Scarlet Swordsman

HK Motendra

tumblr_m525y0M2Pu1qf95qio1_500.jpg

Just want to know if anyone knows anything about Navarre's past. Strange that he's among my favorite units and I know nothing of what he's like or even why he chooses to fight for bandits.

The Anime OVA gave him some sort of backstory via flashback, but I don't really think it's ever explained in the games.

*sigh* such a shame that it didn't even reveal much

Also, it seems there's a relation between him and Ogma. Are there any supports with them in FE12?

Also, it seems there's a relation between him and Ogma. Are there any supports with them in FE12?

They're just rivals, as far as I can see.

In any case, they do have supports in FE12 and also dialogue in the 3rd DLC mission.

They're just rivals, as far as I can see.

In any case, they do have supports in FE12 and also dialogue in the 3rd DLC mission.

Well, I know Ogma was once a Pyrathi gladiator and for them to be rivals, they'd have to have fought sometime before. (Unless it was after he became a mercenary)

They're in a DLC? Which one?

I read in the manga that he was raised in an orphanage under the church master since he was a child and learned the sword during that time. Then bandits came, destroyed his orphanage and killed the church master. Sometime afterwards, he avenges the church master and then became a swordmaster.

I read in the manga that he was raised in an orphanage under the church master since he was a child and learned the sword during that time. Then bandits came, destroyed his orphanage and killed the church master. Sometime afterwards, he avenges the church master and then became a swordmaster.

Quite the story. But then, why did he join the Soothsire bandit? Maybe just for food and money?

Quite the story. But then, why did he join the Soothsire bandit? Maybe just for food and money?

And that's when I go back to the anime's storyline and say that he joined because Sister Lena was in captivity. But...given that there's no accurate information on his past, then I guess it could be open for interpretation :/

And that's when I go back to the anime's storyline and say that he joined because Sister Lena was in captivity. But...given that there's no accurate information on his past, then I guess it could be open for interpretation :/

Well, I guess that's understandable with that flashback nightmare he got with a woman being killed. I'm going to assume the scene was similar to Lon'qu and Ke'ri?

Well, I guess that's understandable with that flashback nightmare he got with a woman being killed. I'm going to assume the scene was similar to Lon'qu and Ke'ri?

Uh...I guess so? I think it just influenced his policy of never turning his blade on a woman. Granted, he's pretty cold around Feena, but I think that's just because she annoys him.

Uh...I guess so? I think it just influenced his policy of never turning his blade on a woman. Granted, he's pretty cold around Feena, but I think that's just because she annoys him.

And that is why I prefer Navarre over Lon'qu any day for being a stoic killer

reading the backstory posted and the inferences from it now makes me think that navarre had some notion to be a next level solo spy a la james bond. always deep cover but not really, avenging, trying to save women, for his pride (and country?)

also being an orphan you could say he wanted to feel like he belonged by joining up, but at the same time all his actions point to lonership. i wonder if there's custom fanart of him in a tuxedo or well fitting suit & tie, no homo

• 3 months later...

Have a link. According to this, it is also implied that Navarre/Nabarl is looking for someone. I bet that bandits are a good source of information more than anything...

Good brain food for any other interests you may have in the FE1 cast.