MercuryHg34's FE: Awakening Playthrough (Hard)

He does seem to be having a pretty slow start, but I'm sure he'll come around soon. What he lacks in offense he has been making up for with speed an durability so far (which is ok with me for now, I just hope he picks up some strength).

Update!

Paralogue 1: From Sickle to Sword

I wish I didn’t need to do this one, and for one good reason: Donnel. I had to spend ten extra turns to recruit a character that is pretty bad, and all I got out of it was a Killer Lance and a Rescue Staff… Sorry, I should have said “at least” I got a rescue staff out of it. I’ve never abused the rescue staff before outside of “ordinary use”, but there’s a first for everything so we’ll see.

Recruiting Donnel took three turns for me. I know this isn’t LTC, but I am trying to keep the pace reasonable. I gave Donnel a DEF tonic, had Fred pair up with him, and then moved Donnel onto the forest immediately to the right of his starting tile. SullyxKellam went north and weakened the barbarian (and the theif on the enemy phase) to the north. Everyone else made a rush for the chest keys, chests and boss. On the enemy phase, the weakened barbarian rushed at Donnel and ran himself through Donnel’s spear. The theif did the same on the next turn, and on turn three he finished off the archer for his level up.

The rest of the chapter involved StahlxLon’qu clearing out the south-west to reach the theif with the chest key, while MichellexChrom took care of the rest. Lon’qu ended up with the boss kill, and I could have done it at least two turns sooner if I didn’t try getting the chests. I figured since I was doing this paralogue anyway I may as well walk away from it with Rescue. My core units all got decent exp, so that was cool too.

Turns: 10/44

Heroes: Michelle & Chrom

Michelle gained B support with Chrom.

Sully gained B support with Kellam.

Gold: 3800

Lvl   HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WExp                 Support
            Michelle  9.39 26 11  10  8   9   12  9   6   E Sword, D Tome      B Chrom; C Fred, Sumia
               Chrom  8.40 27  9  2   12  12  8   12  3   C Sword              B Michelle; C Fred + Others
           Frederick  2.21 29 14  2   12  10  7   14  3   D Swd, A Lnc., D Axe C Michelle, Chrom, Lissa
               Lissa  4.61 18  2  5   7   6   11  5   5   D Staves             C Chrom & Fred
               Sully  7.82 23 11  2   13  11  8   10  2   E Sword, C Lance     B Kellam; C Virion
               Stahl  7.45 27 10  0   10  8   9   11  2   C Sword, E Lance     None
              Kellam  6.50 22 11  0   7   6   3   13  2   D Lance              C Sully
              Lon'qu  6.29 22  6  2   13  13  8   7   2   C Sword              None

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end it kinda was worth it. Now I have two offensive powerhouses (Lon'qu and Sully w/killer weapons), Characters with durability (Stahl and Kellam) and then there's the ultimate duo of Michelle and Chrom. I'm not worried about anything in particular so far other than Stahl's str issue and the fact that it seems like it takes forever for my supports to build up. This goes especially for SullyxKellam, because Lon'qu is going to be stealing Kellam for a while until Cherche comes along.

EDIT: Oh, and the rescue staff was nice too. Good thing I get Maribelle in the next chapter.

Edited by MercuryHg34

He does seem to be having a pretty slow start, but I'm sure he'll come around soon. What he lacks in offense he has been making up for with speed an durability so far (which is ok with me for now, I just hope he picks up some strength).

Update!

Paralogue 1: From Sickle to Sword

I wish I didn’t need to do this one, and for one good reason: Donnel. I had to spend ten extra turns to recruit a character that is pretty bad, and all I got out of it was a Killer Lance and a Rescue Staff… Sorry, I should have said “at least” I got a rescue staff out of it. I’ve never abused the rescue staff before outside of “ordinary use”, but there’s a first for everything so we’ll see.

