Yet Another Attempt At StreetPass

If Vaike efficiently gets utilized as a father for someone else, I think Donnel is the better choice. Farmer boy has impeccable luck but not much else in terms of mods and classes, so using him for Brady, who has almost everything he needs by default might be a good call. The decisions depends on how useful Vaike is for the others.

The jury's still out on this one, mostly seeing as our current DLC male-centric approach to crafting a team leaves Vaike in comparatively low demand, especially when compared to fathers like Henry or Gaius that offer more beneficial skills (and in some cases, mods). Again, it all comes down to whether we really want to hit 62% Miracle, or whether 58% is sufficient. I'm more inclined to go with Donnel in this instance. Another person might prefer an additional 2% Luna though.

There are some very subtle differences, but most of the time, it's a coin flip anyway, so it's probably personal preference which one is being used.

I'm not certain which one is better, since it's all based on unknown and random factors. I find it impossible to predict which is better.

I tend towards Yarne because of Aggressor, but mainly for a greater risk/reward ratio. For example: Even if Cynthia does manage to damage somebody with Luna, that doesn't mean the unit is disabled. Yarne has a better shot at it.

What I'm taking away from this is that Vengeance with Aggressor is perceived to be more favorable than Luna without Aggressor.

If such is the case, then why not have Yarne and Laurent both run Miracle/Counter/Vengeance/Aggressor, or is there something I'm missing here?

Alternatively, Counter!Cynthia could run Miracle/Counter/Vengeance/-faire as a Falcon Knight or Dark Flier with Henry as her father.

If I want to make two sorcerer tanks, it'll probably be Nowi, otherwise probably Sumia for speed and no penalty in luck.

I don't blame anyone for picking the character they personally prefer here, since the differences are minor.

I think your analysis makes sense.

Also, with regards to your Sorcerer tanks, the only reason they're running Vantage is that the Book of Naga def/res bonus enables them to hit approximately 60 def/res, correct?

Well, a +Luk/-Str Ma!MU causes Morgan and Nah to hit only 47 skill as Sorcerers. +Luk/-Mag only gets them up to 48. In order to guarantee Vengeance, a Skill asset would be needed.

Even with a Strength flaw, Nah or Morgan will still hit 51 Skill in such an instance. Just thought that was worth mentioning.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for not answering yesterday. The website was down for quite a while, and I'm living in CET. :(

The jury's still out on this one, mostly seeing as our current DLC male-centric approach to crafting a team leaves Vaike in comparatively low demand, especially when compared to fathers like Henry or Gaius that offer more beneficial skills (and in some cases, mods). Again, it all comes down to whether we really want to hit 62% Miracle, or whether 58% is sufficient. I'm more inclined to go with Donnel in this instance. Another person might prefer an additional 2% Luna though.

I tend to agree with you, 4% Miracle feels like more of a game changer than 2% Luna. Though I don't blame anyone for using specific fathers because of preferred hair color! :D

What I'm taking away from this is that Vengeance with Aggressor is perceived to be more favorable than Luna without Aggressor.

If such is the case, then why not have Yarne and Laurent both run Miracle/Counter/Vengeance/Aggressor, or is there something I'm missing here?

Alternatively, Counter!Cynthia could run Miracle/Counter/Vengeance/-faire as a Falcon Knight or Dark Flier with Henry as her father.

I'm trying to balance the team out, that's all.

Kellam!Laurent: M/C/Luna/Aggressor

This unit deals more damage when he gets to jump on the opponent in player phase. (This will be 'enemy phase' in the eyes of our opponent).

Libra!Yarne: M/C/Vengeance/Aggressor

This unit deals more damage when engaged upon and surviving until it can retaliate. His Vengeance does virtually nothing if he gets to jump on the player, but in that case, Aggressor should ensure that the player takes a least single digit numbers of damage, which might be enough for a different unit from our team to engage the same player unit and kill it with miracle/counter/attacks.

Of course, this guy doesn't benefit from Aggressor on enemy phase (like every other unit with the skill) but if he miraculously survives with low HP, then he'll immediately become a big threat. Especially in the 'player phase' of our team afterwards.

