Emerald does Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Emeraldfox

19 members have voted

1. 1. I haven't leveled up yet, which stat should I focus on?

• HP only, like a boss. Who needs dorky badges or wimpy FP?
    • FP only, like a wizard. When it comes down to it, FP is best.
    • BP only, like a sheep. BAH BAH BLACK SHEEP HAVE YOU ANY BADGES BAAAAAAAHHHHHH

I started this game again when I should be sleeping. Anyway, I thought about this on Wednesday. And here we are. Oh, I'll only have Mario attack with hammers in this run. Meaning that I'll be relying on Goombella/Baby Yoshi/Vivian/Flurry for air born enemies. By the way I love to get tattles. HAMMERS AS FIRST STRIKES ONLY. Or Koops' shell attack. Eh. Either that or I'll run into the baddies.

Prologue: A Rogue's Welcome.

Eh, standard stuff. LORD CRUMP. I like him, he's way better that JR. Troopa. Goombella get. I like her, she's cool. Professor Frankly blah blah. Oh, I beat Gus.

Under Rogueport:

Off to the Thousand Year Door, yeah. I get some Goomba tattles, yeah. Paper Airplane yeaaaah. The poll is a lie yeeeeah. After all of this Frankly gives me the Power Smash badge, which I equipped. Oh yeah, I found about four Star Shards because yes. After all of that we fight a Giant Blooper. Easy. Oh, after all of that I did not gain a level. I'm going too fast.

STATS:

Level 1

HP: 10

FP: 5

BP: 3

Badge(s): Power Smash

Prologues are boring, forgive me.

Mixed.

Upgrade each stat as you see fit!

Yeah, that's what I was going to do anyway. Lulpolls. Besides, do I even need a lot of BP if I'm going hammer only?

Chapter 1: Castle and Dragon

YEAH LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD. I made my way to Petelburg while smashing goombas. I was disappointed because Norman wasn't in Petalburg. Anyway, I spoke with Kroop so I could move on and get Koops.

Road to Shhwonk Fortress:

Why is this part even listed. Hammer, hammer, headbonk, Power Smash the Bald Clefts, POW block the Bristles. QUIZ SHOW. Eh.

Shhwonk Fortress Sewers:

Fuzzies everywhere. Multibounce badge get HAHAHA. Jumping is for scrubs. Sun and Moon stones get. Now to evolve my Petilil and Nidorino. I mean, what?

Hooktail Castle:

YEAH LET'S DO THIS WHOOO HOOKTAIL YEAH. Oh, on the way here I got Koops. He's my favorite partner. Standard first dungeon nonsense. I found the red sound effects badge, but I deemed using that againt Hooktail would be scrubish. So it's sitting in my badge book, collecting dust. Shine Sprites, Ms. Mowz. The Hooktail battle was easy. Easier than I remember luuul. She has a foot fetish. KOOPS SLEW THE DRAGON AND SAVED HIS DAD. Diamond Star get. MISSION COMPLETE

STATS:

Level 5

HP: 15(+5)

FP: 15

BP: 6

Badges: Power Smash, HP Plus

Edited by Leafeon

Quake Hammer is so much win, later on. Like in Chapter 4 with those pesky Swoopers.

If only there was a hammer badge like Power Bounce. That'd be win, as well. Oh yeah, and Hammerman is the badge for you: increases power of hammer attacks at the cost of no jumping, which is what you're going for. Yeah yeah yeah.

Use this for locations of particular badges you want. Good luck, Emerald.

Yeah, that's what I was going to do anyway. Lulpolls. Besides, do I even need a lot of BP if I'm going hammer only?

expected/10

YEAH LET'S DO THIS WHOOO HOOKTAIL YEAH. Oh, on the way here I got Koops. He's my favorite partner.

YES

Koops is The Best.

The Hooktail battle was easy. Easier than I remember luuul. She has a foot fetish. KOOPS SLEW THE DRAGON AND SAVED HIS DAD. Diamond Star get. MISSION COMPLETE

Haha, foot fetish.

Keep going!

Are you going to spam Quake Hammer and those other badges when you get them? Oh, and get that one which cancels Jumping but increases your Hammer Power.

Quake Hammer is so much win, later on. Like in Chapter 4 with those pesky Swoopers.

If only there was a hammer badge like Power Bounce. That'd be win, as well. Oh yeah, and Hammerman is the badge for you: increases power of hammer attacks at the cost of no jumping, which is what you're going for. Yeah yeah yeah.

Use this for locations of particular badges you want. Good luck, Emerald.

Of course. Quake Hammer is one of the main skills I'm going for. Along with Hammer Throw and Piercing Blow. The Hammeman badge is another must, too. Maybe I'll get Fire Drive and Ice Smash too. Maybe Head Rattle.

And I intend to, Darros.

So yeah. Pre chapter stuff. I did quite a few troubles, sold some badges just to get the Hammerman badge from that guy with the back pack and contemplated the pit of 100 trials. I think the 50th floor has the pack that let's me have twenty items. YEAH WHOOO.

Chapter 2: Great Boggly Woods(!)

This is my favorite chapter. I love the way the forest looks with the multi-colored ground and the white flora. I love how the Great Tree has water and more trees in it. I'm getting ahead of myself.

Blah blah, went to the tree, left the tree because we couldn't get in, Flurrie felt naked without her necklace, QUAKE HAMMER BADGE GET, Vivian had the necklace, trounced her and her sisters, Flurrie get. Flurrie is pretty cool. Stage prescence. A huge amount of it.

