Lunatic+ playlog/guide/walkthrough - COMPLETED

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had a Master Seal, because I could really use Lissa as a Sage right about now. C'est la vie.

OP updated with Paralogue 2. Wasn't as difficult as I thought that it might be; the clear is extremely reliable.

[spoiler=Paralogue 2: The Secret Seller]

At first glance, this map is daunting: the enemies have high stats, the village is far from your starting position, Anna will get overwhelmed almost immediately, the boss moves, and you start fairly well boxed-in. However, like Ch5, taking advantage of enemy AI and terrain makes this a pretty lucrative training chapter. I started by Second Sealing level 20 Tactician Louise to a level 1 Mercenary.

Keys to the chapter: bring plenty of Levin Sword uses (buy from Spotpass teams), get to the defensive spot as soon as possible, and pray to the RNG gods that Anna can hold out for a Turn or two.

Chrom is forced as usual, and we'll be deploying Louise, Sumia, and Lissa. For reasons of logistics, it has to be a skeleton crew, but since the goal here is to train, that won't be a problem. Some tricks and useful maneuvers that we'll be taking advantage of here:

• As a Lord, Chrom is one of the only non-flier first tier units that can actually traverse Water. It costs him 5 movement (aka, his entire range), but it's still useful here for fording the rivers. Tactician can do it as well, but Avatar is a Mercenary now, and loses the ability to do so.
  • We'll be using a movement trick that I like to call "leapfrogging". Basically what you do is Pair two units together, move them as far as possible, and then Separate them towards your objective. Next turn, you Pair up and repeat. This allows you to get further than normal. If you combine this with the first tip, and drop Chrom on Water, you can get a LOT further than normal.
  • Many enemies on this map won't attack you until either 1) you attack them, 2) you get into their aggro range, or 3) the Village is destroyed. Some don't even respond to being attacked. Every barbarian except the two on the starting bridge, will completely ignore you until the Village is crushed. The same goes for the people linked with the boss. You can actually stand right next to one of them, and they will not attack you (although they do respond to aggression).
  • The group of enemies north of your starting position, which includes the two barbarians on the bridge, are linked together. If you attack or get into range of one, they all start to move.
  • Then there are enemies on this map that I like to refer to as "free agents". The two mages in the center slice will actively move towards Anna, but have no problem diverting to one of your units if they are in range (or if she is dead).
Take a look at the tiny little four-tile island just to the northwest of the mountain range in the southeast corner of the map. You'll note that nobody except the boss can traverse Water on this map, and two tiles on that island are completely out of range on everyone (not even archers or mages can hit it). So, the strategy becomes clear: get our units there, in a hurry. From there, we can make our stand, Prologue-style.

You'll want to deploy your units such that Avatar + Sumia can land across the river, as far to the right as possible, in a place where both mages will attack you. Lissa needs to be in a spot where can carry Chrom a couple of tiles (to where Sumia started), and then Switch so that he can ford the river next Turn. Your first movement is going to look something like this:

[spoiler=This looks insane, but it's actually brilliant.]

mwjtbTV.jpg?1

While under ordinary circumstances this would be fatal, in reality everything on the screen except the mages will completely ignore you. Avatar + Sumia can handle both on Enemy Phase with a Levin Sword (Sumia's +RES helps here). If for some reason you can't take two hits, then leave yourself only in range of the bottom mage (the top one will run off to kill Anna). You may want to reset if they have Pavise+, although Chrom with a Dual Strike and an additional Player Phase attack can go a long way, so the decision is up to you. Double Luna+ can also be a pain in the ass. You have options, at any rate.

Chrom can take his next Turn to walk into the Water and dump Lissa to the right (leaves her juuust out of range of the bridge barbarians). From here, it's all circumstance. If Anna can hold out, you can take your time flying or water-walking people to the island. If she cannot (the more likely circumstance), you'll want to fly Lissa/Sumia over there as soon as possible, and have her burn a Rescue charge on the Avatar/Chrom pair to get them into position. This is possible by Turn 4, easily.

