Army of MUs! (Opinions and suggestions appreciated!)

SlayeZ

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy wow SlayeZ, those really do look awesome! And you picked the perfect musical accompaniment. You better make ours look cool too~

You barely know anyone who's seen it too?! WHY HAVE SO FEW PEOPLE SEEN JCA?! Me and K would wake up every morning and watch it when it was airing new. Such a great show T_T. Fistbump, buddy o'mine! *fistbump*

[spoiler=long ass anecdote coming up]Eh, how'd I get the scar? It's not that interesting. K and I have liked martial arts and weapons and shit since we were little, and we spar a lot. We didn't have the money to take lessons or anything when we kids (and as adults, we don't have time), so it's just amateur streetfighting stuff. Anyway, one day a few years back, our dad buys us boxing gloves cause we kept getting our knuckles fucked up. Except, as it turns out, fighting with gloves is worse than bare-knuckle, because with the latter you naturally hold back since punching at full strength all the time is REALLY painful and you're liable to break something important (which I have). With gloves, it's easier to go all out. So our first match, K gets all bloodthirsty, clocks me one on the head so hard my fucking skull splits open she opens a gash on my brow by accident. Thankfully, we learned our lesson without me suffering a concussion or brain damage or whatever.

The goalreaching is a much longer story and I've already written too much shit today, so I'll save it for another time. 8D

Seductive Dancer? ....YES. Strip for me, baby! *slips a twenty into your underpants* There's more where that came from, sugar~ ...Heehee, I just imagined a dude doing a striptease in the middle of a battle. And everyone being 'invigorated'.

Aww, you're sweet to say so! Let's meet in the middle and say I'm just "okay". Lessee, I like fighting, yeah... And videogames... sleeping in... I play basketball sometimes (mostly defense)... I like action, comedy, and horror movies/books/shows. Right now, I'm studying criminal justice - I want to be a police detective. I might even join the FBI - depends how good my grades end up.

Yeah... uh, I'm not really into the whole polygamy thing. Especially not with my sister. ESPECIALLY not with a dude who would be turned on by my psychopath sister. Speaking of... *ducks and covers* ....This probably isn't sufficient.... *locks self in emergency bunker* I'm just gonna wait out World War K and the aftermath here. I hope you have enough uses on that stave, Wheels!

(Actually, it's just Ash. Well, Ashe. Like from FFXII.)

Edited by Asura

Whoa, those look great! Very expressive too. GreatOld's is perhaps my favourite because of how much dynamic the pose and motion are. Everything from the coat to the necklace has fluidity! Tres bien! It also manages to inject, as you say "dat sex appeal" without cheapening her evident warrior prowess. The hybridization of strategist with pegasus rider is great too!

The entire ensemble reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles 3. Definitely picking up that vibe when seeing the art arrayed like that--partly also because it's really a disparate collection of assorted forum folk, haha! A squad rife with individualism.

Did you know that left-handedness is also a handicap in woodblock print-making because of how keyblocks placement corners are carved? It takes much longer to train a left-handed woodblock printer as a result. On the other hand, left-handedness is a secret asset when carving the blocks themselves (since the image gets reversed)! I've seen many artists use special paper to cover the pad of their palm while drawing to avoid smudges. Perhaps look into that? If nothing else, eventually teaching yourself to draw digitally may also prove advantageous!

As an aside, if you don't patch things up with Tarquin imma gonna ask her if she wants to S-rank. Just sayin'.

Also, Ashe, A+ for the cool story. Interesting tales like that are why I love teaching and why I love meeting people online. There are so many great stories to discover in the world! (Also push and push; if you want the FBI, I'm certain you'll unlock your potential and attain those grades!)

Edited by Eberict

Hey everyone, I just joined the forums! I thought this would be a cool place to introduce myself (If I can join in, that is :) So, if you want to know a little about my personality, take a look at my Avatar's description!

