TheMoniker plays all of Markyjoe's crap(ALIVE ONCE MORE)

TheMoniker

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, forgot about that one! Still, it's a ragefest hack, and kind of different from the others, so I see no need to play it. Unless a bunch of people request it...

You could make a poll to see if people want you to play Corruption of Roy.

This was back in the days when I was very sheltered and far less timid about sexual subject matter, so I kinda just indulged myself with things like this. It happens in Old Fire Mumblem too, but with a far weirder fetish of mine, and that's where things are going to get really awkward.

Lol. I guess it could be worse?

I have a fetish for extremely long hair. There. >_<

I find this fact IMMENSELY ENTERTAINING.

Okay, I guess I should say something too. I've been a pseudo-fan of your youtube channel for a while, but I never actually subscribed, because you were my guilty pleasure youtuber. Feel better now?

What are Wil's/Florina's/Lyn's/MaybeRath's animations with a sword? I'm legitimately curious.

Still entertaining, btw.

As Marky said, they don't have any. No idea why Guy happens to have a magic sword capable of shooting arrows, though.

You could make a poll to see if people want you to play Corruption of Roy.

I think I will actually do that.

Let's skip the intro and get straight to...

Super Hard Lyn Mode: Episode 6: Chapters 7x and 8: Part 1: Fortress of Crazy

gaSKFC7.png

kcVvUhZ.png

Is this more enemies than in FE7? Seems like plenty to me...also, there seem to be 2 promoted units around!

7Guk2RN.png

One of them leaves eventually, but we'll have to deal with the other one...

SQqU8m8.png

Glad to see you all have faith in me!

7Mr5pFq.png

Here's the team. We're taking Glitch!Rath along, in hopes that he won't disappear on us again.

Remember the boots we got last time?

qrxEPas.png

Yeah, the recipient is clear.

ZX3Ay54.png

Here's my setup. Let's look at the enemies!

9X8W5oz.png

WOW

I FEEL SO THREATENED

THIS IS SUPER HARD

c7HDzP0.pngyGAQmlN.png

Beyard doesn't move and has no 2-range option, and his stats are nothing to speak of(save for the HP, I suppose).

5rdh4Wh.png

Hey, he stuck around this time!

3qVFoK8.png

You know what that means!

LtUYDGz.png

I gave him the Mani Katti too!

jJeO3zz.png

This could have been bad, but Nils actually held up surprisingly well.

UHEplin.pngzN8v3VJ.png

NOT SO FOR RATH

STUPID THUNDER MAGES

WmGtRWC.png

Upon the mage's death, he gets...a terrible level! You are SO dropped, Glitch!Rath!

0ny25tq.png

Florina lures out a merc. This is pretty much the last kill she'll ever score.

HLcBxwl.png

Reinforcements!

O5NJYYL.png

Hey, shouldn't there be some from those stairs? What's holding them up? I somehow doubt one noob soldier from the lower stairs will save you...

6Lm33JJ.png

Hammer time!

Nnv3W8a.png

Oh, there they a-WAIT WHAT

FKTlp3o.pngKQssExk.pngfR0d6Oc.png

So, uh, yeah...this random allied commander "--" has good stats, an infinite use emblem weapon, and an S rank in axes as well as a lance rank. For not knowing how to edit weapon ranks, Marky sure is good at editing weapon ranks!

DKe2Xa3.png

I DO NOT BELIEVE THESE ARE STANDARD STATS

JCVpOKQ.png

And so the epic battle commences!

bDuxeEn.png

Both sides miss their attacks. The outcome of this battle is entirely dependent on luck, and the pirate could win or lose depending on what the RNG decides.

kIWEl6p.pnghoY9vLN.png

The mage tries to interfere. It doesn't work out.

9FIPRrX.png

On the next other phase, the pirate re-engages, and nearly dies(but actually lands a hit!). Then, on the next enemy phase...

l4LxDiY.png

He somehow lives. WITH MORE HP THAN HE HAD BEFORE. Yeah, this guy has some weird hidden auto-regen-health crap going on, which increases his chances, but he can't take a crit.

RBdDvbF.pngqBUUACD.png

Yeah, I never managed to catch it on camera, despite my best attempts. The rest of my team cleared the rest of the fortress, and they've been kinda breaking out the popcorn to watch the struggle of the friendly.

XdPnNgE.png

And he's down! Now we just have to finish Beyard.

vUvzA9w.png

Hmmm...who to give the kill to?

1Bn6uKq.png

THE CLEAR CHOICE IS LUCIUS

No, I don't know why either!

8HygT29.png

He gets a good level, at least.

QBtr0x9.png

I decide to just play the next chapter, thinking it would be short.

I was wrong.

SO HORRIBLY WRONG

EPsI4Q4.png

Surely a ballista isn't THAT special?

14CkcOY.png

Bye Matthew, it would have been so trolly for Marky to put a super important stealable here, but he didn't.

kIu5R6L.png

The team! You know, having two extra units in our party means we have to leave more people out than we would in FE7.

icVaXo0.pnga82nReo.png

Things are already looking kind of different...

Wait, what's that second ballista doing?

K3KDqvp.png

Uh...

pKAdVjr.pngBNOE9uQ.png

WELL OKAY THEN

I guess Marky intended for this guy to be annoying to kill because of the avoid, but...what's up with the map sprite!

xKCP8FV.png

So, about the rest of the Caelin mooks. They're ALL very weird.

na9ctM7.pngKExhBar.png

The sage has super weak stats.

leTgICx.pngdU5ym7s.png

This guy is THE MOST BOSS merc you will ever see.

v3Fj0XE.png

These soldiers have insane HP and luck, and are actually somewhat threatening! Bit of a step up from last chapter!

vkGXxBN.pngMd2mb0o.pnggyWES78.png

Yogi is here, with surprisingly ordinary stats and weapons.

