Who is Kamui?

Ambulz

I'm with ??? on this one. Yeah, Kamui looks young, but definitely older than twelve. He's at least 15, judging by the structure of his face (the cheekbones, jaw, etc). Another factor to consider is that this may be a prototype of sorts.

Well, like I said, even 15 is too young for my liking.

the entire game is gloriously unrealistic.

Definitely explains my disinterest in it. I prefer some realism.

Well, like I said, even 15 is too young for my liking.

Definitely explains my disinterest in it. I prefer some realism.

And yet Children (Early teens) fighting, especially back in the Medieval times IS Realistic. Even today it happen, though admittedly thats usually against their will. That said 6 takes it to an absurd level but...

Edited by Thunderfox

I know, I'm not saying there can't be ANY kids in the army. I'm absolutely fine with having characters like Mist, Rolf, Meg, and Tormod all in the same game. But like you said, FE6 takes it to an absurd level, and given how young Kamui looks, I worry a bit about how many kids this new game will have in its playable army.

Luckily, the dancer girl looks about 18ish.

Also, while I prefer realism, that doesn't mean that I'll automatically like EVERY single thing that's realistic.

Edited by Anacybele

So Kamui is 12, and Dancer girl is 18. Yay for shota !
Seriously though, I agree with Anacybelle, I don't want a kid lord too. I just hope they will actually work on the adult build more.

You know, a Dragon protagonist, that would be pretty badass, gloriously unlikely and broken, but still pretty badass.

A kid would be Ricken. A round, youthful face, big eyes, short stature... Kamui definitely looks like a teenager, maybe 15 at youngest, his eye and face shape supports this. He appears to be decently tall, though sprites don't do much for height...

Another factor to consider is that this may be a prototype of sorts.

If the theory that Kamui is the self-insert character, I'm pretty certain there will be options concerning body build like in FE13. So you don't want your prince/lord to look like an adolescent; just go for the bigger build. Problem solved!

Even though FE6 was a bunch of kids going against almighty Bern, the tone of the game was well... not the brightest I would say. It definitely didn't feel kiddish imo but I guess such aspects of a game are up to personal opinion.

And yet Children (Early teens) fighting, especially back in the Medieval times IS Realistic. Even today it happen, though admittedly thats usually against their will. That said 6 takes it to an absurd level but...

This is false, knighthood was not obtained until 18, other soldiers were around the same age (likely 16 and up). Marriage and many other things we'd find illegal for minors nowadays was legal for teens, combat, however, was typically adults only.