Anyways, here I go:

Name: Ahrion

Asset: Defense

Flaw: Luck

Class: Wyvern Lord

Skills: Hot Start, Sword Slayer, Carrier, Holy Shield, Defender

Appearance: Tall and lean (I'm 6' 2", and about 155 lbs. to be exact x), short blond hair with longer bangs swept to the right, broad shoulders, Green Eyes and a binocular device worn over the left eye (Like Deidara's from Naruto if you know what he looks like)

Armor and weapons: similar to Jerome's, minus the cape/cloth stuff and the right shoulder guard is bigger and curved upwards. Crimson red color. He wears armored gloves with sharp points on the fingers. Weilds a Killer lance, with a tomahawk sheathed on his back.

Personality: Slow in most regards, save thinking. He is very analytical, sometimes to such a degree that he gets lost in his thoughts and forgets what he was thinking about originally. He is shy, though once introduced he opens up far more than he should. He tries to be funny, but usually forgets whatever he wanted to joke about and shuts up half way through. :P He also has an interesting knack for lurking behind others during conversations, only to scare the living daylights out of them them when they turn around. He isn't one for honors, so he usually tries to disregard any kind of compliments.

Also, fun fact: People seem to think he is enormous, even though his height isn't all that crazy (at least I don't think it's crazy........idk, everyone is tall in my family)

Hopefully that is a good amount of info! :)

*emerges momentarily* Aw, thanks Eberict! I'm definitely going to try, but I've never been very scholarly, you know? I also really liked your story about your family's origins - way awesome (though I was wondering why the men short out wristwatches?). You'd make a cool sort-of-but-not-really brother-in-law ~(*-*)~ Go for it!

Oooh, Wheels, you should have our Trickster "procure" you some staves/money for staves. Wait, can Tricksters steal?

EDIT: Yo Asturis! Welcome to the forums, dude. Cool that we finally have a wyvern rider. I wonder why it took so long.

Edited by Asura

Briefly here too

@ Ashe: Fight and win! The fascinating thing about people is our ability to push our own limits and understand that there can be multiple paths. I'm rooting for you all the same, :). As for why we short-out wrist watches... it has to do with how we seem to accumulate static. I have to be careful around power outlets and get zapped routinely by door knobs and hand-rails. This next part may be hyperbole, but I was told I have an ancestor for whom, when it stormed, lightning would arc into the house and find. He never died of it, though; died of old age instead after over thirty lightning strikes in his lifetime. Thankfully I have never been struck by lightning, but I came close once when it hit a spot about an arms-length away... or so. I can't be so sure because it happened so fast and so suddenly, but I literally leaped away from the scare.

And I'll admit, you'd make good family, :)

I'm gonna close off commissions atm, at this rate I may not be able to finish by this weekend, so I'll do my best tommorrow to get almost everyone done!

asufaufvasyevatcrae I think I got a concussion D;

After slipping on ice and hitting my head on iced pavement, I stopped for a second, sighing relief that the pain was minimal...until a ginger elbows me in the face. While i was on the ground. And I died. Never to b e heard from again.

Oh btw EVERYONE Let's exchange 3DS codes/PSN ID's/360 gamertags (so I can notify all of you when your picture goes up.)

3DS code: 1332 7947 4481

PSN ID: VnG-SlayeZ

360 GT: SlayeZ

Do note that it'll be rare finding me on the 360 after this weekend (semester starts up again) and that I'll probably be on the 3DS often (Due to FE coming out) and maybe PSN to platinum that P4:Golden :D

Just let me know who's who so I don't decline you!

@melossage: Love you too broski! .BROOOMANCE, NOTHING REALLY GAY ABOUT IT.

@Murdok: I'm really bad with folds in clothing too which is why I just go shirtless most the time 8DAnd you'l have to wait alittle while, theres still alot more people I have to get to! (sorry for the wait ;-;)

@Wheels: Thanks~! Wait :( WHY?/???? I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS ;-;

@Asura: You'll only look cool if you are cool, foo!

