What was your Reaction, in Smash bros tralier?

Tide of Waves

Closing thoughts: I'd rather have dysentery, leprosy, and gonorrhea all at once.

That seems a little dramatic.

I'm more surprised that people are surprised to see Captain Falcon. I'm not a huge fan of including so many Fire Emblem characters when they could have added someone more interesting but I can't complain. Awakening was a pretty massive success so I suppose it's only natural they cater to fans.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Chrom and Lucina were both being shown in the first scene made me think Sakurai might be crazy enough to add both of them. Thankfully we just got one, though I'm not super keen on Lucina. Robin was my most-wanted FE newcomer, though, so I'm thrilled he made it. Honestly, I couldn't be happier. I would like Shulk at some point, but even if Shulk doesn't make it I got Ike, Robin, and Greninja already lined up to be mains. And that's just mains; I'm loving a ton of the new characters and changes to older people like Pit. Given how much I was hoping for Shulk, it's a testament to how much I loved this trailer that I'm not in the least bit disappointed.

When I saw the trailer I was very hyped (I still want Shulk), and I still am for Robin and Captain Falcon (Lets hope he gets buffed in this game).

When I saw Lucina I was exited at first, but when I saw that she's a Marth Clone, down to the same idle animation I became a bit disappointed.

Although from what I've read, Lucina doesn't have the tip of the sword mechanic that Marth does, so that's a thing.

Edited by Kamina

Captain Falcon, Chrom being a sad sack, and Gematsu finally being proven wrong were probably what got the most reaction out of me. This trailer should have made me very happy (Lucina in, yay!) and very irate (I was wrong about Robin, shit) at the same time, but somehow I just wound up being incredibly impassive toward it. Maybe I was confused by the mechanics of Robin's magic lol I dunno. Lucina being a Marth clone is also rather disappointing, but I guess that's bound to happen when so many new characters are being added.

Four Fire Emblem characters, though. That's probably the biggest surprise of all to me.

Could have done better with Lucina, that much is certain. She emulates the Hero-King to a certain extent in the story, but I'm not keen on copying his moves. That. to me, just seems like a shortcut conveniently covered by canon. What a cash-in.

Robin, on the other hand, looks extremely interesting. I want to know the full list of tomes at his disposal, what each of them can do, and how they're willing to implement the 'weapon uses' gimmick (since, judging by what was said in the trailer, that seems like what they're going for).

And why are people surprised that Captain Falcon is in the game? -__-

Edited by Inference

I'm really glad about Lucina (I didn't expect her because of her similarity to Marth), female Robin was icing on the cake - I love her default hairstyle.

Well, F-Zero is dead - maybe that's why.

It's not as much as surprised, rather excited/relieved. After Nintendo basically said "fuck you F-Zero fans, Mario Kart is so much better" last year, fans like myself have just been waiting to see Captain Falcon in another game.

Maybe Nintendo is going to have a Kid Icarus period with F-Zero at last, reviving a dead franchise to great glory.

That would be amazing, and amazingly smart if they did.

He's probably Gregor's son from the extremely far off future, where everyone's hobby turned from fighting to racing.

No need to worry about the Risen or Grima, seeing as how Captain Falcon shrugged off Falchion like it was nothing. One knee of justice to the face and you're good.

He probably just came back to recruit Lucina and Chrom for a race, before they said no.

Edited by Master Awesome

Otherwise, Avatar looks promising but calling his attacks all the time sounds hilariously lame.

IIRC in the Pauletena trailer, she called out a lot of her moves, but I would be surprised if that was actually in game and not just a voice over for the trailer, and same for Robin.

Capn Falcon is still a beast and I would have been stunned if he did not get in.

Robin looks like so much fun and even though Lucina is mostly a clone of Marth, I'm still going to love playin as her. It didn't stop me from loving playing as Roy back in melee (before I even knew what FE was) and it won't stop me now.

I was more impressed by the Captain. Lucina was cool until I saw her using Marth's attacks and idle animation. Robin was completely unexpected for me. I honestly thought both Chrom and Lucina would be in over him but at least he has unique stuff going for him. I honestly think Chrom would have been an Ike clone at this point.

Still gonna try out both Luci and Robin and see how they feel. Never know if a character in fighting games will appeal you and all that gameplay wise.

I was more excited to see Captain Falcon's triumphant return but Robin's fighting style piqued my interest.

I'm very excited about Robin. Their moveset looks really interesting. I'm hoping Lucina isn't a Marth clone, but either way I'm satisfied with having more female characters. Captain Falcon, well, I can't say I was excited to see him, but I would be disappointed if he didn't return.

I'm pretty sure everyone across the world loves Captain Falcon's unbridled manliness far too much for him to ever be cut from any SSB game ever. Incidentally I enjoyed seeing him too haha.

Edited by BANRYU

quot+HYES+quot+_186dacfb9ba6450b1ca2a5f8

I'll be honest, I would've been a hell of a lot more interested in Lucina and Robin if Captain Falcon didn't show up. Once I saw him, I totally forgot about Lucina and Chrom.

I just hope he gets buffed. There's no reason why an original manly smasher should be mid/bottom tier.

Edited by Master Awesome

I actually wasn't there in time to watch the live trailer.

I was at school. But I went to the bathroom, initially to watch the video... but I went to the site on my phone, saw Robin and Lucina. And then I literally peed it was so gross.

Glad about Robin and Lucina though! And Captain Falcon too.