LunaticScreamer plays The Last Promise

LunaticScreamer

Might as well take down a couple more stars since one is so short.

[spoiler=Constellation Part 4: Fifth & Sixth Stars]1cjG42W.png

Fifth Star is very short so I may as well get it over with quickly.

FYIEKk2.png

Only five enemies for the Fifth Star, but all of them are promoted and three of them are big threats.

OBRrODn.pngGBNQZBL.png

First up, Haas. Yeah, he has low speed, but he has two brave weapons to make up for that shortcoming. You do not want to lure him over until you're ready.

Tu8XcWs.png9THo5oY.png

I have only this to say...be glad Rachel does not have Phosphora because she would be a real pain in the ass to deal with. As it stands, she's still annoying, but at least doesn't have a Brave Bow.

Also, if you noticed where Liuke starts out, if you lure her out, you HAVE to either kill her or surround her unless you want to run a high risk of Liuke getting shot down.

S4GyZje.png5EO1M2K.png

Why hello there Duke Paul. Fancy seeing you here. Sadly, he's not anywhere near the threat Haas or Rachel are simply because he will never move at all, even to attack someone in his range. If you want to leave someone for last, make it him.

XDNijeu.png4u5ucwO.png

Howard's in the northeast part of the map and is as dangerous as ever. Luckily, Risk can tank his hits and keep him boxed in his corner so that's one big threat neutralized.

Bx85AnN.pngC5f50Dl.png

The last enemy is Pellenore in the southeast. Probably the least dangerous of the five due to low speed, but he does have that shiny Member Card. Don't worry about stealing it since he'll have it on him when you complete this star and get him to join the party.

X7igEL2.pngTfxhnlE.png

Risk gets the party started on a good note, critting Howard and removing ~70% of his hp instantly. He does take a hit in return, but he has enough hp to survive another hit on the enemy phase so he'll be fine.

C0mM9Pp.pngbYZp6gh.png

For how badly strength screwed Shon is, he still manages to find ways to be useful, namely pulling off a critical & normal hit to bring Pellenore within one hit of his death.

ufaW3pi.png

Zoro finishes off Pellenore.

ECLWRdl.png

Risk took another hit from Howard on the enemy phase and failed to crit on his counter attack, but Howard's almost dead.

IAGKxXl.pngytllHjj.png

Make that fully dead thanks to Zoro. I'm not super worried about his low defenses just yet as he can accomplish much the same kind of task that Shuuda can, namely clearing out a spot so a more sturdy character can come in and block for Zoro.

9WjucEJ.png

Though if people would so kindly get other damned stats besides speed...

8Hkcl63.png

With Risk healed up, his next task is to lure in Rachel.

4WiJxGp.png

No crit, but I'm just looking for any hits on her right now.

rPowSXl.pngb77ttsk.png

Zoro gets a much better level than his first hitting Rachel twice with his Brave Sword.

GgdHgw2.png

Will you get fucking stats besides hp & luck please? Thank you.

MF4TQfm.png

Zoro's extra turn granted by Anakin managed one extra Brave Sword hit, bringing Rachel to 1 hp. Rex had no luck landing the killing blow sadly.

uZ3JHzc.png

Shon though fared better. Now all that remains for threats is Haas since Paul will be very easy to kill.

NV51LCz.pngG7yynop.png

Speaking of Haas, here's an amusing bug. The same convo they had when they fought in chapter 9 of the main game can be triggered here. Nothing happens of note, just hilarious to see again really.

ihxXVn6.png

Good thing Liquid's sturdy, isn't he?

76zHsHy.pngyjR6PFF.png

Risk, with help from Anakin, gets two very much appreciated criticals, taking down Haas with minimal hassle. Thank god, heh.

CcD3YCU.pngecZV2gX.png

Paul's not much of a challenge to be honest. Yeah, he can double Rex right now, but he's able to take both hits if he's at full hp.

KLk9jOJ.pngDfBG24X.png

The killing blow goes to Risk who gets help from Anakin once again to accomplish that goal. He even gets a good first level up weakening Paul before the killing blow.

61oiP7U.png

Back on the hub map now, Pellenore's Member Card can be put to use. There's a secret shop hiding where the arena is with some nice goodies in the shop.

CHZQvkl.pngmZMEkh0.pngxHkoA0e.png

Not a bad haul by any means.

J572yEa.png

One of the new weapons of the hack. This has been in action before as it was in the hands of one of Gary's cohorts in chapter 26. Good power and very light as well. Pretty solid weapon overall.

r475HoC.png

Jake's reward for clearing the Fifth Star is the always awesome Iron Rune. He won't be giving any rewards away for clearing the Sixth Star, but considering this and the Delphi Shield from last time, I think it's a fair enough trade.

c5PXkBS.png

While I would go on to the Sixth Star, there's a problem...I'm nearing the 40 unit limit for my roster and there's a total of 7 characters that are going to join after the Sixth Star. I think it's time to introduce a couple more points of interest on the hub map, starting with the killing floor tile the cursor is currently on.

ABHPIju.pngFsfmBLp.png

The text boxes explain it all. Simply bring a character you want to get rid of and have him or her end their turn on the killing floor tile. Select yes when prompted and that character will be wiped from your roster. If you change your mind and want him or her back, simply go to the star where he or she was first seen and clear it again.

Finally, take note of that green star next to the killing floor. That is a special zone called the Galactic Arena which I'll go into more detail about in the next update when I go through it.

mbwBHGm.png

For now though, Anakin dives into the entrance to the Sixth Star.

pABhyPL.png

You get 8 units for this map, but they're split into three teams.

DmFdpzn.pngBH1ZWRl.pngjIOjGu3.pngoRlh4T3.png

For the northeast team, they're in a pincer attack by Rana & Alice. The former hits like a truck with Fenrir, but will likely be very easy to double if he switches to it. Alice though won't really get slowed by her weaponry much, if at all, making her a dangerous threat if let to fly around anywhere unchecked.

rZ6t2Up.pnglarbVNM.pngOtYBYbA.png7GmSWsl.png

For the team in the southeast, while Leopold won't move and thusly can be dealt with on your own time, Asch is the one to be worried about. Sure, doubling him won't be much of an issue thanks to the weight of the Chainsaw, but his high strength and massive crit rate means he needs to die very quickly.

zbeXw3E.pngpmONwza.png

You know your base speed sucks if, while using a Chainsaw, you can be doubled by a low level Rex (who is also getting slowed down by his current weapon, but not as severely as Asch is).

Also, I don't think I've ever been happier than now to see an hp only level up, heh. At least he'll get another chance to impress once I re-recruit him after this star.

Still, there's a small problem...Alice could swoop down south and double Rex. I don't want that. Well, I would if it meant auto killing Leopold, but the bug doesn't work both ways. Rex dying doesn't mean Leopold going poof mysteriously.

BtqOc97.png

Before helping Rex out with my northeastern team, Risk finishes Rex's work and takes out Asch.

TGpvLDf.pngE1py1Kt.png

Anakin gives another turn to Haas. That way, he can move down south and block Alice from being able to reach Rex.

sG8GwWr.png

Well, this might be a problem. Either I have Shon rescue Anakin and book it straight north so he's targeted by neither Alice nor Rana or I hope Anakin can not get doubled by Alice.

tvKMfUd.png

Thankfully, the choice to let Anakin tank Alice's hit was the right choice since he doesn't get doubled, meaning I can have Haas and/or Shon finish Alice off on the next turn.

eeWFbWK.pngnYi4KQP.png

Takes some help from Anakin, but Shon manages to land the killing blow.

mqIUKzW.png

And Shon gets a...good level? Damn, been awhile since that happened for him.

dawpPyJ.png

Haas rides south to give Risk a hand in wearing down Leopold.

19BaZUa.pngVfEbQRf.png

It turns out to be unneeded when Risk pulls off a crit with the Onigiri to send Leopold packing. Haas then picks up Risk on the next turn and reunites with Anakin & Shon so everyone can deal with Rana.

FoA9LEd.png

Shon lures Rana out and manages to dodge the Fenrir blast. That means Rana's speed & avoid are crap right now.

L3i6L1W.png

Haas takes a hit, but he manages to rip off a little more than 2/3rds of Rana's hp in one round of combat.

jehasUC.png

Shon acts next and finishes off Rana.

tFg9Aou.pngejmtdhj.pngEHTxkfp.png

As for the southwest team, there's two enemies outside, but the one I need to deal with is inside, Shadow. He's an Assassin that remembers to, you know, bring an actual critty weapon to a fight. If I wasn't a complete idiot and forget to give Liquid the Iron Rune, he wouldn't have died to Shadow thanks to critical hijinks.

KJslMjc.png

Situation down southwest. Emma rescued Althares and backed off, allowing Liquid to move forward. So long as Shadow doesn't critical Liquid, he can hop on a pillar and be relatively safe until Shadow dies.

NrLAzjg.png

Well, assuming Liquid doesn't completely sweep Shadow before I can do that though. Not going to complain!

Ji9LRpK.pngzJq4dqe.png

Althares had to travel far, but the rewards from the two chests up here are worth it.

vlUfgop.png98NZj1Y.png

Only two enemies left and...well now, look who it is, heh. Cid's not to be taken lightly since the only weapon in his possession now is the always dangerous Adamant Lance. Also, Liuke is literally one square outside of his current move range for the record.

vt07PpN.pngwQIuit7.png

Lyam decided to drop the whole bow business and pack only a sword here. Just make sure not to send in a mounted unit unless you know he or she can survive a hit or dodge it.

Alternatively, don't be an idiot like me again and poorly position Liquid so that both Cid & Lyam attack him and, a turn later, end up killing him because one got critted and killed, allowing the other to come in and kill Liquid. The killer wouldn't have been able to do that otherwise.

xlRQIhx.pngVdMlN6w.pngazQJdeV.png

The way Cid & Lyam are positioned, Liquid is forced to attack Lyam from an angle where he doesn't have an avoid boost from a forest. He takes a hit, but by backing up to the forest to his west on the next turn, he's able to easily counterkill Lyam from there.

Also, Anakin? I would suggest taking lessons from Liquid on how to get a damned good level. Just saying.

fLzMmPa.pngcZmvWGZ.png

Fatal? Perhaps, but I was too lazy to run Emma down here to heal him up. Also, 24% chance to be hit isn't all that high.

Finally, Liquid is awesome with his two levels gained so far.

WcbYReu.png

Cid gets an axe to the face on Liquid's next turn and goes down finally. A free Adamant Lance that Cid drops is always nice as well.

Well now, I do need to re-recruit Rex so...Siegfried, you're up!

InXH6hx.png

Mirror match! Don't worry, my Siegfried didn't die. This is the enemy Siegfried giving his death speech. Nothing harmful happens (that I could notice) when a character in your team is present on the star where he or she was recruited.

0nztc5K.pngRxGDyzc.png

Siegfried picked up two levels clearing out the Third Star by himself while Anakin just relaxed at the start.

In any case...

wbbg8QL.png

I'm officially in business now.

As a small note, re-recruiting a character that joined with a promotion item will not give you an extra promotion item, hence why Rex doesn't have an extra Knight Crest on him this time around.

Death Count: Liquid (2)

Next time: The Galactic Arena beckons!

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Pellenore, Paul, Cid)]

Pellenore's growths:

Hp: 120% Luk: 35%

Str: 40% Def: 20%

Skl: 40% Res: 25%

Spd: 45%

Pellenore is just...ehh, why was he included in the post game again? His speed base is horrid and his growth isn't exactly going to do him any favors either. If he had a point of con over other Hero prospects, that would help his case a bit, but he doesn't so he's terrible.

Paul's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 40%

Str: 50% Def: 25%

Skl: 60% Res: 15%

Spd: 35%

Just to solidify how terrible Pellenore is, Paul has much better bases overall and equal or better growths. If you wanted a Hero to play with and either Asch or Shuuda doesn't interest you for the post game, Paul will not disappoint when he gets a few extra levels under his belt. Just be mindful of his defenses as his growths there aren't terribly good.

Cid's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 40%

Str: 45% Def: 30%

Skl: 35% Res: 35%

Spd: 35%

Apparently all Halberdier prospects have to have meh offensive growths and Cid conforms to that idea. To his benefit, his defensive growths are pretty good. Not quite as good as Paul is, but still miles better than Pellenore for combat.

Also, there's always the option of having him kick ass alongside his son Rex. Certainly nothing wrong with that, heh.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for an update to kick off the morning!

[spoiler=Constellation Part 5: The Galactic Arena]Well, I've got some business to attend to before I tackle the Galactic Arena. I do believe my favorite character needs to be brought up to speed so...leveling montage!

KtPQt2k.png6LJbKK1.png1qwGjkZ.pngViTEYSa.png3gZctNE.pngtPe67o8.pngmTfZ8qC.pngj7o0vir.pngoQ2e910.pngH7kDFcg.png

Fun fact...he got a critical hit with 4% odds during his arena training. Don't know why, but I just find him triggering single digit crit chances like wildfire in the post game. Crazy stuff I tell you, heh.

5fI5ndZ.png

Honestly, I wasn't expecting him to top how he turned out in the main game at promotion time, but this is about as close as he can come, all things considered.

bvuXR5H.pngCk3gE9X.png

Ended up leveling several people to lv20 and promoting them as well. Zoro with 13 con is absurdly good. He could use Shadow Swords with minimal AS loss if he wanted to.

Also...I like how Anakin promoted and had more defense than resistance at 20/1.

Y7kb30D.pngv1AhvxS.png

Got Kelik up to lv20 too for kicks really. As for Althares, I need someone to unlock doors & chests on the Seventh Star so I figured he might as well be able to not get turned into sludge instantly.

NWZxXwu.pngJeHTx4v.png

Perhaps overleveled, but Rana has A-Staves while Anakin is at B-Staves. I need at least two good staffbots going into the Seventh Star.

FLYcm2N.pngCOhqj5e.png

Next, to prepare for a reward the Galactic Arena provides, I sent two A-Bows users to spam runs of the First & Second Star until they hit S-Bows.

Yes, that means I'm likely using Haas. His growths may be sub par, but with easily buyable Brave Bows & Swords, it'll make up for his inability to double most enemies right now. Then again, if he wants to get speed on a 25% growth like he did here, then that might not be a problem for too long.

czhJaG1.png

Anyways, it's time for the Galactic Arena so Siegfried gets his inventory in order while in a world of glitched up textures and whatnot.

Also, if your storage is at 50/100 or greater, I would strongly suggest cleaning it out a little.

Finally, having someone capable of using an infinite use weapon like the Emblem weapons or Phoenicis is advised. You're going to need it.

qWXRmL5.png

Siegfried enters and finds...

tVUCfK3.png

Prisk! No, that's not a typo. Risk has a twin brother that acts as a referee in the Galactic Arena.

HXZVCpt.png

King of Blaine makes a cameo and apparently funds this arena. So much so that he's going to give rewards away to whomever clears it. Fair enough!

2okm6z6.png

First off, whomever enters the Galactic Arena is the only one who gets to participate in it with Liuke being sealed off in a corner simply because he's needed for all the supplies you're going to get during this.

vlO3Xmg.png

Anyways, the rules of the Galactic Arena are pretty simple. There will be 40 waves of enemies, each with its own unique theme, for your solo character to plow through. Stepping out of bounds (namely, where that blue Thief is in the pic above) will disqualify you.

If your character happens to die in the Galactic Arena? No worries as there's no permanent death as a result.

nGxuhxn.pngREp5shj.png

Starting out, the enemies are suited to a low level unpromoted unit, but they will quickly ramp up in stats & power as you go on.

LsRTLZ4.pngPJS8nuE.png

Some of the waves may even feature old bosses coming back for a second go at getting themselves killed, some of which will have increased stats compared to the first time you battled him or her. It's a shame Lena doesn't join because she'd make a great mage killer with those bases.

Xu0Sqk4.png

Honestly, the first 20 waves or so are boring as hell, but they do cough up massive amounts of experience. Anyone you send in here that can make it at least 25 or 30 waves in will almost certainly be lv20 promoted at that time as Siegfried is showing off here.

Also, if you're just looking to clear the Galactic Arena like I am, then Siegfried is your best choice to do so. He's got great offensive bases and his defensive growths are good as well. Having high defenses makes the last 1/4th of the waves much more manageable.

oaayhYo.png

Wave #21 is where the difficulty begins to really start ramping up as indicated by a change in the music. If your defenses are low, you're going to start feeling the pain right around this time.

78TAbkm.png

Wave #27 is where Siegfried uses his first Elixir. Even with his defenses, enemies are getting strong enough now that I can't easily sit on less than 20 hp anymore.

NGM5i6r.pngi859fNt.png

Second Elixir use comes at wave #33. Mostly due to bad luck with failing to dodge sub-30% hits.

RMQusuv.png

Wave #33 also drops a Brave Sword. Siegfried sends the 1 use Elixir into storage and holds on to the Brave Sword for the last wave.

Oh yes, I should mention that every wave is going to have some kind of droppable in it, be it as meager as an Iron Sword or as beastly as this Brave Sword. While these droppables are meant to replenish your weapon supply, I find it much simpler to just have an infinite use weapon on hand like Phoenicis here.

Also, did I mention I'm not using the Max Elixir for the Galactic Arena? Yeah, that crap is way too broken for my tastes.

T2hge8b.pngiYc1yRK.png

Wave #35 is where shit gets real in terms of difficulty. Granted, if you could tell by the wave name, this one has nothing but enemies with healing staves. Just be sure you can one round a healer and you'll be fine.

vRi8Dxd.pngj5Yod5F.png

Wave #36 has six enemies, all of which hold a reaver weapon. Two Halberdiers use Axereavers, two Warriors use Swordreavers, and Ivan & another Swordmaster use Lancereavers. Best to take out the reaver enemies that correspond to your primary weapon type first to reduce sustained damage to a minimum.

qbI3aID.png

Wave #37 is probably the toughest wave before the finale in my opinion. Only four enemies, but each one is using one of the four siege tomes in the game.

jcLZbpk.pngdOel5Lm.png

Eligor is the worst of the bunch with the strongest of the four siege tomes and capped magic on top of it. If you don't have good avoid by now, I hope your resistance is sky high or you're probably going down at this wave.

8EaFSWF.pngTzH3fZ4.png

Still though, Eligor seems a bit too aggressive and will not stay 100% out of Siegfried's range when Meteor'ing him. This seems dangerous, but I have no choice to attack & kill Eligor and hope Siegfried dodges a Ray & Thunderbolt hit (Eclipse is still not hitting anything for the record).

SHwVSNB.png

Siegfried survives to the next turn and Elixirs himself up. Now he just needs to wait out the last couple siege tome charges before the weaponless magic users rush in to be killed by him.

ORbpkJF.png

Wave #38 is six Devil Axe users. As long as you have high evasion, the Devil Axe threat should be minimal at best.

0QKOfN3.pngOBiFgrG.pngGutbcPR.pngbhmTtzZ.png

Wave #39 features four enemies with custom classes seen in the game and some strong weaponry. Getting rid of the Noble quickly is best as he has the highest accuracy of the group and high attack power as well.

cBmjxpV.png

The final wave is a lone Sniper. You might think this is easy, but that's not exactly the case.

xkHNYEQ.png

First and foremost, this Sniper is lv27 which means very high stats across the board. Still, that's not what makes the Sniper dangerous.

E0cWg8c.png

This new bow is the reason this Sniper is so dangerous. Heavy as hell, but very powerful. More importantly though, it has infinite uses and 1-3 range. Yes, a bow that can attack at 1 range like the Short Bow. A total of 40 atk & 148 hit means you'd best have someone capable of surviving two hits before needing to be healed if you can't take out that 54 hp in a single combat round.

