Fire Emblem characters needing more diversity?

This has been a bit of an issue that has been in the back of my head for a while, but this is regarding to how Fire Emblem characters are.

Presuming what we've been shown will be in the final product, there would have to liberties to make sure Fire Emblem characters feel just as versatile as the Shin Megami Tensei side. You might not think of it much, but there are a surprising amount of Lords that do function very similar to each other, which not taken into consideration could really lead to a dull roster of characters. It is in theory a very possible thing to do however, as shown to an extent with Fire Emblem: Awakening where the varies past characters were given more distinctive characteristics. I speculate that when this crossover comes out sometime in the future, liberties will be made for the sake of a much more versatile roster. However, what those liberties are is another question entirely.

They could "improvise" personalities, to help distinguish the lords. What I mean is, pick a trait that character has, and exaggerate it. Ike doesn't like nobility, and is a lover of meat and likes to fight worthy foes. Eliwood is chivalrous and honourable, you could turn him into an uptight noble. These kind of unique traits can be used too distinguish.

They'll probably just choose one stat for them to excel at such as Hector and defense, etc. Though with SMT's use of lots of varying weapon types will hurt the lords since most of them use swords.

I think they could use the diversification seen with the spotpass characters. Not necessarily the designs, but highlight the stats and gameplay that go with that particular class. For example, Lyn would be closer to a swordmaster, Hector would be closer to a warrior, and Ephraim would be closer to a knight. And showing the diversity of swords would help as well.

• 1 month later...

I think that everyone might take a level up in badass. Marth might learn healing magic, Eliwood might learn fire magic and use guns etc.

I actually made a comment to a friend that suggested that maybe Archers would use guns or something in the Crossover. Or maybe they'll give the Lords COMPs or Demonicas, or some kind of Demon Summoning Program so they can be on equal footing with the SMT cast.