Wait a minute...

auied3W.pngX9a3URi.png

TWO YOGIS

OKAY THEN

Can Moniker prevail against this insanity? Find out next time!

Super Hard Lyn Mode: Episode 6: Chapters 7x and 8: Part 2: Vortex of TOO MUCH HP

hY09ix2.png

To start us off, have a "get out" level from Nils!

HvBvNGm.png

The armory contains nothing remarkable. Also, those 5000 g bags? They sell for 2500 gold.

wHC0iuR.pngXhmabff.png

A: The shaman near the village is actually female

B: The sage is pink

C: SO...MUCH...HAIR

dp3EczR.png

The thief, uh...dismounts? Did...Marky put a thief in a ballista, a machine meant only for archers? I didn't know you could even DO that!

tDYXe3Q.png

Yeah, this guy is INSANELY strong. Boss in mooks clothing, right here!

rZklUqe.png

Seriously, how are we going to deal with this guy? I shouldn't have sent Lyn to the village!

neD5YMa.pngO53iFjf.png

Erk finishes the sage for a good level.

t8MIhAY.png

DEATH TO BALLISTA

0Ur408R.png

Sain shall tank out the merc!

kCI7pXQ.png

Sure, fail your counter! Oh well, at least he didn't di-

9G6HwNw.png

WELP

Sain is the tankiest unit on the entire team, with the possible exception of Lyn, so if he can't survive this, that shows you just how tough these guys are.

G2ZFEVW.png

RNG ABUSE

HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF SUCH A THING

xewSY4U.png

Well, he's dead now! Seriously, I actually really like the altered animation of hair. It's nice.

hZJ09Wu.png

I'd say these guys are extremely tanky, but I think the problem is really that Dorcas is the worst fighter ever.

ZlpEMzJ.png

Not helping!

2nZGlCU.png

Great, more lucky/tanky soldiers! On enemy phase, too!

SArCU32.png

They have these weird grey-red palettes, too!

vfBPBGr.png

He only had 8 strength through all that? No wonder!

LXwtBRR.png

Okay, MAYBE I was a bit negligent with regards to the village...

Also, if you look, you can see that the thief's ballista mysteriously disappeared at some point. I wasn't keeping track of it, so i have no idea when or why it happened.

s0MZWKC.png

Wil, you are the WORST ARCHER EVER.

QDZNN0D.png

Phew, we're finally reducing the enemy numbers...

8TxbmfK.png

BUT MORE ARE COMING

UqnFIJ5.png

Wow, we really needed this.

hn2bmQi.pngGuIpXG5.png

Levels! Lyn is actually becoming pretty amazing...

2HTHhv2.png

We've engaged the soldier reinforcement waves. What that means is, they'll be dead soon.

E7XtkEV.png

Okay, I guess this guy doesn't move.

EfJsNSY.png

OH YES

That was her achieving an A IN ANIMA! Do you realize what this means?

fTRH8kP.png

THE UBERVETR IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR USE

Kr8uvUD.pngZLynToS.png

Erk misses a soldier, who then goes on to kill Marky's friend. THANKS, ERK

On the second try, Erk hits and kills the soldier, but there's two around...

h0njrBQ.png

THE GAME KNOWS THAT GUY DOESN'T BELONG AND IS SEEKING TO CORRECT THE MISTAKE

UjuVT8m.png

FINALLY I manage to keep him alive!

h1UHgLf.png

I could...no, no, I MUST SAVE IT FOR THE PERFECT TARGET

QhaZL5T.png

Bad level.

I4qNBVL.pngbB9EXLY.png

The epic battle commences, and ends very quickly! Good job hitting on your first try, Lucius!

WkS9BmJ.png

Chip!

czUWFMn.pngPDjJJFm.png

I, uh, really should be more careful when I lure enemies out. Lucius is kinda helpless right now.

XQxon66.pngxCpX4DW.png

I really, really, should be more careful...

XTUttiV.png

At this rate, he won't be helpless much longer!

That's one Yogi down. What about the other one?

tp8zsIH.png

ALSO DEAD! AHAHAHA! This is higher crit than I got in Corrupt Theocracy!

m6uXPDu.png

Yeah Lyn, you nuked the surrounding countryside, and now a Fimbulvetr winter is ensuing that will cause massive loss of life, but it doesn't matter now because we're leaving the area!

HPZYnCN.png

NEXT TIME: The final completed chapter of the hack! It contains things such as:

Wallace's "promotion"

Insanely tough enemies

Lyn being awesome

THE BEST PLOT TWIST EVER

More replies. Getting used to Serenes Forests's weird quoting system by just imitating TheMoniker's method.

Ooh! And I'm so glad you made the text even bigger. ;-;

Okay, I guess I should say something too. I've been a pseudo-fan of your youtube channel for a while, but I never actually subscribed, because you were my guilty pleasure youtuber. Feel better now?
Pseudo fan? Guilty pleasure? What's that supposed to mean?? ;-;

I think I will actually do that.
I'm not really sure why people wouldn't vote to see the submission. You did say you were LPing my stuff, and that just means more stuff.

kcVvUhZ.png

Is this more enemies than in FE7? Seems like plenty to me...also, there seem to be 2 promoted units around!

I think I did try to add more units while editting, but stuff like that always caused Glitch Rath or worse.

c7HDzP0.pngyGAQmlN.png

Beyard doesn't move and has no 2-range option, and his stats are nothing to speak of(save for the HP, I suppose).

I loved giving enemies loads of HP. It just isn't done in a fun way until Old Fire Mumblem Episode 6.