OYJlMNm.png

Siegfried uses his second to last Elixir in preparation for luring the Sniper out since he'll not move unless someone is in his range.

O1KCRHB.png

Siegfried has the Divine Sword from the Wave #39 Arch Knight equipped to reduce the damage he sustains. Not that it really matters much in the greater scheme of things since Siegfried would still need to heal after a player phase & enemy phase goes by, assuming he takes hits on both phases.

j5OhT9N.png

And here's why I saved that Brave Sword for so long. Sieg's capped strength means he could potentially end this match in a single combat round if at least 3 of the 4 hits connect.

KilTKP4.pngVnfvst5.png

Siegfried does indeed ORKO the Sniper. To add insult to injury, he dodges the counterattack attempt in the process.

HC3WOHK.png

That token being what exactly dear Prisk?

XkTnDIW.png

50k gold? Well, that's good and all, but that seems a bit underwhelming for what I just went through.

G1SL7DO.png

Previous statement withdrawn.

nzSzENs.pngmnHqXwT.pngvmQ23PO.png

S-rank tomes? Can't argue with that. Valenst, as heavy as it is, might just be useful for Rana when he reaches S-Dark. That should be the last of the rewards, right?

96ruFLn.png

Nope! If the kick ass S-rank bow and three S-rank tomes weren't enough, you get a free Ether Sphere as well.

Now, you can rerun the Galactic Arena if you want, even opting to start from the halfway point now if you wish. I think the reward is only 10k gold or something like that though, don't remember.

Anyways, all those items I just got? They went into Liuke's inventory, not your combatant's inventory. Understandable since you don't want to risk having to toss anything if your storage got too full.

BghmbLD.pngsgqBO58.pnggzFb3iK.png

To get access to Liuke's inventory, go to Trade, then select any character and pick List, then go to any tab with one of the five items you just won and select it. This will take you to the usual trade screen between two characters where you can then take all the sweet rewards off Liuke.

ZdxujbX.png

Just to give you an idea of how many droppables come from a full 40 wave run of the Galactic Arena...I emptied out my entire storage before beginning this by selling a few things and making other units hold the rest. Quite a bit of stuff, isn't it?

Now then, I know just the man who's getting the Ether Sphere.

T3T87Mw.png

Can you hear the coming carnage my man is about to unleash on the Seventh Star? I sure do, heh.

Next time: The Seventh Star beckons.

Now, you can rerun the Galactic Arena if you want, even opting to start from the halfway point now if you wish. I think the reward is only 10k gold or something like that though, don't rememb

You still get 50k gold for every subsequent victory of the Galactic Arena after the first one. I made it my personal gold farming grounds by putting a maxed bow user with the Ultimatum with animations off and the emulator at 5x speed constantly ending their turn. All the enemies suicide, and the final sniper and Eligor are the only enemies that you actually have to worry about. Plus selling all the junk you get in the arena itself, you can get about 90k gold in about 5 minutes.

You still get 50k gold for every subsequent victory of the Galactic Arena after the first one. I made it my personal gold farming grounds by putting a maxed bow user with the Ultimatum with animations off and the emulator at 5x speed constantly ending their turn. All the enemies suicide, and the final sniper and Eligor are the only enemies that you actually have to worry about. Plus selling all the junk you get in the arena itself, you can get about 90k gold in about 5 minutes.

Fair enough. If I grind for money, I tend to use the Fourth Star and stealing Fell Contracts from Yue at the start. That's just me though, heh.

Anyways, time for an update.

[spoiler=Constellation Part 6: The Seventh Star Part I]12NOIHs.png

I ended up running the Fourth Star several times so I could get at least 10 Amulets. That extra hit & avoid is always nice to have I must say.

Also, Anakin picked up a level during the whole process.

eCXJV2T.png

Time for the Seventh Star now where gimmicks begin showing up.

Also, I thought you needed Althares for this, but you don't. Just need Door Keys or an Unlock staff as well as a couple packs of Chest Keys, all of which can be purchased on the hub map.

iEegcXt.pngEXTgNF4.pngBBRBcDD.png

A couple things to note here. First, the gimmick is that every single enemy has an innate Thor's Ire effect that gets refreshed every turn, meaning you can add +10 to the base crit rate of every enemy you see. Low luck units are going to have to tread very lightly here.

Secondly, you may notice the large stat difference between the two enemies shown above. That's due to there being two enemy factions here, Blaine & Seraph. The former is distinguished by high hp and lots of strength, the latter by low hp and extremely high speed. Gotta say I like this attention to detail here with two distinct types of enemies to worry about.

For reference, all the Blaine units are on the eastern half of the map while the Seraph units are on the western half.

UIOnjWk.pngyp1B2wR.png

Of course, for the Blaine faction, having high hp doesn't matter when Rex can one round almost every enemy he gets into a battle with.

mYecdt7.pngKYxjAn2.png

Joining Rex on the east side are Anakin, Shon, Kelik, Lyam, and Liuke, the latter of which ended up promoting back when I was getting my preparations for the Galactic Arena all completed.

Anyways, Lyam & Anakin double team a Wyvern Lord and kill it with Anakin getting a redundant critical in the process.

04hlZlW.pngkPTTI8l.png

There's a team on the west side too and it consists of Haas, Cid, Zoro, Liquid, and Rana. Haas rushes forward and drops a Falcoknight with Ultimatum.

S9KmgdI.png

He also gets precisely what he really needs right now from a level up.

BrIPRZn.png

Anyone with a weapon type disadvantage on the west side is going to face hit odds like this unless he or she has sky high skill to offset that.

SZJQUKr.pngWVBq6kt.png

Liquid moved forward and smacked the other Falcoknight with his Tomahawk, creating a wall for Rana to stand behind and use the Fortify staff to keep everyone healthy. The good level up he gained in the process of doing so is nice too.

So, what happens on the enemy phase?

l4Ad9xp.pngpBURaOk.png

A Hero attacks Liquid and doubles him, but takes a hit in return, granting Liquid a good level.

Uyl5uzY.png2tEOllZ.png

Those other two Wyvern Lords close to the eastern team? They found Captain Rex and promptly got slaughtered. Rex gained two levels from the counterkilling because every enemy is giving him ~70 exp a kill.

aHiKR4Z.png

About the only thing of significance happening on the east side. I've got plenty of healing available so I might as well make sure my nuclear option for carving through the eastern half of the map stays healthy enough.

sZVcrMa.pngLnYy0H5.png

Brave weapons are a very good idea for the western team. This allows them to get constant double hits against enemies they're not going to get otherwise unless he or she has 30 speed or so. Even then, that might not ensure 100% doubling of all the Seraph clan enemies.

SaccRIB.png

Because I'm awesome at checking enemy ranges & weapons, I almost got Kelik killed by this jerk.

oYapNW5.png

On the west side, Haas lures in two Paladins. Despite both doubling him, he only takes one hit out of the exchange and weakens both of them with counters.

DnZ75XK.png

There's the token enemy wasting Rex's time.

O11P1Bj.png

And there's the healing jerk right on cue, sweet.

eVQUPgW.pngpjduLBa.pngSa9R7ZD.png

Cid & Liquid clear out the weakened Paladins on the next phase so Haas can rush forward.

Y3TRqP9.png

I think Liuke's about to tank some serious physical damage because everyone else needs to back off from the incoming horde.

GVzBEYw.pngqekeCAE.png

Actually, scratch that. Everyone is going to back off except Rex who dives even deeper into the enemy forces because he's goddamned Rex. It's what he does, heh.

IavRlLO.png

Meanwhile, the Wyvern Lord that almost killed Kelik left itself in range of Lyam who fired a couple arrows into it for a level.

HZr5dzj.pngr6mxJd4.png

Anakin finishes off the weakened Wyvern Lord since the Bishop will just heal it up again if I don't.

Also sir, Rex is literally only 4 base avoid behind you right now. You might want to work on that speed a little more if you don't want him to catch up.

PkQ6D0b.png

Liuke tanking it up something fierce. Four enemies attacked him and he survived through all of that like a champ.

H7IVgjN.pngtg0TraK.png

Dear Bishop: Screw you. That is all.

AFtsuu9.png

Another player phase, another enemy that gets murdered by Rex.

wDpRH82.png

Liuke's going to need to keep on tanking so Anakin provides him with a quick dose of healing.

JrPh1JY.png

Haas is proving surprisingly effective for the western team. Ultimatum lets him one shot the flyers and put a nice dent into everything else.

t5MX6Ig.pngEvIMQrX.png

Assuming Haas can actually hit on an enemy phase of course.

4FZi3lX.png72CRHxv.png

Oh, there was another flyer in range to attack Haas. Too bad he shot the flyer down in response. Don't regret taking along Haas for this map one bit despite that lovely level.

UWBSbIT.png

There goes two thirds of a silly Wyvern Lord's hp thanks to Lyam's imminent counterattacks.

S5rX7Xj.png

Too bad the Bishop can't heal multiple units at once because the weakened Wyvern Lord is going down next turn.

JCQDITH.pngrA8RTXB.png

On the 5th turn, these two Thieves show up for some plundering of chests. Unfortunately for the eastern Thief...

r0mF9RL.png

Yup!

pWnrvqz.pngIN0VxpB.png

Rana & Zoro clear a Halberdier from Haas' path so he can rush forward yet again.

M7iaVGM.png

The western Thief isn't going to be plundering chests anytime soon. I may allow him to open the door to the northwestern treasure room, but my entire western team will be up there by that time to kindly send him packing when he does.

fcuCoHx.pngHGmArf5.png

Liuke acting as a meatshield allows Kelik & Anakin to snipe & kill a Paladin.

f7WNAMR.png

You know Anakin, Rex is going to overtake your position as the dodgiest unit in the party if you keep this up.

oNiGbP3.png03aXjyo.png

One counterkilled Sage, another level for Haas.

K2sIgw3.png

Liuke moved up a bit to allow enemies to filter in and possibly attack Kelik or Anakin, though some enemies still want to attack Liuke like silly idiots.

j03RqnK.png

I think you're dead pal, heh.

gviu5lq.png

Eclipse just for kicks, but it misses because the accuracy is awful of course.

UIakmB8.pngQlhmHKo.pngmo1q6Ex.png

What few enemies remain by the majority of the western team right now just got reduced to a lone Hero that can't kill any of them on the next enemy phase.

TZiWS7r.png

Yeah, good luck with trying to kill Shon there chief.

Oh yes, I almost forgot...since the Bishop had nobody to heal for the past couple of turns, he decided to move towards the closest person of my eastern team. Good for him I guess.

jJJUikB.png

You know, assuming he doesn't go in the direction of my man. The Bishop dies and...hey Anakin? Rex is TWO points of avoid from catching up to you now, just saying.

PEqSaTy.pngq0cuqRx.png

The western Thief opens a door as planned, then he eats a critical to the face courtesy of Zoro who gets a...level.

HdlPIhk.png

Lyam gets a level weakening the last enemy near his group.

dRH8aOf.png

Kelik then turns into blades of light and finishes off the Hero. The rest of the eastern team can start moving on up towards Rex finally.

lpLPKPd.png

Anakin pesters a General with more siege tome hijinks. Doubled him even thanks to this General being so damned slow.

VcU8mpo.png

A very silly Swordmaster in the northwestern treasure room decides to attack Liquid.

xQF51kR.pngdlQnsai.png

Liquid responds by critting the Swordmaster to death and getting a level for the kill.

XbwCJRz.png

Haas decides to pester a defenseless Falcoknight by one shotting it. Ultimatum is such a good weapon, heh.

5V0Qi2d.png

Rex is now tied with Anakin for the dodgiest unit in the party right now. Sweet!

Now, while I'd like to get the western team to link up with the eastern team, there's a problem.

wD3pS90.pngpPMfLTw.png9s6vyST.png

Apollo is here to ruin the day of any critical prone unit, plain & simple. Whomever you send in needs the Iron Rune, no questions asked.

MJhzV3O.pngHXc4whZ.png

Rex has the Iron Rune, but just to be safe, I had Anakin use a Barrier staff to boost his resistance some.

hK5P0PU.pngyXxUEYi.png

Even with the resistance buff, Meteor still hits Rex hard.

1gTxl3p.pngrnzIPlK.png

Not hard enough though as Apollo get stabbed to death by a Brave Lance on the next turn.

FaNIwDN.pngR6E7wo3.png

Haas picks up a couple levels cleaning out a couple remaining Seraph stragglers.

7mR8wMZ.png

Lyam finishes off a Blaine clan member. The only Seraph & Blaine clan members left now are those behind the big doors leading to the throne room.

Miy8ogb.png

Well now, what could be inside this chest?

i3gb7dc.png

...Well, I guess since this map is modeled after the castle where the King of Blaine had a few conversations in the main game, it makes sense for there to be gold. In fact, every single chest on this map contains gold, roughly 30-40k worth. Not worth the effort to farm this star for gold since the Galactic Arena or the Fourth Star are much better prospects.

Everyone is going to reform at the eastern door and prepare to deal with a group of Wyvern Lords in the meantime. Stay tuned for part 2!

[spoiler=Constellation Part 7: The Seventh Star Part II]B7heGYb.pngu2bxBDj.pngGZzKDGM.png

Everyone's all together so it's time to head through the eastern doors into the throne room, but of course, Zane and his group of Wyvern Lords stand ready to charge the team. Zane himself is no less deadly compared to the main game thanks to Sylmeria so you'd best have a tanky unit ready to eat his first hit.

r9FmGj3.png

One of Zane's buddies decides to fly forward and attack someone. He'd probably be alive right now if said person he attacked wasn't Rex.

9X9nN5J.png

Zane is at least smart and attacks from range. Too bad he too will be dead by the end of the next player phase.

Hz2XP3w.png

Those Seraph clan members on the west side? They'll be making a beeline towards the party now that there's an open door for them to fly through. The same situation would happen with Zane and his buddies if you went in to the throne room via the western side.

BbUTQ0g.png4VciQSM.png

Haas & Lyam kill a Wyvern Lord so I have another spot available for my melee units to attack Zane from.

k72QGrF.pngmKGE4bK.pngJhUR3WT.png

Zane falls to a combined effort from a father & son Halberdier duo.

Os6WULU.pngV0Zi0lg.png

Kelik gets into the whole turning into a blade of light business again to kill a Wyvern Lord and gain a level.

GX71uiF.png

A combined effort from Zoro, Anakin, and Rana drop the last Wyvern Lord. All that remains for the moment is to deal with the group of Falcoknights on their way over to the team.

TfgrllJ.png

They'll be attacking next turn and...wait a minute, who's the boss Falcoknight? Obviously it's not Alice since she was in the last star so I wonder who it could be.

tZuupxJ.pngHPMf8bC.png

Alice's superior it seems. Yes, this is the same woman that Alice was on orders from to join the rebellion in chapter 23 of the main game.

Lirianna might not be quite as physically adept as Zane and has low defenses, but she makes up for that by having speed that is simply batshit insane. Nobody's going to be doubling her I assure you. In fact, she'll probably be doubling just about everyone on your team. Effective damage is out too unless your Althares is grinded up a ton to steal that Delphi Shield.

IdaROD1.png

You can probably guess what my battle plan is here. Rex is going to counterattack Lirianna and her backup by having a Drizzle equipped. Anything he doesn't kill instantly is going to be dealt with by everyone on the following player phase.

gi1If1b.png

The Silver Sword Falcoknight survives the encounter with Rex. This Brave Lance user though?

4I96Fwq.pngS5t1oUM.png

She does not get so lucky. Also, Rex now has more base avoid than Anakin.

4uBkb4N.png

This is why Rex can't easily solo all of Lirianna's crew. Lancereaver jerk thrown in for good measure!

gsa2BtU.png

Dangit Haas!

EK6Yq3O.png3wI9LBF.pngqFUhH7h.png

The father & son Halberdier duo strike again as they bring down Lirianna.

08oEPpV.pngyVoXPrz.pngMQOjsdK.png

Stop dodging you dingbat!

NUzEoM0.png

Someone hit finally, but it's on the full health Falcoknight.

F1YDGb8.png

Please hit?

BWSxIwk.png

Thank you Rana, that helps quite a bit.

4LSgdUT.pngIsn4KDP.png

An extra turn granted by Anakin allows Haas another shot at dropping the Silver Sword Falcoknight. He hits this time thankfully.

9uSlpmi.png

Only four enemies left to kill before this map is over with. I wonder who that Warrior on the throne is?

Ppea8Pq.pngBHAiQaB.png

...Oh dear, oh dear. Replace batshit high speed with batshit high avoid and you have Gary in a nutshell here. Rex is likely going to be the only one who can hit him with good odds thanks to Axereaver use.

fOpTigJ.pngKsOxi3G.png

Frederick's here too. Very tanky and has an Adamant Lance with the con needed to use it without any speed penalties. Best to approach him carefully.

ft5RJq1.png56EZVYE.png

Cero: Still failing it as an Assassin. Want to know what's worse? There's another Assassin boss in the throne room and, well...

opvijI3.pngZuhPRtd.png

He does the whole Assassin business much better. This is Regis and has the smarts to actually bring a Killing Edge into battle. As such, whomever lures him out needs to have the Iron Rune in his or her inventory unless you want to run a high risk of eating a Lethality instant kill.

Jx3KpfF.png

Rex lures him in for the weakening.

DDQQJYc.pnghvE5URn.png

Once again, Cid gets the honor of finishing another boss off.

dRVT9sf.png

Anakin uses the Barrier staff on Rex again, just in case Frederick feels like using the Adamant Lance. I do believe he's now back to being tied with Rex for highest avoid on the team.

1haxAgl.png

A quick heal for Rex and he'll be ready to more forward and lure in Frederick on the next turn.

jkg5kp3.png

Of course, Frederick opts for the Spear tossing option instead.

fAdkHOF.pngBmxeFlr.png

Chipping down Frederick will not be easy, that's for sure.

Dpi4wGJ.png

That is, unless Liquid...

lJtFzuE.png

Well, damn! No instant kill proc there.

l1KeBXi.png

Not killing Frederick this turn so I may as well box him in. Either he heals himself on the next enemy phase or he's going to likely be dead if he attacks Liquid or Rex.

Wh45FPL.png

He chooses healing. Probably for his own good I'd say.

6sa6PUT.png

Dammit Cero!

YlFDZ9L.png

Hey Cero, you didn't die to a critical in the main game, you know that?

EFZd18n.png

I think it's time for Rex to change that. Goodbye!

Z8d1HWu.png

Hello speed cap!

YGcISRG.png

Looks like Liquid is going for another critical here.

OBsbs5B.pngIOTsuSa.png

This time though, the critical triggers Lethality and Liquid gets a level up from it.

SC08zqS.png

This might take awhile with Rex chipping down Gary.

ffyHqBr.png

Though it might be a pinch easier with luck going up there.

rbZ32nT.png

Eventually, between Rex poking Gary and some long range shots from Haas with Anakin providing extra turns for him, Gary goes down without too much hassle.

jpVWlue.png

More speed for Haas, not bad.

That concludes the Seventh Star with no less than six new party members for the army (I did some serious killing floor cleaning of my team before entering the star to ensure I'd get all of them).

Also, as a reward for clearing the Seventh Star for the first time...

St7cIk6.png

A brand new item! The Angelic Wing is a very awesome item, but can only be used by promoted units that are lv10 or higher. When it's used...

dlG7XAp.png

This happens! The promoted unit's caps for strength, skill, speed, defense, and resistance have increased by 5 and the max level increased from 20 to 30. Additionally, it grants a +1 boost to move. Gotta love Rex with 10 move right now!

Something tells me Rex is going to crash into at least three or four stat caps before he hits 30...and that's probably being conservative to boot.

ZAl5rJv.png

If Rex wasn't fast enough, Jake's reward for clearing the Seventh Star just provided him with an extra +5 speed if he uses this. I'd like to see the enemies try hitting him now, heh.

Next time: The return of the reanimated dead.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Apollo, Zane, Lirianna, Cero, Regis)]

Apollo's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 35%

Mag: 65% Def: 25%

Skl: 55% Res: 30%

Spd: 60%

Apollo is the sole reason I didn't even bother leveling Itsuke or Cia. He does come in at lv20, but toss him an Angelic Wing and his great growths will chime in to make him even more of a powerhouse. Starting out with an A-rank in staves also makes him a very effective staffbot when the situation calls for it.

Zane's growths:

Hp: 90% Luk: 60%

Str: 50% Def: 35%

Skl: 45% Res: 15%

Spd: 50%

Zane's pretty tanky right out of the gate and has plenty of room before hitting lv20 to get the strength & speed he needs to stay relevant, should you wish to use him. He does have the trademark low resistance growth of a typical Wyvern Lord though so watch it around magic users if you use him.

Lirianna's growths:

Hp: 90% Luk: 70%

Str: 55% Def: 30%

Skl: 50% Res: 25%

Spd: 55%

Lirianna might just be a better flyer right out of the gate than Zane. Capped strength & speed along with very high skill & luck make her pretty offensively capable considering she has S-Swords. Her defenses though are kinda meh so you'd best make sure she isn't going to be hit by several enemies at the same time.

Cero's growths:

Hp: 75% Luk: 35%

Str: 30% Def: 20%

Skl: 50% Res: 15%

Spd: 55%

Cero's growths aren't necessarily horrible besides strength, defense, and resistance, but he has to compare to Regis who basically blows him out of the water in almost every way imaginable. Superfluous character here if you will.

Regis' growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 35%

Str: 55% Def: 35%

Skl: 65% Res: 20%

Spd: 40%

Regis might not have the innate crit rate bonus of Althares, but he's still pretty solid if you want a Lethality spammer that can also stand and fight with his high bases and solid growths. Speed growth is low for his class, but a base of 24 speed means he isn't too terribly worried about it.

Might as well post the next update since it's relatively short, but jam packed with action.

[spoiler=Constellation Part 8: The Eighth Star]og8m5IO.pngMHUqpMz.png

Before diving into the Eighth Star, I ran the Fourth Star enough times so Gary could hit S-Bows. He's going to rock with Ultimatum, that's for damned sure. Also not a surprise that he hit lv20 quickly with all the runs I needed to do so.

I'm also likely going to omit several level ups during this update and just show a status of everyone's final level they get in the Eighth Star. Once you see the gimmick for it, you'll know why.

XAS6ZHs.png

Anyways, let's get this party started shall we? Do bring your Member Card with you because you're going to love what's in the secret shop of the Eighth Star.

ejkQ9p7.png

A pretty ominous looking map that's going to shoot your levels up like wildfire. How so?

9amo22N.png

Level 20 promoted enemies, that's how. They've taken quite the power leap too though so you'd best have solid units available that can go toe to toe with them.

Still though...they have 0 luck and are reanimated corpses which means...

G9F5fNK.pngVh2dgIJ.png

Yup, he's back and rather ticked off I would imagine. Irkala has lost its cutscene instant death powers, but it's still a very strong dark tome with infinite uses and rather light by dark tome standards. Worse yet, Lahar has the stats to make Irkala hit very hard and be quite accurate at the same time. Lahar is not to be taken lightly, that's for sure.

vHrR5ST.pngC3mdIeY.png

Of course, where would Lahar be without his sidekick Renault Fenix? He's traded away his Nirvana for a Brave Sword & Lancereaver. A pretty good weapon combination I must say since the Brave Sword allows him to hit twice while the Lancereaver is there to turn the tables on the weapon type he'd have a disadvantage against otherwise. In essence, it means he's going to have a weapon type advantage on the enemy phase if you're a physical unit, no questions asked.

yaPZPBC.png

I need to get a wall setup to the southwest. Frederick & Rex are going to be the primary walls there, but something happens when Frederick kills this Swordmaster...

EzPAs1Z.pngsUAE5go.png

Apparently I forgot that Frederick has two S-ranks to start out with, but whatever weapon type he uses first is going to get de-ranked to A. Annoying, yes, but not too damaging to his usefulness.

Also, when I said something happened after Frederick killed that Swordmaster, I don't mean the weapon rank hijinks above.

ZNadiWU.png

The gimmick of this map is that every time you kill an enemy, a brand new enemy pops up around this area. This goes on for quite literally the first 50 or so kills you make, probably more, I don't know.

What I'm trying to say is that this star takes a very very long time to complete with all the reinforcements you have to cut down and you're going to get a ton of levels in doing so. As such, I'm just going to highlight the best moments from this star and not show off every single combat because this update would require 3 posts otherwise.

UVYpWqp.pngSVUycBf.png

Regis's first combat action of the map? Instant kill a Swordmaster like a boss. Imagine if he had the passive crit rate boost that Althares had, heh.

tUaDe0n.png8BnGynV.png

This Druid is VERY important for one simple reason...it has a droppable Warp staff which I need badly.

6G1NVbd.png

With some help from Anakin, Apollo crit kills the Druid and picks up that Warp staff.

bzF6zf3.png3Jy6mkm.pngHF4fKzK.png

On the next turn, Apollo sends Anakin to this enclosed space. Anakin steps on the green carpet and finds the secret shop which contains...

fco8jB9.png

Berserk, Hammerne, and OH GOD TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY NOW PLEASE THANK YOU!

Ji7hJ1u.png

Just about every unit I intend to use for the last two stars gets an Angelic Wing when possible for higher caps and better murdering potential.

EiHaTfO.pngaLGJjxH.png

Next step is to have Rana send Rex in front of Fenix, then...

wDC3b7p.pngXNh7EfO.png

Fenix gets Rex'd before he even gets a chance to put his Lancereaver to work.

Also, just to give you an idea of how much experience gets earned during this star...Rex is lv30 before everything's all said and done. No, I didn't engage in any boss abusing. The sheer absurd quantities of enemies you cut through is going to ensure that you get out of this star with multiple level capped units, be they lv20 or lv30.

KggVfFT.png

Take a look at the greyed out Wyvern Lord near Rex on the right there. He flew right up to Rex's face, then just ended his turn. I don't know why because I'm used to Fire Emblem AI always attacking if there's a valid target in range. For now, I'm just going with the idea that the enemies now fear Rex and don't want to die. I call that a mission accomplished if you ask me, heh.

7lIBNIC.png

The sole chest on this star contains a free Angelic Wing. Nothing wrong with that.

Q2J3PQW.png

I ended up sending Anakin over to assist Rex with some occasional extra turn granting and watching the sparks fly from a random Wyvern Lord he berserked.

mbWdzgl.png

Gotta love infighting amongst the enemies, right? Of course, an enemy getting a kill on another enemy still triggers the reinforcement replacement so there's that.

If I have to say, I felt like the gimmick could have been done better. It just turns into a bit of a slog and kinda gets dull after awhile (Yes, you still have to kill all enemies on the field to clear the star like the previous ones).

7TB1Wap.png

You know, if the enemy had any smarts, they would all try to attack Rex in an attempt to kill him. I mean, 10-25% hit rates aren't great, but if the hit gets through, it usually does a good 15 or so damage, maybe more if its a Fenrir Druid.

In case you're wondering...yes, I did send Rex down south one square in an attempt to get more counterkills going. Oddly enough though, by having Rex over here, it seems like two thirds of the enemies would rather bunch up here than over west, meaning that group can slowly approach and chip down whatever comes screaming in their direction.

WbladSK.png

Normally, all those enemies you see in the southeast would likely be over in the west if Rex hadn't run distraction from where he is. As such, the team members out west can start approaching and chipping away at the massive horde. Doubly so when it's Gary who basically ORKOs anything that's not a Swordmaster or perhaps Nomad Trooper at this point.

l49eeK9.png

See what I mean? That level came from the enemy he killed in the pic above. Base 54 attack with a 1-3 range bow is awesome. His evasion is quite good too (88 base + 10 extra avoid from an Amulet).

dgA83ZX.png

Gary's stats upon hitting lv30. Yeah, he got an empty level to max out, but it doesn't matter because those stats are beastly besides being a tad weak on the defenses.

55D8iqt.png

In case you're wondering how enemies fare when attempting to engage Rex, picture this happening to about two-thirds of them. Everything else he doesn't crit ends up being damn near death's door.

pxYWffL.png

At this point, the entire western team has almost caught up to the duo in the throne room. I send Regis over with some warp powers so he can provide Rex with a few fresh weapons since his current ones are running low. Hell, Rex even broke Sylmeria in a single enemy phase (It had like 13 uses left before the enemy phase that broke it. Pretty sure he counterkilled like six enemies on that phase, heh).

cAEvSyy.png

I had some serious RNG bullshit hits get through. See Rex here at 33/60 hp? Yes, that Fenrir Druid he just crit counterkilled hit on a 8% chance to connect. A couple Nomad Troopers earlier on in the star landed 15-20% hits back to back on different units.

qOzmTsZ.png

Said RNG bullshitting enemy also provided Rex with his final level. For the record, he has hp, strength, speed, and luck capped. Told you he was going to have at least four capped stats by 20/30! Also, that does mean he gained like 15+ levels in one star. That's how absurd the enemy reinforcements when you kill one enemy become.

ONzDtdY.png

Rana's last level he gained during this star. He might not be cut for combat, but he keeps the team running at full health thanks to spamming Fortify staves. He also hit S-Staves during this star which is good for a reward that appears during the second to last star.

7TsucHt.png4G3lO3z.png

At this point, the reinforcements are close to being FINALLY over with. I do want to get everyone bunched up into the throne room so Rex starts clearing out enemies to his west with the help of Gary so that everyone can make it into the throne room safely over the next few turns.

