Touhou Fantasy, Xenomic's RPG Maker game!

Xenomic

Current updates, for those interested:

======================================
CHARACTERS

Reimu:

*Yin-Yang Jade now revives at 10% Max HP at level 1, gaining +5% for each level up to 25% at max level.
*Rain Dance, in addition to restoring HP, now grants Auto-Med on each level, up to 10 turns at level to a maximum of 60 turns at max level. This allows a character with the buff a 20% chance every turn to recover from all negative statuses excluding Death, and boosts Reimu's passive to 40%.

Aya:

*Wind Sickle Veiling now grants 100% doublecast to one party member, starting at 10 turns up to 25 turns at max level.
*While in the party, the enemy's HP bar will now display the enemy's current HP.

Patchouli:

*Dew Spear "Crystals" is now Earth-elemental instead of Ice-elemental.
*Emerald City has been replaced by Force Lasher. In addition, the MP costs for Autumn Edge, Autumn Blade, and Force Lasher has been increased drastically in addition to now being non-elemental instead of Earth-elemental. All levels of the spells now hit all enemies.

Reisen:

*Infrared Moon's MP cost has increased drastically on all levels, now requiring 14 MP at level 1 up to 96 MP at max level.
*X-Wave now grants a +5% chance to doublecast a skill up to +50% chance at level 10 for 60 turns on all levels. This adds to Patchouli's battle passive, allowing her to reach 60% chance at level 1 of her Doublecast passive, up to 70% at level 3 of her passive.

Sanae:

*Revitalizing Wind now revives at 20% Max HP at level 1, gaining +20% for each level up to 60% at max level.

Yorihime:

*Level has been reduced from 50 to 25.

Chaos:

*Awaken now lasts 50 turns instead of 20 turns.

MAPS

*Pandaemonium has been rebuilt almost from scratch, with only rooms staying about the same. It is now much smaller and easier to navigate than before.
*Hollowed Caverns now have Waystones, making travelling in the dungeon much easier to do. In addition, some tiling errors have been fixed.

MAPS

*Enemies now have an ATB and HP bar that displays during battle. This is still being tinkered with as it needs be. Status icons can now also be implemented, but I've yet to deal with those. In addition to status icons being available, the amount of turns a status lasts will now appear alongside the status icon.

Any further ideas or suggestions is welcomed. I am thinking of changing Momiji's Mad Rush to something else, not sure what yet. In addition, some statuses MAY get buffed to, according to this:

Poison/Regen types: 35 rounds at level 1, +5 rounds per level, maxing at 80 rounds at level 10
Stat double/half types: 25 rounds at level 1, +3 rounds per level, maxing at 52 rounds at level 10
Silence, Blind, Berserk, Zombie, double MP costs, and anything else that limits only certain types of actions: 20 rounds at level 1, +2 rounds per level, maxing at 38 rounds at level 10
Stop, Paralyze, Confuse, and anything else that prevents you from getting a turn: 6 rounds at level 1, +1 round per level, maxing at 15 rounds at level 10
Double XP/No XP: lasts until end of battle

Keep in mind, level 1 statuses generally have 5 turns durations, while level 10 generally has either 50 turns or oo turns, depending on the status. Feel free to debate this as you see fit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current updates, to be implemented whenever I get next update patch done:

CHARACTERS

*Hope's Revive command now costs 10% HP per revived character (up to 30% HP) at level 2, and 25% per revived character (up to 75% HP) at level 3.

ITEMS

*All of Nitori's skill scrolls now are half the price they used to cost.
*Sakuya's First Aid dropped from 25000 to 10000 in price.

ENEMIES

*Alice's HP has doubled from 12,500 to 25,000. Hourai's and Shanghai's HP have dropped from 16,000 to 10,000. Hourai's "Hourai Doll" now deals 3000 non-elemental magic damage. Hourai's Trip Wire now deals 500 non-elemental magic damage. Shanghai's speed has increased from 120 to 180.
*Medicine now has Permament Poison as her boss passive, making it so that the party is inflicted with Poison: oo throughout the duration of the battle.
*Medicine (Hollowed Caverns) now has Gassing Garden, Poison Breath, and Melancholy Poison, in addition to losing Venom. Her speed has been adjusted from 100 to 115.
*Yamame (Hollowed Caverns) now has Kandata's Rope, Unexplained Fever, and Japanese Foliage Spider. Her speed has been adjusted from 145 to 175.
*Tenshi's speed has been adjusted from 125 to 150.

In addition to this, I am currently looking at Nitori's skillset,, and am thinking of completely overhauling it to make her more useful.

*Include a "Gear Shift" ability, which switches between the single-target and AoE versions of moves and doubles the MP cost of abilities when in AoE mode. In addition, all of the status healing abilities bar Faith/Faith EX would be removed, and replaced by Adrenaline/Adrenaline EX and Sake/Sake EX. In addition to this, P may become straight upgradable into Lapis and then into Large P. To make up for the massive loss of abilities, she would get additional abilities:

Strength Tonic: Bravery: 25 turns to one/party.
Iron Draft: Protect: 25 turns to one/party.
Sage's Wisdom: Faith: 25 turns to one/party.
Speed Drink: Haste: 25 turns to one.
Hero's Drink: Bravery/Protect/Faith/Haste: 25 turns to one/party.
Miracle Drink: Regen/MP Regen/Bravery/Protect/Faith/Haste: 25 turns to one/party.
Saint's Spirit: Doubles healing effectiveness on party. Give to Hope.
Angel's Sigh: Removes all statuses and prevents statuses for 20 turns.
Neutralizer: Dispels all buffs on target.
HP Sucker: Drains HP from one target.
Hungry HP Sucker: Drains HP from all enemies.
Bottle Rocket: Minor unblockable damage to one.
Big Bottle Rocket: Moderate unblockable damage to one.
Multi-Bottle Rocket: Major unblockable damage to one.
Bomb Core: Inflicts damage to target equal to current HP, but kills user.
Siren: Force battle with rarest enemy group.
Emergency Exit: Escape from battle.
Superball: Same as Meira's attack.

