Pokemon Z or Pokemon X2/Y2 ?

Guest meibum

Guest meibum

After Pokemon X and Y (and hopefully the gen 3 remakes)

do you think nintendo will return back to it's old roots and create a platnium/emerald/crystal/yellow for the new gen or do what they did with black and white and create a continuation of the story game.

Which do you think?

Which would you prefer and why?

As much as I was expecting a Pokemon Grey,Ii didn't mind that they extended the story with B/W 2 because I actually liked the story of B/W and I wanted to see where N had gone and stuff. However, from what I can tell, I don't really expect X/Y to have quite as good a story as B/W if the only thing the villains are interested in is something as trivial as money, so in this case I would prefer a Pokemon Z. Or just forego a third game(s) in general if it means that we can get a Gen 6 remake of Hoenn, like they did a Gen 4 remake of Johto.

Prior to reading a statement by Mr. Masuda, I would have said XX and XY (back when we thought the symbols on the Japanese logos were DNA and not... whatever the hell they actually symbolize in relation to Mega Evolutions), since I had hope that Game Freak wasn't so... dull and uninspired when it came to the new games.

...And then I read that X and Y were literally named for the coordinate axes. What little hope I had diminished even further. If there's another game tied to X and Y, I'll now go XZ and YZ instead of just plain Z.

• 2 weeks later...

Call it Pokemon Z,where you have to find like 8 Pokeballs to summon a Gyrados who will grant you one wish,the main character is canonically named Goku and instead of a bike rides a nimbus,he has to collect the 8 Pokeballs by fighting in tournaments around the region.

I'd actually make sequels called XZ and YZ. The game is based on genetics, and the X chromosome warrants a girl if added to an egg cell while a Y chromosome warrants a male. And the Z would stand for zygote, which is a fertilized egg cell. The X an Y part of "XZ" and "YZ" would effectively say "female zygote" and "male zygote."

And I always love the idea of sequels to continue the stories. ^^

There is a new legendary called Zygarde that comes after Xerneas & Yveltal in the dex. As if the Z in its name wasn't enough, its ability reverses the abilities of the other two legendaries. Also, It is dragon/ground, Xerneas is fairy Yveltal is part flying and therefore immune to ground. this sort of equillibrium "hints" at a trio. So yes, there will be Pokemon Z(dear god....). Also, I appreciate Jiac2001's DBZ referance.