Dood kids of this generations are missing out on all the great cartoons! especially those saturday morning cartoons, those were the best (KIDS WB!!) Yeah JCA was soooo funny, ahh nostalgia :C HOW I MISS THEE~ *fistbump*

Damn. DAMN. Why is your sister a sorcerer and not a melee fighter again? But wow, you guys were serious! Do you still punch the living daylights out of each other? XD

You two won't fight me though. You'll win lose. :)

Soooo, which one of you is stronger now? :O

I'd be a damn good seductive dancer. FINALLY SOMEONE WHO APPRECIATES MY TALENTS!! and a twenty you say? That would save my poor collegestudent life hahaha~ Whenever you'd like to be rejuvenated, you know who to call wink.gif I'll even give you a discount.

Lol ever since I started college, eatting out has been so common lol ;-; I used to be that guy with the PBJ and a salad with a strict diet regiment all day everyday. Now it's like...fast food/ice cream/heartattack.

Good thing my metabolism is kickass and I work out like it's an addiction...

Though I wouldn't be so poor if I had a job. My parents are super iffy about me getting one, since I'm taking 17-19 credits per semester D:

I think everyone loves sleeping in! That's what I'm gonna do right after I post this message yo! You're such a tomboy! and omogmgomgomgomgomgomg most girls hate horror movies, even the tomboys. GROUP HORROR MOVIE HANGOUT GOOOO /wouldbesofun. Especially when you get people who HATE scary movies and make them watch it. Oh sorry i let that sadistic streak come out D:

Criminal Justice and Crime Scene Forensics was also something that piqued my interest! Right now I'm hearing that being in the police department may not be the best thing at the moment (at least in Maryland, US.) but definitely aim for the FBI! That's so badasseru :D

P.S Dont worry, I'm not very scholarly too ;) Just study hard and play hard wink.gif

Woahwoahwoah hold on there missy. WHOEVER SAID I WAS TURNED ON BY YOUR SISTER!? O.o

Psssh polygamy!? BUT YOU'LL BE ABLE TO WIELD LANCES/BOWS/STAVES.Totally worth the tradeoff. Waifu army goooo

Ayeeee you better make some room in that emergency bunker. just in case my last stand doesn't work out D: imscared ;-;

And That's a pretty name you also reminded me I need to BEAT FF12 :C, I'm Maximillian, One in a Billion, Thanks A Trillion~

Nice to meet you!

@Eberict: The next FE game needs customizable clothing!! :D and yeah, I agree. Theres alot of variety in the people here, I hope my samey style won't bore anyone!

Woah I did not know that about leftys. I do use that method (paper to cover my hands) but when I go in for the finishing touches..thats when all the smudges occur D: Also, as a lefty I had to learn everything the hard way when I was young. I golf like a righty, became super accurate on PC FPS as a righty, and...well I could probably play tennis and throw an american football as a righty, I'd be better using my left, way more power. A good benefit is that you'll basically never lose an arm wrestling match tongue.gif

I really want Photoshop and a tablet. But I has no monies atm, + if I did the first thing I would do is upgrade my PC and buy Guild Wars 2! PS would make my life alot easier though, with all the layers and such!

I used to do alot of inking too, but it took out the flow and sketchiness that I like D: so until i learn a way to use ink pens in a way that is "flowy", I wont be returning to it for some time ;)

After Awakening, we should all do some game nights (Whatever game) together, that would be kinda fun with a big group!

Oh and

I support this pairing.

She's all yours wink.gif

@Chidokyo Thanks! I'll try to see if I can wow you with yours :D

@Asturis Heya dood! and alrighty, you'll be the last one, and the only dragon rider. You must be the dovahhkiin!

EDIT:

I went through my photobucket, and if anyone is interested in how I drew in the past then here~

2007:

img102.jpg

2008:

img196-1.jpg

AWWWWWWHHHH YOUNG ME SO CUTERU

GetAttachment1.jpg

(This was when I was 15)

2009:

Dominion.jpg

img274.jpg

img271.jpg

2010:

img290.jpg

img307.jpg

2011:

img313.jpg

img404.jpg

img380.jpg

2012:

img389.jpg

img390.jpg

img441.jpg

Edited by SlayeZ

Oh, don't worry, I have an Aum Staff!

Horror movies are completely lulzy XD My logical side kicks in, and I lol at every time there's something that doesn't make logical sense, or if they fulfill popular horror tropes. I laugh more in horrors than I do comedies XD

They all look really awesome to me!

