Super Spriting Team Challenge: Round 2!

Astelaine

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aw man everyone did lloyd

sfspritechallenge1_zps13aaa63a.png

and yeah all the entries are so amazing. I flat out can't handle the baby wyvern trainer haha

EDIT: oh and here's the concept

Edited by Myke

Since Astel is dead (rip love <3) (no, she's not really dead~), I was wondering if you guys wanted to make a 3rd round now or wait until Astel comes back?

• 1 month later...

Okay, in light of Astel's recent and lengthy hiatus, I'd like to propose we begin the next round by ourselves. However, I'd also like to add a few suggestions, as well as leave things up for discussion:

> Would you interested in doing another team challenge?

This is sort of the ultimate deciding factor. If there is no interest, there is no point in continuing. If there is enough garnered interest, I'd be more than willing to run the challenge in Astel's stead for the time being.

> Would you be more interested in another team challenge if you could pick your partner?

Due to the cooperative nature of the challenge, the immediate weakness of the random pairing system lies in the fact that no two spriters are likely to have the same schedule. The issue of conflicting schedules seems to be what prevents most pairs from finishing their entries. That being the case, I'd like to see how many people would like it better if you could pick your own partner, whether for reasons of friendship, quality, reliability, etc. However, I understand there are concerns about more advanced spriters pairing up with each other and leaving less experienced spriters to fend for themselves. I would like to iterate that this is not a competition; this is merely a cooperative spriting challenge for your own amusement/benefit/whimsy. If we are to allow each other to pick pairs, I'd also like to propose we keep the randomization system in place. That is, if you want to pick a partner for yourself, you can; if you couldn't care less who you ended up with, you can offer to be thrown into the random pot to be randomly paired up with another person.

Any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions?

All in all I'm still interested and am good with staying in the random pot. There have been a couple of instances where I wished things were a little more matched according to schedules/goals, but things always turned out well in the end.

For the record:

Timezone: CST (GMT -5:00)

Availability: Flexible, IM/AIM/Skype/Livestream

And I do really like to get things started early on :p

Oh, that's a good idea, posting up schedules and contact info.

Timezone: Pacific (currently), Central (school year)

I'm a procrastinator who doesn't like to step on toes, but I'll probably do the entire thing by myself rather than let the project drop.

I'm alright with this. I'd prefer pairing up with someone I know though if I can't find anyone, it's ok for me to go random and hope i don't get ditched again ;__;. I'm a bit busy this week but after that my schedule is cleared.

errr... skype or pm works ok and I'm somewhere around South-east asia(so that's UST +8:00 i think.) but I don't think that really matters. my sleeping habits are erratic. xD

i would be all for joining into the random pool, but i might get paired up with someone who doesn't like me(there might be quite a bit of those). we'd have to re-randomize in that case so we don't end up losing entrants.

Wasn't it that you just PM the host your blacklist beforehand if you have someone you can't work with?

Wasn't it that you just PM the host your blacklist beforehand if you have someone you can't work with?

no, the other way around. i don't mind working with anyone, but someone could just not want to work with me without me knowing who they are so i can't really do anything about it.

Ooh, this is a really good idea~

Timezone: EST/EDT (-500 GST)

Availability: Fairly flexible for the most part. Weekends are just a bit iffy because I go to my sister's place and my access to her computer is limited.

Time: EST

Contact: Skype (although PM me for that if you don't have it)

Availability: I have 0 responsibilities so I don't ever have shit to do.

Wasn't there supposed to be something about not being paired with the same person twice?

I'll join in <3

anyone who wants to contact Nih can do it °W° (inb4 "No Nih u suck go away")

My timezone is pretty iffy, GMT +1, Europe. So we'd have to deal with that )))):

as for availability, now that school is over, i'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee