Route Split Question?

I'm finally replaying Sacred Stones again, and I've had a few questions about it.

1. I remember the "super trainees" and I know that you needed to complete the game twice in order to unlock them (once Eirika's route, another Ephraim's route). At Chapter 8, I saved 2 files, hoping that it would count as completing the game twice.

So do I actually have to fully complete the game twice, or will my second file (copy of the first at chapter 8) count as completing it twice?

2. Are there requirements for being able to steal? I was in chapter 8, when the thief stole my lockpick from Colm. I tried to get it back, but Colm couldn't steal anything.

Are there any requirements for being able to steal?

You can save at chapter 8 and beat the game in each route from there to unlock the super trainees. However, I think you need to create a new file after beating the game to promote into them.

I could be wrong about that last part, though.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

• 3 months later...

You can save at chapter 8 and beat the game in each route from there to unlock the super trainees. However, I think you need to create a new file after beating the game to promote into them.

I could be wrong about that last part, though.

I had to actually start a third file after clearing both routes to unlock them. my memory may be playing tricks on me though, as 2004 was quite a while ago :p

@TC for your thief, you need to raise your speed stat. regarding the trainees: yeah you can copy the save, but they're generally outclassed by other promotion options anyways. Ewan is okay as he learns all three magic types. But If you plan to use glitches, you can go sage and then use the dark magic glitch, effectively making him a super trainee with added staves and higher caps/constitution

Edited by Un0rthad0Xx