Which would then translate into this:

P/Lapis/Large P -> P EX/Lapis EX/Potion Berry
1-UP -> 1-UP EX
Faith -> Faith EX
Sake -> Sake EX
Adrenaline -> Adrenaline EX
Strength Tonic -> Super Strength Tonic
Iron Draft -> Hard Iron Draft
Sage's Wisdom -> Warlock's Wisdom
Speed Drink -> Haste drink
Miracle Drink -> Holy Water
Saint's Spirit -> God's Spirit
Angel's Sigh -> Ribbon
Neutralizer - No EX version/Remains there
HP Sucker -> Hungry HP Sucker
Bottle Rocket -> Multi-Bottle Rocket
Bomb Core -> move this to skills
Siren/Emergency Exit/Superball

Of course, whether or not Gear Shift would be nice to implement or not, I don't know. I need more feedback on this. You'll notice a lot of these are from the FF series, but also appear from Earthbound (mostly from Jeff's inventory). Opinions? Suggestions? Feel free to leave any feedback you may have! I'm very slowly working on the game due to my computer going really bad (BSoDs at least once a day...), so it may take a while before I really get beta5 going...

• 4 weeks later...

=========================================
INVENTORY

*All shops that carried weapons and armor have been redone. No longer can weapons and armor (and accessories) be bought in the middle of the dungeon. Several weapons were outright removed (but are still in the database if needed), and many have been revamped in terms of stats and prices.
*Mist Robe now gives -70 DEF, 70 MAG, 10 SPD, increased Evasion, Auto-Blink, Water/Fire Resist Up, and allows access to several character's level 2 secondary commands.
*Raven Armor and Raven Cloak now allow access to several character's level 2 secondary commands. Raven Armor now gives Blind -100%, while Raven Cloak gives Silence -100%.
*Heavy Robe now gives 55 DEF, -20 SPD, Blunt/Slash Resist Up, and Regen: 10 Turns.
*Saigyouji Robe has been removed.
*Tao Robe now gives 30 MAG, 0 DEF, and Holy/Physical/Shadow Resist Up.
*Atlas now gives 30 ATK, 10 DEF, -30 MAG, Earth/Pierce Resist Up, and Blind/Confusion -100%.
*Soul Armor now gives Auto-Regen and Auto-MP Sap. Soul Armor now prevents Zombie.
*Soul Cloak (originally Soul Cape) now gives Auto-MP Regen and Auto-Sap. Soul Cloak now prevents Zombie.
*Soul Barrier now prevents Zombie.

SYSTEM

*Zombie status now exists in the game. Zombie reverses the effects of healing except those caused by events (such as Fairy Circle), including items (but not all items). Zombie can be prevented by equipping the Soul Armor, Soul Cloak, and Soul Barrier, and cured by using the Holy Water. Characters innately immune to zombie are: Remilia, Mokou, Suwako, Hope, and Komachi. Youmu has 40% chance of being inflicted by Zombie, while everyone else has a 80% chance of being inflicted by it.
*The vast majority of healing items and abilities will damage any character under Zombie status.
*Doom status now exists in the game for the player to be inflicted with. Doom status lasts 20 turns, and can be prevented either by equipping a piece of equipment that prevents Instant Death, and can be removed only via Hope's Vortex, Esuna, and Esunaga, or Chaos's Black Hole abilities.

And with that update, I will now release this update to the game for everyone to try out and enjoy! Beta5 is still in the works, but a lot of little things here and there, mostly bosses and the like, have been updated quite a bit. If anyone is willing to go through the game and give it another testrun to make sure things are fine and dandy, or if they just want to experience the new updated bosses, that'd be great too! At some point, there will be another update patch for fixing the status resistances for enemies too, so be on the look out for that! I want to incorporate status effects heavily into gameplay to make them more useful for the player, but I haven't gotten to that yet since I'm still working on the main game. ^^;

The current update is here, and will always be named this. Just keep an eye on the date and all should be fine!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/66m3l4360klrb4t/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

• 1 month later...

Been a while folks! Hope ya didn't miss me? ^^

So, while I discussed this with Locke a while back, I am in need of further analysis and ideas for this skillset. You see, I have a character coming up that's temporary playable (then an extended temporary playable character afterwards) that's in need of skills for her skillset. In addition, after she's no longer playable, the skillset mostly transfers over to Hope. So, I'm trying to make two skillsets that are mostly the same between the two characters. However...I am afraid that what me and Locke came up with just isn't going to cut it. For those who are interested, the character's abilities (Chaos) are: high physical strength and manipulation of Void/Space, so the abilities are themed around that to a degree. Of note, when Hope gets the skillset (which is right before final dungeon), most characters should be hitting around 2000-2500 with their strongest skills (4000 for most characters with ultimates. 4000+ for some characters, but they typically have A) High MP Costs, B) Low accuracy, or C) Both).

SKILLSET FOR HOPE

*Ruin: Inflicts 2000 non-elemental magic damage to one enemy.
*Ruinga: Inflicts 2000 non-elemental magic damage to all enemies.
*Twin Comet: First use charges up attack, second use will inflict 4000 non-elemental magic damage to all enemies.
*Undo: After X turns, the party's HP and MP are restored to the value set when the ability is first used.
*Counter Ruin: Counters with an unblockable Ruin to one random target when damaged. Will not activate if Hope is under Poison, Venom, or Sap.
**Post-Apocalypse: Only appears after Counter Ruin has successfully triggered 5 times in the same battle. Inflicts 5000 non-elemental damage to all enemies, then is removed from the skillset.
**Supernova: Requires 4 charges to use. Inflicts 8000 Fire-elemental damage to all enemies.
**Cosmic Break: ????

ADDITIONS TO CHAOS'S SKILLSET

*Almagest: Inflicts damage to all enemies equal to a % of Chaos's current HP.
*Grand Cross: Random chance to inflict any level 10 status to all enemies.
*Galaxy Stop: Same as Sakuya's "Sakuya's World" skill.

