That sprite theft though

Klokinator

The P.S. was with regards to their awful forum design. Ignoring the sprite issue, that forum is terrible. Green on blue is more like green on EW. Not to mention that distracting background and the skittles array of colors across the board.

I may think SF's skin is a bit boring, but at least the colors don't reduce my eyes to ashes lol. I can still agree that the P.S. was unnecessary though so that's a thing.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's obvious that these guys won't be made to cooperate easily. A different approach must be made.

In all honesty, these are pretty decent humans. The site staff, anyway.

Edited by Mercenary Lord

Well, it's obvious that these guys won't be made to cooperate easily. A different approach must be made.

And what, praytell, is this different approach? We (well, you guys) can't force anyone to comply with requests not to use work without permission or credit or to take down ones that have already been posted when it's off-site. All you can do is (politely) ask and hope they're reasonable. This is basically a losing battle of an overall process (kinda like the whole campaign to end bullying - sorry folks, you gotta do something about the bullies instead of just the activity) - not necessarily for this specific situation, just in general. Individuals will do whatever they want so long as they can't be held accountable. And given that there's no real "internet police" that can actually enforce universal rules, this is an issue that isn't going to magically go away.

Plus, this just popped up today. Relax and give it time.

Edited by Lord Glenn

The P.S. was with regards to their awful forum design. Ignoring the sprite issue, that forum is terrible. Green on blue is more like green on EW. Not to mention that distracting background and the skittles array of colors across the board.

I may think SF's skin is a bit boring, but at least the colors don't reduce my eyes to ashes lol. I can still agree that the P.S. was unnecessary though so that's a thing.

What does the forum's looks have to do with the situation?

Klok, you were posting information you didn't need to *JUST* so you can say how terrible it is.

That's not diplomatic at all.

We need someone more calm and neutral to handle this situation.

For one thing there's the question if said "diplomat" should be one who has had a sprite stolen.

Would it be better if it was so that they'd understand that perspective?

Or someone who knows someone who has had a sprite stolen?

As someone notorious on this forum for blowing up at people, and as someone who has had stuff stolen fairly enough, I've learned that something serious like this can't be handled like that.

Also, I'm sorry, Klok, but the way you handled yourself is like someone who was the owner of 99% of the stuff they stole.

It's one thing to call it out and be angry because your friends' stuff is stolen... it is another to act in the manner as if you were the one wronged.

You cannot represent those people in that regard, Klok.

Neon Blue is the best colour, I don't know what you're talking about.

I've already begun working on the problem, and would be more than happy to get a list of offending sprites.

I won't try to explain/defend/etc what's going on, for myself or for other members of the forum, but I will try and get everything rectified. Just wanted to let you know that we're willing to work on it.

By the way, I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I think I might have seen the name Aurion on some site before. It's also VERY close to the name of a weapon from one of my Zelda stories, though that could just be coincidence.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, we're kind of missing some references. If you guys can help, that'd be appreciated.

Also, please note that we didn't dig past the 3rd page, since things after that sort of peter off into "ancient history" territory.

Here’s a list of things we’ve managed to find or are suspicious of. It’d help a lot if you guys could point out some of the questionable cases and maybe help with battle sprites, since neither Nih nor I are particularly savvy in that field.

Once the list is more or less finished, I’m going to confront the members on the forum with the evidence. Hopefully, things should settle peacefully. If not, well… What can you do?

> Rogus

[spoiler=Thefts]IKPNGlP7JmCLLCC99BQV.png

Julian from Crossover Hack, Sothe by ??? [need help]

zy7UkvI3lcV1z84vj50P.png

Ezio Auditore by Senzo Masamori

> Charlie

[spoiler=Thefts]

charlottewavyhair.gif

Estelle by Astelaine

bewbie_charlotte.gif

Bonestorm99?

charlotte.gifSara.gif

Alexis by AK

Riva.gifBAEvelyn.gif

Altenna and Titania by Vamp

> Synkkis

[spoiler=Thefts]

Synkkis_Druid_Tome.png

Henry by L95

HFKnu26LYchhcT7lMKaF.png

Generic Brigand by Vamp

For_Nax.pngu8st7M7.png

Fem Jaffar by Vamp, Tiamo/Cordelia and Anna by AstraLunaSol

Rosa_EDIT2.png

Melanie by Vamp

[spoiler=Questionable]

kawaiiasfucknigga3real.png

> Richter Abend

*Note: There were some concerns expressed about his posting for “customers.” Whether that means he is actually selling sprites that are not his remains to be seen.

