ATTN: Wings of Courage readers

Dragoncat

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who should take the Daein throne at the end?

• Micaiah
    • Pelleas
    • I have another idea(specify)
    • Control option so I can view results. Don't choose this.
  2. 2. Do you want a timeskip so there can be a generation 2?

• Yes
    • No
    • Control option so I can view results. Don't choose this.

True true. I guess she can make him one, and everybody else would have to shut up.

And omg that sounds so like Kieran. Be his luck, the kids would actually end up falling for each other and then him and Oscar would be in laws xD

IKE X MIA FOREVER!

Seriously. I've even figured out how to write it so it doesn't conflict with RD canon. *cough* anyways, Marcia and Kieran are an interesting pairing and I'm surprised they didn't get a mention in the epilogue of RD, but then again a lot of potential couples (Zihark X Ilyana/Meg for example) didn't.

Yeah only I don't hate Mia. Lol that was random....

I don't think Zihark was the least bit interested in Meg. I don't know what Brom was smoking when he came up with that idea xD Tons of guys closer to her age and he chooses a random guy he met during the war to father his grandkids? Seriously wtf.

And yep, I can't stop giggling at that idea. Kieran's reaction would be priceless...

Edited by Dragoncat

Arranged marriages happened a lot back then, which is why it's very annoying that it doesn't get resolved. It's implied that they didn't marry, but since Meg's whole reason for being there WAS to marry him... way to backhand Meg. At least a scene where they agreed that they didn't want to be married to each other would have been nice.

Edit: The Mia postulate.

We know that Ike, at some point, did have a kid thanks to FE13. However there is no evidence to suggest who the mother is. What we know is very limited beyond the fact that there was a mother, but she could have just been a village girl for all we know. But let's take a step back. In PoR Ike has only three supports with females. Elincia, Lethe, and Titania. Elincia would, canonically, end up with Geoffry, which is just another sign of how dumb the RD endings are, and there is no indication in the slightest in Awakening that Priam has Laguz blood, leaving only Titania.

Now RD comes into the picture. If Ike had a child in Tellus it was most likely with someone he knew well. Most of the women in the game show no special relationship with Ike which puts them in the 'highly unlikely' category, but let's not rush ahead. The woman most likely to have Ike's child would be someone he had spent plenty of time with, putting the GM's at the front of the list. Mist is out for pretty obvious reasons, leaving just two female GM's, Titania and Mia.

So why Mia over Titania? After all, Mia, despite being a GM, shows no special connection to Ike beyond a employee/boss relationship. Well... In Mia's ending we find out that she's been wandering the world and only rarely stopping at the base. This could be, very well, Mia seeking for her lost love/father of her child across the world and struggling to find him, returning home to check on her growing child. It's a valid and LIKELY explanation IF she had a kid with him, but that doesn't PROVE that she did...

However, when we delve into the meta-game we find out that Mia is the best support for Ike AND the most likely wielder of Ragnell's sister-blade Alondite in the actual game itself. Granted this is likely not intentional and can easily be nullified by having Ike support anyone else/giving the blade to anyone else, but that doesn't change that the meta DOES nudge it in this direction a bit.

So, where does that leave us? Mia and Titania are the only women whom have spent a sizable amount of time with Ike, enough to form a relationship, and Titania ends up managing the Mercs after Ike leaves while Mia ends up wandering about. Mia also is the most likely wielder of the blade and the best support for him in the meta. This isn't to say that it's solid and is shaky compared to the 'random village person' idea, but of the known characters she seems the most likely.

Edited by Snowy_One

Yeah, true. Arranged marriages especially happened a lot in royal families during medieval times, which is why I have a theory that Geoffrey and Elincia might have been betrothed and that's why they married. Because of an arrangement by their parents (as well as Renning) and for political reasons. It would explain why Elincia chose not to pursue the crush she seemed to have on Ike in PoR (in the English version, at least). She wanted to remain faithful to her parents' wishes, even though she was sure they would have liked Ike. Her parents died horrible deaths and it was probably their last wish for Geoffrey and Elincia to marry.

Of course, I have Elincia eventually decide to give in to her desires and lack of confidence as a ruler and go after Ike anyway. :P I mean, she DOES say in RD that she never wanted to be queen. So I figured she would really prefer the life Ike has. It still wasn't easy for her to decide, nor was it easy for me to take this route with my writing. But yeah. She's just glad and lucky that Renning was found alive. :P

And Meg still found a husband! I'm sure she loved him. But yeah, she traveled all that way to find Zihark only not to get him. Kinda sad... She's very cute for a heavyset girl too.

Edited by Anacybele

At least a scene where they agreed that they didn't want to be married to each other would have been nice.

Agreed.

That sort of thing did exist, but I always thought it was more of a royalty sort of thing, which Meg obviously isn't...

It would SO suck to be in an arranged marriage. Be my luck I'd be stuck with someone butt ugly both personality and looks...and I would say something like "I'd rather be with that guy over there, do me a favor and tell people any kid I have with him is yours." And then all hell would break lose. I'm so weird lol.

Yeah, and I bet anything that my mom would make me marry someone overprotective and overaffectionate and makes a lot of money because she seems to think I always need someone around to take care of me, help me out and do everything for me, and that I'll get lonely if I'm by myself for even a little while... xP

I do get lonely every now and then, but I can do plenty of things on my own. Just because I have a disability doesn't mean I always need help. It just means I might need a bit of help getting started.