GyglV75.png

Frederick's last level gained in the star. Since his levels will always look like this, it's no real surprise as to how he turns out.

mmosWmE.png

So, that shit where Rex got hit on 8% odds? That happened TWICE this star. Dear RNG, you suck so much, thank you.

x9ddSyb.png

Apollo hit lv30 here too. Yeah, THREE units hit lv30 (This guy, Gary, and Rex). Nothing wrong with how Apollo turned out. He has capped hp, magic, and speed which is all he really needs to be awesome if you ask me.

LWiFGXG.png

If you're wondering where the reinforcements are, they FINALLY stopped. Almost everyone should be able to get into the throne room this turn or the next turn too.

eYasOou.png

Yup, Gary can outrange Lahar. You can probably guess how he dies too.

kvfyi77.png

Arrow to the face, that's how.

K7zq1vF.png

Seriously, this is like the sixth or seventh hit that's connected on sub-25% odds. Jesus christ RNG.

1pDkChw.png

Yeah no, I'm going to head off whatever bullshit hit this asshole wants to pull off next and make him kill one of his own next turn.

Fkxmm0M.png

Like so!

QHi0AOY.png

Last level that Regis got this star. He keeps on insta killing targets and I'll keep on using him, simple as that.

FEqXzbo.png

Liquid, despite not getting into anywhere near the levels of combat Frederick, Gary, or Rex did, still got a total of six levels during this star finishing off the final enemies.

That's it for the Eighth Star. Sorry that the update got abridged so heavily, but with such a huge glut of combat, screenies would have devolved into "I move forward two squares, kill two enemies, oh crap, two more appear, kill them, kill more, dot dot dot".

As such, I'm going to provide some bonus videos from my old playthrough of the Eighth Star if you really want to see how much of a slog it really is.

[spoiler=Eighth Star From My First Ever Post Game Playthrough Part 1]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBuJNQynzpA

[spoiler=Eighth Star From My First Ever Post Game Playthrough Part 2]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oioxGy50-yI

Next time: The Tower of the Chosen

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Fenix, Lahar)]

Fenix's growths:

Hp: 0% Luk: 30%

Str: 70% Def: 20%

Skl: 55% Res: 15%

Spd: 45%

Fenix is just...kinda there really. S-rank sword user right out of the gate, but horrible luck base combined with a low-ish growth and poor defensive growths kinda hampers him unless you abuse a certain mechanic that pops up after the Eighth Star is completed.

Lahar's growths:

Hp: 85% Luk: 45%

Mag: 100% Def: 40%

Skl: 60% Res: 55%

Spd: 50%

Whereas Fenix is meh, Lahar is not. While he can use all dark tomes, he also has weapon ranks in Anima & Light (A-Anima, B-Light to start with). He could very well rock with a Hero's Flare or some kind of siege tome if he wanted to.

As for his growths...give him an Angelic Wing and his awesome growths will likely let him ram into several stat caps. His lowest being 40% defense should tell you how useful he'll be by lv30.

A few questions.

Are there any other playable characters that don't appear in the postgame besides Levion?

Can you stack on angelic wings to break the game?

For the first question...just double checked to be absolutely sure and Levion is indeed the only playable character that doesn't appear in the post game.

As for the second question...nope, only 1 Angelic Wing allowed per unit.

Now then...time for an update!

[spoiler=Constellation Part 9: The Tower of the Chosen]Gc0Opi4.pngQaDizoE.png

Had to do some leveling of a couple units so they could be eligible for Angelic Wing use. Turns out that requirement of all stats besides con & mov needing to be 10 or greater was actually true, hence why Liquid is lv20.

RjwYVZc.png5kka3Qr.png

Anakin gained a couple levels acting as healer here, getting up to A-Staves in the process. He did gain a level or two during the Eighth Star, but I didn't bother to show those because oh god that star is a slog and a half.

pBnxT5m.png

Jake's reward for clearing the Eighth Star is Munio. Lahar is going to get some very good use out of that I'm sure.

Br7SQDJ.pngMXQCGUc.png

By clearing the Eighth Star, two new things have opened up. First, Galagar's mysteriously appeared and decided to use his powers for good, allowing any unit that speaks to him to get everything but con & mov capped out.

There's a price though. That price is, as seen above, 500 gold per point of hp and 1000 gold for every other stat. Ideally, you want to use this when a unit has hit lv30 to minimize the gold needed to cap out a unit.

gZqNnRJ.pngy2sYxvI.png

Here's a before & after photo of Rex getting the full stat cap treatment. Cost 22k gold to do so (6 skill, 4 defense, 12 resistance). I'll be doing this to Apollo, Gary, and Liuke as well before diving into the Ninth Star.

However, the Ninth Star is not what will be featured in the bulk of today's update, but rather showing off the other new thing that opened up.

hQ7LzHy.png4pnjEQm.png

The red star directly to the east of the killing floor leads to the Tower of the Chosen, a map where you can view some scenes that goes into better detail about some of events from the main game. I'll include a couple videos from my old playthrough of the scenes here at the end of the update for anyone that wants to see them.

z3YgU7W.pngZFOTtng.pnggWiNQVc.pngZhEcerp.png

These four cutscenes are ones without any kind of gameplay attached to them, just expanding on events that happened during the main game. Unwanted Birth though takes that a bit further.

X0yrgqL.pngQJbnJr9.png5R0VAC8.png

It shows how two Magnians became actual knights serving their country and not merely being a citizen anymore.

VsCfZ2q.pngYW5TAR6.pngLUErwJH.png

It might be bias, but I find Unwanted Birth to be my favorite of the pure cutscene content of the Tower of the Chosen.

Also...I still question why Lanmark didn't have unique dialogue with Rex during the fight in chapter 25 of the main game, considering Lanmark was the one that knighted him after all. You'd think even something as simple as "A traitor rebelling against his homeland?" or something like that would have been said, but no, Lanmark is just that much of an idiot.

WWnjvFI.png

Only three scenes left to go through, but these three are ones that are playable.

Ak5RuXF.png

The Night of the Promise lets you play out the scene where Siegfried is rushing back home in an attempt to save his wife & son. There's a bunch of Assassins in the way, but...

bd0jwPL.pngkZnS55J.pngXO2aupM.png

Well, let's just say Siegfried isn't going to worry about getting killed (Unless the Killing Edge Assassins can proc Lethality on him, but there's only two and they'd have to get very lucky to actually hit in the first place).

Not going to bother showing how to clear this. Just move Siegfried forward as far as he can go per turn (There's a 7 turn time limit here). If any Assassins are in range of him, feel free to smack them.

qzn9TPt.pngdK3gEsS.png

Somebody's clearly very very angry right now, am I right?

8irZHIm.png

For clearing that, you get a free Angelic Wing. Since Liuke doesn't appear here, you do need to make sure Anakin has some free space available to get the rewards.

snng5AQ.pngrRwNjhh.png

The Vision shows Galagar doing work as the first siege on Castle Aegis began long ago.

wi2vA2v.png

Galagar is in hax dodge mode right now so all he needs to do is more forward as far as he can go every turn so he can reach the throne room in time.

C39o3FV.png

You'll be cutting it close with the time limit though. Turn #9 is the earliest you can reach it and that's with moving Galagar as far as he can each turn.

QcvrDz0.png

There's another S-rank tome for the pile. Apollo will be making good use of this.

HEla82G.png

As for the final playable scene, Frigid Hearts, you get to see Lirianna in action.

H1wU72Y.png

While Rex is the undisputed person you do not want to mess with in a fight, during cutscenes, its Lirianna that you do NOT want to double cross...or hell, even simply die like a green army dingbat because she's going to add another death on to your ticket.

Vn8nPIj.png

Anyways, this scene has her and a squad of flyers trying to teach a group of Alician dissenters what happens when you disrespect Lirianna. Both her and her flyer squad move off screen while the decoy group does work.

QGpANAU.png

Your death I'm afraid dear soldier.

C6SvnKq.pngJkxINpe.pngsNFfMlY.png

The first few turns is basically the green army running interference on the west side of the map, nothing more.

DlPNzQZ.png

This Paladin goes on my good list. He picked the perfect enemy to murder first and foremost.

ZYMuhXj.png

Of course, he pays for it with his life, but it was well worth the sacrifice.

GMwG764.pngeDo3yDu.png

After a few turns, Lirianna's group comes back on the field and you'll get control of her. Her stats are the exact same as in the Seventh Star, but she's added a Steel Lance & Elixirs into her inventory.

Ksl2WB5.png

Now, unlike the last two playable scenes, you can't sleepwalk through this one. Lirianna can die as her defenses aren't the best and almost every enemy can do double digit damage to her. As such, it's best to let her flyers rush in and distract the first group of Pegasus Knights while she flies on by to lure out one of the Falcoknights in the southeast.

Also, that Bishop in the pic there? He has a Craze staff along with a Physic staff. Just pray he doesn't go towards Lirianna's group or things could get very dicey very quickly.

BOxKISt.pngTyCjhyp.png

The green army deathblow dodging show continues on it seems.

dlhiz1M.png

The green army even has its very own healing jerk. Gotta love that!

Igo4ni8.png

Lirianna gets a chance to attack without fear of counters. She does so here, but missed one of her attacks. No worries because they all should go for the green army flyers instead of her next enemy phase.

pU3VSVr.png

Some unlucky green army flyer is about to have one very bad day in the afterlife once Lirianna finds her.

Q3hF14t.png

There goes another green army Paladin, done in while in a berserker's rage thanks to the Bishop. There's five enemies down here and I think a couple up north, but only two green army units on the west side left.

LusdF87.pngSBDZOEr.png

Unfortunately for the enemy, they left the two most competent green army members alive. One can staffbot or nuke enemies, the other gets crits on single digit odds.

kPN1Vn5.png

Wrong unit to target with berserk there Mr. Bishop.

ltRaX6V.png

This Sage is fearless. He's basically telling two or three enemies to suicide into him right now, heh.

YciKzrq.png

Meanwhile, Lirianna has lured in a nasty Brave Lance using Falcoknight. Luckily, only one of the two hits connected.