Hope does not get Almagest, Grand Cross, or Galaxy Stop at all, since those are supposed to be unique to Chaos alone. I'm very uncertain about Almagest right now out of those 3 (Grand Cross is...what it typically is in the FF series. Galaxy Stop is identical to what it does in the boss fight against her earlier in the game). As for the skills they both share, Ruin and Ruinga are both fine I feel. Undo is also fine, but everything else I'm very uncertain about. Like...they sound good on paper, but I feel the execution and whatnot behind them just wouldn't work out nicely at all.

So with that said and done, what suggestions/ideas do you guys have, if any?

Also, gonna give current update patch since it's probably needed. Fixes some issues here and there.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eb90cwv0b5rtku2/Touhou_Fantasy.rar

What's done currently!

SYSTEM

*All basic elemental rings now cost 2000 yen instead of 4000 yen. This may change later if I ever get the attribute plugin working!

CHARACTERS

*Equipping the following to the following characters will now allow them access to the level 2 variants of their passives or secondary commands:

*Reimu: Pray Lv2 (Shrine Maiden Sleeve, Arm Warmers, PC-98 Garb, Raven Armor), Pray Lv3 (Divine Red-White)
*Marisa: Mug (Black Cat, Up Sweeper), Bandit (Burglar Garb, Raven Armor), Master Thief (Mist Robe)
*Cirno: Eternal Bond Lv2 (Baka Dress, Frostbite, Raven Armor), Eternal Bond Lv3 (Critical Freeze, 0K), Double Summon (Baka Dress, 0K, Raven Armor)
*Aya: Intel Lv2 (Raven Armor)
*Meiling: Chakra Lv2 (Force of Qi, Raven Armor), Chakra Lv3 (Star Breaker), Restore HP Lv2 (Rainbow Dress, Selaginella), Restore HP Lv3 (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)
*Patchouli: Mana Reserves Lv2 (Elemental Robe, Raven Cloak), Mana Reserves Lv3 (Five Elements), Doublecast Lv2 (Twin Elemental, Mist Robe), Doublecast Lv3 (Seven Element Robe)
*Reisen: Apothecary Lv2 (Medical Gown), Apothecary Lv3 (Business Suit), Insanity Lv2 (Bunny Outfit, Raven Armor), Insanity Lv3 (Lunar Jacket)
*Momiji: Mad Rush Lv2 (Valiant Heart, Ultimatus, Raven Armor), Mad Rush Lv3 (Soul Edge, Soul Calibur), Last Stand Lv2 (Great Tengu Robe, High Rank), Last Stand Lv3 (Yamabushi Garb)
*Nitori: Chemist (Aqua Jacket, Raven Armor), Mirror Items (Sherlock Jacket), Metal Detector (Sherlock Jacket)
*Youmu: Bonecrusher Lv2 (Phantasmagoria, Northern Lights), Bonecrusher Lv3 (Oblivion, Oathkeeper)
*Komachi: Money Talks (One World, Raven Armor), Ransom (Reaper Cloak)
*Yuuka: Threaten Lv2 (Twinkle Star, Riviera, Infernal Geyser, Raven Armor), Threaten Lv3 (Perfect Green)
*Mokou: Sacrifice Lv2 (Healing Touch, Ghost Shell, Raven Armor), Sacrifice Lv3 (Omni Weapon, Flare Arms)
*Remilia: Amok (Noble's Dress)
*Hope: Revive Lv2 (Raven Cloak, Mist Robe), Cup of Life Lv2 (Mist Robe)
*Yumemi: Restore Lv2 (Raven Cloak, Mist Robe)
*Sanae: Recover Lv2 (Raven Armor)
*Suwako: Find Passages (KeroKero Armor, Anti-Snake Armor, Mountain Protector, Faithful Aura, Mishaguji's Scourge), Mishaguji's Curse Lv2 (Anti-Snake Armor, Faithful Aura), Mishaguji's Curse Lv3 (Mishaguji's Scourge)
*Koishi: Learning Lv2 (Raven Cloak, Mist Robe)
*Utsuho: Kamikaze Lv2 (Raven Armor)
*Nue: Morph Lv2 (Raven Armor)

*Hope's Gloom skillset is mostly done. Only Desperation (MP cost) and Jealousy Grasp (coding) need done. Jealousy Grasp may need reworked to be something different however. Hope's Chaos skillset (and therefore Chaos's skillset as well) is still underway as well.
*Hope may gain a few new abilities in her default skillset to replace Protect, Faith, and Bravery. These are:

**Angelsong: Restores minor HP to the party and grants Regen: 50 turns.
**Saint's Spirit: Doubles healing effectiveness on party.
**Extend: Resets durations of all statuses on party.

Saint's Spirit is the one that I'm unsure about right now, seeing as healing is pretty good in this game (AFAIK). Any suggestions for Hope's default skillset is more than welcomed.

*Rinnosuke's Aegis no longer grants Tetra status. In fact, Tetra, Omni, Physical, and Magic statuses are removed for now until further notice since I want to really try to implement the attribute plugin to make doing the coding easier but...never know.
*Utsuho's Kamikaze has been changed. Level 1 now deals damage equal to Utsuho's Max HP x3 instead of x4, Lv2 deals x4 instead of x6, and Lv3 deals x5 instead of x8.

And with that said, for those who are waiting on progress, I'll give this teaser video!

Once again, I apologize profusely for how long this game is taking to finish. Lack of motivation is a big killer, but combine that with wanting to do other things (mostly Let's Plays) as well as some IRL stuff, and it's kinda hard to get the willpower to keep working on this. But I'm trying to finish it at least! ^^; Edited by Xenomic

• 2 weeks later...

So, here's what I have for ideas on skillsets (of note, for Byakuren, I already updated Yuugyou Hijiri and Mystic Fragrance).