At any rate, the Village will eventually be destroyed. Once that happens, everyone will start moving, including the boss pack. Victor can walk on Water, so as quickly as possible you want to put Avatar with a Levin Sword (handily countering his Tomahawk perfectly) in a position to kill him. It will probably be a ORKO unless you don't get a DS or he spawns with Pavise+, but you have time. Because of the way that he moves, you have two Enemy Phase + one Player Phase before he'll threaten Lissa (who can always just fly over the Mountain with Sumia if she has to).

After he is dead, you can kill the rest of the map at your leisure. None of the 1-range enemies can get to you (but watch out for Counter), and none of the 2-range enemies can kill you unless you allow them to by letting them stack up for Enemy Phase, plus Lissa is here for healing. Fortunately, unlike in Ch5, the ranged enemies come at you in a very staggered fashion, and most are lolArchers that can't hurt you badly. Use Sumia as bait to corral the enemies as you please, and don't forget that Chrom can fight on the Water and/or also use the Levin swords. Avatar can stock up a lot of EXP here, thanks to Veteran and an internal level of ten. Get as much as you can, and also try to get Chrom to at least level ten for Charm while you are at it.

All in all, a breeze once you get on the island.

Turns: 42

Heroes: Louise & Chrom

Level HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Wlvl
Louise      5.16 35 23 14 13 20 21 22 7  B Swd
Chrom      12.06 29 11 3  16 13 13 11 3  C Swd
Frederick   3.17 30 15 2  13 11 6  15 4  D Swd/Axe, A Lnc
Lissa      19.79 26 7  14 12 10 21 6  12 A Stf
Miriel      9.31 32 2  12 14 17 13 9  15 A Tome

Supports   B - Louise|Frederick/Chrom/Lissa
           C - Chrom|Sully/Lissa, Louise|Miriel, Miriel|Kellam/Frederick, Frederick|Lissa
Eight level-ups total, including Charm for Chrom. Not bad. I am hoping that this crew is strong enough for Ch6; we're about to find out. And if not, I kept a save. :P

Good frigging luck with Chapter 6. Lunatic+ doesn't treat defense chapters that well. Counter spam kills defenders, pass can bypass chokes unless well placed, and Luna+ is, well Luna+.

The first thing I'm going to try to do is assassinate every Thief and just clog the Emm room full of trash to counter Pass. I have two healers, and at least two strong ranged attackers. It depends on how easily I can take out the Locktouch guys.

They all gravitate toward the centre door area and get there within 3-4 turns, IIRC, so you might have to be aggressive and eat some Counter to start, but that's more or less what I did with my duo run. Since the west door is pretty awkward for most enemies to reach, it does give you some room. Once you've killed the Thieves, you could probably turtle against the remainder (similar to how you did chapter 5) in the top left or bottom right of the big room right outside Emm's. As far as I know, the AI will only go toward her if no one is in their attack range and that room is still small enough that just passing through they'd end up seeing your clump of guys.

Another thought is, since Thieves prioritize attacking over unlocking, you could post someone unequipped one tile east of Marth. Then you just have to defend the left side with your other units. If you have a two range to spare, you could have them sit inside Emm's room and take potshots at enemies who get too close to the door or wall to attack the tanky decoy. Even if you can't assassinate all the Thieves right away, they'll get jammed up trying to kill your decoy.

I will bulldog my way through if I have to, I know that I have the personnel for the job, but I'm trying to find something that's consistent. I like the idea of the unequipped beanbag decoy; Fred + Kellam and a tonic can get up to 22 DEF, which some enemies can't even damage. I'll try to incorporate that into the final run if I can. Lissa can easily Physic all day through the wall, so I'm not concerned too much except for mages and Luna+.