Recruiting Donnel took three turns for me. I know this isn’t LTC, but I am trying to keep the pace reasonable. I gave Donnel a DEF tonic, had Fred pair up with him, and then moved Donnel onto the forest immediately to the right of his starting tile. SullyxKellam went north and weakened the barbarian (and the theif on the enemy phase) to the north. Everyone else made a rush for the chest keys, chests and boss. On the enemy phase, the weakened barbarian rushed at Donnel and ran himself through Donnel’s spear. The theif did the same on the next turn, and on turn three he finished off the archer for his level up.

The rest of the chapter involved StahlxLon’qu clearing out the south-west to reach the theif with the chest key, while MichellexChrom took care of the rest. Lon’qu ended up with the boss kill, and I could have done it at least two turns sooner if I didn’t try getting the chests. I figured since I was doing this paralogue anyway I may as well walk away from it with Rescue. My core units all got decent exp, so that was cool too.

Turns: 10/44

Michelle gained B support with Chrom.

Sully gained B support with Kellam.

Gold: 3800

Michelle  9.39 26 11  10  8   9   12  9   6   E Sword, D Tome      B Chrom; C Fred, Sumia
               Chrom  8.40 27  9  2   12  12  8   12  3   C Sword              B Michelle; C Fred + Others
           Frederick  2.21 29 14  2   12  10  7   14  3   D Swd, A Lnc., D Axe C Michelle, Chrom, Lissa
               Lissa  4.61 18  2  5   7   6   11  5   5   D Staves             C Chrom & Fred
               Sully  7.82 23 11  2   13  11  8   10  2   E Sword, C Lance     B Kellam; C Virion
               Stahl  7.45 27 10  0   10  8   9   11  2   C Sword, E Lance     None
              Kellam  6.50 22 11  0   7   6   3   13  2   D Lance              C Sully
              Lon'qu  6.29 22  6  2   13  13  8   7   2   C Sword              None

I really do have to try Donnel with some setup after giving him some tonics. He's still terrible yes, but no one ever thinks to give him Tonics. Hmmm...I will say though, in all fairness you did pretty fair with Donnel. Typically this chapter is done in 6-8 turns, and doing it in 10 while having to deal with Donnel's dumb ass is pretty good all things considered. One thing to note though: You don't HAVE to recruit Donnel. You aren't using him, after all.

If I may make a suggestion though? It might be a bit late for it, but try building Stahl's Lance rank while you still have the chance. Discipline really does build weapon rank at an unbelievable pace, and a Stahl with multiple weapons at his disposal, including 1-2 range, is a much happier Stahl than one who is stuck with swords. Having started a recent run, I can say this works wonders for our green cav.

My, you are doing well with Chrom's levels.

If I may make a suggestion though? It might be a bit late for it, but try building Stahl's Lance rank while you still have the chance. Discipline really does build weapon rank at an unbelievable pace, and a Stahl with multiple weapons at his disposal, including 1-2 range, is a much happier Stahl than one who is stuck with swords. Having started a recent run, I can say this works wonders for our green cav.

Seconded. Whenever Stahl is not the lead unit in his pair, equip the Bronze Lance. Weapon exp will build up every time he comes in with a dual strike. Or, if you get a Log, you can forge it to Iron Lance strength for the cheap.

Edited by aku chi

Seconded. Whenever Stahl is not the lead unit in his pair, equip the Bronze Lance. Weapon exp will build up every time he comes in with a dual strike. Or, if you get a Log, you can forge it to Iron Lance strength for the cheap.

He has been falling behind on lances, and he's got enough levels to sit back a chapter. I can build up his lance on Paralogue 2 and Chapter 6 so that he's better prepared for Cordelia's arrival. I'm also aware of the derp weapon forge trick, but unfortunately the only reliable way to get anything like that early is to save villagers in Paralogue 2 or 3 I believe. I likely won't need it until I change Panne to WR.