Oh, there they a-WAIT WHAT

FKTlp3o.pngKQssExk.pngfR0d6Oc.png

So, uh, yeah...this random allied commander "--" has good stats, an infinite use emblem weapon, and an S rank in axes as well as a lance rank. For not knowing how to edit weapon ranks, Marky sure is good at editing weapon ranks!

Remember me mentioning my IRL friend Guy? This was supposed to be my other IRL friend, Adam. I think I intended for him to beat the boss and just leave, forever making the player wonder who stole their EXP.

Oh. And the weapon rank... Maybe I did know how to set those, but somehow messed up with that knight boss from the previous chapter. I dunno, it's been so long!

l4LxDiY.png

He somehow lives. WITH MORE HP THAN HE HAD BEFORE. Yeah, this guy has some weird hidden auto-regen-health crap going on, which increases his chances, but he can't take a crit.

I think his axe has the nosferatu effect. When you apply that to anything that isn't nosferatu, the game doesn't visually display the regained HP during battle animations. Turning off the battle animations makes this work properly.

Also, that palette's kinda cool. =D

QBtr0x9.png

I decide to just play the next chapter, thinking it would be short.

I was wrong.

SO HORRIBLY WRONG

This next chapter is just... a total mess. Prolly the hardest chapter in the game except for Chapter 9 (which is the end of the hack).

Wait, what's that second ballista doing?

K3KDqvp.png

Uh...

pKAdVjr.pngBNOE9uQ.png

WELL OKAY THEN

I guess Marky intended for this guy to be annoying to kill because of the avoid, but...what's up with the map sprite!

Uh. Wow. I don't even remember this happening. But yeah, you've noticed earlier that there were units like phantoms and inside-out men that specialized in a certain stat. Thinking about it now, I was probably doing this to diversify the enemy variety and give them specific strengths and weaknesses.

leTgICx.pngdU5ym7s.png

This guy is THE MOST BOSS merc you will ever see.

... What the hell was I thinking?

Wait a minute...

auied3W.pngX9a3URi.png

TWO YOGIS

OKAY THEN

Man, I really wish I remember why I did that. I think it was to show how hard things are getting. Instead of one Yogi to fight, you deal with two.

And now I gotta prepare my next post. =X

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

wHC0iuR.pngXhmabff.png

A: The shaman near the village is actually female

B: The sage is pink

I definitely think the sage is using Archsage Athos's palette. Probably to show people OH MAN, HE MEANS BUSINESS or something.

C: SO...MUCH...HAIR

*Cough* The more the better. ._.'

dp3EczR.png

The thief, uh...dismounts? Did...Marky put a thief in a ballista, a machine meant only for archers? I didn't know you could even DO that!

I seriously don't remember doing that.

9G6HwNw.png

WELP

Sain is the tankiest unit on the entire team, with the possible exception of Lyn, so if he can't survive this, that shows you just how tough these guys are.

Finally. The game called Super Hard Lyn Mode is Super Hard. XP

xewSY4U.png

Well, he's dead now! Seriously, I actually really like the altered animation of hair. It's nice.

Eh? Really? Why? It looks kinda janky to me at parts. Hair length is inconsistent throughout the animation, missing pieces of hair during certain frames, etc. etc.

... I'm really bad at taking compliments, by the way.

vfBPBGr.png

He only had 8 strength through all that? No wonder!

Well, he was level 4, which isn't far from his starting level. Prolly why he was so bad. =X

I think I greatly upped his growths in this hack, by the way.

fTRH8kP.png

THE UBERVETR IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR USE

Sorry for nitpicking, but... "not?"

Kr8uvUD.pngZLynToS.png

Erk misses a soldier, who then goes on to kill Marky's friend. THANKS, ERK

NOOO! NOT GUY! NOW I HAVE NO ONE TO PLAY PROJECT M WITH!! ;-;

tp8zsIH.png

Fimbulvetr is supposed to be an instant kill move. Though, like a lot of things in this hack, I don't know why I did it, but I had a huge hard on for Sages in this period of my life.

Ah well. Should make the final boss easier at least. If it actually hits her.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Pseudo fan? Guilty pleasure? What's that supposed to mean?? ;-;

I DON'T KNOW

Maybe we shouldn't be saying these things on public forums

xewSY4U.png

Eh? Really? Why? It looks kinda janky to me at parts. Hair length is inconsistent throughout the animation, missing pieces of hair during certain frames, etc. etc.

... I'm really bad at taking compliments, by the way.

To be honest, I just like altered stuff. It's somehow cooler than normal stuff.

Sorry for nitpicking, but... "not?"

GRAMMAR NAZI OMG

Whoops.

Responses to responses.

Super Hard Lyn Mode: Episode 7: Chapter 9: Part 1: THE POWER OF THE SPEEDWINGS

nIuardn.png

Boy, it sure is a good thing they're going in every direction but the one we're actually in!

SsmhxN6.png

This map now has the nighttime palette. I think plains looks way cooler at night, so this is a good thing.

F1paKk7.png

The team!

AUzoYXi.png

Starting the chapter and...oh hey, Wallace arrived!

QAP9nt7.png

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE

qJgoiJj.pngpWmNcOn.png

I HATE this tutorial. What is the game trying to teach you? To promote your units super early and use promotion items on units that don't need them? Especially when there's a 50% chance you won't even see them again in the main game?

Also, there's one other thing.

Wallace spawns with a Spear, a Dragonshield, an Energy Ring, and a Speedwings.

NOT A KNIGHT CREST. So, we go into his inventory with no promotion item to select, and then...

wnCYP8a.png

Uh...

fi99aBJ.png

OKAY THEN.

Ju1oHlt.png

Dude, all you did was use one speedwings!