One unexpected asset after a couple test runs here is Miriel. I mean, I knew she'd be useful, but she's actually kind of ridiculous. She houses the entire left-hand side: clean ORKO on all of the melee units with standard tomes, and takes no damage from the DMs. Somewhat unbelievably, she can OHKO a lot of units on this map by using Mjölnir: 12 MAG + 2 skill + 2 A-rank + Ricken support + 18mt -> 38atk. Fighters have 37 HP and 1 RES, Cavaliers are 34/2, and with 34/6 the DMs get left with 2 HP.

This is being like 3 points MAG-screwed (12 MAG when she should have 14.8), and still having a Spirit Dust in my convoy. So I could burn that and get the OHKO on everything. Since Miriel fires over the wall at Fighters/Cavs and DMs pick fights with her, she basically can hold the whole thing nearly by herself. This also negates Aegis+, since 17 SPD doubles all of her potential targets.

The other thing is that with this setup, she also OHKOs thieves with Mire. They have a 29/1 HP/RES combo, and she has exactly 30atk with Mire. I can easily rig it so that two thieves die to OHKOs on Turn 1 Enemy Phase (Frederick with Silver Lance, Avatar with a Killing Edge), leaving only two left to kill from long range.

Dark Mage Miriel for surprise Lunatic+ badassery? How did we get here?

True, Miriel is no kind of tank, even as a DM.

I could get her to 3HKO'ed if I give her Frederick or Kellam, but I will need both of those guys elsewhere on this map. I think that perhaps overwhelming offense (with Ricken and possibly Mjölnir) is the best solution to the problem. Fortunately, she can blast guys over the wall, and none the ones that can actually hurt her (fighters and cavaliers) have 2-range options, so as long as one dies every PP, she can handle herself. She gets free shots for as long as they have to run around to get at her. Chrom will be nearby with a Rapier for an emergency, and Panne shows up quickly as a good partner for him.

FrederickxKellam can blast a thief on Turn 1, and then huddle next to Marth unequipped for beanbag mode. Avatar and someone else (probably Vaike, I guess, for STR/DEF) is more than able to handle the 1-wide corridor, also taking out a thief on Turn 1. Meanwhile, Lissa can squat in the Emm room with Physic and keep people healthy. If the skills make it too hairy to hold out, I can have everyone fall back to the left corner underneath Chrom's starting position, have Miriel Mire any leftover thieves, and just man-mode turtle style.

Yes, I think that this will work. I'll try it out later tonight or tomorrow.

RL interfered for a bit, but OP is now updated with Ch6:

[spoiler=Chapter 6: Foreseer]

Welcome to Chapter 6, AKA the reason that we spent so much time training in the first place. This map is similar to Ch2, in that you're rushed right from the start (by everything, here). Unlike Ch2, we have more than two useful units, can deploy at will, and also have Wireless access.

Keys to the chapter: assassinate the thieves quickly, help Marth stay alive as long as possible, and keep enemies out of the Emm room.

Here is where we're going to break the glass on the Bonus Box and Spotpass. For this map, we'll be using Mjölnir. You'll also want to secure a Mire tome (Shadow Dragon -> Gharnef), and make sure to have one or two Physic staves available. I deploy Louise, Lissa, Miriel, Frederick, Vaike, Kellam, Ricken, Maribelle, and Sumia.

Strictly speaking, Miriel should be strong enough that normal tomes would suffice, but Mjölnir enables both OHKOs (many enemies will just outright die to a 38mt+ hit) and allows you to counter Aegis+ with overwhelming power. My Miriel is a little MAG-screwed, but with a Ricken support (and possible Dust usage), is able to get into reliable kill range here. Her previous training allows her to double, and use A-rank tomes.