GJ, I suppose I could have left him behind and rushed the chests/boss, but I figured I might as well since I'm doing the Paralogue anyway. I am operating under the assumption that the player would at least attempt to recruit as many characters as possible, since this tier list at least implies that the player would go for a "high" completion level. Anyway, I'll take you're advice about Stahl.

I'll be updating with Chapter 5 soon.

Here's Chapter 5. I must say I've outdone myself as far as exp distribution goes this time. Not only did Ricken gain 2 (almost 3) levels, but virtually everyone else gained a level or two as well.

Chapter 5: The Exalt and the King

Enter: Ricken. I can actually say I was surprised with his performance, in a good way. He was mostly taking kills from weakened foes that the others had hurt during the enemy phase, and I could have cleared much more quickly if this chapter wasn’t so important for training Ricken. The fliers everywhere helped him grow quite quickly since he scored easy kills on them. He is still rather fragile, so it is important to remember the cardinal rule of Awakening: Fight on the enemy phase. Let the enemies come to you, and you’ll be able to survive long enough to score a kill and still be relatively safe.

I had Maribelle pair up with Ricken in order to build their support as soon as I could; that’s going to be extremely important later on if he starts to fall behind statistically. The entire fight was mostly ChromxMichelle with StahlxFred blocking the entrance to the narrow path near the start, with Ricken behind them finishing off most foes they walled. Fliers were the only direct threat in this case, and with Elwind he blows them off the map in one round. Lissa was always close by to heal.

Meanwhile, Kellam backed up Lon’qu as he took to the west and camped near the fort in the corner. The rng gods had it out for him, as he kept getting hurt my moves that should really have missed (dark magic, axes). Luckily Kellam could switch in to buy time while Lissa came to heal Lon’qu, and one or two vulneraries were used as well. Sully’s partner this time was Sumia since I had an extra slot and nobody else warranted being deployed. She allowed Sully to double almost everyone on the map, so the two of them were my bouncers that ran around got rid of unexpected or immediate threats.

Ricken’ levels were pretty good. He got speed on both levels, and some other key stats improved as well (Mag, Def, etc.) Maribelle saw little to no action, but I am going to begin actively using her and replace Lissa as my healer. For that reason I’m leaving Lissa out of this chapter’s table since it’s no longer relevant to track her progress.

Turns: 8/52

Sully gained C support with Sumia.

Gold: 5695

Maintenance: I sold a Bullion M, bought a bunch of iron swords for the characters that were running low on their swords, another heal for Maribelle since Lissa used up most of the other one, and forged a thunder I gave to Ricken for extra offense. The tome has been rightfully renamed “Rickenstorm”. I still have plenty of funds to spare.

Michelle 10.47 27 12  11  9   10  13  9   6   E Sword, C Tome      B Chrom; C Fred, Sumia
               Chrom  9.68 28 10  2   12  13  9   12  3   C Sword              B Michelle; C Fred + Others
           Frederick  2.32 29 14  2   12  10  7   14  3   D Swd, A Lnc., D Axe C Michelle, Chrom, Lissa
           Maribelle  3.20 18  0  5   4   6   5   3   6   D Staves             None
               Sully  9.36 25 12  2   13  13  10  10  2   D Sword, C Lance     B Kellam; C Virion, Sumia
               Stahl  8.52 28 10  0   11  9   10  11  2   B Sword, E Lance     None
              Kellam  7.28 23 12  0   8   7   3   13  3   D Lance              B Sully
               Lonqu  8.02 24  7  2   14  14  8   8   2   C Sword              None
              Ricken  5.87 22  3  9   6   7   10  8   3   D Tome               None

It's really hard to build Lance rank early, because this game just spams axes at you. Even my Sully ranked up Swords before Lances, despite her bonus to base Lance WEXP. Thank goodness for Discipline.

Nice to see Ricken having a good start, that blessed SPD will help him out later.

Update.

