Zelda's got a new princess... And a new Hyrule parallel!

Anacybele

According to a new trailer for A Link Between Worlds. :D

Princess Hilda rules over Lorule, Hyrule's new parallel counterpart. She also reminds me of Kafei and Cremia... Hoo hoo hoo. There can't be any connection though, as MM takes place on an entirely different timeline, but it's a funny coincidence for me since I ship KafeixCremia. lol

But anyway, there's also some wizard there that looks a bit like Ganondorf, but it's probably not him. It doesn't look THAT much like him. Plus he's dead after ALttP. But this evil wizard is pulling a King Boo! Trapping people in paintings! Link needs Luigi's Dark-Light Device. XD

This game just got MORE awesome for me. I CAN'T WAIT. :D

Hyrule (High Rule) Lorule (Low rule) I could see Lorule as Termina after destruction with the inhabitants returning causing a new life but I may just not entirely get the point of the timeline and making this look entirely stupid,since this is supposed to be a sequel to The Link to the Past right?

Edited by jiac2001

Ooooohhh, looks interesting! And I have been wondering what the in-game explanation for the "merging with your surroundings power" would be.

Somehow, even with this new villainess, I still feel like it will somehow be hijacked by Ganon yet again....

On an unrelated note (I am a Majora's Mask fanboy) maybe "Midrule" is Termina now I shall leave this topic exclusively for A Link Between Worlds.

Haha, I doubt there is any major significance in the letters H and I. Hilda is a real name, like Zelda. Chances are the developers wanted a name that was similar just to show there was a parallel between the two.

LttP was my 1st Zelda game. It holds so much nostalgia for me. Hearing all those same sound effects and music from LttP is awesome. I cant wait to get this game.

Lorule/Hilda - eh(? you found the big key!) it's a parallel world so it makes sense they sound similar.

Haha, I doubt there is any major significance in the letters H and I. Hilda is a real name, like Zelda. Chances are the developers wanted a name that was similar just to show there was a parallel between the two.

Yeah, that's true. lol

And I agree that the ALttP sound effects are so nostalgic! I loved ALttP (even though it's so hard... XD), so I enjoyed hearing the game's sounds. :D

Well, in the Japanese katakana script, "Zelda" is spelled ゼルダ, while "Hilda" is spelled ヒルダ. Notice how the "ゼ" (ze) and the "ヒ" (hi) look similar to each other.

Though I have no idea whether Hilda is even called "Hilda" in the Japanese version...

I wonder if this means that the wall drawings in Wind Wakers opening were actual people, as opposed to representations made by people who hadn't yet developed 2D artistic perspective

Edited by Rehab

Hard? ALttP isnt really that hard. I Guess it is compared to the 3d Zeldas.

I beat it when I was like 8.

Maybe it wasn't hard for you, but it was hard as heck for me. Took me years to finally get good enough at video games to beat it. xP

I'm not an expert at gaming or anything, so yeah.

aLttP has a nice balance between the general lack of help you got in the first two Zeldas and the generally easy gameplay ever since Ocarina of Time. For one, you can see those crabs as early as right after you get to the Sanctuary and they damage you for two hearts each attack.

Honestly as long as you have a bunch of blue potions and know where the items are, you shouldn't be in much trouble. The game even gets retardedly easy with the Cane of Byrna, which is almost like Nayru's Love with its mana cost over time but did damage on its own.

Edited by Woodshooter

It wasn't just the monsters doing a lot of damage though. It was also the confusing layouts in most of the dungeons. I've done a lot of them a few times over and I still need a walkthrough every time I go through them. I always forget which way to go! xP

The bosses were generally easy though. Except for Helmasaur King. He was insane. >_<

So, Hilda and Zelda are the two Aunts in Sabrina: The Teenage Witch, so there's that as a potential reference. Zelda and Hilda both mean "battle woman", which is enough to differentiate the names while retaining the same meaning to them. (I mean, Adlez would be a weird name to use...)

The villain(ess)'s name is Yuga; an interesting tidbit about (what I assume is) her name: it is likely a reference to the mythological Baba Yaga, the latter being pronounced similarly to Yuga. Yaga, based on the similar words developing from other Slavic languages, gives the impression of a cold-hearted witch. There is some theory that she is the Lorule counterpart to Ganondorf. Also, she may be related somehow to Twinrova (who people probably don't remember unless they played either the Oracle Games or Ocarina of Time)(basically she is Ganondorf's mother).

So, Hilda and Zelda are the two Aunts in Sabrina: The Teenage Witch, so there's that as a potential reference. Zelda and Hilda both mean "battle woman", which is enough to differentiate the names while retaining the same meaning to them. (I mean, Adlez would be a weird name to use...)

I was just about to mention the Sabrina reference, but you got it covered for me.

Once I get this game, I'm really tempted to call Link Sabrina for the fun of it. ^_^

Considering the Yuga's appearance (and the general art style nintendo is rolling with, like this) I have a sneaking suspicion that the "Big Reveal" of this game will be Yuga's status as the Lorule's Ganondorf. Which would be rather. . . underwhelming - his weapon looks like either the un-named Goop Brush which Bowser Jr. utilizes back in sunshine or the Power Paint Brush we saw in Kirby: Canvas Curse.

Of the only Lorule characters we've seen so far, a defining physical trait is inverted (Zelda's bright blond hair is mirrored by Hilda's almost black or purple hair, it's difficult to tell from the quality and background) but the rest of the character is almost unchanged. (Zelda and Hilda wear almost identical clothes of slightly different tone) Logically, this would mean that Ganondorf's very dark skin from WW and TP would become pale, and his rather physically powerful form would become more oriented for a mage - or a jester, really.

Of course, that does leave the question of why, then, is he wearing a robe with a (upside down) triforce. . . ?

I hope there's a good reason why Yuga is going around turning princesses into paintings. Like if the goal is just to capture them I'm sure there are other ways...? I dunno it just seems kind of random judging prematurely by this one trailer.

I hope there's a good reason why Yuga is going around turning princesses into paintings. Like if the goal is just to capture them I'm sure there are other ways...? I dunno it just seems kind of random judging prematurely by this one trailer.

From what I remember reading, Yuga is trying to orchestrate Ganon's resurrection. Maybe kidnapping the maidens is related to that.