Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to tell you all about the wonders of Soma wielding a Valmanway in the game-no, the epic quest known as Castlevania: Harmony of Despair (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmony_of_Despair). The blades of the Somanway Alliance (henceforth to be called S.A.) deal four hits in a button press, leading to high damage to whatever enemy you face. Adding in the Berserker Mail, which increases our Attack, the Succubus soul, which heal us for every hit we do, and the Medusa Head Soul, which lets us levitate in mid-air, and S.A.'s astute fighters are the perfect killing machines.

Need to clear a chapter quickly? Somanway.

Need to get gear, manuals, or souls? Somanway.

Need to clear out a room full of monsters? Somanway.

Someone in your team is doing terribly due to not being a Somanway? Protect them with your Somanway.

Need to help your team deal damage to that Final Guard that's in your way? Somanway will do that easily.

Need to go slowly due a Charlotte who needs to get spells, or one of the whip-users needing to level up their sub-weapons? Choose someone else, because Somanway will go too quickly for their needs.

In short, Somanway is the only way.

The efficiency of the people in S.A. is only matched by our brethren in the Yasucard Troop (Y.T., which is the home of Alucards wielding Yasustunas). Their Soul Stealing capabilities, and their Dark Metamorphosis go hand in hand with our Medusa-soul levitating, Succubus-soul healing capabilities. Plus, combining our powers to perform a Demonic Megiddo is truly a (deadly) sight to see.

In order to become a true Somanway, you must follow these rules:

[spoiler=RULES OF THE SOMANWAY ALLIANCE]

I. Wield a Valmanway.

-IA. Make it your main weapon.

--IA1. Dual wield Valmanways if possible.

---IA1a. Now dual wield Valmanway+1s.

II. Wear the Berserker Mail.

-IIA. Now don't die like a noob.

III. Use the Succubus soul.

-IIIA. Now collect 8 more of them.

IV. Use either the Medusa Head soul or the R. Medusa soul.

-IVA. Now collect 8 more of them.

--IVA1. Now master using it.

V. Earn the Puppet Master Soul.

-VA. Now collect 8 more of them.

--VA1. Now master performing the chapter 10 skip glitch.

---VA1a. Using the Yorick soul helps.

VI. If you're the leader of the team, boot anyone using Jonathan.

-VIA. On that note, make sure to keep anyone using Richter or Julius. Or Simon.

--VIA1. Especially Simon.

VI. Help the team or go off on your own- it's your choice.

-VIA. If you choose to go on ahead, make sure to go with a fellow Somanway or one of our Yasucard brethren.

VII. Waters of Life are better used on your teammates who can keep up with you, such as your fellow Somanways or a Yasucard.

-VIIA. If there are any Waters of Life left over, don't use them up like an asshole and actually leave some for the lesser skilled people. Unless you choose to be an asshole and use them up.

VIII. Do NOT face chapter 7 boss. If you do, at the very least have an alternate weapon equipped.

-VIIIA. This is because you will kill your allies if charmed you will only do 1 attack per hit.

[spoiler=Note] Somas who use the Valmanway to fight, yet die very quickly, are not Somanways. They are merely called blenders. Don't be a blender, be a Somanway.

Now, with this information in mind, go off, my future Somanway brethren! Go off and show those bosses the true way to fight- the Somanway!

I find the fact that I posted this funny because I usually main Richter. Besides, suck with Soma.

And yes, I'm back.

It's always Soma or Alucard isn't it.

Sometimes there's people playing as Richter and Julius. Sometimes Yoko and Charlotte. Sometimes Maria. But most of the time it's Soma or Alucard cutting shit up.

Juste Belmont

Wind gem and Bible combo. Or Ice gem and Bible, whatever floats your boat

Er...what would most fit me?

Who, firstly. Secondly, I think that you'd be Richter Belmont (http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Richter_Belmont/Harmony_of_Despair). He goes for the practicality, compared to most of the other whip users and their Martial Arts, and their Omnia Vanitas canceling, and their Danger Knee. He can only whip left and right, and he has a few martial arts and sub-weapons which aren't as outlandish as others (like Jonathan with a freaking wrecking ball), but he's a pretty cool guy. I (try to) main Richter, and he can do pretty good. Oh, and he can kill things with Hydro Storm in SoTN (http://youtu.be/Vrze-nKw9zQ?t=4m43s).

Who, firstly. Secondly, I think that you'd be Richter Belmont (http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Richter_Belmont/Harmony_of_Despair). He goes for the practicality, compared to most of the other whip users and their Martial Arts, and their Omnia Vanitas canceling, and their Danger Knee. He can only whip left and right, and he has a few martial arts and sub-weapons which aren't as outlandish as others (like Jonathan with a freaking wrecking ball), but he's a pretty cool guy. I (try to) main Richter, and he can do pretty good. Oh, and he can kill things with Hydro Storm in SoTN (http://youtu.be/Vrze-nKw9zQ?t=4m43s).

Richter Belmont it is.

Also did you see my avatar? I figured you'd like it because Touhou. XD

Richter Belmont it is.

Also did you see my avatar? I figured you'd like it because Touhou. XD

You also get to be the main character of what is considered to be one of the best Castlevanias, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

Of course I like it. Touhou is awesome.

Needs more Crissagrim.

Always more Crissagrim.

The Valmanway is the Crissaegrim. >_>

I Somanway'd way back on the 360 release.

I really miss this game, the online is dead on both 360 and PS3 whenever I feel like playing :(

>implying Yatsutsuna wasn't nerfed

Ha.

Really? Whenever I've played, I've had luck getting atleast two people to join my party. And This one time there was a guy trying to get all the items in the game, he only needed the Retro Boots from Chp. 10 hard. The point is, I always have luck finding people, and it helps that some of my XBox friends have the game. If you want, I can tell you my XBox username and we can fight some monsters.

