Shining Force Tips?

MacLovin

Doesn't matter if your using Kega Fusion or Gens+. Both should be the same except if your using save states. When you start your game and see the Sega logo appear on screen press A, B, or, C. I don't remember exactly which button to press but one of those buttons lets you access the advanced menu to format your ram cart. After formating your ram cart you should be able to load the game when your on the title screen.

Late promotions do make your characters stronger but definately isn't needed to beat the game.

Edited by Siruppercut

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder if Shade is worth it in the long run.

He's got 32 att with the robin arrow thing, and stock has centaur move issues and 6 move.

Apis is a bro and never dies to anything.

Stock is better than Shade but I wouldn't use either if playing without any exp grinding. The Bird Warriors are extremely good only in SF CD and well worth using especially Claude. I don't remember the other ones name but would recommend using both. Also Domingo is very good but nothing like the first Shining Force where he had extremely high defense. I believe he learns Spark magic unlike the first SF game. Its been a long time so I'm not sure but either way he was the best offensive mage in the game.

playing with this.

is there anything i might want to know about sfCD so i don't get shocked.

damn, why are the paladins and birdmen so good.

Shade and Stock are both really good for some reason.

Edited by Aquaman

Only thing that shocked me was how good the Birdmen turns out. All the other SF games I played they either sucked or was average at best. Reason I don't use Shade was his low def which reminds me of a Sniper in Fire Emblem. Good attack but low defense. Stock always turns out good though or at least better than Shade. Apis reminds me of Dantares from SF3 Scenario 1. You start out with both of them but they are also the strongest paladins/character. Domingo is a secret character that you can miss. There is another Domingo look alike that learns aura 1-4.

Also the face portraits look much better in Book 2. I don't know what happened to Nick's face but his looks improved drastically.

well i can say that Gyan kinda sucks in book 1.

Ditched him for some KASHING.

oh and Shriek is pretty bro. 2HKO's and OHKO's things with the crit sword.

I'm playing at a brisk pace so everyone's going to promote after Edmonds battle map. Claude is turning really bulky. Domingo is kind of a good nuke though.