Can you dress well and go out without having to worry?

Junkhead

Nah. I can go where ever in nice clothes and not have a problem. Except for the staring. People in my town stare at those who dont go out with t-shirts with stuff like tapout or METAL MULISHA on it and ugly jeans. lol

I live near a small town. It's usually quiet but there is a lot of gang activity. Seriously, just wearing the color blue or red might get you shot. It's ridiculous. Though I live in the country so it doesn't really matter what I wear. Hell I could go outside naked if I felt like it.

Other than color, people won't say much about what you wear here. The only reason people would stare at me is because I'm wearing shorts during the winter and the temperatures drop to about 35ish Fahrenheit.

On a side note, there's a moderately sized city about 15 minutes away. I feel pretty safe when I go over there. There's supposed to be a lot of robbery over there but I haven't witnessed it or had it happen to anyone close to me so it doesn't bother me. Then you got places like Seattle where I just have to be on my toes.

• 2 weeks later...

Style and "dressing well" is really subjective in the end.

If you mean whether or not I have the freedom to dress the way I prefer to when I go outside, then yes, I can. If you're asking whether I have absolute freedom in the choice of dress when outside, then absolutely not. Even in a 1st world country, there will be strict conventions set up by society to keep things orderly. Sure, you're not likely to get arrested for wearing provocative and/or unnatural wear unless it reaches an obscene level, but even at a mild rule-breaking level you will be shunned and looked down on by other citizens, particularly if you lack the proper "air" or confidence to carry through with your choice. While it may be safer on the outside in a 1st world country, the fundamentals behind the idea of dress as a way of identifying oneself remains, and while the consequences are not as dire it is still not safe to dress in whichever style you want while outside.

I have a hole in my head where other people have something that allows them to "sense" "fashion," but otherwise Rockville's pretty boring, relative to its name, so no problems there

I live in a pretty safe area so nothing really happens

But I don't dress stylish most of the time anyway I'm in college I don't get enough sleep ain't got time for that

(designing is more fun than actually wearing them also)