Paralogue 2: The Secret Seller

This chapter was most beneficial to Sully and Stahl. After following GJ’s advice I took this chapter to get Stahl’s lance rank up to D, so he can at least wield iron now. He also got +1 str, which is also nice. Sully and Kellam both got a decent amount of exp as well. Lon’qu hitched a ride from Sumia and rushed the boss solo, which worked pretty well since I had the rest of my units focused on reaching Anna and killing the rest of the enemies. Maribelle got a few heals in and leveled up too. There’s not much to say about this chapter on my end honestly, everyone kind of just did what they usually do and fought primarily on the enemy phase. Lon’qu is going to need a replacement for his Killing Edge soon… a myrmidon using iron is not a pretty sight.

Turns: 7/59

Heroes: Sully & Kellam

Michelle gained A support with Chrom.

Ricken gained C support with Maribelle.

Gold: 5135 (bought a weapon or two)

Maintenance: I earned a Goddess Icon from the boss, and that went to Michelle. I want her to pass down high luck to Lucina and Morgan for better activation rates on skills.

Michelle 11.15 28 12  11  9   11  16  10  7   E Sword, C Tome      A Chrom; C Fred, Sumia
               Chrom  9.73 28 10  2   12  13  9   12  3   C Sword              A Michelle; C Fred + Others
           Frederick  2.34 29 14  2   12  10  7   14  3   D Swd, A Lnc., D Axe C Michelle, Chrom, Lissa
           Maribelle  4.03 19  0  6   5   6   6   3   6   D Staves             C Ricken
               Sully 10.09 26 13  2   13  14  11  10  2   C Sword, C Lance     B Kellam; C Virion, Sumia
               Stahl  9.76 29 11  0   12  10  10  11  2   B Sword, D Lance     None
              Kellam  8.38 24 13  0   8   8   3   14  3   C Lance              B Sully
               Lonqu 10.12 24  8  3   14  16  9   9   2   C Sword              None
              Ricken  6.70 23  3  9   7   7   11  9   3   D Tome               C Maribelle

Stahl improved his str and his lance rank, which is great. His speed has been improving steadily as well. Ricken seems to be doing OK so far, too early to tell.

Sorry for the delay, school picked up quite rapidly for me in the past few days. So without further adieu...

Chapter 6: Foreseer

I got stuck with 1-extra-spot syndrome again, so Sumia joined in once again to provide Lon’qu with a partner. He and Ricken blocked up the right staircase and I let the enemies run to their deaths. Ricken gained more speed, and I’m now convinced he is speed blessed. Stahl gained strength too, so any worries about him falling behind are gone now. He and Sully stood guard with Marth and ambushed everyone coming through the center. Chrom and Michelle took to the left in order to recruit Gaius, who I then paired up with Panne. I gave the boss kill to Panne so that she could gain lots of exp since she needs to reach level 10 when I get the second seal.

Lon’qu broke his killing edge, but even with iron he was still dealing good damage due to his awesome speed. In other words, he is still capable of functioning as a primary unit even without a killing edge. Ricken is coming along as well, he’s still a bit fragile but as long as Maribelle is right next to him and he attacks on enemy phase he should be able to survive from turn to turn. His blessed speed is really going to help in the long run, but so far he still isn’t doubling anything yet. He makes up for that with his strong attacks, since the forged tome I made for him lets him deal 14-16 damage on average per hit.

Turns: 6/65

Heroes: Panne & Gaius (somehow)

Sully gained A support with Kellam.

Gold: 3935 (bought 4 vulneraries for the chatacters that used theirs up or needed one)

Maintenance: I don’t know who the Secret Book from the chest should go too, any suggestions? I'm thinking Michelle or Ricken.