[spoiler=Thefts]

RichterTournament100x100.gif

Vamp

RichtertheHeroMug-1.gif

Nickt?

Axel1HB.gif

Marcus by Merc

AnsgarHelmet.gif

Nephnee by Vamp, AK by AK

JamesClotworthy.gif

Solid Snake by Uther33

ArdusCloak.gif

Fargus, Generic Brigand by Vamp, (Hair?)

[spoiler=Questionable]

Saturos.gif

> Orlando

[spoiler=Thefts]

guerrieroff.png

Gray and Force by Asvel

ladroff.png

Ruka and Robin by Asvel

cinturaneraff.png

MK404

Splice Tutorial - SqRtofPi and Vamp

> Karina

*Note: 01

[spoiler=Thefts]

transparentcp.png

Leanne by Vamp

9175150jxobiefu.gif

Rath by Merc

karinafullbody.png

Farina by Merc, MK404

> Individual Cases

[spoiler=Thefts]Huxley.png from Rayl Torien

Merc

[spoiler=Questionable]

7qBWHzN.png by Aethan

graynomadstub.png by Grayson

Edited by Aeothos

Any missing links are ones I've already cleaned up.

I can also assure you Edward Zobek is my work and my work alone.

I have to get home, but I will address this when I do.

EDIT: My "customers" are people in the thread who want sprites. Nobody is making money off of these on the site, you can be sure.

Edited by richterabend

Well, we don't have most of the refs, but at this point, I don't think we really need some of them. They're pretty blatant.

@Richter - Glad to see someone here who can vouch for themselves.

Any missing links are ones I've already cleaned up.

I can also assure you Edward Zobek is my work and my work alone.

I have to get home, but I will address this when I do.

EDIT: My "customers" are people in the thread who want sprites. Nobody is making money off of these on the site, you can be sure.

I'm glad to know that that is your work only and dat the customer thing was referring to requests only. I'm sorry because i actually am the one who pointed that out when I saw it. ^_^"

I'm pretty sure they only stole from noteworthy spriters up to this point. Your sprites are fairly average, not that that's bad or anything. Most people want to look as good as possible so they steal from the best/most unique mugs before even considering the lower tier ones.

So none of mine showed up. (lol) Wow, thats just...wow...i read through this and wow..

Wow.

#doge

Was insulting me really necessary? I know I'm no sprite expert or anything, but saying that someone's work is "average and low-tier" just like that is rude.

Not really. Considering ive been spriting since 2006 and still not up to par to some of the guys who've been at it for much less time, its not rude at all. Its just honest. My work is pretty bottom tier and im first to admit it. Hence why none of mine have been stolen by those guys.

What is going on here is rather shameful and i do hope for a tidy and painless resolution.

By the way, I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I think I might have seen the name Aurion on some site before. It's also VERY close to the name of a weapon from one of my Zelda stories, though that could just be coincidence.

Aurion is also the last name of Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia, which is pretty well known, so I doubt it's relevant to anything

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Nightmare, July 9, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Nightmare, July 9, 2014 - No reason given

*someone delete my shame*

Edited by General Ciraxis

Alright, so I think I removed moooooost of these...most of Karina's were broken links, so I think those have been unintentionally dealt with.

Rayl had an incomplete citation for his mug in his thread so I updated that.

Grayson's is his own. I can vouch for that.

If any more pop up, just shoot me a PM and I'll handle it.

I want to apologize for the inconvenience, and the faux pax. None of us had any malicious intent (can't really explain the tutorial) and none of us really realized it was so upsetting. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, and have a great evening.

Found this over on those forums. I see the Dragoon animation from Death or Glory, a splice competition entry, and Deranger's spellblade animation, among many other familiar sprites.

lol, I didn't notice this until now, but this thread was created about an half hour ago. Part of me thinks someone just made this thread to mess with us.

http://fewotw.proboards.com/thread/4430/make-stuff

That one is just MercLord jumping on another board, he's on SF too http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31518

Found this over on those forums. I see the Dragoon animation from Death or Glory, a splice competition entry, and Deranger's spellblade animation, among many other familiar sprites.

lol, I didn't notice this until now, but that thread was created about an half hour ago. Part of me thinks someone just made that thread to mess with us. Actually, the member who created this topic only joined that forum a few hours ago. It reeks of troll.

http://fewotw.proboards.com/thread/4430/make-stuff

Lol are you fucking joking dude XD