Finally Finished Gaiden!

Naglfar94

Well I just finished FE2 and I have to say it was great and hard! yes the final battle really made the game I loved how Celica and Alm`s armies joined as one! Doma was not that hard I had Alm do his support critical attack with Celica. Gray died on this run though I had him as a Bow Knight lost him from other bow knights and I could not find the secret shrine to revive him :( his growths and stats were bad anyway Paison was great with the Holy Bow. Umm wow this is so random Lol I don`t know why I felt the need to announce that I beat this game but I guess while I`m at it I`ll make a list of best units I had during this run.

Alm`s Party

Alm (late in game at first I thought he was bad due to bad speed)

Cliff (bad at first though but was great with a thunder sword and being a dread fighter late in)

Ruka (great Baron I gave him the magic shield to make him even better)

Dyute (I never did promote her though but somehow she lived through last chapter)

Silk (she was perfect once she promoted she was awesome speed ring worked well on her)

Zeke/Camus (he is always great no matter what game)

Matilda (best speed and great stats all around she was second best gold knight next to Zeke)

Ryute (gave him a magic ring and had him use Excalibur from far)

Paison (Holy Bow worked well on him)

Clea ( at first she was horrible but an alright Falcon Knight gave Holy Lance)

Celica`s party

Celica (she had some problems with speed early on but got good after gave Holy Sword for main weapon)

Saver(Great with the Hero Sword)

May (high magic nothing else she started out my best but then I got sonia)

Jenny (her Illusion spell helped distract enemies early on gave Holy Ring)

Palla (great even when she first came)

Catria (great when she first came angel ring made her perfect mage killer)

Est (always great for me gave silver lance triangle attack is the best thing to happen in this game)

Sonia (her high stats+steel shield made her a dream come true since she got high def and can use mag)

Atlas (eh turned ok as a gold knight)

Kamui (did not use for final but was great with the darkness sword then later silver sword)

and that was it those were the main units I used during this playthrough so next game I will try is FE1 I wonder what the first one is like?

Thanks man! it was some really annoying moments in that one and leveling up took hours unless you find mummies to fight. *gives high five back*

Glad you enjoyed the game :) There's also a fan remake of the game using SRPG Maker 95, that has some small changes here and there. If you really enjoyed the game, why not give it another playthrough? VincentASM used to host the necessary files and translation, but if he no longer has then, I think I have a copy hiding somewhere or other.

FE1 on the original Famicom is clunky, confusing, and unoptimzed as shit D: Give it a go, but some of the choices for level design and scripting are pretty bland. This game is a good example of how a very first entry in a then-unknown series can play out to be so bad, but give rise to a complete series that is so good.

Edited by Celice

oh really? I`ll have to look for that one and give it a try back before I joined up here when I was lurking around before becoming a member I saw a few hacks available for download and stuff but I never did try any thanks! for telling me off that.

Glad you enjoyed the game :) There's also a fan remake of the game using SRPG Maker 95, that has some small changes here and there. If you really enjoyed the game, why not give it another playthrough? VincentASM used to host the necessary files and translation, but if he no longer has then, I think I have a copy hiding somewhere or other.

FE1 on the original Famicom is clunky, confusing, and unoptimzed as shit D: Give it a go, but some of the choices for level design and scripting are pretty bland. This game is a good example of how a very first entry in a then-unknown series can play out to be so bad, but give rise to a complete series that is so good.

Congrats. Your team looks like it turned out pretty good. Team Falconknight is hilarious against all of the monsters in the end. Also, your choice of Matilda (and Catria! : D) shows you have good taste. : P

FE1 is decent, but it's quite a bit different from Gaiden. As an NES strategy game, it definitely has its flaws, but I still recommend at least giving the first few chapters a look. It's a, er, unique Fire Emblem experience!

FE1 is, put simply pathetically easy

Remember FE11 Sheeda? now replace Sheeda with Marth and you get a simmilar scenario

Hahahaha, really now? Wanna debate FE1 Marth against FE11 Sheeda?

Edited by SRC

yeah I started FE1 last night its not as hard as Gaiden and EXP goes up at a decent rate Marth is awesome! Sheeda still has her greatness too but Marth is just wow in this one I see him growing to be strong later in game.

FE1 is, put simply pathetically easy

Remember FE11 Sheeda? now replace Sheeda with Marth and you get a simmilar scenario

Thanks!

Congrats! You defeated a Worm with Chicken Wings and an Eyeball!

A winner is you.

I still need to get around to actually beating Gaiden. >_>

Thank you! yes falcon Knights are the most broken class ever in Gaiden they have a great base defense stat and they pretty much can take on an army of monsters alone. Yes Matilda turned great she was the fastest one in my Alm`s party by the end. I`ve started FE1 it is a bit different its hatder to mange items in this I notice though I have to keep running back and forth to the storge tent or empty inventory to fit new stuff. I don`t like the way healers have to level up in FE1 now I have to let them get attacked by the enemies thats really bad my healers might be badly raised in this one (sorry Maria *sniff*)

Congrats. Your team looks like it turned out pretty good. Team Falconknight is hilarious against all of the monsters in the end. Also, your choice of Matilda (and Catria! : D) shows you have good taste. : P

FE1 is decent, but it's quite a bit different from Gaiden. As an NES strategy game, it definitely has its flaws, but I still recommend at least giving the first few chapters a look. It's a, er, unique Fire Emblem experience!

