become more important than Galeforce for me. Give an Avatar with maxed luck a forged Celica's Gale and Brave Sword, a support with a class that increases luck (I've been using War Cleric Lissa), and Sol (along with Ignis, Luna, Astra, whatever you like). Voila! Hilarious overkill up to and including the final boss. It's nice to be able to use all those rare and legendary weapons I would otherwise stockpile without worry.

I began a new file with a Male Avatar. I plan on marrying Cordelia this time around - I like her well enough, but I'm ashamed to say the main reason I decided on her was so that Morgan might have that lovely red hair color. And I've always prided myself on not being shallow. *sigh* I'm despicable.

Ah hello, it's nice to meet you. As for myself I'm hopefully getting the game on Friday and I already know I'm marrying Maribelle-blond Morgan and not too bad of stat mods-and my main class will be sage with that MU or at least Assassin.

Pretty sure this isn't necro-posting... If it is I'm just gonna be embarrassed and hide in shame xD

@Tarquin

Ah... Hilarious overkill... Thats me in my first file, I get critical Lethatlities almost every other turn or so, I've gotten pretty lucky with it. Then again, I've got Lon'qu sitting on My Unit. I married Sumia on my male file, because she got a support point with Chrom, so don't worry, marrying Cordelia for Morgan's hair color isn't that shallow. Then again I came to like Sumia better... Mainly because Cynthia tugged at my heart strings.

lol, red hair is beast~ there's no shame in admitting this fact. *sagenods*

Anyway, I'm surprised that no one's posted in here for a while. Maybe we're all too busy making our plans into reality xD

I've already finished lvling up 5 of my 10 MUs for the army-- have one waiting on quickblade for when it comes out, another I'm in the process of getting pass before calling her good, and then I need to make the Pegasus Formation~ (one femme of every flying class with a different breaker and all of them having galeforce). If only they had a flying class with a sword =__= *le sigh*, but at least lances > swords... maybe I'll just give her a superior lance/axe too. *shrugs*

Anyway, I think I'll make a thread starring all those people who're making MU Armies and want to show off their progress~

Sorry guys I've been really busy. Next time I'll reply and maybe pictures too :(

No problem man XD. Just enjoy going at your own pace for now and enjoy things~

I think we've all been busy, what with life and Fire Emblem being amazing, I would like to make an aside and mention that the PS4 looks amazing so far.

As long as I get KH 3, FF Versus 13 and another Dynasty warriors game then I'm sold. Other than that I'll just wait for nintendo to come out with something good hopefully.

Also I finally managed to kind of max out my first Avatar so if anyones interested.

Name: Azel

Class Path: Tactiction>Grandmaster>Myrmidon>Swordmaster>Griffon Rider> Thief > Assassin >Grandmaster

Wife: Maribelle

Stats-

Str:40(capped as a Grandmaster)

Mag:28

Skill:40

Spd:43(capped as well)

Lck:37

Def:34

Res:25

Skills:

Astra

Deliverer

Ignis

LockTouch

Lethality

And this is all as a level three Reclassed-oh so many times-Grandmaster as of the final chapter. I'd say my stats kind of pale in comparison to what they should be and what they can be. How's everyone else doing now on their files?

Name: Leclaire

Reclassing Route: Tactician -> Grandmaster -> Thief -> Assassin -> Griffon Rider

Husband: Lon'qu

Weapon set:

Firaga (Forged Arcfire)

Thundaga (Forged Arcthunder)

Aeroga (Forged Arcwind)

Sparkstrike (Forged Lewyn Sword)

Concoction

Appearance:

Looks exactly like Lightning. XD Will eventually post up a stat list soon.