Louise and Frederick will each be killing a thief on Turn 1 Enemy Phase; for this reason, you will probably want to reset if either of the thieves closest to Marth have Pavise+. Fred + Kellam on the right-hand side with a Silver lance can easily stand only in range of the thief and OHKO on counter (add a fighter if they don't have Counter and you feel up to it), and Louise with a STR tonic and Vaike support only needs about 16-17 base STR in order to insta-blick the one in the center (if she kills the fighter at 1-range, the thief will just barely reach her). It's not a problem if the fighter has Pavise+ (have Ricken or Chrom help out first), or Counter (have Lissa heal afterwards).

With this basic setup, Miriel (with or without Ricken) can finish the deal by killing the LHS fighter. She can handle this entire side for the duration of the map. Dark mages cannot fight her effectively (they will deal damage, but not enough to be dangerous), and she is able to kill the fighters and cavaliers through the wall before they can reach her. Gaius can be recruited on Turn 2 using the same method that we used for Kellam in Ch3 (walk up with Chrom, Talk, Pair Up, run away, Separate).

The general idea for finishing the rest of this chapter is to have Frederick run interference unequipped, while Miriel blows up the left hand side and Avatar does what she can in the middle (without endangering herself), with Lissa having escaped (on either Sumia or Maribelle's back) into the Emm room for Physic spam. Chrom can participate in the middle with a Panne support, but be careful with him, since he is not that durable. Hopefully Marth doesn't die too early, and is able to kill a couple guys or soak some hits. If Frederick stands next to Marth, this gives Avatar a lot of room for doing work, since enemies are reluctant to attack Avatar over Marth or Fred. It's also possible to turtle up in the room to the left of Marth, especially if Miriel aggressively pushes out the left hand side (which will give Lissa some room to work). Keep in mind that Miriel can probably OHKO a thief with Mire if it becomes necessary, only needing about 18 adjusted MAG for the job (Mire has 10mt, A-rank gives a further +2).

By the time that Validar gets to you, he should be a non-factor, since everything else will have been cleaned up already. Blow him up, and then give yourself a pat on the back, this is the last legitimately hard chapter in Lunatic+. Everything else can be powered through by over-leveling your units and playing smart.

I gave the boss kill to Louise. I want her out of Mercenary ASAP. Wish that I could have gotten that last level, but c'est la vie.

Turns: 9

Heroes: Louise & Vaike

Louise      8.99 38 23 11 14 21 22 22 7  B Swd
Chrom      13.00 29 12 3  16 13 14 12 3  B Swd
Frederick   3.34 30 15 2  13 11 6  15 4  D Swd/Axe, A Lnc
Lissa      20.00 27 7  15 12 11 21 6  13 A Stf
Miriel     10.55 33 2  12 15 18 13 9  16 A Tome

Supports   B - Louise|Frederick/Chrom/Lissa
           C - Chrom|Sully/Lissa, Louise|Miriel/Vaike, Miriel|Kellam/Frederick, Frederick|Lissa

We're now up to Ch8, and still I have zero bow users in my "bow user playthrough". Does that seem right to you? Thread updated with Ch7, spilled into my second post. I guess I should have reserved three or four of them, at this rate.

[spoiler=Chapter 7: Incursion]

While surviving on this map isn't difficult because of the mountains and mono-physical enemies, it's annoying to keep healers from getting pegged because of the flying Wyvern Riders. So we'll be approaching this chapter similar to how we did Ch5: turtle up, kill the fliers first.

Keys to the chapter: bring lots of consumables for healing, set up a defensive formation on the mountains, prioritize killing the Wyvern Riders, feed as much EXP to Avatar as possible, watch out for the Rider reinforcements after Cordelia shows up.

I'll be using Rexcalibur on Miriel (buy it from Lucia's team, sell Beaststone if you need money). She's a little bit short of a straight OHKO with Arcwind because of being 3 points MAG-screwed, and I don't want to deploy Ricken for Pair-up bonuses on this chapter because I need a place to hide Cordelia. Plus, this tome will be useful later, so it's a decent investment. So Rexcalibur it is. The OHKO ability makes Counter irrelevant unless you run into the rare Aegis+/Counter enemy (in which case just tank it unequipped and have Avatar help). Elwind is perfectly serviceable here as well, but increases your exposure to random skills, and I am going for maximum reliability.