6serIZB.png

So, here's his stats with the amazing power of the speedwings! Yes, this does mean he had 4 base speed. Ah well, I guess it's better than the game being locked forever!

pAydCRn.png

The map seems mostly empty, but as we all know, that can and will change.

bfVjeYb.png

The merc is level 20, but really isn't that tough, especially after the last one we dealt with!

2VKoPep.pngbtURhkQ.png

The assassin has negative skill, low strength, and huge HP and defense, plus a droppable. I think he's another phantom...?

Oh, and those two units near the throne?

ipWXtah.pngcB6F2Sd.png

YEAH. These guys are basically a giant "SCREW YOU" from Marky, as you can't really handle these guys without an uber trained unit. Luckily for me, I HAVE an uber trained unit!

Agd5sVn.png

Hey, there's no commander this map! But who's sitting on the gate?

OMmed6K.png

It's...

CQSH0FR.pngDRFCSRR.png

3GLWbGO.png

LYN!

(Note that real Lyn is there for comparison)

This lady is known as EVIL LYN, and she's basically an evil version of Lyn. Note that she permanently remains a sage, even in Marky's other hacks where Lyn does not in fact start as a mage.

As far as stats go, she's pretty weak, but she has a sleep tome and staff(and there's no restores around), so watch out!

I25WtSb.png

HAX

8PDXnae.png

I accidentally forgot to bring Matthew, so we might need this.

tfHlinX.pngnb1qHX3.png

And then, ENEMY PHASE REINFORCEMENTS FROM A LARGE VARIETY OF PLACES! YAY!

This will continue for a while...

Z13I51b.png

The map is still mostly empty, but that will change.

Now, let's take a closer look at these reinforcements.

KcUkquZ.pngUcGWHs0.pngcZ6VSUd.pnghNIc0kR.pngkJoHHDx.pngv2I6AtX.png

OH DEAR WHY THEY ALL HAVE DROPPABLES

Yeah, these guys ALL have valuable items, and they continue on FOR SEVERAL WAVES. PREPARE FOR INVENTORY FILLAGE!

4J3XhVh.png

No idea why this exists. But it does.

dkMp2wb.png

Forget moving out! I'm keeping everyone together and staying RIGHT HERE until this blows over!

8mqAS7V.png

Second wave!

tAS0wJt.png

These pegs are actually pretty dangerous! Or maybe Nils is just really fragile. The Flame Spear animation isbasically the peg casting a fire spell.

1pPW4N8.png

It took me a while to realize that this guy was meant to be a phantom, but luckily I still let Lyn tank them out.

oNGdeUy.png

...Beautiful?

iRECR0s.png

Oh crap, thanks for the reminder! I nearly forgot!

v7XpSFw.png

I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING

everything is so dark

I'm scared

someone hold me

I have a fetish for extremely long hair. There. >_<

C'mon, Moniker, leave the lad alone (and here I was going to vote for you being awesome). XD And admitting you've lurk'd on his YouTube doesn't exactly make it even...

Honestly, there are way worse things to fetish over....... things that take years to escape. T_T 'Nough said. *twitches*

tp8zsIH.png

m6uXPDu.png

Yeah Lyn, you nuked the surrounding countryside, and now a Fimbulvetr winter is ensuing that will cause massive loss of life, but it doesn't matter now because we're leaving the area!

Well, that makes my sig look perfectly tame in comparison!! I guess nobody can criticize it now!!! AHAHAHA!!! MAY THE DIVINE NUKE CLEANSE YOU!!!!

*Ahem* Goodness... I need to mind my manners...

Anyway, my mind honestly boggles at those numbers... Like would Lyn technically have more of a chance to crit than to otherwise hit? With 54 hit, would that really mean she doesn't really have a 134% chance to crit?!? Then... if... by that which... Ugh, if I were a robot, I would've exploded by now...

Anyway, my mind honestly boggles at those numbers... Like would Lyn technically have more of a chance to crit than to otherwise hit? With 54 hit, would that really mean she doesn't really have a 134% chance to crit?!? Then... if... by that which... Ugh, if I were a robot, I would've exploded by now...

Here's how it works. in FE7, the game calculates if you will hit first. If you do, crit is calculated. Crit of 134 is really just 100.

So Lyn has a 54% chance to crit or miss. =X

Here's how it works. in FE7, the game calculates if you will hit first. If you do, crit is calculated. Crit of 134 is really just 100.

So Lyn has a 54% chance to crit or miss. =X

Interesting. I knew that Crit is just the percentage of the Hit percentage but what was confusing me was whether Lyn had 134% of 54% of a chance to Crit or not (which works out to about 72%). Good to know the game treats all >100 numbers as 100. I suspect it would crash otherwise...

Fun Fact: I'm usually terrible at math!!

Interesting. I knew that Crit is just the percentage of the Hit percentage but what was confusing me was whether Lyn had 134% of 54% of a chance to Crit or not (which works out to about 72%). Good to know the game treats all >100 numbers as 100. I suspect it would crash otherwise...

Fun Fact: I'm usually terrible at math!!

If a growth rate is over 100, it's still technically treated as 100. However, if the rate is 110, it will still roll a number to see if two of that stat is obtained in a level up.

I had a 0 HP Archer happen in vanilla FE7. In LHM, Erk critted in the scene before the chapter started, but for whatever reason the Archer stayed alive. I didn't try attacking him, but when he attacked Serra during EP he poofed after the battle.

Edited by Forceman

I'll hold you. Now play Corruption of Roy. :Roy:

The poll seems to have clearly decided the true answer, so I'll accept the offer and end the poll soon.

