Bloodborne

Tryhard

You are a new member of the Souls community are you not ? Quick, somebody backstab him

In Souls games, you kill things either because the story ask to, which is rare, or because they try to kill you first.

In Souls games, again, the story and lore, is pretty vague at best, it's not surprising to have people not having the same version of the story, it's kind of what make them so great.

Now the answer to your questions, in spoiler of course.

Hell if I knew for the spider, didn't see that far.

Yharnam, pth-thing queen ? Hell if I knew again. It is to be noted that she is called Yharnam. Like the town, but beyond that ? Nothing.

I read a theory on Tvtropes, that said that the kid is actually Mergo, and that the nurse is just protecting him from you. And it's possible. Yup.

The Moon Presence is implied to be the mastermind behind pretty much everything, from Gherman's disability from the plague itself. But it also raises a few of questions too.

I said it again, nothing is sure, even with all the explanations. It's like that in Souls games,

And you know what ? I don't even have the game, heck, I don't even have a PS4. xD

Heck, I only saw some let's play of it while craving for every bit of info on Reddit, gamefaqs, tvtropes, and Youtube. :p

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That too. Just look at the lore yourself or read up on stuff and come to your own conclusion. These games won't flat out tell you everything and even then nothing is really set in stone as the information gathered can create more questions than answers. Then the speculation comes into play.

I read them all, wiki and tvtropes and my conclusion is that there is no way I can understand this story at all. Too many things left unanswered, too many vague theories, too many way to die...

Don't exagerate, you can, at least understand the core of the story of the game. That's a thing.

Good luck with the babies. btw. :p

Edited by B.Leu

One of the interesting things I've heard is that the case is that there may be two Iosefkas.

If you look at the imdb page, you can see there is two voice actors:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3814634/fullcredits/

Lucy Briggs: Impostor Doctor

Jenny Funnell: Doctor Iosefka

If you talk to Iosefka as soon as possible, she seems relatively friendly and will give you her blood up you kill Gascoigne. If you drink enough of them before then, she tells you that she has grown attached to you and looks forward to meeting you when the night is over. However, when you go back after she seems different, asks you if you're a hunter as if you've never met before, and tells you to send people to the clinic, and now has a weapon brandished that you can see through the door. (I believe it's the cane)

Also, later when you get to the clinic there is a victim that drops Iosefka's blood vial.

Either a rapid behavioural switch or a choir member (assuming the spells that they eventually use, etc) murders Iosefka and impersonates themselves as her, experimenting on people sent to her and herself eventually.

Another thing to support this would probably be the fact that if you use that little skip near the executioner enemy and go into the clinic, there are two Iosefka models. One armed, the other unarmed. At this point in the game they don't talk to you, even the one with the weapon won't interact normally by telling you to screw off when you approach her door upstairs. Although this could also be From just storing the 2nd Iosefka model somewhere. But another possibility is the skip being intentional, I don't see that Coldblood (1) being all that useful by the time you're around the Forbidden woods. Could be either.

So I finished up the Chalice Dungeon that you can access with Blood-Starved Beast's chalice.

Not sure how the other gravestones work. Are they just more difficult dungeons with better rewards if I get lucky with the RNG roll when creating the dungeon?

So I finished up the Chalice Dungeon that you can access with Blood-Starved Beast's chalice.

Not sure how the other gravestones work. Are they just more difficult dungeons with better rewards if I get lucky with the RNG roll when creating the dungeon?

The other gravestones are "blank" ones that you can place a chalice on in order to keep the dungeon there. In order to unlock the other dungeons, you need materials which can be obtained in some areas within the main game or in the chalice dungeons themselves. Then, you activate the gravestone and perform a ritual. Sometimes, you can place extra ingredients into the ritual. If you do that, the dungeon will become more difficult, but your rewards will be better. Usually when you defeat a certain boss in a chalice dungeon, you will obtain another chalice to play with. As far as rewards go, you are right. They are random, so you might get really good stuff or you might not. I got an Uncanny Saw Cleaver in the Central Pthumerian dungeon. I would consider that pretty lucky. Most of the really sought-after rewards like level 5 and 6 bloodgems are found in the Ihyll Pthumerian chalices and in ones such as Loran, Hintertomb and Isz.

I screwed my game up by turning the final phase of the moon into the one before. Note to self: Never fight the Vicar if you've killed Rom already, the game becomes unwinnable.

I plan on making characters to try out weapons, my favorite so far is the Reiterpallasch. So good, so fun, so pokey.

dude

dude

I love that thing.

I am currently piercing the chalice dungeons a new butthole with it. Gonna try and beat Hintertomb and the Defiled dungeons. Wish me luck!

defiled can kiss my ass

I'd like to try a super cool and edgy katana and evelyn bloodtinge build at some point, but don't really know how I'm going to do up to cainhurst castle to get those

Edited by Tryhard

I don't know why I thought the Stakedriver was underwhelming. This thing wrecks.

I invaded a chump in the Nightmare Frontier the other day and chugged a lead elixir. Then I charged my R2 while his weapon bounced off me and blasted his ass out of the dream world.

It felt pretty good.

That's pure evil dude what the fuck

I know. lol

esme is really evil

truly

Is he a cat.

nah

btw I invested a bunch of stats into STR and I'm now using the Beast Claws

they're basically a STR-based Blade of Mercy except no crazy scaling. Still really good though, and the bonus to the beast meter kinda balances out the fact they don't become SONIC FAST like the Blades. I beat the Isz chalice yesterday, too. It was really easy and every enemy there gives you a ton of souls, especially with the moon runes equipped.

also, I accidentally deleted my Defiled chalice so now I have to defeat the stupid fire dog again

I think I'm gonna make a Skill/Arcane character, based around hunter tools/Blade of Mercy and the Burial Blade.

Would the stake driver be quality? Or more towards Strength?

"The fire dog can't be that bad in the defiled dungeon."

*almost gets one shot then cornered then dead*
*one shotted second time*

Okay. i see now why that is.

Stakedriver gets C str/skl scaling so quality.

"The fire dog can't be that bad in the defiled dungeon."

*almost gets one shot then cornered then dead*

*one shotted second time*

Okay. i see now why that is.

Stakedriver gets C str/skl scaling so quality.

Well to be fair the watchdog (pthumeru 1) can two/oneshot you with base vit (totally didn't experience this as soon as I beat BSB ; ;) so expecting it to do the same on higher dephs/defiled isn't that surprising. Do keep in mind that I haven't gone any further then Lower pthumeru though, because chalice dungeons are just so mind numbing for me.

Guess I'm making a quality character later.

Just stick to weapons you are more comfortable using and experiment with others as you go. They are all quite good for PvE.

Cleric Beast sin't a required boss but you unlock a weapon for the shop if you defeat it. You would have to find a graveyard and defeat the boss there to continue with the game.