For Suwako:

**Monstrous Toad God: Attempts to force enemies to flee from battle. The higher the level of the skill, the greater the chance of forcing enemies to flee. No rewards are given for enemies that flee in this manner. Starts at 25% or less of Suwako's level for enemies to flee at level 1 (if Suwako is level 50, then enemies of level 12-13 or less will flee at a 100% chance), with +25% each level up. Does not work on all enemies and fails on bosses.
**Native God's Curse: Deals X damage to all enemies, dealing more damage the more allies that are KO'd. Higher levels increase the amount of damage increased by how many dead allies there are. 4 levels.
**Blighted Earth: Attempts to halve all enemies status resistances for X turns. The duration of the turns increases the higher the level of the skill. 4 levels.
**Brave the Elements: Attempts to halve all elemental resistances on all enemies. Higher levels increases duration of debuff. 5 levels.
**Seven Stones:
**Full Sakura Blizzard: Cures various statuses depending on levels. Level 1 cures Death (character revive with 1 HP), Level 2 cures Heat, Level 3 cures Curse, Level 4 cures Zombie, and Level 5 cures Doom. Unsure if it will be single-target or AoE.
**Frog God: Doubles effect of chosen character's battle passive for X turn. Higher levels increases the duration of the buff. 5 levels.

For Byakuren:

**Omen in Purple Mist: Instantly kills any enemy below X% of their Max HP. Level 1 starts at 25%, with max level (level 6) ending at 50% Max HP. Does not work on all enemies, and fails on bosses.
**Cloudy Way in Purple: Grants Critical: ????. Higher levels increases the HP threhold for said ability to activate, starting at 25% Max HP and ending at 50% Max HP.
**Syncretism: As long as target is above X% Max HP, target will gain an Auto-ability. Starts at 90% at Level 1, ends at 65% at max level?
**Yuugyou Hijiri: Grants Protect, Bravery, Faith, and Haste (starting at 15 turns, up to 40 turns at max level) to Byakuren.
**Mystic Fragrance: Restores MP to the party equal to a random number between 0-20. Every level gains +20 to the random number, up to 100 at level 5. Max level restores MP equal to a random number between 0 and (100 + caster's level). MP cost for each level is the max MP recovery threshold for each level, with Lv6 costing 120.
**Air Scroll: Nullifies all physical damage to one target. Higher levels increases duration by +5 turns, to a max of 30 turns.
**Good Omen: Absorbs all damage equal to target's Max HP, then disappears. Will not work on damage that exceeds target's current HP or any effect that instantly kills target. Each level increases HP threshold by 20%, up to 200% Max HP.
**Flying Fantastica: Copies buffs (varies per level) to the rest of the party that Byakuren has.
**Magic Butterfly: Nullifies all magic damage to one target. Higher levels increases duration by +5 turns, to a max of 30 turns.
Star Sword Apologetics: Reduces all resistances of all enemies by half.

Byakuren no longer has Weapon Bless, and Suwako's Armor Status Bless MIGHT be moved to Reisen instead. The reasons for this is that Switch skills cannot appear in Skill Subsets, and if the Skill Subsets are put as Skills, then all abilities the character has will appear in there (for Byakuren, her Weapon Bless skills were appearing in both her Mystic command and Weapon Bless command. This is not desirable as I wanted to keep the two separate). I could make it so that all of the skills appear in the same skillset, but is that something that is desirable by the players? I do not know...

By the by, some of these I may not be able to do properly, and some will require a lot of testing. I am at least hoping this makes Suwako and Byakuren much more viable though. While I am updating these two, I am also debating on what to do for their new secondary commands, if Weapon Bless/Armor Bless skills are added into their normal skillset, and if I should have Nitori's Armor Bless skills be part of her Water command since it's so short anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

CHARACTERS

Reisen:

*No longer has Insanity command, but now has Suwako's Armor Status Bless command and skills.

Byakuren:

*No longer has access to the Weapon Bless command.

**Omen in Purple Mist: Instantly kills any enemy below X% of their Max HP. Level 1 starts at 25%, with max level (level 6) ending at 50% Max HP. Does not work on all enemies, and fails on bosses. 12 MP at level 1, 42 MP at max level.
**Syncretism: Copies buffs (varies per level) to the rest of the party that Byakuren has. Level 2 versions of buffs at level 1, up to level 7 versions of buffs at max level. Any status that does not have a level higher than the current skill level will not have its duration improved. MP costs have not been implemented yet as the ability has yet to be coded.
**Yuugyou Hijiri: Grants Protect, Bravery, Faith, and Haste (starting at 15 turns, up to 40 turns at max level) to Byakuren. 18 MP at level 1, 64 MP at max level.
**Mystic Fragrance: Restores MP to the party equal to a random number between 0-20. Every level gains +20 to the random number, up to 100 at level 5. Max level restores MP equal to a random number between 0 and (100 + caster's level). MP cost for each level is the max MP recovery threshold for each level, with Lv6 costing 120. 20 MP at level 1, 120 MP at max level.
**Air Scroll: Nullifies all physical damage to one target. Higher levels increases duration by +5 turns, to a max of 30 turns. 18 MP at level 1, 85 MP at max level.
**Good Omen: Restores 1% Max HP and MP to target for 30 turns. Each level increases the healing by 1%, to a maximum of 6% Max HP/MP. 10 MP at level 1, 60 MP at max level.
**Flying Fantastica: While unit with buff is below X% Max MP, their MP will be refilled to that value until buff wears off. The higher the skill level, the higher the % threshold will be. Starts at 20% at level 1 and ends at 45% at max level. MP costs have not been adjusted yet. Suggestions are welcomed.
**Magic Butterfly: Nullifies all magic damage to one target. Higher levels increases duration by +5 turns, to a max of 30 turns. 18 MP at level 1, 85 MP at max level.

Suwako:

*No longer has Armor Status Bless.

What this means is that Suwako and Byakuren need new secondary commands that aren't skillsets. This also means that since Reisen's getting Armor Status Bless, she cannot have any skills that relies on Switches (which is why Suwako and Byakuren lost their secondary skillsets in the first place). I am not sure what to give either of them, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know. In addition, I am wrapping up Byakuren here soon (just need to get to Syncretism, which is gonna be a chore to code...). These are what I have in mind for the last 2 abilities to update on her, and then I'm going back to working on maps and events to progress beta5 further. Suwako, Reisen, and Nitori will have to wait until later for updates.

**Cloudy Way in Purple: Inflicts unblockable damage to all enemies depending on a base value + the number of buffs Byakuren has. The higher the skill level, the more damage the skill will do.
**Star Sword Apologetics: Reduces all resistances of all enemies by half.