Hahahaha, really now? Wanna debate FE1 Marth against FE11 Sheeda?

The healers aren't really worth leveling up in 1, hahaha. Wendell can fulfill most of your magic needs (8 defense magic user!) and you can either use Boah or train Merric later so you won't have to worry about leveling up a cleric to 10.

I suggest simply using Wendell and Rena as a solo healer, and later add Boah

The game's Healng are capped at 10, so you are better off spamming reserve/Physic anyway

Although having a cool mage who has some luck would be useful against Gharnef. I used Wendell usually because Wendell is a bro

Anyway, don't mind the Merc growth boost. Its too late Marth does fine, and you can spam Rapier against everything that moves after chapter 8 or 9

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

oh Wendell finally has a purpose in FE1 eh? alright I`ll add him to my party then and dump Lena and forget about Maria.

The healers aren't really worth leveling up in 1, hahaha. Wendell can fulfill most of your magic needs (8 defense magic user!) and you can either use Boah or train Merric later so you won't have to worry about leveling up a cleric to 10.

thanks for the tips I`ll see where my team goes with wendell though for now and I might add Boah if my team is not too full I`m not sure who I really want to use in this run well Sheeda,Oguma,Nabarl,Abel stay I know that much haha my habits from shadow dragon have not went away I`ve been using them often in that one.

I suggest simply using Wendell and Rena as a solo healer, and later add Boah

The game's Healng are capped at 10, so you are better off spamming reserve/Physic anyway

Although having a cool mage who has some luck would be useful against Gharnef. I used Wendell usually because Wendell is a bro

Anyway, don't mind the Merc growth boost. Its too late Marth does fine, and you can spam Rapier against everything that moves after chapter 8 or 9

Well in fairness FE11 Wendell is amazing for his reclassing, and he is nerfed in 3 onwards. He has 14 SPD at base, while the nerfed Wendell has 12 speed

In this game, Merric has joke 3 AS with Excalibur, and he barely outspeed Wendell at 20/1 on Avg

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

ooh poor merric well I`ll be sure to have wendell a member 14 speed is perfect for so early in game+he uses magic

Well in fairness FE11 Wendell is amazing for his reclassing, and he is nerfed in 3 onwards. He has 14 SPD at base, while the nerfed Wendell has 12 speed

In this game, Merric has joke 3 AS with Excalibur, and he barely outspeed Wendell at 20/1 on Avg

hmm? you have seen me on the wiki? ah your welcome yes I put many images there that are needed. I`ve got many pages to do there too still mostly the chapter pages for FE4~5 and of course screen shots of sprites etc. from FE2. Heh maybe I`ll come across you on the wiki

Ah, now I see who was finally contributing sprites images for the Fire Emblem wiki-none other than you!

My sincerest thanks for adding those images.

Actually Merric is pretty nice. He only needs +1 speed to double, which he will have a lot since fast enemies are rare until later in the game, where his 50% speed growth will give him a nice boost.

Wendell has better stats early on, but he doesn't get any good tomes until Merric is about to promote. Wendell is definitely better overall, but Merric's excalibur gives a niche as a total enemy nuker for at least a while.

Yeah, i forgot the game has quite a lot of Axemen

When's the first Bishie Ring anyway?. i only remembered that Thoron is buyable before Bishie >_>

Pretty much anything that isn't using a sword, isn't promoted, or isn't a horseman or magic user is pretty slow hahah. For a while the game is a slow character's paradise!

Thorron isn't buyable until the chapter 17 secret shop (which can be annoying to get to IMO), only a bit before the Bishop Ring in chapter 19.

Thats a long wait to buy thoron! how strong is that tome in this game anyway? I mean I know its been powerful in other games it was in so I`m guessing its great in this too great for end game since there are not many legendary tomes to go around for a team of mages and what not. Oh Barst is pretty good for an axe guy btw I forgot to mention I`m using him his growths are great and shockingly he has a decent chance to get speed.

Pretty much anything that isn't using a sword, isn't promoted, or isn't a horseman or magic user is pretty slow hahah. For a while the game is a slow character's paradise!

Thorron isn't buyable until the chapter 17 secret shop (which can be annoying to get to IMO), only a bit before the Bishop Ring in chapter 19.

Thoron is 13 x 2

Excalibr is 13 x 2, 20 Crit

Basically, for the most part, Thoron is identical to Excalibur

Magic damage in this game is set depending on the Tomes, if you don't know it yet

As for Barst, beware that Axes in FE1 sucks giant ironballs. Barst also can't promote(Knight, Fighter can't promo in FE1)