Lvl HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WExp Support
Michelle 11.34 28 12 11 9 11 16 10 7 E Sword, C Tome A Chrom; C Fred, Sumia
Chrom 10.53 29 11 2 12 14 10 13 3 C Sword A Michelle; C Fred + Others
Frederick 2.39 29 14 2 12 10 7 14 3 D Swd, A Lnc., D Axe C Michelle, Chrom, Lissa
Maribelle 4.73 19 0 6 5 6 6 3 6 D Staves C Ricken
Sully 11.21 27 13 3 14 15 11 10 2 C Sword, B Lance A Kellam; C Virion, Sumia
Stahl 10.75 30 12 0 13 10 10 12 2 B Sword, D Lance None
Kellam 8.58 24 13 0 8 8 3 14 3 C Lance A Sully
Lonqu 11.28 25 8 3 15 17 9 9 3 B Sword None
Ricken 7.60 24 3 10 8 8 11 10 3 D Tome C Maribelle

Seems like Michelle (because SKL flaw) or Ricken (because Ricken) would be the best places for the Secret Book. Either of them having accuracy issues? I'd lean towards Ricken, since Veteran lets you power through stat deficiencies.

This is true, and I was leaning toward Ricken anyway. It may actually be all he needs for now if he continues at this pace since he is speed blessed. So that's who I will give the Secret Book to. Next chapter I get Cordelia (finally!) and then we'll get to see what Stahl is really capable of without Fred. On his own he's quite resilient anyway, a good thing to be when paired with a flier. What's more, he'll finally start building support with someone.

My next idea is this: I would like to try PannexGaius to give her the extra speed as a WR and in return Gaius gets to fly with her and decent strength support. Now the only planned character for my run without a partner is Nowi, whom I refuse to let go of. Who should I give to her? Gregor seems like a decent option for me and I'd be willing to give it a go, but seeing as how I still have several chapters left before I recruit her I want some feedback on this.

Edit: I just realized I forgot to add Panne and Gaius to the Chapter 6 table. I updated the OP, and I also included Ricken's Skill increase from the book.

Edited by MercuryHg34

Gregor is N.O.W.I.'s best support partner, and it's not even close.

You can get them to C by the end of her joining chapter, and he gives her exactly what she needs (SPD and DEF). Gregor never has to be the Lead unit ever. Your options with him are Seal to Hero (for Axes and slightly better DEF support), or Seal to Bow Knight (sneaky good once you no longer need the DEF on Nowi, since it gives her +1 MV and Gregor as the Support unit is in no way impaired by using bows).

The only other realistic option that I can think of would be Lon'qu, as long as you get him 6 levels and 4 SPD off his bases (best SPD support for Nowi once promoted to Swordmaster). That would be a rougher defensive start, and underwhelming for Dual Strikes, but no doubling issues for Nowi. He's already claimed, though.

Here's Chapter 7, nice and short. Unfortunately Cordelia didn't see much action, but that's one of her known flaws and only a minor one at that. She'll see plenty of combat in the next Paralogue.