Your defensive formation will be set up right near the starting spot, and is going to look like this:

PPPPPP
M3PPP
M12P 
MM   
M
Where P is a Peak, M is a mountain, 1 is Chrom, 2 is Avatar, and 3 is Miriel. Pairs are up to you; I choose to use Frederick and Kellam here, wherever they are needed, because there are no enemy mages. It costs 4 movement points for a tier 1 foot unit to move onto a mountain tile, so use the Pair/move/Separate trick to get people into position quickly. If you aren't in place by the end of Turn 2 Player Phase, you did something wrong.

Avatar is basically invincible, particularly once she gets Patience. The axe guys in this chapter have 20 listed HIT or less on Louise here (zero if she has a Sword equipped), and generally can't hurt her when they connect unless they have Luna+. Chrom is less durable, since his natural DEF/avoid is lower and he doesn't get the benefit of his own Charm, but he can get by if you're careful. Use a DEF tonic and Kellam/Frederick for best results.

When Cordelia arrives on the map on Turn 3, she can just barely make it to the tile beneath Chrom; leave him free by giving away his partner (or have Miriel take the partner away) so that she can hide on him immediately. This may require killing a unit first to make room, but both Miriel and Avatar are equal to the task. After you secure Cordelia, I'd suggest adjusting to this layout:

PPPPPP
3MPPP
12MP 
MM   
M
i.e., everyone shifts left. This is a safer way to deal with the forthcoming trio of Wyvern Rider reinforcements that are about to drop where Cordelia just came from (Turn 5 Enemy Phase). Since their skills are un-knowable in advance, you'll have to fight unequipped unless you can OHKO, and that means they'll have decent hit rates against Chrom. Limit his exposure. This means that ground-based enemies get Mountain bonuses, but such is life. Stow Cordelia on Avatar if you wish, so that your lowest DEF units get to use Kellam and Frederick.

From here, basically the routine is to hold out and pick off enemies as you can (trading to protect against Counter, as usual), letting Miriel take care of the Wyvern Riders to the extent possible. There are no skill combinations that will result in guaranteed restarts here, but you'll want to be careful of Hawkeye/Luna+ combo enemies, and prioritize killing them off ASAP if they exist. Use consumables to stay healthy. Everyone is adjacent to Chrom here, so they have Convoy access. Don't be shy about using Panne's Concoction if needed; an enemy here drops another one, and they will be buyable after Ch8. Keep in mind that Miriel can Mire-bomb a distant Counter unit if she has a free action.

Vasto wandered over with the last wave of three Riders, and I just blicked him with Miriel. Fin.

Turns: 9

Heroes: Louise & Frederick

Louise     11.86 40 25 13 15 23 23 23 7  A Swd
Chrom      13.35 29 12 3  16 13 14 12 3  B Swd
Frederick   3.49 30 15 2  13 11 6  15 4  D Axe, C Swd, A Lnc
Miriel     12.43 35 3  13 17 19 14 9  16 A Tome

Supports   A - Louise|Chrom
           B - Louise|Frederick/Lissa, Miriel|Kellam
           C - Chrom|Sully/Lissa, Louise|Miriel/Vaike, Miriel||Frederick, Frederick|Lissa
I hope you enjoyed the Miriel Showâ„¢ (I know I did), because it's time for her to spend time training staves as a Troubadour, with the eventual aim of Demoiselle and a Valkyrie promotion. Fortunately we don't need her offensive prowess anymore once Avatar promotes to Bow Knight, which will be happening soon after we pick up Ch8's Master Seal. Edited by Interceptor

After I get back my Awakening cartridge and finish my playlog, I'm going to do a Bottom tier vanilla Lunatic playthrough, featuring Donnel, Virion and other guests. Whadaya think

After I get back my Awakening cartridge and finish my playlog, I'm going to do a Bottom tier vanilla Lunatic playthrough, featuring Donnel, Virion and other guests. Whadaya think

I think Donnel will turn into a soloist <_<

OP updated with Paralogue 3. A lot easier than I expected. I should finally have a bow user by the end of Ch8 at the latest. REAL TALK.

