• Sinnoh
    • Unova
    • Kalos
    • Orre

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's so much bias for Johto in the tags...Don't tell me this poll is rigged?! Anyway...

Hoenn is the best region for me. I love everything about it. I found the water routes a lot more tolerable than how you had to go through Mt. Coronet every time you wanted to go to the opposite side of the region. Sapphire's easily the Pokemon game I've replayed the most too.

Hoenn's the first one I REALLY got into, so it has my vote (Honorable mention of Orre for assisting in my Hoenn endeavors). Sinnoh was cool for the legends it had, along with the extra evolutions for past gen pokemon like Electabuzz - Electivire.

Kanto was the one region that I relatively did not like at all. After watching the pokemon episodes for a while, Team Rocket just doesn't interest me.

As for Orre, it was great, but it loses out for not having its own generation of pokemon

All in all, my thoughts on regions: Hoenn=Sinnoh > everything else

Might be biased cause I never ventured Unova, and didn't even know about Kalos

Edited by Hero-King

I hope we get RSE remakes soon.

No way, I'd rather GameFreak worked on a Stadium 3 or Battle Revolution 2. Or Pokepark 3. Gen 3 sucks, imo.

And to explain why I hate gen 3, I don't like many of the character or Pokemon designs, Hoenn is AWFUL because it has waaay too much water and I find it incredibly boring in general. I was bored with the story in the games too. Team Magma is kinda cool, but that's really it. I could do without gen 3 remakes.

Personally my favourite is Sinnoh. I love the east-west split and the diversity of areas. Platinum especially sold the world to me with the vast flower fields contrasted by snowy mountains. Now, traversing said snowy mountains was slow going, but atmospherically it's my absolute favourite. I'm surprised so many people like it the least

Basically why I love Sinnoh. :D

Sinnoh = Horrendously underrated

Hoenn = Horrendously overrated

Edited by Anacybele

Wait, isn't there also a region called Oblivia? I've heard it mentioned before, but was never sure if it was fan-made or not.

Pokemon Ranger series.

The third to be exact.

The second one is Almia and I can't be assed to remember the first one.

Oh, I see. I never played that series. In fact, I don't play many Pokemon games outside the main series. Just not interested in them. Only the Pokepark series, Stadium 2, and Battle Revolution struck my fancy (didn't get to try Stadium 1 though).

None of the Pokemon Ranger areas are very big and it is basically a bunch of generic locations linked together for reasons. Ranger 2 has you ride a Torkoal's back over lava while wearing shorts :/ I realized lava in games is never portrayed realistically but jumping on Torkoal's back onto the lava seemed reckless even for Pokemon.

I liked Orre the most because it had such a non-standard setting, what with most of the region being a barren wasteland. But even then it was not completely devoid of life, and the towns actually had quite a bit of diversity: you had a steam train diner, a water park, a wretched hive, a luscious forest oasis, and even a freaking underground mine city!

Hoenn comes second because of its biodiversity. Say what you want about all the water, but the ocean sections of other regions are just as bland for the most part, and if you use a Repel then it becomes one of the better surfing experiences.

No way, I'd rather GameFreak worked on a Stadium 3 ... Gen 3 sucks, imo.

Technically, there are 3 =P

(According to bulbapedia (I'm not sure of the exact order, I just recently got back into Pokemon)):

First: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_(Japanese)

JAPANESE ONLY

Second: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_(English)

JAPANESE AND ENGLISH

Third: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_2

JAPANESE AND ENGLISH

GEN III DOES NOT SUCK

Sorry. But, err, yeah.

Technically, there are 3 =P

(According to bulbapedia (I'm not sure of the exact order, I just recently got back into Pokemon)):

First: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_(Japanese)

JAPANESE ONLY

Second: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_(English)

JAPANESE AND ENGLISH

Third: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_2

JAPANESE AND ENGLISH

GEN III DOES NOT SUCK

Sorry. But, err, yeah.

Oh, I never knew about this.

And gen 3 sucks to me, that's that. I also hated fishing in these games. I never could catch ANYTHING because the Pokemon kept getting away even though I pressed the A button really fast. So yeah, I hate the region, hate most of the Pokemon, hate most of the character designs, hate fishing, hate the ridiculous amount of surfing you have to do, etc.

Oh, I never knew about this.

And gen 3 sucks to me, that's that. I also hated fishing in these games. I never could catch ANYTHING because the Pokemon kept getting away even though I pressed the A button really fast. So yeah, I hate the region, hate most of the Pokemon, hate most of the character designs, hate fishing, hate the ridiculous amount of surfing you have to do, etc.

You couldn't even catch a Magikarp.

SHAME.

GEN 3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by LordMonde