C'mon, Moniker, leave the lad alone (and here I was going to vote for you being awesome). XD And admitting you've lurk'd on his YouTube doesn't exactly make it even...

Honestly, there are way worse things to fetish over....... things that take years to escape. T_T 'Nough said. *twitches*

Well, that makes my sig look perfectly tame in comparison!! I guess nobody can criticize it now!!! AHAHAHA!!! MAY THE DIVINE NUKE CLEANSE YOU!!!!

*Ahem* Goodness... I need to mind my manners...

The fetish conversation is over.

We will never speak of this again.

...Anyways, I think the game kind of fails in that regard, since it wasn't built to involve hit in crit calculations. I guess it sort of moves downwards, as in, "you have a 54% chance to hit, and if you do, a 134% chance to crit", even though that makes no sense. And yeah, all crit above 100 is useless(except, maybe, for Silencer) since the game doesn't have any form of overkill crit.

Super Hard Lyn Mode: Episode 7: Chapter 9: Part 2: The Epic Final Fight

j1NCtTZ.png

So, this is where we left off. Tons of reinforcements coming, and we can barely see anything. Oh, how I wish I had brought Matthew for the torch glitch(no, not THAT torch glitch!)...

kK5zc9z.png

This is where I realize that the cavaliers are phantoms. These are by far the most threatening phantoms yet!

v0HEOv9.png

Lucius is OWNING!

LMYYQM1.png

And the pegs drop easy. Even though this is the last chapter, this isn't THAT hard to handle...although maybe it's because I'm not moving from the starting position.

fviRYTC.pngLpYR5lL.png

Do these even matter any more?

jnWJdsG.png

I think this is the third wave.

3Ngc9NW.png

Level 9...can you guess what's gonna happen?

V4GMMWn.pngpgEu3oI.png

Ah hah...hah...man, Nils is kinda a burden when the enemies are this tough...

87D7fWW.png

Level 10, even if it isn't great! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

Ti8P1lo.png

SECOND PROMOTION!

vpfQag4.png

I bet NONE of you were expecting this! Look at it! Look at his beautiful flowing bishie hair!

jrT9qAW.png

I really don't think Marky intended for this promotion to happen, for a number of reasons.

TeqfZZv.png

So, his stats still totally suck, but apparently his caps were buffed!

So, I didn't take a screenshot, but here's the thing. Lucius's lightning has 3 uses left. Guess how many opportunities there are to get more light tomes. NONE. NONE AT ALL. Seriously, it's a testament to my MASTERFUL XP MANAGEMENT that he got promoted on one 35-use tome.

NGtGc7D.png

Wil is becoming the strongest FE7 archer ever.

vDIRi7S.png

The inventory fullness is making me do TERRIBLE THINGS.

BUosgsx.png

Torches are so ineffective when used by a normal unit! But, I do it anyway.

2pvbPfn.png

Reinforcements still come, but there are less of them this time!

LFBYtA1.png

Look at this everyone. POWER OF THE SPEEDWINGS.

unEGTq1.png

POWER OF THE SPEED WINNNNGGGGSSSSS!!!!

92vJsUZ.png

Rath's luring out the bandits.

Xs45w6b.png

We're not exactly being swarmed here.

HsWKqzW.png

In retrospect it would have been better to pour xp into Erk. I'll explain why in a bit, assuming I remembered to take that screenshot...

Niwu4Lk.png

Lucius is relegated to healing duties, since Lyn is busy holding off cavaliers, and he can't exactly go on offense!

HrH0wKo.png

And she's doing a good job of it, too!

Jknb5Au.png

Rath misses not one but two killing shots! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ACCURATE!

erAiU9r.png

Do you guys see what I see?

AN EXPLICIT LACK OF MORE REINFORCEMENTS!

OkzDToJ.png

Stupid bandit. Stupid giving generics elixirs.

08iEvly.png

Sain was pretty much awesome the whole time.

GCO121V.png

Uh oh, the female shamans from the top have arrived!

qcmlLh7.png

And they can actually hurt Lyn!

UHER8Ep.pngmp506T0.png

More levels that don't really matter.

lIfslDN.png

Look at that hair everybody. Isn't it...graceful?

hFr24BS.png

Rcfg2jb.png

I thought Rath was going to miss two killing shots AGAIN, but he hit the second one.

LS5cMJn.png

You suck SO MUCH, Glitch rath!

ZXgTPWk.png

21 damage? These shamans have INSANE attack!

96jKUNT.png

Mind you, Wil's resistance isn't that great...

qgIrRcr.png

Her stats don't look good enough for the final fight, so...

h9jetPk.png

I spend some time feeding her ALL the statboosters we collected!

Eventually, she and everyone else sets out towards Evil Lyn...

G7R6nzv.png

Oh, what? SUDDEN CUSTOM DIALOGUE!

bvmp9oY.png

So yeah, Evil!Lyn is engaging SAIN.

TXle8lw.png7JsiZ8b.png

These text bubbles are REALLY weird. Seriously.

K3eIg4f.png7MVX8v0.png

Not even periods

UXv1wQr.pngh459n2v.png

I guess it's kinda entertaining, but Marky doesn't write half as good a Sain as that Cedar person.

7doRNe5.png

Sain actually survives with 1 HP! Miraculous!

iXuhe4c.png

Look guys, at how amazingly THREATENING the phantom assassin is.

If he hit and activated Silencer, I would LITERALLY DIE.

TrSpAsD.png

As it is, Lyn decides to not be sucky.

Now, for the engagement between normal and evil Lyn!

7gjW73a.png7XIpM0F.png

I guess evil Lyn has the "Bern traveler" garment on so you can tell them apart?

zi4Kjch.pngDC9YC6b.png

Lyn, remember that last time you cut your hair, 7 years ago? turns out that your hair is like a starfish, and...okaythatwasbadi'llstop

vgyaEet.pngpVG1IXM.png

Didn't Marky criticize Project Z for these kind of jokes?