I'm not really feeling it on either of these abilities at the current time, but I don't know. The first one is gonna be super hard to balance, and the second one I'm not really sure if that fits for her ultimate or not, which by the way she learns automatically at a point in beta5. This should HOPEFULLY make Byakuren much more viable to be used during the game, as she's supposed to be a key character for when the player gets her until later on.

• 2 weeks later...

More updates! And with this, I'm almost done with Byakuren's full update! Just gotta get Cloudy Way in Purple and Star Sword Apologetics updated and she'll be good to go! Suwako/Nitori/Reisen are all going to be much later on. For now, working on adding in the new mini-dungeons (the caves between Makai and Gensokyo, as well as a couple optional dungeons) and Valley of Corpses (the next dungeon for beta5. All that's needed is to put in the enemies and treasures, then test the area myself and it'll be good to go!). Alot of progress is about to be made on the game since I'm currently on a LPing hiatus (just got done doing FFVII again, so that should take at least 20 more days before I run out of videos on that and before I decide on what to do next!). For now, this is what's new!

CHARACTERS

Meiling:

**Tiger Chi Release: MP costs reduced to 4 MP at level 1, +4 MP per level up (to maximum of 20 MP at max level). Now inflicts Bravery/Deprotect/Defaith on Meiling, starting at 10 turns at level 1, up to 30 turns at max level. No longer increases stats by a raw amount.

Byakuren:

**Syncretism: Copies buffs (varies per level) to the rest of the party that Byakuren has. Level 2 versions of buffs at level 1, up to level 7 versions of buffs at max level. Any status that does not have a level higher than the current skill level will not have its duration improved.

Hope:

**Dispel/Dispelga are now 100% accuracy instead of 70%.
**Decurse now cures Curse, Zombie, and Doom to one ally.
**No longer has Bravery, Faith, or Protect. Instead, now has the following in place of those, in addition to a new skill:

**Angelsong: Restores 700 base HP to the party and grants them Regen: 50. 28 MP.
**Wall: Halves all physical/magic damage for 50 turns to one ally. 58 MP.
**Starlight Barrier: Nullifies all physical/magic damage for 10 turns to one ally. 40 MP.
**Extend: Resets the durations of all buffs to one ally. 16 MP.

Suwako:

**Suwako no longer has Armor Status Bless, which has been moved to Reisen. In its place is the Hibernate command, which puts Suwako to sleep for 10 turns but restores 100 HP and 5 MP every turn. At level 2, it restores 200 HP and 10 MP every turn, and at level 3, it restores 400 HP and 20 MP every turn.

**The damage on all AoEs have been reverted to their original damage values. MP costs will be adjusted on these later on.

ENEMIES

**Yuugenmagan now is no longer immune to Blind and Silence. He now has a 60% chance of being inflicted by Blind, as well as a 20% chance for Silence and Lock.

I'm hoping to at least at some point have all of the information available in-game (because not all of it is due to no good way of implementing it), but hopefully you won't find it TOO hard. It's kinda on the difficult side ^^;

Depends on if you play on Active or Wait. Wait is obviously much easier, while Active is a lot more challenging. Also depends on how quick you are with making decisions and how well you can recognize patterns and all that fun stuff~

Alright, so here's the problem. Valley of Corpses is pretty much set to go as it is for testing. The issue is I NEED to update Reisen and Nitori NOW, as I wanted this dungeon to be where they'd both be extremely helpful, especially Nitori (seeing as you could go through the entire game without bothering using her once). This means I need to update her skillset. However, here's the issues at hand:

A) I cannot make any of her Water or Stock abilities be SWITCH skills (for example, her Bomb Core right now would have to go because it'd require custom coding). Reason for this is I don't want the skills to overlap into the other skillsets.
B) I need to figure out how exactly I want to handle her CURRENT skills she has in her Stock command. Do I want to remove them outright? Do I want to change their MP costs? Do I want to make it so that in order to learn them, you need to use up X amount of items in the Crafting Shop on her to permanently learn the skill? If so, should it cost 0 MP or should it cost X MP? Which of her original skills should she get to keep then?
C) I would like to give her new Stock commands that can only be bought at the skill shop (in other words, to replace the skills you could learn via the Crafting Shop method or any other method). Problem is, which of these should be added? I don't want to overbloat her Stock command with too many abilities. I want her to have options, but not TOO many options!

For reference, this is her current Stock abilities (EX versions are just AoE versions of said skills):

P: Restores 200 HP.
Lapis: Restores 500 HP.
Large P: Restores 1000 HP.
1-Up: Revives a KO'd ally with 10% Max HP.
Antidote: Cures Poison and Venom.
Eye Drops: Cures Blind.
Echo Note: Cures Silence.
Bravace: Cures Berserk.
Anti-Mixup: Cures Confusion.
Alarm Clock: Cures Sleep.
Denumber: Cures Paralyze.
Mini Hammer: Cures Lock.
Soft: Cures Petrify.
Anti-Freeze: Cures Freeze.
Chrono Breaker: Cures Slow and Stop.
Faith: Cures most negative statuses.

There's also the "Gear Change" method, which would just swap the default versions of these to their EX versions, or vice versa. It COULD work, but would require a ton of coding to get working right I think.

The following, for those who don't remember, are what I was thinking of adding to her Stock command:

Strength Tonic: Bravery: 25 turns to one/party.
Iron Draft: Protect: 25 turns to one/party.
Sage's Wisdom: Faith: 25 turns to one/party.
Speed Drink: Haste: 25 turns to one.
Hero's Drink: Bravery/Protect/Faith/Haste: 25 turns to one/party.
Miracle Drink: Regen/MP Regen/Bravery/Protect/Faith/Haste: 25 turns to one/party.
Angel's Sigh: Removes all statuses and prevents statuses for 20 turns.
Neutralizer: Dispels all buffs on target.
HP Sucker: Drains HP from one target.
Hungry HP Sucker: Drains HP from all enemies.
Bottle Rocket: Minor unblockable damage to one (Roughly 100-150).
Big Bottle Rocket: Moderate unblockable damage to one (Roughly 500).
Multi-Bottle Rocket: Major unblockable damage to one (Roughly 1000-2000).
Bomb Core: Inflicts damage to target equal to current HP, but kills user.
Siren: Force battle with rarest enemy group.
Emergency Exit: Escape from battle.
Superball: Same as Meira's attack.