@Warg:

img450_zps98b940a4.jpg

Dat hat.

Phewwww!

OMG this is so awesome *.* I love the hat. Open all the chests with style!

I really like the Intrier's draw too!

EDIT: And my birthday was yesterday so I'll think about this as a really cool gift *.*

Edited by Warg

@Murdok: LOL I'm kidding bro! And I got a better Idea. Draw me your image of what you want, and I'll put my spin on it. (Think FE past Heroes DLC!) And I do agree in having a way to personalize FE and have a team of you and your friends WOULD BE AWESOME. I think they do that at FEplanet, though its not a full game. Thats one of the reason why I think Nintendo needs to step their game up, their Online department...not so good. KI:U was good, but the online had so much unused potential :( They could do something with the 3DS, with coordinated strategy. Putting FE in an MMO would be really weird honestly. With a DLC or the next game, I hope they give the ability to AT LEAST trade your MU over Spotpass. Better if we could do 2v2 challenges like in ADVANCED WARS.

@melossage: It's kinda like YOU WANT ME TO BUTCHER YOU. But I wont. Because I love you. you havent given me enough information to go off of ;-;

Oh and as to what kinda dancer I'd be... you know, the seductive kind :)

I wish I could do this haha, I just need to increase flexibility :D

@Noctus ACTUALLYYYYY:

274863-black_knight.jpg

I played FE 9 and 10 to death XD

THAT AINT YERROW.

@Ray: I kinda get what you're saying, btw is your hair curly or straight? If it's alittle longer I could definitely do that.

Well at least the Hilt is yellow <_<. Anyway I'm not worthy of wielding Ragnell for I disappoint lord Ike as well as Hero Paris

Also since we're traiding online info

PSN:(Add whichever you like) Ragna_Thanatos and KaiAsakura15

3ds Friend Code:2552-0516-4036

Also Slaye, is it alright if I add my chars bio and personality in as well? I forgot to put them somehow ^^'

Haha, our poor flier-less army. We snuck in one more, though!

And gosh darn if Dark Flier isn't beginning to grow on me. Here I was so adamant against it a few days ago.

3DS code! 5429-6760-3586

PSN: Tiserra

Anyone who wants to, please feel free to add me--just let me know so I can reciprocate. Murdok, I'll add you later when I wake up (3DS is charging across the room and it is 2am).

@Eberict: The next FE game needs customizable clothing!! :D and yeah, I agree. Theres alot of variety in the people here, I hope my samey style won't bore anyone!

Woah I did not know that about leftys. I do use that method (paper to cover my hands) but when I go in for the finishing touches..thats when all the smudges occur D: Also, as a lefty I had to learn everything the hard way when I was young. I golf like a righty, became super accurate on PC FPS as a righty, and...well I could probably play tennis and throw an american football as a righty, I'd be better using my left, way more power. A good benefit is that you'll basically never lose an arm wrestling match tongue.gif

I really want Photoshop and a tablet. But I has no monies atm, + if I did the first thing I would do is upgrade my PC and buy Guild Wars 2! PS would make my life alot easier though, with all the layers and such!

I used to do alot of inking too, but it took out the flow and sketchiness that I like D: so until i learn a way to use ink pens in a way that is "flowy", I wont be returning to it for some time ;)

After Awakening, we should all do some game nights (Whatever game) together, that would be kinda fun with a big group!

I'm a big fan of the tactician's garb, though. While playing, my MU (who will not be based on me) will still ultimately a Grandmaster.

I think everyone here is just really appreciative of receiving a sketch when none was expected, so I doubt you'll "bore" anyone. Seriously, you could have easily stopped at showing us the first two of you and your friend, but you didn't. Very generous. Even if you weren't going to draw mine, I'd stop in because I enjoy other people's art styles, which is an indirect way of saying I like seeing yours, new and old.

The fate of lefties. Also the fate of college students. I leech photoshop off of my graphic design sister, but all I really do with it is make silly photo-manips and macros. It's so wasted on me, haha. When I do bother using it for higher artistic pursuits, though, the layer tool is invaluable. I'm not too savvy on my alternatives, but I remember SAI being a good and free tool, though that may have changed in recent years as it got more popular...