MFakNtu.pngiZs4sxb.pngfM7F7i7.png

Yes, please!

IbZhNiO.png

And so commences THE BATTLE OF THE HAIR.

YviAaLN.png

Silly swordsmaster, don't try to interfere! Lyn flashes some hair in his direction, and poor Caelin gets hurt.

uzHAH1P.png

Yeah, you too, you weird...pink...person...

UZO61KN.png

Hah, that can't POSSIBLY hit, there's no WAY...

txI0DMd.png

See?

1cW2fjj.png

I guess I COULD wreck her with the Thunder tome, but that would be BORING.

KzNtBIB.png

There is only ONE tome I can use to defeat her!

TtBaYlP.png

Did you know that Fimbulvetr can't be countered and can't counter? I guess it's sort of nice.

mSXtl5z.png

Magical hair dance!

lsyndao.png

Hope for a hit, everyone!

nl4nwGR.png

Oh yes! First try!

W3Q6uEN.png

BOOM!

And yes, Fimbulvetr DOES poison it's target. Because, you know, that's SO NECESSARY.

0NLYNlH.pngU1nZYzr.png

Yeah! Interrogate her, Lyn!

jOHXC4M.png9r8ut2w.png

Sheesh Lyn, have you never read a BOOK before? They had them back then, you know! Heck, she could have learned about plot just from told stories and folklore! WHY WOULD SHE NOT KNOW WHAT THAT IS?

L887xsA.png

This is new information everyone. LISTEN CLOSELY.

fzldGFY.png

What, an elemental aspect? Five aspects: Air, Fire, Water, Earth, and HAIR

UmvlFbd.png9DdbHwd.png

More text bubble problems! And yeah, this won't be the last time we see her, although we'll never get adequate answers on the reasons for her existence. Ever.

Icy99Xs.png

Oh sure...S-rank anima NOW...

iMpF5cR.png

I'm lazy and don't kill the swordsmaster! Time to LEAVE!

So, Marky said that this is where the hack ends, and that everything after that is unfinished. So obviously, what we're going to do is KEEP PLAYING ANYWAY

NEXT TIME: The SHLM Bonus Episode!

Super Hard Lyn Mode: Bonus Episode: This makes NO SENSE

73Lpy1C.png

We start the next chapter and...wait a minute.

a0CQCVY.png

So, uh...okay then.

Dkkm4e5.pngar3FkQv.png

So, this is the normal Chapter 10 map...but with all the generic enemies replaced with generic allies.

9jEfaAL.png

Except for the one Enemy.

You know, I just have to ask: What WAS this chapter actually planned to be?

Anyways, the Enemy is...

vbUtkCK.pngf6D3gat.png

EVIL ELIWOOD! Or...just Eliwood, I don't really know. Makes me wonder if Marky intended for there to be an evil Lyn/Eliwood/Hector trio, but whatever this was planned to be, it didn't happen.

AVy5cMS.png

Oh, and he has no dark rank, so he can't even fight back against the green army out to get him.

S1VyrVY.png

Florina's gonna ferry someone over to deal with Enemy.

A4I2npK.pngO7jzRHv.png

Unaltered stuff! Anyways, Enemy doesn't get THAT MUCH regen from his throne, so it's only a matter of time until the green army takes care of him.

vxxVXmK.png

Oh look. Rain.

A few turns later...

GKCPPem.pngXdtdgGW.png

See? He had to rely on his elixir. Now that Sain's there, he won't be hard to take care of.

1s3Pi4w.png

See?

GPXoeRs.png

Wow, a great level at the very end. Nice.

uuw9Jig.png

OH HI THERE SNAG

I checked, the armory/shop have nothing interesting.

YSx9rF7.png

Again, because I'm curious, I'll start Eliwood mode too.

Bk73ZuB.png

Yeah, bye loser Lyn, we'll be seeing you again in, well...just about every hack we're going to play except Chronicles of Lussaria.

vlKdRqt.png

Lyn's battle statistics are the highest of all my units, and they still aren't that big. Man, Lyn's mode is lame.

27f7zZY.png

So, here is the start of Eliwood's map! Notice anything different? There isn't much, but the first thing is that...there's a generic lyn lord!

mKhcUIO.png

Yeah okay, loser lady.

0uFnf9a.png

The boss is now level 20(still with lame stats) and has CRAZY WEAPONZ

Ujn11At.png

There's a generic BARD around too. Not entirely sure about that one...

vNx97ep.pngtvmrohc.png

He has a Ninis's grace and...weapon ranks. I have NO IDEA.

C2mIIZA.pngRiZDmyF.png

Eliwood is meh, with an awesome weapon he doesn't even come close to be being able to use.

You MIGHT have noticed that there's one more unit than normal near Eliwood...

qQIqaBF.png0UJ3s4y.png

It's CITIZEN! Remember? From Chapter 1? ...No? Okay then.

I wait until Bartre/Dorcas arrive, out of curiosity...

ybwUhqv.png

Bartre is a hector lord!

YsCmJ2S.png

With...basically unchanged stats!

So Marky, care to shed some light on that insanity? Anyways, that's all the changes I noticed, so...that's the end of Super Hard Lyn Mode!