Laurent is more reliable and stable, Yarne is more volatile, chaotic and has greater potential, but at the cost of lowering his chances of doing anything at all (Luna at full HP > Vengeance at full HP).

As you can see, the thought behind it isn't too elaborate, I'm just making up random scenarios.

Also, with regards to your Sorcerer tanks, the only reason they're running Vantage is that the Book of Naga def/res bonus enables them to hit approximately 60 def/res, correct?

Well, a +Luk/-Str Ma!MU causes Morgan and Nah to hit only 47 skill as Sorcerers. +Luk/-Mag only gets them up to 48. In order to guarantee Vengeance, a Skill asset would be needed.

Even with a Strength flaw, Nah or Morgan will still hit 51 Skill in such an instance. Just thought that was worth mentioning.

Yes. I expect their survivability to be around 5% with the Book of Naga, so they might be able to do something with it (Vantage).

In this case, I agree with using a skill asset. It would also help out hit rating a bit. If one does not care about losing 6% Vengeance, then they can go with a luck asset.

It's a matter of how you want to stack your rng. Not perfect Vengeance will result in a few more percent Miracle. I'm unsure which one is better since there are arguments for both.

Yes. I expect their survivability to be around 5% with the Book of Naga, so they might be able to do something with it (Vantage).

I'm guessing that this is only a rough approximation rather than a solid statistic?

Even so, does a mere 5% chance for survivability through the first Player Phase truly warrant the use of Vantage?

I'm guessing that this is only a rough approximation rather than a solid statistic?

Even so, does a mere 5% chance for survivability through the first Player Phase truly warrant the use of Vantage?

It is what I approximately expect to happen against a moderately skilled adversary. Even if the probability is low, the ability to become a real threat to anything but snipers is worth a lot in my opinion.

It is what I approximately expect to happen against a moderately skilled adversary. Even if the probability is low, the ability to become a real threat to anything but snipers is worth a lot in my opinion.

I understand what you're saying, but the fact that the probability is so low makes this strat somewhat less appealing for me.

Even a 12% or 13% Lethality proc would occur with a greater degree of frequency and more direct in execution.

I'm still pondering the implications of this tactic, and as such am not completely opposed to it.

For the record, I'm still weighing the pros and cons of a +Luck or a +Skill MaMU...

I understand what you're saying, but the fact that the probability is so low makes this strat somewhat less appealing for me.

Even a 12% or 13% Lethality proc would occur with a greater degree of frequency and more direct in execution.

I'm still pondering the implications of this tactic, and as such am not completely opposed to it.

For the record, I'm still weighing the pros and cons of a +Luck or a +Skill MaMU...

If all you want is to kill, stacking enough hit to have close to 100% and a Lethality skill are more reliable than anything else I can think of right now.

I'm going to pull out random numbers from nowhere in particular:

If we do not or scarcely use Lethality(only with RFK) and work with the 5% win condition of a tank Sorcerer, then that will be more effective than a 12-13% certain kill team which gets dismissed 4 out of 5 times right away because the player decides for personal reasons not to fight against the Lethality centric team.

This is the explanation of me wanting to make the team more fun to play against, because that'll produce more sorties and consequently more victories (on a numerical, not percentage basis).

The fight against humans already starts the moment they encounter your avatar on their world map and check out his skills. It also can be lost right then and there, in that the team never gets to fight for a multitude of subjective reasons. Sorry for repeating myself.

If all you want is to kill, stacking enough hit to have close to 100% and a Lethality skill are more reliable than anything else I can think of right now.

Yes, and that's something we did in the first half of the topic, with an emphasis on forgoing DLC, no less.

I'm going to pull out random numbers from nowhere in particular:

If we do not or scarcely use Lethality(only with RFK) and work with the 5% win condition of a tank Sorcerer, then that will be more effective than a 12-13% certain kill team which gets dismissed 4 out of 5 times right away because the player decides for personal reasons not to fight against the Lethality centric team.

This is the explanation of me wanting to make the team more fun to play against, because that'll produce more sorties and consequently more victories (on a numerical, not percentage basis).

Understandable. And while 5% is still a little too low for my liking, it is something after all.

I'll keep contemplating in an attempt to come up with something more efficient stat/mod/skill wise, although the more I think about it, the more I approve of this tactic...