[spoiler=Paralogue 3: A Strangled Peace]

This chapter is about as standard as they come: turtle up and get some EXP. Forget about saving the Villagers; they are toast. It's a bummer to miss out on the Robe, but this is Sparta Lunatic+.

Keys to the chapter: carve out a defensive position, feed your units, don't forget to pick up the Blessed Bow.

We'll be deploying Avatar, Frederick, Kellam, Lissa, and Miriel. There's no need for fliers or big guns here. First things first, use a Second Seal (if you have one), and reclass Miriel to Troubadour.

[spoiler=For some reason, she keeps the hat.]wARezsi.jpg?1

There are a couple of good spots to dig in on this map; the best is probably the boss area, since it has a choke and good terrain, but we'll be scooting into the upper left corner since Troubadours can't stand on Mountains. To your immediate left are an Archer, Mercenary, and Fighter. If someone stands to the right of the Fighter, you'll also attract a Pegasus Knight (not necessary to draw over, but convenient).

Pegs at this point of the game are basically made of glass. With a Killing Edge, STR tonic, and a B-rank Frederick support, Avatar only needs 18 STR to OHKO, even with WTD, to say nothing of what happens if you use one of the Bonus Box swords. You can't blick the Fighter, but he's easy to finish if Chrom weakens with a Levin first. This leaves only the Merc and Archer to deal with. In the event that you have some Pavise+ to deal with, just take a little longer to clear. Most of the enemies here will be going after the Villagers, so you have a window before you get blocked out. Naturally, if the enemies here on the LHS don't have Counter, Avatar can just (wo)man-mode them by herself.

After you clear a path, just hole up in the corner with Lissa/Fred, Miriel/Kellam, and Avatar/Chrom (we want some Dual Strike EXP) from left to right. Lissa exists here only to heal Miriel in case one of the 2-range units gets saucy. Since you're killing two Archers while establishing initial position, that leaves only three units left that can actually hit Miriel anyway: two Archers from the RHS, and a Short Spear Knight.

Kill whatever comes at you, trading as needed for Counter (Chrom in the Water with Levin also works if you need chip damage for Counter). If you luck out and get an enemy with Hawkeye that can actually hurt Avatar, you can get a couple levels on Miriel while blasting over the head with Levin (switch to Mend once she has D Staves, for more EXP). Clean up the mob, and kill the rest at your leisure (they don't move until you are in range). Don't forget to pick up the Blessed Bow from the village; it's a very important item for this run.

Turns: 40

Heroes: Louise & Chrom

Louise     16.00 44 25 15 17 25 27 27 9  A Swd
Chrom      14.91 30 12 3  17 13 14 12 3  B Swd
Miriel      4.28 36 2  14 18 22 15 7  18 D Stf
Frederick   3.49 30 15 2  13 11 6  15 4  D Axe, C Swd, A Lnc

Supports   A - Louise|Chrom/Frederick
           B - Louise|Lissa, Miriel|Kellam
           C - Chrom|Sully/Lissa, Louise|Miriel/Vaike, Miriel||Frederick, Frederick|Lissa
Louise is turning out nicely; she has capped STR, and is about to cap SPD and DEF. Her days as a tier 1 unit are nearly over. I expect that she'll be able to finish her S-rank support with Chrom by the end of the next chapter.

Miriel only needs another 6 levels before she's eligible for Valkyrie training, finally.

Edited by Interceptor

You used too many units in that chapter >_>.