FINAL STATS(if anyone cares):

pCR2pZd.pnge3Vldp2.pngFa3A6WG.pngAfIGjmh.pngIlPNJfP.pngzKQEHOQ.pngAGb0efh.pngHriZnkr.pngzLKi1sa.pngWJxN4ky.pngkau9dZo.png0b59uDt.png

People that nobody cares about. Yeah, I left our Normal!Rath and some other person, but NOBODY CARES.

dQK8S9K.png

This is Lyn, after feeding her ONE ZILLION statboosters. She basically carried the team. She might have been even better if I hadn't promoted her early, but things still worked fine anyways.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

This hack is bad. There's no denying it. However, I will give it points for usually being bad in AN ENTERTAINING WAY. Most of the changes just felt like weirdness for weirdness' sake, although I'm really appreciating Markyjoe's "EXCLUSIVE CREATOR COMMENTARY", since it's revealing that there was, at some point, some tiny shred of method to a portion of this madness. I'm sure you all just can't WAIT to see what he does when he makes his own not-reskin, and has to make his own maps!

NEXT TIME: Tactician's Hell!

We will never speak of this again.

Proceeds to mention it at least seven or eight times

Never again, riiiiiiiiiiight...

This hack is bad. There's no denying it. However, I will give it points for usually being bad in AN ENTERTAINING WAY. Most of the changes just felt like weirdness for weirdness' sake, although I'm really appreciating Markyjoe's "EXCLUSIVE CREATOR COMMENTARY", since it's revealing that there was, at some point, some tiny shred of method to a portion of this madness. I'm sure you all just can't WAIT to see what he does when he makes his own not-reskin, and has to make his own maps!

I think every hacker started out modding Lyn mode or something like that... Maybe it was only bad because Marky was learning how to do this stuff back then? (it seems overwhelmingly hard to me which is why I haven't gotten into it)

Watch as I eat my own words as we go along here......

The end of Super Hard Lyn mode. And I think we know how bad this hack was. But it can only get better from here?

Also, a question for Marky. Out of all of your hacks, which one do you like the most and which one do you dislike the most?

Back from work. Time to reply to things.

Super Hard Lyn Mode: Episode 7: Chapter 9: Part 2: The Epic Final Fight

I haven't watched your other LPs, but is this kind of your "thing" that you do?

kK5zc9z.png

This is where I realize that the cavaliers are phantoms. These are by far the most threatening phantoms yet!

Since this is the final chapter of a 9-chapter hack, everything must be level 20.

fviRYTC.pngLpYR5lL.png

Do these even matter any more?

I've never made Wolt good in any of my hacks, even in the hacks where I actually tried to.

V4GMMWn.pngpgEu3oI.png

Ah hah...hah...man, Nils is kinda a burden when the enemies are this tough...

I don't think you've mentioned this yet, but the Flame Spear is unique among the magic weapons in that it lacks any penalties. If I actually had it functioning the way I wanted, that pegasus rider woulda been dealing way less damage.

vpfQag4.png

I bet NONE of you were expecting this! Look at it! Look at his beautiful flowing bishie hair!

It is quite lovely. =X

jrT9qAW.png

I really don't think Marky intended for this promotion to happen, for a number of reasons.

TeqfZZv.png

So, his stats still totally suck, but apparently his caps were buffed!

So, I didn't take a screenshot, but here's the thing. Lucius's lightning has 3 uses left. Guess how many opportunities there are to get more light tomes. NONE. NONE AT ALL. Seriously, it's a testament to my MASTERFUL XP MANAGEMENT that he got promoted on one 35-use tome.

It's not that I didn't intend for it to happen. It's that I didn't think that was actually something that would happen. >_<

vDIRi7S.png

The inventory fullness is making me do TERRIBLE THINGS.

I can't think of a single playthrough of this game that didn't have a situation like this happening in Chapter 9. I just flood the player with stat ups without any regards to the consequences.

LFBYtA1.png

Look at this everyone. POWER OF THE SPEEDWINGS.

unEGTq1.png

POWER OF THE SPEED WINNNNGGGGSSSSS!!!!

Given how strong the enemies are in this chapter, I think those speedwings are actually saving him from getting utterly wrecked.

Actually, I feel I should bring something up here. I made this hack with the assumption that you would play it on hard mode. The original download included a save I believe, but when I released it as part of the Fire Mumblem "Fun" Pack, I forgot to include it I guess.

With that in mind, normally you'd be able to use those speedwings on anyone you want. But seeing the Wallace boast about how invincible he is for having 2 speed is not only something I've never seen before, but utterly hilarious.

HsWKqzW.png

In retrospect it would have been better to pour xp into Erk. I'll explain why in a bit, assuming I remembered to take that screenshot...

Oh ho... did I make his promotion a female sage? I don't know why, but I somehow think I did that.

lIfslDN.png

Look at that hair everybody. Isn't it...graceful?

The pillow shading and missing pixels... are just... so beautiful. ;-;

UXv1wQr.pngh459n2v.png

I guess it's kinda entertaining, but Marky doesn't write half as good a Sain as that Cedar person.

This was a 17/18-year old sheltered Markyjoe abusing his new text editing powers. This is the same man who made THIS.

vgyaEet.pngpVG1IXM.png

Didn't Marky criticize Project Z for these kind of jokes?

Remember earlier in the thread when I said this hack and some of my others helped me figure out what I didn't like in FE hacks?

Yeah...

Though, I don't think fourth wall breaking is always bad. I've played enough Disgaea to see how it can be done well. It's just. Hacks like Project Z don't do it too well. Plus the reliance on meme-y kinda jokes, y'know?

Through my mistakes, I learned how to do fourth wall jokes well; Chronicles of Lussaria has a lot of good ones. Especially in the intermission chapter.

IbZhNiO.png

And so commences THE BATTLE OF THE HAIR.

Maaaan, you are not gonna let me live this down, are you?

... Not that I mind that much. I don't really mind being made fun of.

1cW2fjj.png

I guess I COULD wreck her with the Thunder tome, but that would be BORING.

