Some people could make cases for Lon'qu/Lissa, Stahl/Sully, Gregor/Nowi, and Virion/Cherche.

In Lon'qu/Lissa's case, it would be Lon'qu protecting Lissa from an arrow attack, Owain being protected by his dad from a bow-using Risen, and Owain mentioning to his dad that Risen ended his (Owain's dad's) life in the original timeline. Not to mention the fact that Owain starts off as a Myrmidon, even though his mom doesn't have the class herself nor does his uncle have it. (But it does likely come from Lissa's Pegasus Knight gameplay-wise.) Going by FE4 pairing likelihood, the same gendered parent often does have the same class as the kid in question.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a case can be made for Frederick x Cordelia as well (one of the reasons I really like the pairing, in fact). Not only does Frederick fit really well as Severa's father, but his ending with Cordelia fits in with Phila's decision to make Cordelia her successor. Frederick and Cordelia's marriage ending has Cordelia helping Frederick to train new recruits. She would have to do this if she becomes the new leader of the Pegasus knights, as she would need to help train new recruits for them.

As for how I think Frederick fits well as Severa's father, she always complained that Cordelia valued Chrom too much and that no one thought she could live up to her legacy. I can see Frederick contributing to this because he's really devoted to Chrom as well, though I don't think at all that he would intend to leave Severa with the thoughts she has. And in Severa's father support, her dad is quite disciplining and emphasizes chores and duties, which has Frederick written all over it.

I actually think this is a better case than even Frederick x Female Avatar, even though I find that one could make sense too because knight captain + tactician is just one hell of a team. They'd train an amazing army together.

Edited by Anacybele

Let's not start this topic of "arguing cases" for which pairings can be canon. I can make a case for maMU/Miriel. I can make a case for Chrom/Olivia. I can make a case for almost every pairing in the game - including the ones I don't even like. I find that there are few pairings that outright contradict one another, so it's not that hard to make a case for why they could be canon.

Yeah, I agree with you there, Sangyul, it's just that we think some pairings have stronger cases than others. Not that we think only a few pairings have cases at all.

Edited by Anacybele

Eh it's a game that lets you pair pretty much everyone with pretty much everyone else (unfortunately only heterosexually)

establishing a canon would be kinda against the spirit of the game imo

I'd like to think there's an AU for every combination of pairings possible, alternate universes is FE13's thing as well no

in which your headcanon canon pairs are the pairs in the AU you create but there is no real one established canon

Edited by Thor Odinson

What's wrong with there being no homosexual pairings? It's not like the developers hate gays and lesbians or anything. We've seen implied homos in past FEs, like Heather. They just can't work in Awakening because the children wouldn't be able to exist.

What's wrong with there being no homosexual pairings? It's not like the developers hate gays and lesbians or anything. We've seen implied homos in past FEs, like Heather. They just can't work in Awakening because the children wouldn't be able to exist.

Adoption is a thing y'know.

Yeah, I agree with you there, Sangyul, it's just that we think some pairings have stronger cases than others. Not that we think only a few pairings have cases at all.

Yeah, but 'stronger case than others' still doesn't mean canon. I can mount a case for Stahl/Sully based on their unique paired ending and it still doesn't invalidate Chrom/Sully or Kellam/Sully or Virion/Sully or any other pairing for Sully in the way that Ced's presence as Prince of Silesse in FE5 invalidates all the other pairings for Ced's parents in FE4.

there's still the characters who don't canonically have children with anyone but MU, why not them

Kjelle x Severa was strongly implied at at least on Kjelle's part during Harvest Scramble and they can't have kids with anyone but MU

Why couldn't they S rank

bisexuality is a thing too (e.g. Kjelle could still be into both MaMU and make Morgan but if you pair her with Severa child units can't make their own kids regardless of gender combination) and in FE4 there was the substitute system

Edited by Thor Odinson

He said it was "unfortunate, not "wrong". And you don't get any kids from second-gen pairings, either, so it's not like it wouldn't "work".

Except the kids are clearly meant to be biological. Because variable hair colors and inheritance. :/

And neither of those things are barriers to including adoption in the game. FFS, the RPG landscape is littered with adopted children.

The hair colors are a barrier. The children always inherit their non-definite parent's hair color. They can't do that if they're adopted.

As for why there are no homo S supports for the kids, that would then lead people to complain about why they don't exist for the first generation.

I don't see why this is such a big deal. IS chose not to do homo pairings, that's that.

it's merely unfortunate and you made a big deal out of one word in parenthesis as an aside and conveniently ignored the rest of the post that was actually relevant to the topic

Edited by Thor Odinson

The hair colors are a barrier. The children always inherit their non-definite parent's hair color. They can't do that if they're adopted.

Oh please. You either randomize the hair color, or you use a surrogate parent. Hi, my name is Interceptor, and I solve stupid problems.

I don't see why this is such a big deal. IS chose not to do homo pairings, that's that.

It's not "a big deal". It's unfortunate that they chose not to, because there really isn't any mechanical reason why it would be impossible. End of story.

As for why there are no homo S supports for the kids, that would then lead people to complain about why they don't exist for the first generation.

Then make the children of homosexual pairings not have the hair colours of parents and assign them a random colour. Hair dye is also a possibility.

And regarding skill inheritance, that wouldn't be genetic, but stuff that had been taught by the parent while the child grew up. Genetics won't teach a child to have the ability to do more damage.

EDIT: Interceptor summed up my post essentially.

Edited by Bloo

It's not "a big deal". It's unfortunate that they chose not to, because there really isn't any mechanical reason why it would be impossible. End of story.

Well, I don't think it's unfortunate. Because I don't see how a lack of homo pairings is a bad thing. That's been my main point from the beginning.

Or you can just ignore an aside in a parenthesis that was more or less meant to clarify the parameters and context of everyone x everyone and actually focus on the real content of the post

I didn't write 4 sentences just to have people focus on 3 words that wasn't even meant to be important

Well, I don't think it's unfortunate.

I don't care.

Because I don't see how a lack of homo pairings is a bad thing.

Nobody said it was "a bad thing". This is your wording.

That's been my main point from the beginning.

I understand your point perfectly. Your point is tangential and nonsensical.

Or you can just ignore an aside in a parenthesis that was more or less meant to clarify the parameters and context of everyone x everyone and actually focus on the real content of the post

Well, the rest of your post was uncontroversial. Hard for someone to make a shitstorm out of it.

fair enough. just can't get away from shitstorms eh

FWIW, I think that the idea of alternate universes as a way to evade canon is a pretty good one, since it uses the rules of the world that it exists in. Everyone's headcanon can be right in a multiverse. Although that does mean that nobody can be wrong, which apparently is a show-stopper, because FOH if people can't lord their superior internal storylines over someone else's.

I mean if we get into the whole canon thing next thing people will be like "what avatar set up is canon" and in a game with so many combinations of customisation and choice in regards to pairings, well...

NGL I kinda want to see someone trying to argue which avatar setup is canon now just because of how funny it'd be.

Or, you know, they could've implemented a different system in which there exist adopted children that were taught their skills. It's not like anyone thinks that the biological kids have these skills since birth and just know them. Because, you know, that's stupid.

They could have integrated it but chose not to. And that is a problem. Though I have no hope that there would be gay S-supports in any future FE.