>It was? Anyway, I see Alucards use either the Valmanway, or the Yasucard because you can run and kill. Anyone who doesn't probably doesn't like the setup or can't use the setup.

I'd take you up on that if my XBL hadn't expired recently :(

I remember grinding so much for a Valmanway, only to find out that my brother (who had no idea Valmanway was as OP as it is) had already gotten 2 for me just because he liked running through Chapter 6. And of course literally everyone went crazy when the Valmanway+1 was added in some DLC I can't remember.

The Yasus used to hit like 2 - 3 times per swing and actually did comparable damage to the Valmanways before it got nerfed to only hit one time. I guess they nerfed it because they were really easy to get on Normal Mode or something.

Berserker Mails were cool too. Soma broke that too with the Succubus soul, but Johnathan could actually do double digit damage to Final Guards with his Martial Arts + Berserker Mail. I actually felt useful doing that when I didn't feel like going Somanway :P

I remember Yorick jumping being pretty great too, and then there's that Chapter 10 elevator glitch that everyone was so relieved to find.

Totally not rambling here

Edited by PKLucas531

You also get to be the main character of what is considered to be one of the best Castlevanias, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

Of course I like it. Touhou is awesome.

The Valmanway is the Crissaegrim. >_>

I know. I'm just being weird.

I'd take you up on that if my XBL hadn't expired recently :(

I remember grinding so much for a Valmanway, only to find out that my brother (who had no idea Valmanway was as OP as it is) had already gotten 2 for me just because he liked running through Chapter 6. And of course literally everyone went crazy when the Valmanway+1 was added in some DLC I can't remember.

The Yasus used to hit like 2 - 3 times per swing and actually did comparable damage to the Valmanways before it got nerfed to only hit one time. I guess they nerfed it because they were really easy to get on Normal Mode or something.

Berserker Mails were cool too. Soma broke that too with the Succubus soul, but Johnathan could actually do double digit damage to Final Guards with his Martial Arts + Berserker Mail. I actually felt useful doing that when I didn't feel like going Somanway :P

I remember Yorick jumping being pretty great too, and then there's that Chapter 10 elevator glitch that everyone was so relieved to find.

Totally not rambling here

Aww, that sucks. :(

I only barely got one Valmanway from Chapter 7 Hard, after lots of grinding. I'm pretty sure Valmanway+1s are obtainable in chapter 10 hard or 11 hard.

No kidding? I also only got one Yasustuna from, I think, a hard mode chapter. I don't remember.

Oh? That sounds pretty cool. Jonathan still sucks for not being Simon, Richter or Julius.

Yep, the Yorrick soul is awesome. Especially when you use it to skip through all of chapter 10.

I'm not either.

I know. I'm just being weird.

Oh ok.

Vampire Killer was actually the reason I started with Jonathan instead of anyone else, since the game didn't have any actual Belmonts when I got it. :Knoll:

It was fun having a maxed out Jonathan, since his subweapons can actually kill everything before most people can reach them. I remember outdoing some Somanways even but they were still more useful on a lot of other things ;_;

Pff, you kids and your crazy overpowered weapons. Real vampire hunters only need a leather whip and really big muscles. :B):

You gain strength by leveling your subweapons. You how tedious that is right. Besides, after a while their whip turns into a metal whip with a morning star at the tip.

Vampire Killer was actually the reason I started with Jonathan instead of anyone else, since the game didn't have any actual Belmonts when I got it. :Knoll:

It was fun having a maxed out Jonathan, since his subweapons can actually kill everything before most people can reach them. I remember outdoing some Somanways even but they were still more useful on a lot of other things ;_;

Oh right. DLC.

Did it take you forever to max them out? Like glitch through chapter 10

I think they fixed the exploit in the PS3 version or something but in the 360 version you can just go in Survival + Hard Mode with a friend and put whatever you want to level up on B + Down, then hold down, mash LB and B until Gergoth is dead. You need to use that one ring that makes you use HP for MP, so when you run out of HP you just jump into Gergoth and die, then respawn with max HP to spam some more.

You can go from level 1 to Level 6 on most weapons(some weapons like the Cross and Holy Water are glitchy and only work if you put them on every single direction and alternate which direction you use) in only 5 minutes. But Levels 6 - 9 takes forever :/ at least with most subweapons at Level 6 whoever you exploited will be pretty powerful already.

Yoko and Shanoa are the easiest since they barely have any subweapons.

I think they fixed the exploit in the PS3 version or something but in the 360 version you can just go in Survival + Hard Mode with a friend and put whatever you want to level up on B + Down, then hold down, mash LB and B until Gergoth is dead. You need to use that one ring that makes you use HP for MP, so when you run out of HP you just jump into Gergoth and die, then respawn with max HP to spam some more.

You can go from level 1 to Level 6 on most weapons(some weapons like the Cross and Holy Water are glitchy and only work if you put them on every single direction and alternate which direction you use) in only 5 minutes. But Levels 6 - 9 takes forever :/ at least with most subweapons at Level 6 whoever you exploited will be pretty powerful already.

Yoko and Shanoa are the easiest since they barely have any subweapons.

Yeah, you could do that. But you'd need a willing partner to perform that glitch with. >_>

I haven't really used Shanoa because I initially thought she was weak, but I think I could start using her now that I know her gimmick/playstyle.

Valmanway is the best. I wholeheartedly enjoyed every moment I spent using it.

SO FAST
SO BLINDINGLY FAST

MASH ATTACK BUTTON
OBTAIN MAXIMUM DAMAGE
SO FAST
SO BLINDINGLY FAST