Chapter 7: Incursion

Possibly my best chapter yet in terms of efficient play goes. I got Gaius some levels, Panne is just about level 10, ChromxMichelle reached S, weapon levels increased on several characters, and most of my core party is no lower than level 7, mostly at 11. And I cleared the chapter in 4 turns. Now I have everyone I need save for GregorxNowi (summing up very soon) and Cherche (Lon’qu is still just awesome enough that he is least impacted by a lack of support at this point).
Turns: 4/69 (My next chapter is going to be lucky!)
Heroes: Panne & Gaius
Michelle gained S support with Chrom!
Ricken gained B support with Maribelle.
Panne gained C support with Gaius.
Gold: 7675
Maintenance: Sold the Bullion (M), then forged Lon’qu’s Steel sword to give it some crit so he at least has the chance to use his Myrmidon powers.
The table has been rearranged so that pairs are next to each other.
             Michelle 11.58 28 12  11  9   11  16  10  7   E Sword, C Tome      S Chrom; C Fred, Sumia
                Chrom 11.83 30 11  2   13  14  11  13  4   B Sword              S Michelle; C Fred + Others
                Sully 12.01 27 13  3   14  16  11  10  2   C Sword, B Lance     A Kellam; C Virion, Sumia
               Kellam  8.83 24 13  0   8   8   3   14  3   C Lance              A Sully
                Stahl 11.05 31 12  0   14  11  11  12  2   B Sword, D Lance     None
             Cordelia  7.05 25  9  3   13  12  9   8   8   C Lance              None
               Ricken  8.20 25  4  11  11  9   11  10  3   C Tome               B Maribelle
            Maribelle  5.33 19  0  7   6   7   7   3   7   D Staves             B Ricken
                Lonqu 11.81 25  8  3   15  17  9   9   3   B Sword              None
                Panne  9.85 31 10  1   9   12  8   8   4   - Stone              C Gaius
                Gaius  7.25 24  7  0   15  17  7   5   2   C Sword              C Panne
            Frederick  2.42 29 14  2   12  10  7   14  3   D Swd, A Lnc., D Axe C Michelle, Chrom, Lissa

Wow. Four chapters on Breakneck Pass? I bow before your might, Mercury!

Oh, for Frederick - Hand Axes are an excellent weapon choice for him. They've got range, so he can attack any pesky mages aiming for him, he still does decent damage, and it'll, of course, help with his axe rank.

I really only use him as a support bot now, he's never on the front lines anymore. Otherwise you'd be correct.

And now for an update.

Paralogue 3: A Strangled Peace

I used this chapter to get Cordelia started, and to build some supports. Panne and Kellam are also now ready for their Second and Master Seals, respectively.
Now it’s time for the chapter analysis. Cordelia took Stahl to the south, and RickenxMaribelle joined them. Unfortunately by the end only one villager survived, but I tried my best with heals and such. It’s not my fault they insisted on running to their deaths, and at least I got… a log. And a Seraph Robe. Stahl gave Cordelia pretty great strength and defense, and she was able to double nearly everything on the map except for the other fliers. Stahl could have done the same; I looked just out of curiosity but didn’t actually attack with him much if at all.
PannexGaius took care of the enemies in the north. I made sure she got past level 10 so she could reclass as soon as the seal is available. Gaius got some exp as well, and helped clean up the enemies to the west with Cordelia and Ricken.
I have discovered a pattern that works very well for my team regarding Maribelle. Instead of just tacking her on to Ricken constantly it is better to have her take Ricken where he needs to go and then separate. She can support him from an adjacent space and still heal whenever she wants, and this is quite effective for keeping your party healthy at all times. I may have been late with that revelation, but not everyone is perfect.
Sully and Kellam went after the village and the boss, but this time Kellam got the kill. This was to ensure he would be ready for a master seal as soon as I get one, and Sully is already really good right now. ChromxMichelle played cleanup and didn’t really do much.
Turns: 6
Heroes: Sully & Kellam
Sully gained S support with Kellam!
Stahl gained C support with Cordelia.
Gold: 4195
Maintenance: I forged the Log I got and named it “2x4 of Death”. A fitting name, if I do say so myself. I also bought javelins for all my lance wielders so they will always have an answer for archers/ranged attacks. I also don’t have an axe user yet, so the hand axe I have is useless.
I'm now only listing supports that actually matter.
             Michelle 12.20 29 13  11  9   11  17  11  7   E Sword, C Tome      S Chrom
                Chrom 12.47 31 11  2   13  15  11  13  4   B Sword              S Michelle
                Sully 13.14 28 13  3   14  16  12  11  2   C Sword, B Lance     S Kellam
               Kellam 10.09 26 14  0   8   8   3   14  5   C Lance              S Sully
                Stahl 11.14 31 12  0   14  11  11  12  2   B Sword, D Lance     C Cordelia
             Cordelia  8.58 26 10  3   14  13  9   8   9   C Lance              C Stahl
               Ricken  8.70 25  4  11  11  9   11  10  3   C Tome               B Maribelle
            Maribelle  6.18 20  0  7   7   8   7   3   8   D Staves             B Ricken
                Lonqu 11.81 25  8  3   15  17  9   9   3   B Sword              None
                Panne 11.00 33 12  3   10  13  10  10  5   - Stone              C Gaius
                Gaius  7.98 24  7  0   15  17  7   5   2   C Sword              C Panne
            Frederick  2.42 29 14  2   12  10  7   14  3   D Swd, A Lnc., D Axe C Michelle, Chrom