The fight against humans already starts the moment they encounter your avatar on their world map and check out his skills. It also can be lost right then and there, in that the team never gets to fight for a multitude of subjective reasons. Sorry for repeating myself.

Some things are worth repeating, particularly if it seems that one is straying from the original premise of the topic. Thank you for that.

Understandable. And while 5% is still a little too low for my liking, it is something after all.

I'll keep contemplating in an attempt to come up with something more efficient stat/mod/skill wise, although the more I think about it, the more I approve of this tactic...

Keep in mind that I have no scientific proof to back this number up. Also don't assume I put my whole being into coming up with this idea of a tanky sorcerer. Like you, I'm considering many things which all could or could not work. I have an uncertain feeling that there is some unfinished business which we didn't account for just yet, can't pinpoint it right now, maybe I'm just tired. :D

Hmm... Well seeing as this team seems to be utilizing two female units (aside from Lucina), why not make one of those units Henry/Gaius!Cynthia instead of a MaMU!Nah?

This in turn would open up possibilities for a third-gen Morgan.

For example, a Lon'qu!Nah!Morgan would have the tankiness from Nah's mods, with Lon'qu's speed mitigating the otherwise negative mods to that stat.

Just messing around with Nah's available fathers (Gaius, Lon'qu, Vaike, etc), I've provided a list below. She interestingly enough has all positive mods with Lon'qu as a father.

Lon'qu!Nah:

+2 Str/ +2 Mag/ +3 Skll/ +2 Spd/ +2 Luk/ +2 Def/ +1 Res | No negative mods. That's somewhat surprising and quite welcome. Seems to be rather versatile too.

Vaike!Nah:

+5 Str/ +0 Mag/ +1 Skll/ +1 Spd/ +1 Luk/ +4 Def/ +1 Res | Stronger physically, weaker magically. Can potentially result in a Morgan with two male-exclusive skills.

Gaius!Nah:

+3 Str/ +1 Mag/ +2 Skll/ +1 Spd/ +0 Luk/ +3 Def/ +3 Res | Slightly better strength and defenses compared to Lon'qu!Nah. Less luck, skill, and speed though. Again, has the potential to produce a Morgan with two male-exclusive skills.

Frederick!Nah:

+4 Str/ +0 Mag/ +2 Skll/ -3 Spd/ +2 Luk/ +6 Def/ +3 Res | Good strength, and incredible defenses, rivaling Kellam!Nah's. Speed issues abound, however.

Gregor!Nah:

+4 Str/ +1 Mag/ +2 Skll/ -1 Spd/ +1 Luk/ +5 Def/ +1 Res | Good strength, and decent defenses, with a less of a speed penalty than Frederick!Nah. Can also produce a Morgan with two male-exclusive skills if so desired.

Honestly though, I'm unsure of whether the additional utility of having a Morgan with two male-exclusive skills is worth much. Besides Counter, what else would she benefit from? Nothing is really coming to mind aside from HP+5, which would basically make her skillset a clone of MaMU's but with better stats.
From the aforementioned fathers:
Lon'qu is notable for his balanced mods and high skill and speed.
Gaius is almost comparable to Lon'qu in those departments and apparently provides a little more defensively.
Frederick produces a notable tank, and may be among the best of the group, if the lack of speed isn't much of an issue.
And that's everything of note, I should think.
Does a semi-tanky Morgan (possibly running HP+5 with Counter) seem to be a decent prospect?
Or would such a Morgan just become more likely to be targeted by the player because of this?

[...]

From the aforementioned fathers:

Lon'qu is notable for his balanced mods and high skill and speed.
Gaius is almost comparable to Lon'qu in those departments and apparently provides a little more defensively.
Frederick produces a notable tank, and may be among the best of the group, if the lack of speed isn't much of an issue.
And that's everything of note, I should think.
Does a semi-tanky Morgan (possibly running HP+5 with Counter) seem to be a decent prospect?
Or would such a Morgan just become more likely to be targeted by the player because of this?

Any set which is acceptable for MU should work on Morgan as well. Let's say we choose Lon'qu!Nah, she gets the following classes: Manakete, Wyvern Rider, Mage, Myrmidon, Thief.