Wc1xffO.png

Well then, the Bishop didn't have much better odds of hitting the badass Halberdier. Too bad for him because the Craze staff is now all used up and Lirianna's team is mostly intact.

HmnFL0e.png

Lirianna uses her first Elixir. Still in good shape though to make it to the end.

qfi6qEY.png

Yeah, you just keep on trying to kill the Halberdier there chief. He's too awesome to be dying right now.

THIU4G8.png

Since I don't want Lirianna taking any unneeded damage, she's going to stall here and poke enemies with her Divine Sword until her flyer brigade catches up.

f4BpiZe.png

Have I mentioned why I love the Halberdier class so much yet? That's two single digit crit odds this one has pulled on the map so far.

kZs7gUZ.png

There might be something wrong if you're a promoted class and you're worse off than an unpromoted unit. Not that it matters in the end to this awesome unit.

nzN1hxY.png

Fun fact: This Sage and the Halberdier above survive to the end of the map. They were just that good at the Caim of Drakengard strategy of murdering everything within a three mile radius.

izOKl4f.png1rauIjM.png

Lirianna's group has caught up to their commanding officer, but a dangerous enemy approaches. Luckily, it won't be able to reach anyone this turn and will probably get killed before any significant damage is dealt.

Jp6pmW7.pngsSWvJMR.png

Another dangerous enemy in the throne room. You don't want Lirianna getting close to this one until her flyer squad engages him first.

nhGrUiy.pngjPyQrgF.pngXA4ObBx.png

As for the enemy on the throne...nothing special, just a bit high on the avoid. This would be more of a challenge to drop were there not a group of green army units about to deliver a beating of a lifetime to the dingbat.

TpPKrFK.png

To be honest, Lirianna didn't even get a chance to attack. That Halberdier's death was orchestrated entirely by the green army. Every single one that lived gets a gold star for their performance I say.

usWAIRy.png

A free Iron Rune is nothing to complain about.

Now, if I'm right, you can't clear any of the playable cutscenes multiple times and get the same reward over and over again.

5eE1VTz.png

That's everything for the Tower of the Chosen so it's time to head back to the hub map, save and drop a savestate, and show a nasty bug that has cropped up.

0MCHlQj.png71oi8fq.pngCgyUDxo.png

I don't know if the Eighth Star clear or going to the Tower of the Chosen does it, but every time you attempt to trade with another unit from here on out will soft lock your game and force you to reload the save. From dabbling a bit with the bug, reloading your save will put you right before you made the decision to trade.

Basically, this means if you want to do any trading, it has to be tossed into Liuke's storage so the other character can grab it. Makes things much more annoying now as a result, but nothing can be done about it sadly.

Well now...only two stars left, then this playthrough of the hack will finally be at an end.

[spoiler=Tower of the Chosen video (viewable cutscenes only)]

[spoiler=Tower of the Chosen video (playable cutscenes only)]

Next time: The Ninth Star.

Closing in on the end so let's knock out the second to last star, shall we?

[spoiler=Constellation Part 10: The Ninth Star]masUjJX.png

Might as well jump right into the star after I did my preparations (Gary, Apollo, and Liuke got powered up by Galagar).

lY7pIfU.png6WWsyiZ.png

That's quite a few enemies, isn't it? Also, who's that person in the middle there?

LBdpsWr.pngvZ2rKB1.png4Xl2NfR.pngIhWTXjJ.png

Uh, sure, hello there person who'll get gangbanged and killed within the first turn if I don't rescue you. Yeah, he has Elixirs, but...

gYzgLFz.png6DEtsaY.pngO2UjbpJ.pngoKhYmlW.pngslXueli.pngh5wCdpc.png

The enemies have taken a massive leap in power. Hp levels ranging from the mid to upper 60s for magic users to mid 80s for Warriors is going to be the norm from now until the final, to say nothing of how high the offensive stats are.

Also, every single enemy has been given an Angelic Wing as evidenced by the higher stat caps and +1 mov. The latter means you need to pay much better attention to enemy ranges so you don't accidentally lure in more than you can deal with.

jKnKNm9.pngmpldFyJ.png

As for the two magic users near the start? Yeah, not a pleasant sight, is it?

6mePqsI.png8lm0kU0.png

Gary gets rid of the two idiots with the help of Anakin.

iiIxayF.pngGXtYcRt.png

Rana breaks out a use of a spare Savior staff I had on hand to bring Neku to safety.

Now, there's no penalty for Neku getting killed here nor is there a prize for ensuring his safety. I just keep him safe because I have nothing better to do during the first turn.

KjPW8Dp.pngLL9QCBp.png

Here's the real threats of the map...there a new tier of weaponry, Magnum. Not only are they very powerful, they all confer a +5 boost to speed. Granted, some of the weapons are so heavy that they'll effectively cancel out the bonus, but still...very very powerful. Best to tread lightly here.

uslyj3L.png3vwKqnh.png

No earth shattering kabooms dammit! Only Rex gets to do earth shattering kabooms!

xZiGAPd.png

You know, that would be more threatening had you not decided to attack someone with sky high defense.

ymUo3gg.png

Seriously, about three or four enemies decided to attack Lahar. Capital work considering he had Nosferatu equipped and stole back all the hp he lost each time he counterattacked.

7CxukZr.pngHsbcZwf.png

Yeah, this is kinda why you need Angelic Wings used on everyone and damned high stats. Otherwise, you could be doubled like Anakin here and nearly killed. Granted, his resistance isn't super high, but still...not fun to almost die, isn't it Anakin?

SkJnbhv.png

Neku won't move to attack, but he will target anyone in his range of his weapons. Granted, this weapon just has the Thunder tome animation, but let's go with the fact he killed this Halberdier with his voice because eh, why not at this point.

kLiWx1L.pnghucjunf.png

Time to clear out the trash that approached on the first enemy phase. Frederick axes a Halberdier in the face to start.

5NKwuIX.pngxGTCHZ5.png

Lahar nukes the Brave Bow Sniper (and gets a perfect level up I might add).

QfSLFPf.png

The dingbat Bishop that nearly killed Anakin gets Rex'd and drops his Magnum Ray tome.

hZdvzFX.png

Gary shoots another magic user from the map permanently.

eGls0O1.pngPlKbm78.pnguUAw1ey.png

Regis fails to kill a Falcoknight. This apparently angered the flyer as she flew over to attack him on the next enemy phase. She did not dodge the ensuing counterattack sadly.

VJkCfhC.png0OlCo1d.pngge0asIK.png

Frederick gets to be the one attracting the ire of a few enemies this go around. Too bad his defense is godlike and he only takes the lightest of wounds as a result.

Also, that Assassin that attacked him?

PqAgE0h.png

If you've been holding off on buying multiple Angelic Wings because of the price, the Silver Card oughta help out greatly.

UgmOkLk.png

Silver Card is now mine, sweet.

adNfDmM.png

This Swordmaster really wants to hit Frederick. Not today chief!

fMiVkVJ.png

That's not going to really hurt, even if it did connect. Gary did remove two thirds of the General's hp though on his counterattack.

hQti7PJ.pngFmExk7K.png

Did I mention that Rex's defense is capped at 30 right now? Any Magnum weapon using enemies are going to hit very hard, no questions asked.

mLar9g1.png

Captain Rex thanks you for your generous contribution of your shiny axe there Mr. Warrior.

BwjkVox.png

Frederick's starting to ram into stat caps now. Luck will be capping in two levels.

1wSAhWg.pngt8QY6yW.png

Liquid pulls a crit out to kill a random General. At least it saves me needing to use Gary or Apollo's turn to do the killing.

qbl7yco.pngceB5K1W.pngtr0eQgT.png

The best strategy for this map is to slowly advance forward once the initial horde dies down. Luckily, the enemies won't move until someone is in range so you can fight them on your own terms.

hHnHnCt.png

You know, so you don't nearly get ganked by a doubling Wyvern Lord like Lahar almost did. He went from 60 hp down to 12 from one enemy. This star is not easy if you rush too far forward.

T9UWPzX.png

Rex is still a dodging god in case you forgot.

4PUSwaS.pngCkjDwY6.png

More Magnum weapon stats. Forgot to take a picture of the Magnum Sword's stats. I'll do that when I start going through the Tenth Star.

W9cFk9I.pngZpsQjP0.pngCbBmEmu.png

The usual round of killing whatever came rushing up to the team proceeds as planned.

RLyZI5i.png

Rana's only purpose here is to spam a Fortify staff to keep the team as healthy as possible.

4176Iyp.pngYFlpQro.pngqKHRIdA.pngyfzXkqp.png

Starting to slowly lure out the northwestern squad of enemies. Only a couple left up there, then the trio in the northeast and this star will be complete.

59pHVH9.png

Rex: Just slightly less of a dodging god (The Swordmaster hit him this enemy phase).

NFuXgK1.png

Doesn't take long to fully clear out the northwestern group and bag another Magnum weapon for the pile.

zzh03j2.pnglVLR3uK.png

Apollo tanking it up something fierce I see. Good thing he didn't get killed (A Magnum Axe General attacked him this phase too, but he dodged that).

CI5cC8Z.pngWjvu3Al.png

Unfortunately for the Druid, Apollo doubled him and got a crit during the attacks, grabbing yet another Magnum weapon for the pile.

Ym6ynIN.pngtquFL8v.pngKhPjMIY.png

Rex & Lahar clean up the last of the enemy trash, completing this star.

orppscX.png

As a reward for clearing the star, you get the very awesome Magnum Bliss staff. Full heal to every unit on the map (except the caster of course)? Very nice!

SgfqvKN.pngc8QhFhA.png

Going back to see what Jake has for a reward, his conversation this time around reveals a rather lovely kick in the pants for what to expect in the Tenth Star, the last piece of post game content to clear before this hack is all over and done with.

DvO3qsK.png

Well now, it's the sword Leon had with him in the main game. Oughta be very useful here since there's no Arectaris to be had.

Death Count: Liquid (2), Kelik (1)

Next time: The end of a long journey.