Now I have a predicament. According to the tier list, I am now allowed to claim a Second Seal from my renown awards. I claimed the glass sword earlier because it's a glass sword and hardly useful anyway. Before I move on, I need to know If I should continue using the renown awards or not. Having it now would mean I get Panne to WR right now as opposed to several chapters from now (I think chapter 10 is the first Second Seal you get normally).
Also, I don't know who to give the Seraph Robe to. To me it seems like Ricken, Maribelle, Gaius and Cordelia all want it equally.

Wait, I'm up to chapter 8 anyway... It's in the village, right? Either way I'm leaning toward using the renown awards. I won't be updating until tomorrow anyway, so I'll decide then. I still want to know who to give the Seraph robe to as soon as possible.

Chapter 8: The Grimleal

Before I started, I claimed a Second Seal from renown and used it to change Panne into a Wyvern Rider. The reason to do this for those of you that don’t know is because she gains flight and a big improvement in the growths of key stats like Strength and Defense. Gaius provides the speed she needs to become a great damage-dealing unit and is the primary reason she is considered an S Tier unit.
Now it’s time to get started with my future wife Nowi’s training. Gregor paired up with her and they kept the left village safe as enemies were drawn to them. Cordelia and Stahl were the main focus in terms of offensive power while Ricken and Maribelle followed for heal support. Everyone else slowly followed and cleaned up the enemies left behind. The only setback for me completing this chapter was the fact that I only had 3 units who could move freely and at least four who were stuck with 2 move the whole time.
Turns: 6/81
Heroes: Stahl & Cordelia
Stahl gained C support with Cordelia.
Nowi gained C support with Gregor.
Panne gained B support with Gaius.
Gold: 3095 (bought some speed tonics)
Maintenance: I promoted Kellam to General with the Master Seal I got in this chapter. This is because he’s mostly a support unit anyway and he would be giving Sully a huge defense boost. He’ll mostly be sitting behind Sully and providing frequent dual guards for the rest of the game. I have one Second Seal left over, and that one will be for either Chrom to become a cavalier when he reaches 20. Or somebody else for another reason I haven’t come up with yet. Give me suggestions, guys.
I have added the Class Route for each Character, so that you don't have to keep track of who's what.
                      Lvl   HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WExp                 Support       Class Route
             Michelle 12.54 29 13  11  9   11  17  11  7   D Sword, C Tome      S Chrom       Tactician
                Chrom 12.51 31 11  2   13  15  11  13  4   B Sword              S Michelle    Lord
                Sully 13.47 28 13  3   14  16  12  11  2   B Sword, B Lance     S Kellam      Cavalier
               Kellam  1.00 36 18  0   11  10  3   18  8   C Lance, E Axe       S Sully       Knight 10 > General
                Stahl 11.54 31 12  0   14  11  11  12  2   B Sword, D Lance     C Cordelia    Cavalier
             Cordelia 11.61 28 12  4   15  16  12  10  10  C Lance              C Stahl       Pegasus Knight
               Ricken  9.70 26  4  11  12  10  11  10  4   C Tome               B Maribelle   Mage
            Maribelle  7.21 21  0  8   7   9   8   3   9   D Staves             B Ricken      Troubadour
                Lonqu 11.81 25  8  3   15  17  9   9   3   B Sword              None          Myrmidon
                Panne  1.74 34 17  3   12  13  10  15  3   E Axe                B Gaius       Taguel 11 > Wyvern Knight
                Gaius  8.08 30  7  1   15  17  7   5   2   C Sword              B Panne       Theif
                 Nowi  5.86 20  6  1   4   3   9   3   3   - Stone              C Gregor      Manakete
               Gregor 10.30 30 12  0   13  11  8   10  2   C Sword              C Nowi        Mercenary