Noice job, I can tell you some AI quirks for the next chapter:

• The fighter and DM combo on the left village won't move till you get in range of the DM.
  • The last wave at the bottom won't move till you are in range of the killing edge Myrm.
  • Nowi missed with a 91% against the boss and died, oh wait that isn't an AI quirk.

That's it.

You used too many units in that chapter >_>.

Hey man, only so much EXP to go around, and I really want to have a strong Bow Knight for Ch9. Chrom can get levels from DS, Miriel isn't a combatant anymore, and that pretty much empties my bench. Gregor will be next! Not sure yet if I want him to spend time as a Myrmidon, or just go right to Barbarian.

Noice job, I can tell you some AI quirks for the next chapter:

• The fighter and DM combo on the left village won't move till you get in range of the DM.
  • The last wave at the bottom won't move till you are in range of the killing edge Myrm.
  • Nowi missed with a 91% against the boss and died, oh wait that isn't an AI quirk.
Cool, thanks. Being able to take my time is going to help quite a bit. There aren't a whole lot of chapters where I am not constrained in some way or another. Edited by Interceptor

Just so you know, Gregor sucks so hard I'm not even joking. If you want him to get anywhere he needs an Eirika's blade or a Brave Sword. But I think he is the default best support for Nowi, +Speed and +Def.

Also, I was being sarcastic with the too many units xD.

Edited by 1% critted

Gregor makes an alright Warrior. He's not amazing, but I don't have any amazing options, and I can't wait until Morgan/Lucina to add another unit to the army. The reason that I am wrapping him through Myrm first, is so that he gets Vantage and Avoid +10, while stocking a bit of SPD on the way.

No grind? Should be interesting. I've always wondered how viable it would be to get Donny up to speed on Luna and Luna+.

Just so you know, Gregor sucks so hard I'm not even joking. If you want him to get anywhere he needs an Eirika's blade or a Brave Sword. But I think he is the default best support for Nowi, +Speed and +Def.

Also, I was being sarcastic with the too many units xD.

What's wrong with Gregor? I think he's great; he's balanced, has a good class set, and comes early enough with a decent level. Sure, he has some speed issues but that's what supports are for and IMO Speed is the easiest stat to fix with a support partner (I mean, you have plenty of people like Lon'Qu, Cordelia, Sumia, Anna, etc. running around without support partners in any given run). Then again, if you are marrying Gregor and Nowi it ensures that Gregor remains mediocre in the SPD department.

Edited by Walhart

I've used Gregor thrice, one with Sully, one with Panne, and one with Nowi. His speed was never up to par, and his offense was lacking about the time Fred was lacking as well. The time he did best was with Panne, and that was because he had 2 eirika's blade to fix his speed. Even as a Hero I found him lacking.

He is a great support and parent though.

And yes, no grinding on my bottom tier playthrough. Grinding is 4 nub fgts.

Edited by 1% critted

I've used Gregor thrice, one with Sully, one with Panne, and one with Nowi. His speed was never up to par, and his offense was lacking about the time Fred was lacking as well. The time he did best was with Panne, and that was because he had 2 eirika's blade to fix his speed. Even as a Hero I found him lacking.

He is a great support and parent though.

And yes, no grinding on my bottom tier playthrough. Grinding is 4 nub fgts.

Ehhhh... fair enough. Gregor hasn't really turned out that great for me statwise, I've just always thought he would be popular on higher difficulties because he is immediately usable at a point in the game where everyone that isn't named Avatar or Frederick (or maybe Chrom) needs to be babied if they are going to have any chance of being useful.

Well, the time with Sully, I insta promoted him to hero because I had already ditched Fred. And I wanted early Sol. Oh boi, what a huge mistake that was. I ended up getting Sol at chapter 17, and his stats sucked so bad that he was just Sully support. I can't argue that he makes a great parent, and has good support, but the man is just eh.

And at that point of the game, my party is almost always ready and better than him ( all at level 10).

Edited by 1% critted