Well, might as well wrap this playthrough up this morning, shall we?

[spoiler=Constellation Part 11: The Tenth Star]XoUiCOJ.png

While leveling up a team of 12 and making sure everyone had fully capped stats, I realized that getting crits on single digit odds runs in the Gallero family as Cid here proves to me while training him up.

DiRFUyi.png

Well, what could possibly be here for the final challenge of the post game (as of the latest version of the hack that is)?

dpZUlp9.png

Lots of enemies at the start to begin with. There's two Falcoknights & a Wyvern Lord off to the west and two Wyvern Lords plus a Falcoknight off to the east. One extra Berserker off to the west & east too.

JUxKsLD.png

If you thought the enemy strength in the last star was high enough, this star takes that even further. Expect every enemy you run across to least have one or two capped Angelic Wing-esque stats and very high stats everywhere else. If you don't cheese this star, you'll need to be very wary about what enemies are in range of your units so one doesn't get gangbanged by three or four enemies like this one and risk dying.

4kGL1E6.pngFf4bh9F.png

Oh yeah, one of the eight Berserkers has this as their weapon. You don't want this jerk getting anywhere near your units, otherwise you're looking at a 57% chance to be critted with 30 luck. If you must lure it out, do it with someone that's holding an Iron Rune.

LCQyTHK.pngfRODrVu.png

My strategy here is to have everyone gather on one side of the starting platform. That way, I only have to deal with one set of flyers instead of two potentially. Gary gets help from Anakin here in dropping a Berserker. Less of them means a better chance of me surviving the first turn.

3OGAPNd.png

Apollo lays down some damage on another Berserker, but no crit means it lives, but barely.

vaA1ZUv.pngMAOWsXP.png

Craze staves are immensely useful here. Maxed stats across the board means almost always landing the hits on any non-magic user. It also means taking out an enemy that'd go after your team most of the time.

Hvbhnzm.png

This is why the Berserkers are so deadly here. With a weapon as powerful as a Silver Axe and 37 strength, they can cleave off roughly a 1/3rd of anyone's health if they connect. This is with maxed stats provided by Galagar by the way.

hHxbqEj.png

Of course, "hit" is the operative word here.

88feARK.png

Did I mention that the two Swordmasters at the start have Magnum Swords and can double Lahar, maxed stats and all?

e8R8C2Q.png3yHJtZJ.png

Oh yeah, there's staff jerks peppered around the map. There's a Paralyze jerk in the throne room and one Physic jerk on the west & east side of the map. The healers are impossible to reach unless you have a flyer or someone that can cross water. To be honest, it's not worth going out of your way to kill one unless your flyer is quite strong or you have assistance from a berserked enemy.

ZV2OQMe.pngipMfiHe.png

More berserking hijinks to make things easier on myself.

8NEVbWr.pngJvIDpAL.png

Not much needs to be said about what happened on the player phase. Everyone grabs a target and murders with Rex, Cid, and Lahar going east to lure out the flyer trio there and murder some Berserkers in the process.

Also, Rana is going to get some serious usage out of Magnum Bliss. So much so that he breaks it by the end of the map.

RLuOWcq.pngmUFlQGb.png

I suppose Liuke is useful too just to distract enemies from going after my other units. He did kick off, but whatever. So long as my main units aren't getting killed, everything's good.

pXdy4ru.png

If you're going to use a ranged sword, at least use a Shadow/Divine Sword or even Nirvana. Prism Swords just don't cut it at this stage in the game, high stats be damned.

LCXiFz7.png

More staff jerk hijinks.

KEpimH2.pngXx12BEE.png

My berserking of enemies starts to pay off finally.

8oaTVvD.pngtfG2J09.pngQiSm0lj.pngpxRe0cG.png

Lots of murder gets dealt out this player phase. Not too much longer and the party can start moving forward.

JsHUVV3.png

Staff jerk whiffs on his final Paralyze charge. Good job chief!

HyzlsgI.png

With no more status jerks to worry about, Anakin gets to removing paralysis sleep.

um5mj5P.png

Time for more berserking hijinks!

zXqtPeA.png

A Magnum weapon reduced to 0 damage. Such is what happens when Lahar equips Munio.

z7DszAJ.pngBOMMpzv.png

Getting closer to the throne room, but there are Berserkers approaching from the west & east. Going to have to put up a couple walls to stall them.

iZJV0UT.pngx64OeTc.png

Another Chainsaw user? No thanks, goodbye!

oCQbGEq.pngfYURN4m.png

Craze staves make such a huge difference in how smoothly this star has gone. Without them, you have to be much more careful about where you step and how many enemies may attack you.

bEEoiSf.png

That's the last major flyer threat for awhile. The only one left currently ran away to the east side to get healed up by the Physic user over there.

miJGc3p.png

Yeah I probably should have had Rana heal up this last turn instead of berserking an enemy so moments like this wouldn't happen.

HoJOOJZ.png

Nothing of interest happened on the next player phase besides setting up walls to lure in some of the Berserkers and a bit of murder as well.

lDq0Cpv.png

Berserkers with Magnum Axes? Scary as hell if they connect which it didn't here thankfully.

c6w86qV.png

This is scary too, but that's the only enemy that attacks Kelik on this turn so he'll be fine.

ZeAQd9E.png

East side is just about cleaned out of threats. I even sent Lirianna over to possibly kill the eastern side Physic user for kicks since a berserked enemy decided to go after the healer as well so might as well BS while the team starts luring out the throne room enemies.

Q60Tu1o.png

It might only be a Prism Sword, but I'm not letting a full health flyer run around unchecked. Go attack your own enemies or something there Wyvern Lord, thanks.

oNOb4nV.png

Just a Hand Axe? Sheesh, why not a Tomahawk there buddy? Oh well, he's dead anyways.

q8jISOJ.png

So is this guy since his berserking work is done now.

qGi8c9T.png

Magnum Blaze users still can't hit Rex with it, heh.

yPCYA7G.png

One very dead Physic user thanks to a berserked...well, Berserker!

L8Ky2jg.png0XaDH74.png

Rex & Cid make the best spearing murder family, don't they?

TQbsIsu.pngdP3ZtKe.png

Gotta love it when Lethality kicks in and saves you the hassle of tossing more of your units against an enemy to kill it.

Y0z90kp.png

More turning into blades of light for Kelik as a Paladin fails to land a blow.

IcjUMBB.png

One very dead Paladin here. At this point, the star is almost over with.

tF3XQTt.png

There goes the awesome staff. Don't worry, I don't need it for the boss.

WzHTpiE.png

So, the actual objective here is to defeat the boss known as the Star King. Shouldn't be much of a problem, right?

2vsBpwm.png

So far, not a problem except for 50 res, effectively making him damn near magic immune.

9ECKn2D.png

This though is a problem. The Star King is not missing and he's going to one shot anyone that attacks him.

Now, there are two ways to deal with this. The first involves looking at the description of the Star King's sword which states that only the sword is going to live.

qlz7bkM.pngtBnEuRj.png

Long story short, pick someone to sacrifice to the Star King. Also, Requiem ignores defense, just as an extra kick in the pants.

7IM4xUG.png

Do that and you'll beat the star since the sword probably made the Star King go poof on the inside, even though he's still on the map there. Your sacrificed character will not be lost permanently though as he or she will still be in your roster when you return to the hub map.

il8P5PJ.png

The second way of beating the Star King involves breaking out Imperius. Doesn't seem like it'll kill him.

VkqRk4F.png

That is, until you get into battle and realize it's adding an extra 100 damage on top of whatever else it's going to inflict. For extra kicks, Kelik criticals and does 465 damage, probably the most damage I've seen a single hit do in a FE game.

M34yYEQ.pngTRBeUhR.png

Rewards for clearing the Tenth Star. Another Ether Sphere is nice.

rGfKqJx.pngpabJOaC.png

Now, that star in the northeast of the hub map can be entered, but sadly, the final challenge is not implemented (And, considering Blazer isn't working on this hack anymore I think, will likely never be completed).

As such, that means this hack playthrough has come to an end. Before the hack is put down until perhaps the Hard Mode version comes out (if it ever does, heh), I'll just leave you with the following pic.

IZk0hga.png

Rex with 18 con & 13 mov because why the hell not, heh.

Final Death Count: Shon (1), Siegfried (1), Tekun (1), Leopold (1), Howard (1), Eduardo (1), Shuuda (2), Ben (1), Storm (1), Liquid (3), Kelik (1)

[spoiler=Final Thoughts]

Well, this makes it the 6th or 7th time I've beaten the hack. There's just something fun about playing through it every so often that makes it fun, especially when I can beat the main game using only three units (Anakin, Kelix, and Rex).

Honestly, my only major gripe with the game is that the midway point of the main game has some boring or stupidly designed maps and pretty pathetic difficulty. Linear spiral maps with little to no promoted unit presence makes it only more boring still.

Also, you don't get a pure axe user until Mark in chapter 17 of the main game. That seems a bit odd if you ask me.

The best part of the main game...Rex. Did you even have to ask? Now you know where my avatar (as of this post going up) comes from, heh.

Still though, the post game is a hell of a lot of fun. You can grind as little or as much as you want and challenge yourself in a variety of ways.

Overall, it's certainly not a perfect hack by any means, but it's much more well designed than FE7if.

As for what I might play next after a bit of a break...FE7 Chaos Mode seems tempting enough, but we'll see.

Do supports exist in the postgame? I don't remember seeing any, but perhaps I'm a lousy reader.

I loved this playthrough, and you should totally do FE7CM next.

They do exist, but the only way you can establish them is while you're in a star. You can't do it on the hub map.

For me, I never once established a support as I think Blazer didn't intend for that to be possible in the post game, but I may be wrong there.

And, while thinking on it a bit more...yeah, I'll do FE7CM next after I give myself a day or two to relax.

Nice! Glad to hear you had a good time with the hack, as did I when I played it. This isn't the only LP of TLP on here, but the other one wasn't nearly as good as this. If you make an FE7CM LP, I'll totally read it.