Some of these, like Hero's Drink, Miracle Drink, Bomb Core, and Angel's Sigh, probably won't even be here or keep their current effects, if they stay around. And this is just for the Stock command! There's Nitori's Water command too, which has...3 skills to its name:

Name: Hydro Camouflage (Upgrades to Ooze Flooding at Lv5 and Flash Flood at Lv9)
Type: Magic
Target: All Enemies
Attribute: Water
MP Per Level:
1 - 16
2 - 18
3 - 20
4 - 23
5 - 26
6 - 30
7 - 34
8 - 39
9 - 45
10 - 52
11 - 60
12 - 69
Damage/Healing Per Level:
1 - 200
2 - 350
3 - 500
4 - 650
5 - 800
6 - 950
7 - 1100
8 - 1250
9 - 1400
10 - 1650
11 - 1800
12 - 1950
Variance: ± 2 (4 at lv5, 6 at lv9)

Name: Extending Arm
Type: Physical/Magical
Target: Single Enemy
Attribute: Physical
MP Per Level:
1 - 100
Damage/Healing Per Level:
1 - 5000
Variance: ± 4

Name: Optical Camouflage
Target: Self
Attribute: None
MP Per Level:
1 - 7
2 - 14
3 - 21
4 - 28
5 - 35
6 - 42
7 - 49
8 - 56
9 - 63
10 - 70
Condition Per Level:
1 - Fire Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
2 - Fire/Ice Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
3 - Fire/Ice/Thunder Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
4 - Fire/Ice/Thunder/Earth Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
5 - Fire/Ice/Thunder/Earth/Wind Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
6 - Fire/Ice/Thunder/Earth/Wind/Holy Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
7 - Elemental Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
8 - Elemental/Poison Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
9 - Elemental/Poison/Gravity Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
10 - Elemental/Poison/Gravity/Physical Resist Up, Blink: 50 turns
Variance: ± 0

Name: Water Carpet
Target: Single Ally on odd levels, All Allies on even levels
Attribute: Water
MP Per Level:
1 - 4
2 - 8
3 - 12
4 - 16
5 - 20
6 - 24
7 - 28
8 - 32
Variance: ± 0
Additional Information:
*25% chance every 2 levels for Water Resist Up

As you can see, even her ultimate is lackluster. Again, I cannot do Switch skills so that's out of the question (but I CAN do "switch" skills via Statuses, if done right). I don't even know what else TO give her for her Water command, nor if she should even get much else in it when she also has Stock and Armor Elemental Bless. I did have this idea for a revamp of one of her moves though:

Optical Camouflage: Vanish status to one target. Avoids all physical attacks, but takes double damage from magic attacks and status wears off immediately upon losing HP from a magic attack. Single ally.

Which would be unique. There's no easy way to remove the status though since I cannot detect what type of attacks are used, and Poison/Venom/Sap/etc. would affect the coding too.

So yeah! Really need to get going on Nitori before I can continue the game! Reisen can wait until after Nitori is done since she shouldn't be nearly as hard! ^^;

So it has been decided, thanks to LockeZ for brainstorming with me! This is what will happen with Nitori!

P (Starts): Restores 200 HP.
Lapis: Restores 500 HP.
Large P: Restores 1000 HP.
1-Up: Revives a KO'd ally with 10% Max HP.
Antidote (Starts): Cures Poison and Venom.
Faith: Cures all negative statuses except Death, Zombie, and Doom.
Holy Water: Cures Zombie, Doom, Debrave, Deprotect, Defaith, Fear, and Cursed.
Strength Tonic: Grants Bravery: 25 turns to one ally.
Iron Draft: Grants Protect: 25 turns to one ally.
Sage's Wisdom: Grants Faith: 25 turns to one ally.
Speed Drink: Grants Haste: 25 turns to one ally.
Healing Spring: Grants Regen: 25 turns to one ally.
Bottle Rocket (Or Knot of Rust): Inflicts minor unblockable damage to one enemy (100-150 base damage).
Big Bottle Rocket (Or S-Mine): Inflicts moderate unblockable damage to one enemy (500 base power).
Multi-Bottle Rocket (Or 8-Inch Cannon): Inflicts major unblockable damage to one enemy (1000-2000 base power)
Neutralizer (or Dispel Tonic): Removes all buffs from one enemy. May inflict minor Mystic-elemental/non-elemental damage as well.
HP Sucker: Drains HP from one enemy.

Gear Change: Inflicts GearC on Nitori that lasts 30 turns. While status is on, all current Stock commands that can have an EX version will become EX. EX versions are half-powered of the original versions, but is still affected by Chemist/Mirror Items. If Nitori doesn't have the status, they will be back to normal. Depending on weapon equipped, the duration will be increased by 10 turns, up to +20 turns.

*For P, Lapis, Large P, Faith, 1-Up, and Holy Water, the player will need to bring X amount of those items to the crafting shop and use them for Nitori to permanently learn those skills. They will cost 0 MP whenever she uses them. For all other skills, how they will be obtained I have not decided yet. Should they be bought from the shop? Obtained from the crafting shop just like Nitori's other skills?

*Neutralizer, Bottle Rocket, Big Bottle Rocket, Multi-Bottle Rocket, and Faith will not have an EX version of them.

So that's that! Optical Camouflage may still get updated, but that's not a big priority at the moment. Reisen is in the midst of being updated. This is what I have so far:

Original versions:

**Ultraviolet Field: Cures Poison.
**Eyesight Cleaning: Cures Blind.
**Weak Heart: Cures Sleep.
**Disorder Eye: Cures Berserk.
**Mind Bending: Cures Confusion.
**Corolla Glance: Cures Paralyze.
**Ripple Vision: Cures Sleep/Silence.
**Undersense Break: Cures Petrify/Freeze/Stop.