GW2 is fun. Asura master race.

Too bad game nights for you would be game afternoons for me; I'd be busy working! Ya'll are free to use my Dragon's Dogma pawn, though. She's all kinds of rad and vicious with daggers. (Though I think she's an archer now...)

Edited by Eberict

@Intrier:

img449_zps545a6d79.jpg

I hybrid'ed the strategist's clothing with the pegi clothing, hope you dont mind!

Ahaha, it's fine, I actually rather like it like that, what mainly concerns me is how you got my hair exactly how it was before I cut it ouo ARE YOU A MAGICIAN

Also still a better artist than most I know, teach me your bearrific ways, sensei!-shot'd for the Teddy pun-

@Asturis Woohoo another flier :D

Anyways, my 3ds code is 4511- 0628- 8328 for anyone who wants to add me I guess x)

Edited by Intrier

@Max (may I call you that?) - Well done on completing your assignment! It seems being left-handed has more downsides than I thought...

Your drawings so far are splendid - I'm impressed with how much emotion and character you are able to convey with but a few strokes of a pencil! I am particularly taken with melossage and TheGreatOld's pictures.

You're playing P4:G as well? Isn't it hilarious? ("You're a man, let 'em dangle."; "I'm ready to be born, damnit!" XD) Damn that Hardcore Risette Fan trophy.

Clearly, I am a sorcerer because my admittedly immense martial might is only exceeded by my towering intelligence and ardent bibliophilic tendencies.

You think you can woo me with silver tongue? I see right through your honeyed words! No amount of subservience or sensually cavorting about will redeem you. Your life's blood seeping into the ground and the agonized rhapsody of your futile screams are the only forms of satisfaction I will accept. I look forward to scattering your severed remains about my yard as a treat for my hounds. They are so rarely able to partake of scumbag.

@Eberict - I would certainly not object to the prospect of an eventual S-rank with you, my sagely friend! Oh, what arcane prowess our child would possess... I seem to have you at a disadvantage when it comes to knowledge of the other (Good lord, conduit for electricity, you say? O_O I suppose we ought to avoid thunder tomes when possible...), but I'm very terrible when it comes to talking about myself; thus, brevity must (for once) carry the day. I'm a third-year Physics under-grad; I work part-time as a bartender; I enjoy most of what Ash listed earlier, only replace "some basketball" with "much reading." Ah, and my name is Kari - a pleasure! (*ping* RANK UP GET.)

PSN - Pyro_Gabs

FC - 5026-4772-4502

(These are technically mine, but Ash uses them as well. We saw little point in having separate accounts and paying for everything twice when we live in the same house.)

@Eberict:

img451_zpsbe3d8ea5.jpg

@RayDavid99:

img452_zps32ad6ce5.jpg
I was so tempted to give you a shield!

@Struck:

img457_zps92e22b37.jpg
I mixed up merc with fighter armor to allow better movement, since you seem like a practical type of guy. I also gave you 2 headwraps around your head, 1 for keeping hair out of your eyes, and the other for some unknown wound.

@Chaplain Crimsonis:

img454_zps6b5f4631.jpg
a claded berserker! withaskirt

@Frosty Fire Mage:

img455_zps82ebc167.jpg
The eyes were smaller, but then you looked too much like INEEDMOREPOWER Virgil.

@Wheels:

img453_zps597031c7.jpg

@Chidokyo:

img456_zpsebbe465a.jpg
You ended up so much like Eberict, IM SORRY ;-; (b/c of sage, short stature, shortish hair.) Lemme know if you want a redraw, i'll even throw in my own mental image of a sage in there!

btw, soft eyes with a scowl face was harder than i imagined.

@Murdok:

Exactly What you wanted.
SUBMIT-TO-MODOK_greenbrainwork_CLR.jpg

Just kidding.

img458_zps6874cd2f.jpg

First time I ever drew a horse in my life. FORGIVE ME ;-;

Go for it noctus, and Imma go grab my 3DS/Vita and start adding people now!