I think I should mention that Gaius got a really bad level up this chapter, +HP & Magic. Yuck. Good thing I gave him the robe.

Sorry for the late update, but I have two chapters this time! Here you go.

Chapter 9 & Paralogue 4

I forgot to update before going on to Paralogue 4, so I’ll just do them both at once since not much happened.
In chapter 9 I basically rushed through with my high mobility units (Cordelia, Panne and Ricken) and took out almost everyone in my way, the slightly slower units like Chrom helped clean up, and I left Lon’qu at the start to take care of the wyvern reinforcements. I gave Ricken the boss kill, now he’s about caught up with everyone else in terms of experience. I recruited Tharja and Libra as well.
Turns: 8/89
Heroes: Ricken & Maribelle
Stahl gained B support with Cordelia.
In paralogue 4 I had Maribelle rescue Anna right at the start so she didn’t hog exp or get herself killed. After recruiting her I marched everyone north, scouting ahead with Panne to get Gaius to the chests quickly and with Cordelia to dispatch the mages (who can deal chunks of damage to most other units). I got all of the chests, successfully lured Vincent out without getting anyone badly hurt, and finished him off at ranged combat over a wall. My entire party got some good exp this chapter.
Turns: 7/96
Heroes: Stahl & Cordelia
Ricken gained S support with Maribelle!
Panne gained A support with Gaius.
Nowi gained B support with Gregor.
Lon’qu gained C support with Sully.
Gold: 11515
Maintenance: Between both chapters I gave Gaius the robe from before and a Draco Shield. These two buffs will significantly increase his survivability, and he should be able to withstand two hits from most things before dying. I gave the Talisman I earned from Vincent to Stahl because later on he’s going to face trouble against mages and it’s good to have a bit of res in case he hasn’t reached paladin yet or ends up res-screwed somehow.
                      Lvl   HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WExp                 Support       Class Route
             Michelle 14.04 31 14  13  10  11  18  12  8   D Sword, C Tome      S Chrom       Tactician
                Chrom 13.41 32 13  3   14  16  12  13  4   B Sword              S Michelle    Lord
                Sully 14.70 29 14  3   15  16  12  12  2   B Sword, B Lance     S Kellam      Cavalier
               Kellam  1.00 36 18  0   11  10  3   18  8   C Lance, E Axe       S Sully       Knight 10>General
                Stahl 13.81 33 14  0   14  13  11  14  4   B Sword, C Lance     B Cordelia    Cavalier
             Cordelia 14.28 31 14  4   15  18  13  11  10  B Lance              B Stahl       Pegasus Knight
               Ricken 13.02 30  4  11  16  12  13  12  6   C Tome               S Maribelle   Mage
            Maribelle  8.75 22  1  9   7   9   8   3   10  C Staves             S Ricken      Troubadour
                Lonqu 13.21 27 11  3   17  19  11  10  4   B Sword              C Sully       Myrmidon
                Panne  4.38 37 19  3   14  15  12  17  4   E Axe                A Gaius       Taguel 11>W.R.
                Gaius 10.16 31  7  1   16  19  8   8   3   C Sword              A Panne       Theif
                 Nowi  8.86 23  9  3   4   6   12  4   3   - Stone              B Gregor      Manakete
               Gregor 10.70 30 12  0   13  11  8   10  2   C Sword              B Nowi        Mercenary

Edited by MercuryHg34