Current updated versions:

**Ultraviolet Field: Cures Slow, Stop, Heat.
**Eyesight Cleaning: Cures Blind.
**Weak Heart: Cures Debrave, Deprotect, Defaith, Fear, Paralyze.
**Disorder Eye: Cures Confusion, Berserk.
**Mind Bending: Cures Lock, Disable.
**Corolla Glance: Cures Sap, MP Sap.
**Ripple Vision: Cures Silence.
**Undersense Break: Cures Sleep.

I'm trying to make her status healing skills be more thematic, but it's really, really hard. I was suggested to make them also grant immunity to the statuses they heal, but that seems like overkill (and I can't remove and inflict a status on the same skill anyways). Plus, Reisen has Armor Status Bless anyways so yeah. Any suggestions on Reisen's skills will be much appreciated.

Um, maybe skills that ignore the enemy's positive statuses? Seeing as how she managed to get past Sunny's, Luna's and Star's special abilities, it would make sense? I don't know, I'm new to Touhou. :KnollRoll:

Edited by Floral Pattern

A couple other characters already have Dispel (three really. One you have to buy/make it for, the other can dispel all buffs with her regular attack depending on what weapon she has equipped, and the last is halfway through the game, and that one has both Dispel and Dispelga). That would make sense for Reisen though since you brought that up. I also thought of doing the Vanish status with her, but that's already going to be used for Nitori. Hmm...

I wasn't talking about something that removes them, I was meaning something that ignores them. An attack that always hits and ignores any defensive boosts, for example.

Ah, I see. I think the only thing that gives defensive boosts is NulPhysical (nullifies physical attacks), NulMagic (ditto but for Magic), and Protect (Doubles Defense), so there's honestly not that much in that manner. I don't think there's a way to actually ignore those and damage too without outright removing them. Hmmm...

Oh, that's interesting...Well, Reisen is all about lunacy, sensing thing and different types of waves...

Lunacy could be added as just a berserk type of thing, but that's boring...

Maybe she can remove all elemental resistances and weaknesses of the enemy?

Turn an ally's skills/attacks into non-elemental ones?

Adding a piercing effect to allies' attacks?

I'm trying of thinking about ways her sensing ability can be incorporated...

I believe one of Reisen's skills is already an AoE Berserk skill so she has that heh.The main problem with Reisen's status healing spells are these:

A) I cannot use switch skills for Reisen due to her having Armor Status Bless (because if I use Switch skills, they'll be in every skillset that character has). This includes anything that requires custom coding (i.e. a lot of custom stuff actually. Reisen's avoided it so far).

B) Her status healing spells only have 1 level, whereas every other skill she has has 10 levels (that's the normal amount of levels).

Turning skills/attacks into non-elemental ones would be interesting, I'll grant you that. The problem is there's no way for me to do that with skills without duplicating everyone's skillsets (and fudge that!) as well as a loooot of custom coding, and for regular attacks, that'd be a nightmare in itself because of how the Weapon Bless coding already is. I WOULD love to use the elemental resistances/weaknesses thing, but that'd require a switch skill. Suwako will more than likely be getting something that'll halve all enemies elemental resistances for one skill, status for another, anyways (and due to Suwako probably using a lot of switch skills, that's why she lost Armor Status Bless and it got moved to Reisen. Sad, since originally that was what made Suwako so useful and unique ^^; )

I'd love to do more with the sensing mechanic and lunacy, that's for sure, since I try my darndest to incorporate everyone's canon abilities into their skillsets, but Reisen's really, really hard to do that with properly heh.

Nitori has something like that already (requires her to have a specific armor on to access it though). Reisen's overworld passive lets her see hidden teleports that are only around once you complete a dungeon.

Hmm, then I really don't know what else...maybe something to link her with the moon? I don't know, really. Random chance for an enemy to gain a random negative status for X amount of turns? Is time a mechanic in this game? If yes, you could base her skills on the moon phases?

While I'm trying to get Extend to work (because it's not working as intended), I already got the Valley of Corpses - Dimensional Rift and the next event fully coded out (just have to fix dialogue errors and set up the boss fight for the new event), and then it's back to doing more event fixing before Frozen Fields happens! I'm going to need some suggestions for enemies here, but I'll get to that in a bit.

For anyone who has gotten up to beta5 so far, and at least got up to Hollowed Caverns, if you are interested in beta testing the newest sections and dungeons for beta5, please let me know. Of course, I need people who haven't overgrinded (because there are people who got to like level 50 or higher while waiting on stuff, or actually maxed out character stats by grinding stat boosting items and the like). Recommended levels around level 25-30, if possible. 35 is acceptable too I believe for this section. EXP and whatnot will be adjusted at a later date, but those levels are what I need (my Marisa, for instance, was level 35 I believe, while my Hope was level 30. Everyone else was around level 25-28). I definitely need people to test out enemies and whatnot to make sure they're balanced as I already know how to deal with them myself, so it's super easy for me to abuse their weaknesses and the like. I didn't even abuse their status weaknesses (yes, enemies are actually pretty vulnerable to some statuses now. That's something I'm trying to fix up on enemies for certain).

The following sections/dungeons are what's needed for testing (in spoilers):

Hollowed Caverns
Hollowed Caverns - Dimensional Rift
Shinki's Scenario
Rinnosuke's Scenario. This one needs heavy testing for good reasons.
Pandaemonium Downtime
Corpse Cave
Valley of Corpses
Valley of Corpses - Dimensional Rift

This will require me to upload the most recent version of the game if you are interested in testing this out. In addition, if anyone is really bored and want to help out, feel free to play through from the start and test out enemies, see what status resistance or moveset changes enemies could use, etc. etc. Or, try to go through without grinding too much! I am also going to be testing HP/MP+ accessories to make sure that they're working properly, because my Marisa somehow has 720 MP at level 36 with a +60% MP accessory, and that doesn't...seem right.

With that out of the way, here's what's to come for Frozen Fields in terms of enemies/bosses (do not read past this point if you don't want spoilers on who the enemies/bosses are!!!). Movesets aren't finalized yet obviously, but there's some there right now.