What do you want her to do? She can't tank as a Sorcerer like this, so vantage has diminished value.

Positive mods are great, but they won't do much if we can't put them to good use, me thinks. I'd rather have a highly specialized unit than a jack of all trades.

Any set which is acceptable for MU should work on Morgan as well. Let's say we choose Lon'qu!Nah, she gets the following classes: Manakete, Wyvern Rider, Mage, Myrmidon, Thief.

What do you want her to do? She can't tank as a Sorcerer like this, so vantage has diminished value.

Positive mods are great, but they won't do much if we can't put them to good use, me thinks. I'd rather have a highly specialized unit than a jack of all trades.

I meant that if another female unit is used instead of MaMU!Nah, (which is where I offered up Counter!Cynthia as a viable alternative) then Morgan can be customized as a third-gen unit with superior mods and the potential to acquire a second male-exclusive skill.

Although... this would go back to whether two Vantage/Vengeance units is better than one more Miracle/Counter bomber and one Vantage/Vengeance unit with superior mods (and possibly HP+5)...

I meant that if another female unit is used instead of MaMU!Nah, (which is where I offered up Counter!Cynthia as a viable alternative) then Morgan can be customized as a third-gen unit with superior mods and the potential to acquire a second male-exclusive skill.

Although... this would go back to whether two Vantage/Vengeance units is better than one more Miracle/Counter bomber and one Vantage/Vengeance unit with superior mods (and possibly HP+5)...

My apologies. Clearly my brain is shutting down, it's 4:11 a.m. here in germany, so please forgive me. I'll rest a bit and come back afterwards! :D

Personally, I'd tend towards VV because we already have so many bombs. It'll be more diverse.

My apologies. Clearly my brain is shutting down, it's 4:11 a.m. here in germany, so please forgive me. I'll rest a bit and come back afterwards! :D

Personally, I'd tend towards VV because we already have so many bombs. It'll be more diverse.

The diversity does have appeal, that is true; and running two of them increases the chances of something occurring..

Besides, a third-gen Morgan has only slightly superior stats, and a unique skillset might just make her more likely to be targeted.

Also, after mentally reviewing the strat, HP+5/Counter seems to be uniquely suited for MaMU as they are reasonably predicted to spawn the farthest away from the player, and as such, are most likely to engage the foe on the AI phase, rather than the other way around.

Now... would there be any value in attempting to manipulate the RNG such that the units have sub-par def/res for Counter-bombing?

The diversity does have appeal, that is true; and running two of them increases the chances of something occurring..

Besides, a third-gen Morgan has only slightly superior stats, and a unique skillset might just make her more likely to be targeted.

I don't think that's the case. Thanks to the abscence of auras, the team is optimized so every unit can have an impact all by itself. Even if MU and Morgan get focused, the player still can not afford to ignore the other 8, since they're martyrs literally born to kill, who intend to get themselves hurt in order to damage the enemy.

It's really unsettling if you think about it, but we can treat these characters as the products of a parallel universe where Robin and Co. somehow failed to meet the criteria of defeating Grima but are still alive for some reason.

Also, after mentally reviewing the strat, HP+5/Counter seems to be uniquely suited for MaMU as they are reasonably predicted to spawn the farthest away from the player, and as such, are most likely to engage the foe on the AI phase, rather than the other way around.

He is not more likely to engage the foe on AI phase.

He is more likely to die last.

Now... would there be any value in attempting to manipulate the RNG such that the units have sub-par def/res for Counter-bombing?

Outside of a freak accident or misplay on the players part, I believe lowering for example, defense and resistance below the cap will turn more profit for the player than it does for us.

I can see how it can benefit us, but I don't agree that it's the right call to make. After all, there are some instances where a little more defense (cases where the unit which had rigged def/res growths to be really low) would help the unit survive instead and trigger a lethal counter. It goes both ways.

Edit: Jeez this board is a wreck, I'll come back in a day and hope it's stable then.

Edited by Knusperkeks

I don't think that's the case. Thanks to the abscence of auras, the team is optimized so every unit can have an impact all by itself. Even if MU and Morgan get focused, the player still can not afford to ignore the other 8, since they're martyrs literally born to kill, who intend to get themselves hurt in order to damage the enemy.

