Second Gen. Pairings (Don't worry, not another optimal pairing topic)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to pair second-genners based on Supports since there's no inheritance involved in their pairings. As a result, my favorites are...

MaMorgan/Nah (My favorite second gen pair, it's also one of Nah's only good sets of support convos and it's just so sweet asdfghjkl)

FeMorgan/Inigo (I love the whole dynamic between the two of them and for once Inigo says he'll stay faithful)

Laurent/Severa (It's nice to actually see one of the guys hold their ground against her and refuse to take her crap, and then character development happens and they become actual friends and the S rank was great.)

Kjelle/Gerome (I know that this pairing gets mixed reception and admittedly wasn't the most exciting support set but I love how Kjelle for once doesn't consider Gerome below her and winds up training to protect him instead of beat him)

Cynthia/Owain (Hammin' it up)

Yarne/Noire (I love how she encourages him to do better on the battlefield, though I do admit that it kind of showed her as manipulative when she reveals that she guilted him into it on purpose and I really didn't like that aspect of the S rank, but otherwise I love the pairing.)

Were you implying something?

I said that if you flip Inigo and Gerome, you get what I do.

I never implied any form of caring behind that... and yes, OLM is my preferred choice of Morgan.

u w0t, m8?

I use Frederick!Gerome since he's a support bot.

But that's just what I do.

Edited by Ƶerker

u w0t, m8?

I use Frederick!Gerome since he's a support bot.

But that's just what I do.

That's... kinda why I use Vaike!Gerome.

Berserker gives +STR/+SPD as a pair up, has 50 base STR, and Axefaire.

...Fred doesn't give Gerome Berserker.

Gerome and Yarne kinda want Berserker... and Yarne already gets it.

So Yarne runs with Fred's mods and picks up DG+, and Gerome goes off hitting like a truck.

(Sorry going off topic, and I was referring to "second gen pairings" specifically when I said, flip Gerome and Inigo and you'll get the same layout I use all the time.)

Edited by Airship Canon

and who could forget

- Morgan x Morgan

Now I'm tempted to hack MaMorgan x FeMorgan.

Man, are you sure about that? o_o'

Oops, I read Rey's post as MaMorgan x FeAvatar. And then I did a double-take, and read it the wrong way again.

That is what happens when I post at this hour.

:facepalm:

Edited by Euklyd

Noire/Brady

Owain/Cynthia

Notably, in my postgame team file I ended up with Morgan/Yarne and Nah/Inigo. I was not happy with how abusive my daughters were. D:

FeMorg is really manipulative in general though, so whatever.

I'm surprised no one has beaten me to these:

- Inigo ("I want to be manhandled") x Gerome

- Owain x swordhand

and who could forget

- Morgan x Morgan

Seriously though, I liked:

- Severa x Gerome

- Morgan (F) x Gerome

- Morgan (F) x Inigo

- Owain x Cynthia

If Avatar is an acceptable character to pair with for the purpose of this topic, then

...and I don't remember the others.

Although if we're allowed to ignore supports we don't like then I might have some others.

I was actually thinking of that.

I was just reading their support..

And thought it was kinda awkward.

hehe...

Edited by Carter

There is not enough love for M!MorganxLucina. I mean, I kinda get why. Most people when using FeMU pair her with Chrom (understandable, that's an awesome pairing) so M!Morgan is usually Lucina's sibling. And even when that's not the case, most people ship MorganxNah (also understandable, that's another amazing pairing support wise). But the abrupt end of their S support aside, I really like M!MorganxLucina. It has echoes of MaMUxLucina (my number one OTP for Lucina) and I think it's really sweet how Morgan infuses Lucina with hope simply by being him. In addition, after Chrom and FeMU have been really close friends for a significant amount of time, their kids end up getting together. There's something poetic about that.

My OTPs for Second Gen:

MaMUxLucina (I don't know if the Avatar counts or not, but in any case, 99% of the time I have MaMU, he's with Lucina. It's one of my big OTPs.)

LucinaxM!Morgan (If Morgan isn't her sibling)

FeMU!LucinaxInigo

Chrom!MorganxNah (If I can't have Lucina with Morgan, I go with this and the LucinaxInigo pairing).

CynthiaxOwain

YarnexNah

F!MorganxLaurent

And, er, I haven't really decided on OTPs for the other kids yet. Sheesh, I have three OTPs for Lucina depending on the situation. I blame being a fanfic author.

My OTPs for Second Gen:

MaMUxLucina (I don't know if the Avatar counts or not, but in any case, 99% of the time I have MaMU, he's with Lucina. It's one of my big OTPs.)

Truth be told, pretty much my favorite (despite the fact that all of the Gen 2s fit together really well (except Gerome/Lucina)).

And first hand I've paired MaMU with Lucina more times than any other. (Probably because I: 1. Enjoy 3rd gen Morgans because 2 2nds makes me feel weak. (I treat it like stat boosters in previous FEs.: They go to units that are already doing well. Make the best better. So I'd rather put a strong skill like Aether or higher mods on Morgan than put a pile of unneeded classes on another kid (I'm only going to use like 1 or 2 skills tops on that other kid, and frankly I don't find that worth it.).) 2. I'm not too much of a fan of KNM, which is the big 3rd gen Morg for MaMU. 3. Storywise, Robin/Lucina just makes sense-- she's got a unique confession (No Bubbles. 47 marriages for MU in the game- 46 of them have bubbles), she doesn't cause Morgan to have a sibling (which creates a plothole), she -always- ends up loving Robin anyways (see Endgame), and she's got that different scene. [PS. SoC: Everclear.])

But yeah I didn't exactly mention that one myself on account of the same reason- not sure if it counts cause it's an MU pairing.

There is not enough love for M!MorganxLucina. I mean, I kinda get why. Most people when using FeMU pair her with Chrom (understandable, that's an awesome pairing) so M!Morgan is usually Lucina's sibling. And even when that's not the case, most people ship MorganxNah (also understandable, that's another amazing pairing support wise). But the abrupt end of their S support aside, I really like M!MorganxLucina. It has echoes of MaMUxLucina (my number one OTP for Lucina) and I think it's really sweet how Morgan infuses Lucina with hope simply by being him. In addition, after Chrom and FeMU have been really close friends for a significant amount of time, their kids end up getting together. There's something poetic about that.

YES! I love M!MorganxLucina!

I didn't marry Chrom in any of my playthroughs,and since they're never siblings, I think "why would I NOT ship these two?"

Some of my other favorites:

NoirexYarne (or NoirexBrady)

OwainxSevera

CynthiaxInigo

NahxGerome

LaurentxKjelle

I would pair Owain with Cynthia, but since they're always cousins for me, I kinda... shouldn't. I actually almost did until I finally realized they were cousins. That would have been awkward.