@Warg: IT WAS ALL INTENTIONALLY PLANNED. I SWEAR.

@Eberict: Oh man i so saderu ;-; Only thing I can run well is like Aion leveled games D: OH AND I FREAKING LOVE DRAGONS DOGMA. It's flawed, but imagine how much better they can make the sequel! First time fighting a drake randomly as a lvl 30 warrior was crazy fun. Cant believe i killed it...and got a dragon forged Denim Jeans...:/

@Intrier: I am no magician, just a badass of course. As for how I learned to draw...I don't know. Math class? I got really bored and doodling became a way for me to stay awake during classes in middle/high school haha. I tried getting lessons once when I was really young. I really didn't like how I had to conform to a style I may not have been interested, so that's no help D:

How short is your hair now?

@Wheels: hahaha, yeah most horror movies are so cheesy. That and all the tropes; Blackmandiesfirst,dumbblondegetssomeonekilled,etcetc. LOVE ITTTT *brofist*

@FertSperkkie: Hmmm, maybe if you grovel at my feet you give me a good enough description I MAY draw something for you. We'll see wink.gifHow can I refuse someone with Butts as their title?!?

@Arturis: No dragonshouting in my house plis ;-; and your helmet...me think Chaplain might have your helmet. D:

@Tarquin: I'd rather look at downsides as another form of a challenge. I loves me some challenges. I've got a list of them actually. You're like number 9 on that list wink.gif

And Yeah, you can call me Max even though it's less epic...and since you're a bartender, could you hook me up? :) FreeDRINKSYAYYYYY. Oh God Physics. :(

HOW DID YOU KNOW MY EXACT CHOICE? FOR BOTH PLAYTHROUGHS?? Kanji is the man. Troy Baker is my hero. Yeah, that stupidass trophy...GRRR. I grinded so hard I got bored of the game. I'm sitting near the endgame for second playthrough...No motivation to get back into it at the moment, with FE and all ;D

AND ;_________;

YOU HAVE BROKEN ME. In heart and soul. ;___; gonnaneedalotofducttape
I HAVENT EVEN WOO'ED YOU YET D:...

Now excuse me as I go lament in my sorrow Before the hounds get me. at the bottom of a pit of angst.

And as I am devoured by darkness...I just want you to know that...

you can always lean on me,
when you're not strong
I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
FOR IT WONT BE LONNNG~
Till I'm gonna need
dat booty Somebody to lean on.

Man I'm really bad at sounding like I'm heartbroken. Probably cus I've got no heart ;)

@Everyone else: I'll start the final batch once Asura finds a job. That bum

Edited by SlayeZ

@Intrier: I am no magician, just a badass of course. As for how I learned to draw...I don't know. Math class? I got really bored and doodling became a way for me to stay awake during classes in middle/high school haha. I tried getting lessons once when I was really young. I really didn't like how I had to conform to a style I may not have been interested, so that's no help D:

How short is your hair now?

I'll accept that answer... For now xD Oooh, I see... I get that, doodling is the only way for me to not fall asleep in class as wellAll of the classes

Now or when I first posted?/hairgrowstoofast

Very nice. I didn't even think of the possibility of duel-wielding. Using a sword and an axe at once. I wonder how that would effect the weapon triangle.

Anyway, Jacob looks very nice. Thank you for the drawing.

@ Slayez: Ok, I'm getting more and more excited as I see all these drawings. They're just plain awesome. How could you take mah helm and give it to *that* guy???. X) lol

And if you insist, then I'll just go find some nice wyverns to talk with. -.-

@SlayeZ

Haha, these drawings are amazing, although mine doesn't really remind me of myself.

I mean, if you really want to, you could redraw it, but I like it as it is. XD

EDIT:

I love the little details you use to distinguish people with the same classes.

Like, between Erebict and I, I wear more lightweight clothing and our weapon choices are different.

And I think what makes my picture not remind me of myself as much as it could is the hair.

My hair's actually shorter than that; it's like, the front and top are accurate, but the back is much shorter. I should've been more clear about that. D:

I still really love all these drawings. Your style doesn't fail to impress.

Edited by Chidokyo