Holy jesus! I coulda sworn Evil Lyn was way stronger than that.

fzldGFY.png

What, an elemental aspect? Five aspects: Air, Fire, Water, Earth, and HAIR

Jeez. This writing. "I... am an important aspect." It sounds so snotty and pretentious. FORESHADOWING THE CORRUPTION OF ROY???

UmvlFbd.png9DdbHwd.png

More text bubble problems! And yeah, this won't be the last time we see her, although we'll never get adequate answers on the reasons for her existence. Ever.

I kind of play that for laughs in the later hacks. The shock factor of her being a clone of Lyn (not to mention very polite and nice) is supposed to be funny. Whether it succeeds or not is up to the viewer. Except you'd have to be 6 years old to find that funny.

So, Marky said that this is where the hack ends, and that everything after that is unfinished. So obviously, what we're going to do is KEEP PLAYING ANYWAY

Okay. So. Believe it or not, I did plan for there to be a final, tenth chapter that was nothing like the one you're about to show.

You see, thinking back to it, I think the reason why I made this hack was to practice and hone my skills in FE hacking. As I got better, I would get more ambitious with my changes. It started with things like making Lyn a mage, then I added new characters, then custom dialogue, etc. As you play this hack, you see a slow progression in my abilities.

Now, the reason why I bring this up is because chapter ten was originally going to be my very first custom map. I don't remember the details, but it was going to be a castle chapter where you face off against The Fooker. Of course, my mind doesn't remember any plans on modifying the text, but... in my own mind, I knew what the plot of Super Hard Lyn Mode was going to be. Well. Vague details at best. Something about Evil Lyn working for The Fooker and... stuff. ._.

The reason why those plans never panned out is because this was still a very early time in Fire Emblem hacking. If I remember right, Nintenlord hadn't made his Event Assembler yet, and you had to make map tile changes in hex. That latter problem got HUGELY in the way of me making the chapter, since I wanted chests and doors.

And thus, here we are today.

Alright. Preparing my next reply.

Markyjoe replies, Bonus Episode!

Let's skip the intro and get straight to..

Super Hard Lyn Mode: Bonus Episode: This makes NO SENSE

73Lpy1C.png

We start the next chapter and...wait a minute.

a0CQCVY.png

So, uh...okay then.

Wait a minute. Wait a minute!

The opening event is gone, but the prep screen isn't? How did I do that!?

The Event Assembler did not exist when I made this.

I just...

Wow.

I'm impressed. I sucked so bad at hacking that I managed to impress myself.

Dkkm4e5.pngar3FkQv.png

So, this is the normal Chapter 10 map...but with all the generic enemies replaced with generic allies.

9jEfaAL.png

Except for the one Enemy.

You know, I just have to ask: What WAS this chapter actually planned to be?

Okay. So the idea behind this chapter... I think it was one of two things.

1) I wanted the player to feel like they were getting the upperhand, and everyone is allying together to fight towards one goal. Defeating the boss.

2) I wanted to show how powerful the final boss was by having him wipe out this entire army of NPCs.

Anyways, the Enemy is...

vbUtkCK.pngf6D3gat.png

EVIL ELIWOOD! Or...just Eliwood, I don't really know. Makes me wonder if Marky intended for there to be an evil Lyn/Eliwood/Hector trio, but whatever this was planned to be, it didn't happen.

AVy5cMS.png

Oh, and he has no dark rank, so he can't even fight back against the green army out to get him.

... Wait. Fuck.

Okay, so this guy is supposed to be The Fooker. He used to be able to use his weapons, and he used to have way higher stats. I have no idea what happened here, but I'm glad it did because he was ridiculously hard. If your stats weren't high enough, you couldn't win.

qQIqaBF.png0UJ3s4y.png

It's CITIZEN! Remember? From Chapter 1? ...No? Okay then.

I really liked Sophia, so I made it a point to make her usable in the game. Her growths are very high in this hack.

ybwUhqv.png

Bartre is a hector lord!

So Marky, care to shed some light on that insanity? Anyways, that's all the changes I noticed, so...that's the end of Super Hard Lyn Mode!

Alright. So.

This hack at some point was going to go further. I used to have a version that went up to... chapter 13 I believe. I very specifically remember the boss being a nomadic trooper with a bolting spell, complete with a "sword raise" animation to cast it.

The changed characters you see here are more or less a blur to me. I don't remember why I made them like that, but chances are, it was because I wanted to make it different from the original.

This hack is very much "of its time", being similar to hacks such as FE6: The Real War Chronicles by JadeWyvernRider, so the thought process you see in this hack can be seen in other hacks of its era (I recall quite a few hacks making Lyn or Eirika a mage). In fact, here's a fun fact for you, Super Hard Lyn Mode actually influenced some of the designs of FE6: The Real War Chronicles. For example, that super powered villager in chapter 1 made an encore appearance in one of the versions of Real War Chronicles. It might still be there even.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I think overall, this hack was me feeling out what I could do with the game's engine using the tools I had at the time, which mostly consisted of Nightmare, GBA Graphics Editor, and the OLD method of text editing, before FEditor Adv. It was never going to be anything fantastic. I mean, even when someone went all out on a reskin hack, such as MageKnight404, it didn't stand the test of time, and by todays standards - as unrealistically high as they are - the hack isn't looked upon favorably. Reskin hacks just don't have much potential.

Tune in next post, where I reply to the last few posts and contemplate what I'd do if I made a modern day Super Hard Lyn Mode!

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I very specifically remember the boss being a nomadic trooper with a bolting spell, complete with a "sword raise" animation to cast it.

It's like you could see the future and knew someone would end up making Bolting swords. Cough cough.