It's really unsettling if you think about it, but we can treat these characters as the products of a parallel universe where Robin and Co. somehow failed to meet the criteria of defeating Grima but are still alive for some reason.

Good point, I suppose. And interesting take on the philosophical aspect of it...

He is not more likely to engage the foe on AI phase.

He is more likely to die last.

Point... Hypothetically a player unit can have 8 base movement, +2 from boots, +2 from Deliverer, +2 from Rally Movement+Heart, and +1 from select Pair Ups...

Resulting in a grand total of 15 movement... Huh...

Is there anything we can do to take advantage of this latter point though, with regards to being more likely to die last?

Outside of a freak accident or misplay on the players part, I believe lowering for example, defense and resistance below the cap will turn more profit for the player than it does for us.

I can see how it can benefit us, but I don't agree that it's the right call to make. After all, there are some instances where a little more defense (cases where the unit which had rigged def/res growths to be really low) would help the unit survive instead and trigger a lethal counter. It goes both ways.

Again, point. It would likely be too cumbersome to realistically attempt for all 10 units anyway...

So at present, the DLC-enabled team seems to be composed of the following:

MaMu: +???/-Str @ Wyvern Lord

Miracle, Counter, HP+5, Luna, Limit Breaker

Olivia!Lucina @ Dark Flier

Rightful King, Lethality, Aether, Luna, Limit Breaker

Chrom!Inigo @ Dread Fighter

Rightful King, Lethality, Luna, Counter, Limit Breaker

Ricken!Owain @ Paladin

Miracle, Counter, Luna, Aggressor, Limit Breaker

Stahl!Gerome @ Paladin

Donnel!Brady @ Paladin

Kellam!Laurent @ Assassin

Libra!Yarne @ Assassin

Miracle, Counter, Vengeance, Aggressor, Limit Breaker

Nowi!Morgan @ Sorcerer

Miracle, Counter, Vantage, Vengeance, Limit Breaker

MaMU!Nah @ Sorcerer

Miracle, Counter, Vantage, Vengeance, Limit Breaker

Questions/Comments:

• Still torn between a +Luck asset on MaMU to buff Miracle, or +Skill to ensure Morgan and Nah have 100% Vengeance. Also, should MaMU run a Finn's Lance with its +2 Luck?
  • For his fourth skill, should Inigo run Counter as a Miracle-less 'Counter-Bomber', Aggressor for damage, or Vantage for one last possible chance to proc Lethality? Also, if he keeps Counter, should he be classed as a Paladin, or stay as a Dread Fighter for Celica's Gale Lethality procs?
  • Aside from MaMU, should Laurent or Yarne get the second pair of boots? Or should one pair be given to them apiece?
  • For Nah and Morgan, I understand Book of Naga is to be equipped. However, would there be any value in running Celica's Gale as backup weapons?

Still torn between a +Luck asset on MaMU to buff Miracle, or +Skill to ensure Morgan and Nah have 100% Vengeance.

+Skill provides additional hit rate, three times as much as luck does. I'd pick skill. I believe that killing off worst case scenarios is more valuable than improving the rng a little bit.

Also, should MaMU run a Finn's Lance with its +2 Luck?

It helps with Miracle a little and is a net plus. Under the assumption that everyone who gets engaged upon dies, even with Miracle. Miracle is what enables Counter, which is one of the few 'reliable' ways to deal damage. It's benefits are bigger than it's flaws. I'd do it.

For his fourth skill, should Inigo run Counter as a Miracle-less 'Counter-Bomber', Aggressor for damage, or Vantage for one last possible chance to proc Lethality? Also, if he keeps Counter, should he be classed as a Paladin, or stay as a Dread Fighter for Celica's Gale Lethality procs?

This is very much talk to make very little progress, so forgive me for that. I hope it helps somehow.

This situation is a bit complex, I'll make it easier for me to understand.

Rightful King, Lethality, Luna, Limit Breaker

Choose one: Counter/Aggressor/Vantage

Chrom!Inigo @ Paladin

The main differences are Dread Fighter or Paladin and the choice between Counter, Aggressor and Vantage. It's necessary to go into detail on this because two of the skills are polar opposites in their nature.

