Enter: The Arena - Fire Emblem Character discussion Thread.

TharjaAssault

Eh not if it was like the Pokemon Trainer or Zelda/Sheik, I think the problem they're having with the Ice Climbers is because they're both on the screen at the same time. If they were to do a Ephraim/Eirika or Chrom/Lucina duo the same way as the PT or Z/S, then I don't think it'd be a problem.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would a duo feature even be plausible for these next games? It would be a very tricky thing to implement from a technical standpoint, and of course there is always the risk of causing imbalance issues, whether from being too powerful or too impractical.

if it's Pokemon Trainer style then it shouldn't really matter

I doubt they'd have time for ICs mode though

inb4 Marvel-style switching

Revamping Roy is not a problem if Sakurai calls on it. There's plenty of things they could pull from FE6 to make Roy distinct. Like what has already been said, the FE newcomers all have unique things about them; they could all have different movesets if Sakurai really wants to.

There are a lot of de-cloned Roy movesets out there. I've actually made a de-cloned moveset myself. Though I didn't put too much thought into it, the point still stands, Roy has enough potential to become unique. I don't mind posting my moveset if you peeps would like to read it.

As for the duo feature, I guess if it's not like the Ice Climbers situation, but more like a Zelda/Sheik it could work...I'm not sure... The thing is, even then I'm not fond of how Z/S plays; the synergy is practically nonexistent because of the transformation lag (should really be able to switch for combos), balance between Zelda and Sheik, and other reasons. However, Sakurai is making some changes to characters' gameplay, so I do have some hope that Z/S might be fixed up.

And as for why they're having issues with the ICs...uh I might need to check back on that one (though I'm sure someone else knows). I think one of the problems is having 4 playable ICs at the same time = lag.

Edited by Lugh

And as for why they're having issues with the ICs...uh I might need to check back on that one (though I'm sure someone else knows). I think one of the problems is having 4 playable ICs at the same time = lag.

no items

ICs only

Final Destination

Kinda off-topic but concerning the IC problems they're apparently having, I don't really understand WHY they're having issues. I mean, isn't the 3DS as powerful as the Wii? So why would there be a problem in the first place?

The 3DS has a slower processor that the Wii IIRC. The AIs of the IC partner would probably put a lot of strain on the CPU, and might lead to significant lag.

The 3DS has a slower processor that the Wii IIRC. The AIs of the IC partner would probably put a lot of strain on the CPU, and might lead to significant lag.

Was totally unaware of that lol...ignore my dumb brain. Well, still, hope they sort it out.

Yeah, I think one of the problems for the 3DS is ram; having 4 playable ICs would technically make 8 ICs on screen causing problems (unlike Pokemon Trainer, they're not pre-loaded and requires AI for the CPU). Perhaps this extends to having a lot of complex objects on the screen at once becoming a problem as well...I'm not too sure.

I'm sure they'll come up with a solution. Sakurai has specifically highlighted the IC problem. Perhaps they just need to be re-worked a little.

Eh, this doesn't affect me since I've never been interested in the Ice Climbers. But I hope Sakurai gives Ike Ragnell's ranged attack this time and finds a way to dumb it down like he did with Aether. Aether was originally a broken skill too. It almost always OHKO'd and had a second strike in it, not to mention healing powers. It doesn't have any of these properties in Brawl.

For Ragnell's ranged attack, I say make the shockwave move slower and not do as much damage. But not to the point where it would be too weak to balance Ike out.

Edited by Anacybele