Critique

Trickster

I think I looks much better now, but... Something about it feels... Off to me. I'm not sure exactly...

Oh, one of the tile has no shading, and there is height error.

Edited by MasterKeeperâ„¢

I think, not completely sure, that the walls should be higher at the black wall. See you have the walls in the back part of the garden and they are 1 tile high, but you go up to flights of stairs, so the people who go up there would end up stepping on the wall.

DBMgb6a.png

grass tile spam

river uninteresting

dude, that forest is seriously fucked up

why two bridges on the bottom, and not like, snags

the mountain is too... plain although I cant do much better

and the 3rd mini-mountain from the right has errors (doesn't connect properly)

//sorry, im sleepy and just irritated right now

Edited by MasterKeeperâ„¢

maybe you shouldn't comment when you're in a bad mood, you just sound dickish :/

although I have to agree with most of the comments.

regarding the forest though, the biggest issue is that they're all thicket tiles, and ground units can't cross them at all(unless you modify movement costs), so you might want to change up some of those darker tiles for the lighter forest tiles.

the biggest problem I'd have to say is the grass, it's very spammy and there aren't any sort of paths, which doesn't look so great. Check out existing FE maps that use that tileset(FE6 chapter 21, FE7 chapter 27) to get a feel for how paths in the tileset work.

Alright I guess it's finally done!

4iMPKX5.png

I don't believe you fixed any of the height errors. The upper right wall is two above two different levels. The left is 1 above the lower level, and 2 above the higher level, meaning the wall magically raises itself 2 in height between the bottom and top.

I don't believe you fixed any of the height errors. The upper right wall is two above two different levels. The left is 1 above the lower level, and 2 above the higher level, meaning the wall magically raises itself 2 in height between the bottom and top.

sorry I'm having trouble understand, could you circle the parts I've messed up, I honestly don't know which parts.

regarding the forest though, the biggest issue is that they're all thicket tiles, and ground units can't cross them at all(unless you modify movement costs), so you might want to change up some of those darker tiles for the lighter forest tiles.

the biggest problem I'd have to say is the grass, it's very spammy and there aren't any sort of paths, which doesn't look so great. Check out existing FE maps that use that tileset(FE6 chapter 21, FE7 chapter 27) to get a feel for how paths in the tileset work.

I believe I'm going to just scrap the map because how horribly restrictive the Bern tileset is. There's no snags to use, no castle, and the only indoor materials is the shrine of seals stuff, so just going to axe it

Instead I'll just go to the next map I made

hMsioAA.png

Edited by Trickster

The levels of the floor/ walls are mostly filled in, you can see where continuous walls have two different heights because they have to keep their relation to the floor.

XJqaoMg.png

Bern's tileset looks pretty BA, but if it's not working for you, oh well.

Your cliffs are too straight liney (diagonal lines are still straight lines). While you're not tile spamming, you still need to break them up those lines with changes of direction and/or breaks in the cliff.

Your cliffs are too straight liney (diagonal lines are still straight lines). While you're not tile spamming, you still need to break them up those lines with changes of direction and/or breaks in the cliff.

xFL68rj.png

Alright, looking any better now?