What difficulty and mode do you play on when you are trying to 100% the game?

Zerker

Preferences  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Difficulty?

2. 2. Classic or Casual?

So, when starting a run in which you know you're going to (or at least try) to 100% everything, what difficulty do you play on?

And what mode, as well?

I typically go with Lunatic+ or Lunatic, CAS, myself (because bragging rights and showing off to streetpassers).

I end up restarting these files a lot, since I screw up pairings along the way accidentally, and then hating myself for it.

I've gotta go with Lunatic Casual. There is something very important about being able to not worry if a scrubby parent like Henry or Maribelle whom I hadn't used at all during the main game gets KOed because of counter or some such nonsense in one of the grind heavy, just press "auto" styled maps and not worrying if one of them ends up dead because they'll be back once the chapter is done. During the main game it barely matters, but in post-game training it is wonderful. Plus I kinda like the idea of being able to quick save at will just for utility sake.

Hard Casual.

Lunatic's too much of a pain because Chapter 6, and Lunatic+ is JUST NO once you get to Chapter 3 (Chapter 2 isn't that bad). Casual because I'm going to reset anyway if a unit dies on Classic.

What do you mean by 100% everything? In terms of characters, I will get everyone anyway. In terms of grind everyone to all max? None of them. Grinding is tedious for me and I have a lot more fun playing storyline.

Lunatic Classic.

If I'm gonna 100% the game, I want it to be on the hardest difficulty I'm comfortable with.

I may wind up changing my vote to Lunatic+ Classic, though, because I've started that one with a +Spd/-Lck Avatar, and I prefer that to +Def, and I'll be optimizing pairings and skill passing this time.

Define what you mean.

I do my support grinding on Normal/Casual-- reeking boxes make everything about it smoother.

But my current "main" file where upon I'm grinding out everyone after clearing the game without Outrealms is Lunatic+/Casual.

I always play casual because classic's just too sad for me. I'd just reset anyways and resetting just causes frustration and get really mad when frustrated. For difficulty? I play either Normal or Hard. No way am I even going NEAR Lunatic.

Edited by FEUltiX+

Usually Hard. Although, I try Lunatic sometimes for good challenge. Even though it's annoying as hell that they love to surround you alot. I do Hard mostly because of that!

Edited by 綾波

Well i have yet to actually 100% the game. I dont have the Challenge pack either because i dont think i really want/need that.

But in terms of what difficulty i use, it defaults to Hard. Normal is just not that fun to be honest. (and i like easy stuff...usually) Normal is just a little too easy to play. I go Casual because fuck the police.

I thought I had a lot of experience with FE, so I finally played one on hard (it was tough until I got Inigo... Aha, Inigo. My first and best kid, basically solos the game, with a little help from cousin Owain).

Classic because I'm a elitist traditionalist. Okay, I'm both.

Edited by Valorous_Roland

Hard/Classic. Lunatic's 50 internal level cap, fun with skirmishes and lack of exp from spotpass teams makes setting up the second gen too much of a pain.

I usually go with Lunatic/Classic since I just feel like Hard's being too easy for me. Then again, I grind and don't mind burning time for it, so that's probably why I barely felt any challenge as I mow through the chapters. Hard mode does make grinding easier, though, since yay, Reeking Boxes that I could use.

I guess I'm just too used to the concept of grinding--been doing that to plenty of games.

But I should reaaaaally go bother my Lunatic+ (untouched ever since I completed the first freaking four chapters that are ohsohard to get past) file for a serious 100% completion. :T

Edited by Parsee

But I should reaaaaally go bother my Lunatic+ (untouched ever since I completed the first freaking four chapters that are ohsohard to get past) file for a serious 100% completion. :T

Yes you really should

You really don't have an excuse now that you have DLC unlocked :U