The Foreseer Paradox

Myke

time travel is complicated

Yeah, that's complicated, and even moreso if the route taken is non-parallel world time travel.

Parallel-world time travel is less prone to paradox, assuming the writers didn't mess up with their writing.

I don't think this topic is even about the forseer paradox anymore... and moreso on the general mindscrew time travel shenanigans.

Like there was even a paradox in the first place because we ALL know that the localization botched that up and created that "paradox".

Awakening's timelines are flawed in more ways than one. I guess it's easier simply to accept it for how it's presented and not question it logically.

Of course, this paradox is covered under the Avatar = Morgan theory.

I don't think this topic is even about the forseer paradox anymore...

Like there was even a paradox in the first place because we ALL know that the localization botched that up and created that "paradox".

Even in the localized version I'm not seeing a paradox at all.

If the wound was great, as Lucina claims - so much so that it would set in motion a chain of events leading to his demise - then by stopping the assassin, she is indirectly saving Chrom's life in such a manner that she could, even if she hadn't, still return to tell the tale so long as he wasn't stabbed in his Falchion.

It both works and is in my opinion more engaging writing.

And that subtitle match those of what dialogue said in english instead of the actual japanese script

Clarify what you mean here.

In English, Lucina says something completely different than the Japanese version. Which... leads to the OP's "paradox".

Those are the English subtitles, for that localized dialogue, even if you play with the Japanese voices.

Clarify what you mean here.

In English, Lucina says something completely different than the Japanese version. Which... leads to the OP's "paradox".

Those are the English subtitles, for that localized dialogue, even if you play with the Japanese voices.

Oh, sorry because what I mean is exactly what you said there, I forgot that the game offers subtitle in general :(

I might be mistaken for some game that offers no cinematic subtitle there >.<

Its more like Worldline theory from Stein's Gate.

Parrallel Universe, not the same.

Avatar comes from somewhere else, but remains with his/her spouse.
Laurent and some other children return back to their own universe despite it being destroyed.

Tiki died.

They never 'revive/resurrect' any heroes earlier. The downloadable characters are in form of Cards.

Tiki died.

That reminds me of a silly paradox:

If you have Lucina paired with Laurent, recruit and kill off Tiki, then view the character endings...you end up with "Lucina was reunited with Tiki and Naga and thanked them for helping to usher in peace" and shortly after you have Tiki's spot say she died.

TANGENT TO THE TOPIC. *shot*

Edited by Tsamimi

I think that the time traveling in Awakening works like it does in Dragon Ball Z (an anime). In DBZ, Trunks went back in time to reverse the events that happened in his future, the ones that led to the deaths of everyone save him and his mother, Bulma. However, it was later realized that even though Trunks's interference DID change things a lot, it did not affect his timeline at all. Thus, a new, alternate timeline was created instead by his hand.

What I'm saying is that I think Lucina's going back in time did the same thing. It created a new timeline and an entirely different future while her own time remained unchanged. Heck, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Awakening's plot was based partly on DBZ. They both DO originate in Japan and FE is anime-styled.

This. I was going to reference the same thing, but you took the words right out of my mouth... Er, idea right out of my... Typing Fingers? Edited by Saint

Oh, sorry because what I mean is exactly what you said there, I forgot that the game offers subtitle in general :(

I might be mistaken for some game that offers no cinematic subtitle there >.<

Btw, have your subtitles.

Oh my Naga, you guys, I just thought of something that is super funny (to my dry taste in humor, anyways...)

Ok, so if Chrom didn't go to the castle Ylisstol's courtyard (or whatever that is. Wait, Ylisstol is capital not the castle right?), doesnt that mean he would be sleeping, and Lucina would stand in front of his bed watching him in await for the assassins.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Hush, now, father, I am about to save your life...You may go back to sleep.... I'll be here.... Watching."

Edited by Saint

I assumed on this one that either a) they couldn't find the ritual on this one to return to their home (didn't Trunks still have his time machine? It's been a long while) or b) they just DIDN'T want to go back (and I don't blame them in the slightest).

Actually, In her A support with Chrom, Lucina states that she probably can't return to her own time. A