===================================
FROZEN FIELDS
===================================

Bomb:

Self-Destruct
Fireball
Fira
Blaze
Body Slam

Red Mousse:

White Mousse:

Fire Elemental:

Ice Elemental:

Grenade:

Self-Destruct
Chain Reaction (Used only when low on HP. Forces all other Bombs and Grenades to use Self-Destruct on their turn)
Blizzaga
Absolute Zero
Firaga

Necromancer (NM):

[When low on HP, uses a 1 time full heal and becomes stronger. When "alive", uses fire magic. When "revived", uses ice magic]

(Alive)

Flare Tornado
Flare Star
Flare
Nova Storm

(Revived)

Avalanche
Icicle Rain
Frigid Damsel
Freeze
Diamond Edge

Yuugemagan:

Yuki:

Chaos Flare
Burn
Firaja

Mai:

Frostbite
Freeze
Blizzaja

More updates! A lot more got changed than I thought they did...a lot are minor but still worth mentioning. On that note, I've updated the Player Skills document, so there's that going. I might update the Enemy Skills and Inventory documents, if for my benefit at the very least, but taking 6 more hours to get through everything sounds ugh. Even worse if it's the Bestiary which needs updated super badly...and I don't really want to deal with THAT thing. Wish there was an easier way of doing bestiaries in 2k3...

Also of note, I might actually start trying to do status icons since I ripped enough of them from FFIX and X-2 for the wiki. I got them all on my external so got a lot I can use! On that note, I totally forgot there was a boss fight I need to do first before I can continue on with the game, so I need to do that. Having a bit of a hard time coming up with something interesting though. For those who are wondering the boss fight is:

The Red Oni and Blue Oni that Chen uses. Yes, they're actually bosses, and they're fought using only Yamame and Medicine. Yes, there's a storyline reason to this, but I need to figure out what's the best way of handling this boss fight, especially since 90% of skills aren't magic or physical (well, they are in terms of them using that stat of the character, but in terms of the ATTRIBUTE, they tend to only be non-elemental or elemental, but never elemental/non-elemental physical or magic unless it's something that looks it). If anyone has any ideas for this fight, do shoot me a breeze!

I'm also thinking of what to do with Sanae's three stat boosting abilities since...well...they're pretty garbage. I could do AoE Bravery, Protect, and Faith, but that sounds like a cop-out with her (and I also gotta do something with her Absorb Resist up ability that she doesn't really need at all). Arrrrgh!

==========================================
SYSTEM

**Ying-Yang Scrolls now cost more as follows:
**Lv1: 150 > 1500
**Lv2: 800 > 2450
**Lv3: 1750 > 4500
**Lv4: 0 > 8250
**Tiger Scrolls now cost as follows:
**Lv1: 2000 > 1000
**Lv2: 5000 > 2000
**Lv3: 10000 > 4000
**Lv4: 0 > 8000
**Lv5: 0 > 16000
**All of Nitori's original Stock command scrolls no longer exist in the game data. If the player had any of these in their inventory, they are now gone. Hopefully they didn't buy these and not use them immediately to get the money back before the next update!

CHARACTERS

Marisa:

**Devildom Torch has been altered. It no longer removes buffs on enemies nor deals non-elemental magic damage. It now inflicts Defaith on the enemy, starting at 10 turns at level 1, +10 turns per level up to a maximum of 40 turns at max level.

Reisen:

**Life Elixir now only works on Reisen and can no longer target other allies.
**Ultrared Field now has 100% accuracy instead of 80%.
**Infrared Moon now targets all allies instead of just one ally.

Nitori:

**Nitori's Stock command has been completely revamped:

**P (Starts): Restores 200 HP.
**Lapis: Restores 500 HP.
**Large P: Restores 1000 HP.
**1-Up: Revives a KO'd ally with 10% Max HP.
**Antidote (Starts): Cures Poison and Venom.
**Faith: Cures all negative statuses except Death, Zombie, and Doom.
**Holy Water: Cures Zombie, Doom, Debrave, Deprotect, Defaith, Fear, and Cursed.
**Strength Tonic: Grants Bravery: 25 turns to one ally.
**Iron Draft: Grants Protect: 25 turns to one ally.
**Sage's Wisdom: Grants Faith: 25 turns to one ally.
**Speed Drink: Grants Haste: 25 turns to one ally.
**Healing Spring: Grants Regen: 25 turns to one ally.
**Knot of Rust: Inflicts minor unblockable damage to one enemy (100-150 base damage).
**S-Mine: Inflicts moderate unblockable damage to one enemy (500 base power).
**8-Inch Cannon: Inflicts major unblockable damage to one enemy (1000-2000 base power)
**Neutralizer (or Dispel Tonic): Removes all buffs from one enemy. May inflict minor Mystic-elemental/non-elemental damage as well.
**HP Sucker: Drains HP from one enemy.

*In addition, Nitori gained a new ability in her default Water command.

**Gear Change: Inflicts GearC on Nitori that lasts 30 turns. While status is on, all current Stock commands that can have an EX version will become EX. EX versions are half-powered of the original versions, but is still affected by Chemist/Mirror Items. If Nitori doesn't have the status, they will be back to normal. Depending on weapon equipped, the duration will be increased by 10 turns, up to +20 turns.

*For all of Nitori's Stock abilities excluding her starting abilities, the player can no longer buy or win the skills. Now the player must acquire them from the crafting shop by trading in X amount of items to learn the skills. There are no EX versions of Faith, Neutralizer, or the attack items. There are no Mirror Item version of Neutralizer or the attack items. There is no Chemist version of Neutralizer or the attack items excluding HP Sucker.

Suwako:

*New skills available:

**Full Sakura Blizzard: Level 1 cures Curse, level 2 cures Heat, level 3 cures Disable, level 4 cures Zombie, and level 5 cures Doom. Starts at 8 MP at level 1, 17 MP at level 2, 24 MP at level 3, 30 MP at level 4, and 39 MP at level 5.

Yuuka:

**Crackdown no longer attempts to reduce one target's Defense to 0 at 40% accuracy. It now has a 10% chance of inflicting 9999 damage with no element attached to it.

Hope:

**Cosmic Spear (Fate's Limit Break) is now set to 100% accuracy instead of 90% accuracy. All Limit Breaks are 100% accuracy.