Aggressor only works when our units make their move, which is enemy phase.

Vantage only works when the player makes his move, which is player phase.

Counter universally works regardless of combat phase.

Dread Fighter has a stronger grip in weapon triangle by nature of having Swords, Axes and Tomes over the Swords and Lances of Paladin.

Dread Fighter can counter enemy Axes with his Sword, enemy Lances with his Axe and everything else Tomes are at least neutral against.

Paladin can counter enemy Axes with his Sword, enemy Swords with his Lance.

It is possible to count Celica's 1-2 range as having Dread Fighter having 7 movement. I understand that's not how it works but it's decent enough to work with for now.

Paladins have 8 movement.

If you wish for Inigo be have +1 movement, you'll choose Paladin and either Counter or Aggressor. Explanation below.

If you wish for Inigo to have better control over the weapon triangle, as well as range 1-2 access with Tomes, then Vantages becomes more useful by nature of triggering at range 1 and 2, whilst Paladin can only trigger it at range 1. Counter also only triggers at range 1. Thus, Paladin is objectively better off with Counter than a Dread Fighter is.

Whilst I didn't come to a concrete conclusion as to which build is better, I believe that Counter is more useful on a Paladin, with Vantage and Aggressor have more potential on a Dread Fighter.
Aside from MaMU, should Laurent or Yarne get the second pair of boots? Or should one pair be given to them apiece?

MaMU has the advantage of flight, which helps him traverse difficult terrain, Laurent and Yarne do not have it.

MaMU has boots and free Acrobat over them at base (Wyvern Lord vs. Assassin).

This is why I'd put the boots on Yarne and Laurent: To give them the ability to keep up with all the Paladins.

MaMU can still catch up because he has flight if the whole battle lasts more than 1 turn.

If the player has the ability to annihilate all 10 units in our team in PP1, it doesn't matter who gets boots altogether. We have to assume that our team does not get wiped out in PP1 and use this as a basis.

For Nah and Morgan, I understand Book of Naga is to be equipped. However, would there be any value in running Celica's Gale as backup weapons?

Celica's is equipped to grant defense and resistance to make it more likely for either of them to survive an engagement. They should have a Celica's Gale in their inventory to increase their chances of killing somebody exponentially one they weathered the storm.

+Skill provides additional hit rate, three times as much as luck does. I'd pick skill. I believe that killing off worst case scenarios is more valuable than improving the rng a little bit.

It helps with Miracle a little and is a net plus. Under the assumption that everyone who gets engaged upon dies, even with Miracle. Miracle is what enables Counter, which is one of the few 'reliable' ways to deal damage. It's benefits are bigger than it's flaws. I'd do it.

Simple yet effective rationales. MaMU's fate as a +Skll/-Str Wyvern Lord equipped with a Finn's Lance is all-but-confirmed.

This is very much talk to make very little progress, so forgive me for that. I hope it helps somehow.

This situation is a bit complex, I'll make it easier for me to understand.

Chrom!Inigo @ Paladin

The main differences are Dread Fighter or Paladin and the choice between Counter, Aggressor and Vantage. It's necessary to go into detail on this because two of the skills are polar opposites in their nature.

Aggressor only works when our units make their move, which is enemy phase.

Vantage only works when the player makes his move, which is player phase.

Counter universally works regardless of combat phase.

Dread Fighter has a stronger grip in weapon triangle by nature of having Swords, Axes and Tomes over the Swords and Lances of Paladin.

Dread Fighter can counter enemy Axes with his Sword, enemy Lances with his Axe and everything else Tomes are at least neutral against.

Paladin can counter enemy Axes with his Sword, enemy Swords with his Lance.

It is possible to count Celica's 1-2 range as having Dread Fighter having 7 movement. I understand that's not how it works but it's decent enough to work with for now.

Paladins have 8 movement.

If you wish for Inigo be have +1 movement, you'll choose Paladin and either Counter or Aggressor. Explanation below.

If you wish for Inigo to have better control over the weapon triangle, as well as range 1-2 access with Tomes, then Vantages becomes more useful by nature of triggering at range 1 and 2, whilst Paladin can only trigger it at range 1. Counter also only triggers at range 1. Thus, Paladin is objectively better off with Counter than a Dread Fighter is.