Great Tree:

The best dungeon. I hate Yux now, they're a pain to deal with with no extra jumper. Had to spam Earth Tremor. Shine Sprites yeah. The Jabbi battles were silly. And funny. LORD CRUMP BATTLE YEAH. Technically Magnus Von Grapple. I was humming the Lord Crump battle theme as I was-a fightin'. Emerald Star get. MISSION COMPLETE

STATS:

Level 8

HP: 15(+5)

FP: 20(+5)

BP: 12

Badges: Power Smash, Quake Hammer, HP Plus, FP Plus, Charge

And with that, pow! I'm gone.

Yeah, floor fifty is where the satchel thing is. BTW Will you complete the whole pit of 100 trials?

As long as I've had the game, I've never completed the Pit. Lowest I've gone was about floor 70. But yeah I'm going to the satchel.

ha Emerald Star...

Any other badges that you're thinking of using?

Hmm, HP Plus (P), Defense Plus(and P), Charge P. Maybe All or Nothing.

Pre chapter nonsense. I finished up some troubles I left and some news ones. Even the one where I had to go into the Pit. Yep. Oh, I powered up my partners too. YEAH. Fire Drive badge get. I kind of like the Boos in Rogueport. Kind of. Also, is there a pattern to the slots in the Parlour? I kind of think there is one.

Chapter 3: Of Glitz and Glory

To be honest I do not understand this chapter's popularity. I just don't.

So anyway! Glitzville, where I have to fight to get the next star. Just like the last two, I'm sensing a pattern. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I sign up and wreck some fools. WASTE THEM. Along the way I get an egg, which hatched. I got a red Yoshi the first time, I deemed that color unworthy of someone of my calibur, so I retried and got a green Yoshi. Yes, a worthy color. I named him Emerald(star), Jr wouldn't fit. RIP AND TEAR. The baby Yoshi is my second/third favorite partner. MAIM THE PLEBS. Creepy stuff, major league. Oh yeah, I had to get creative and use items and specials when Grubba was all, 'No hammerls lul'. RUIN THE WHINERS. SUPER HAMMER GET AWW YEAH. More stuff. "So that's a kiss huh? I gotta get me one of those...". TRASH THOSE LOSERS. Oh hey title fight. So I get to Rawk Hawk and he's all, 'Lululul I'm the best get at me'. And I'm all, 'Lul bro do you even lift?'. Oh hey I'm the champion. Uhh, MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSLE-UP. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHO GRUBBA. I win. Gold Star get. MISSION COMPLETE. Unrelated, but Jolene is pretty cool.

STATS:

Level 11

HP: 25(+5)

FP: 20(+5)

BP: 15

Badges: Power Smash, Quake Hammer, Fire Drive, Hammerman, HP Plus, FP Plus, Charge

I can't wait to fight SMOOOOOOOOOOOOORG

Need more Fire Drive.

Also, the Pit of 100 Trials is easy if Mario and his partners are really good. I suggest going through the entire thing (go to floor 50 after Chapter 5), after beating the game. Zap Tap rocks, as well.

I wish you had video support. Commentary videos are always quite entertaining.

I wish I had video support too. Text playthroughs is how I do things.Text playthroughs are always quite entertaining.

Oh hey double post.

Pre chater stuff. ...Not much. I only did one trouble because I took on Merlee's trouble after I finished Jolene's, which required the cookbook in Creepy Steeple. WELP. Also, I powered up Emerald(star). Oh yeah, I also bought an Ice Smash badge. YEAH.

Chapter 4: For Pigs the Bell tolls

Also known as Backtracking. I have no problem with the backtracking.

Pigs everywhere, you know. Twilight Trail, Crazee Dayzees, Amazee Dayzees. Cookbook get, another Ice Smash badge get da ze. HAMMER THROW BADGE GET AWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEAH. I fought Atomic Boo, without the Hammer Throw. See, during the fight I was going to reset and unequip a badge for it after he immobolized everyone. But I decided against it and relied on Goombella. I won. Oh hey Doopliss. Doopliss pulled an Aizen. Ruby Star get. MISSION COMPLE-just kidding.

Allll the way back in town was the Shadow Sirens. Blah blah. I get back, Vivian joins me. She's my second/third favorite partner. Anywho, had to go alll the way back to the Creepy Steeple just for the letter P, and then went alll the way back to town just to tell Doopliss his name, and then go alll the way back to the Creepy Steeple to wreck Doopliss. Which I did, of course. Ruby Star get, for real. MISSION COMPLETE for real.

STATS:

Level 14

HP: 30(+5)

FP: 25(+5)

BP: 18

Badges: Power Smash, Quake Hammer, Fire Drive, Ice Smash(x2), Hammer Throw, Hammerman, HP Plus, FP Plus, Charge

By the way, Merlee gave me double the star points for both Dooplis battles. <3

Edited by Leafeon

dayum All of that experience.

I'd say you get more BP after you get like 40 HP/FP or something to unequip the HP/FP + badges and equip some others instead.

So do you have 35 HP, 30 FP due to the badges? If you do, so OP at this point in the game. If not...still kinda OP. Haha.

I can't wait until you wreck the Shadow Queen up, man.

Edited by ZMesu

Oh yeah~

There's that one badge that removes your Jump ability for +1 Hammer damage. Totally forgot about it as well as where you get it.

I think that mustache merchant dude has it. I think...

He's right in front of Zess T.'s house, Ein. He also sells the W Emblem and some other cool stuff.

He can also be seen in the Pit (of 100 Trials) on occasion.

Edited by Levant Fortner