Whilst I didn't come to a concrete conclusion as to which build is better, I believe that Counter is more useful on a Paladin, with Vantage and Aggressor have more potential on a Dread Fighter.

Seeing this before me as static text certainly helped with my decision-making process, so thank you for that.

I'm more inclined to go with either Vantage or Aggressor with Inigo as a Dread Fighter.

Eight other members of the team (the only other exception being Lucina) are already running Miracle+Counter in their skillset. We don't lose much potential by forgoing Counter on one additional unit, especially when said unit already has a niche role as one of two RK proc-stackers.

So, this narrows the preferable choices for Inigo down to Dread Fighter as his class, and either Aggressor or Vantage for his fifth skill.

While discussing that, I'd like to bring up the following point:

Despite a Dread Fighter's superior control over the weapon triangle, wouldn't equipping a tome likely cause AI!Inigo to attack at range, unless he'd literally strike for 0 damage (or if a physical weapon significantly outdamages it)?

Aside from that, Vantage is likely more valuable on units that

a. have high def/res and/or

b. have Miracle (assuming of course that Miracle guards against the last hit of a lead unit and the supporting unit doesn't Dual Strike).

Chrom!Inigo's def/res as a Dread Fighter with LB equipped are 48/52 respectively, as opposed to Nah and Morgan's stats of 61/62 when factoring in LB and Book of Naga bonuses in addition to the Sorcerer class's inherent values.

Seeing as Inigo is lacking roughly 10 def/res and Miracle when compared to Nah and Morgan, I'm opting to side with Aggressor so that if Inigo happens to engage the AI (and fail to proc Lethality, he at least has a chance to deal decent damage with 63% Luna.

Celica's is equipped to grant defense and resistance to make it more likely for either of them to survive an engagement. They should have a Celica's Gale in their inventory to increase their chances of killing somebody exponentially one they weathered the storm.

I'm assuming you meant Book of Naga there, yes? Anyway, I'm glad we're in agreement on this point.

However is it certain that Morgan and Nah will switch to their Celica's, despite it being a lower MT tome?

Despite a Dread Fighter's superior control over the weapon triangle, wouldn't equipping a tome likely cause AI!Inigo to attack at range, unless he'd literally strike for 0 damage (or if a physical weapon significantly outdamages it)?

He'd always strike from range if the player unit has a melee weapon. If the enemy has 1-2 range, he'll end up attacking with whatever deals the highest damage*.

Seeing as Inigo is lacking roughly 10 def/res and Miracle when compared to Nah and Morgan, I'm opting to side with Aggressor so that if Inigo happens to engage the AI (and fail to proc Lethality, he at least has a chance to deal decent damage with 63% Luna.

Makes sense, I agree.

I'm assuming you meant Book of Naga there, yes? Anyway, I'm glad we're in agreement on this point.

However is it certain that Morgan and Nah will switch to their Celica's, despite it being a lower MT tome?

As you conjectured, I did mean the Book of Naga at that specific passage, my apologies.

I didn't confirm this, but it's to be expected that the AI knows what a brave effect is and how arithmetic works, so I predict that it'll work favorably. At least I know that apotheosis Anna works the same way I as described Inigo above*.

He'd always strike from range if the player unit has a melee weapon. If the enemy has 1-2 range, he'll end up attacking with whatever deals the highest damage*.

Alright, so as far as optimal weaponry for a DF!Inigo is concerned, he could run x1 forged Brave Sword, Brave Axe, Celica's Gale, and an unforged Celica's Gale and Brave Sword for potential hackforges?

Other than that, it seems as though the purpose of this thread has neared (if not achieved) completion.

Alright, so as far as optimal weaponry for a DF!Inigo is concerned, he could run x1 forged Brave Sword, Brave Axe, Celica's Gale, and an unforged Celica's Gale and Brave Sword for potential hackforges?

Other than that, it seems as though the purpose of this thread has neared (if not achieved) completion.

Well, yeah sounds like a plan! Maybe I'll try to set this up myself and check out how the characters fare in the wellspring paralogue~!