[FE8] [Complete] The Sun God's Wrath (Final release 5/22/2022 - 27 Chapters)

Blademaster!

On 4/15/2015 at 2:11 AM, Blademaster! said:

Witch/Seraph/Bellerophon

aw, such a shame seeing new sprite turned into a "regular sprite". When I saw the witch sprite, it instantly spurs my excitement, but seeing this witch's future promotion and sprite really disappointing though. The Witch's sprite is really cool, for real, I mean it! But the Seraph and Bellerophon are so mundane, what a shame. I wish you could rework on that one though. Other than that, the plot is intriguing, the difficulty is real and I love there is War Priest, which I'm really obsessed with, route for the Cleric. Again, wish the Witch's promotion can keep using broom instead of pegasus, that would be a lot cooler and would earn you a huge respect from the other players. Great Mod!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm hoping is the final update for real this time is now ready: SGW 1.63 is here. You can download the update at the same link as always: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

> V1.63:
> - lowered level the ninja line learns life taker by 5
> - Added class mastery skill to class dictionary
> - Updated various text descriptions
> - Fixed various typos
> - Secret Character L can now use the regal lance
> - Fixed bug where certain class wasn't weak to sword slayer
> - Changed weapon of enemy in final map to resolve certain animation issues
> - Bishops now have A staves
> - Boosted Baron speed cap and promotion into class by 1

• 1 month later...

Hope you are all doing well! SGW V1.64 is here. It adds in some minor updates and fixes two noticeable bugs. As always, the link to the download can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

As mentioned previously, I am hoping this is the real final release of this hack. If it wasn't for the fact that I was fixing the two noticeable bugs, I probably wouldn't have made this update. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you find any bugs.

Change log can be found below:

> V1.64:
>
> - Fixed bug where if you beat chapter 14 before turn 3, you still recruit Iris in the chapter 15 prep screen
> - Replaced all instances of Liberation from FE3 with Truth, Despair and Hope from FE8
> - Fixed description and stat boost bug with Naglfar tome
> - Fixed cutscene mapsprite issue in chapters 15 and 17
> - Fixed various typos
> - Fixed various typos in the dictionary/guide
> - Fixed class skill of enemy in final chapter
> - Fixed bug where female bosses could be slept/silenced/stoned
> - Updated some character descriptions
> - Axefaith and armsthrift now ignore nihil
> - Lila no longer starts with a restore staff in chapter 19
> - Fixed Lila and Artemis's support levels
> - A certain recruitable character learns a personal skill 1 level earlier (27 vs 28)

4 hours ago, Blademaster! said:

Hope you are all doing well! SGW V1.64 is here.

Oh my god... I just STARTED PLAYING 1.63 LMFAO.

Is my save compatible with this one? Also I LOVE THIS HACK! It's so fun. You and your team did such a good job with it ^_^

Very very well done. BTW. in 1.63 there is a support that some guy has with "Nia" that isn't unlocked in the otherwise 100% completed Support menu... Kind of strange

5 hours ago, Ikeypoo said:

Oh my god... I just STARTED PLAYING 1.63 LMFAO.

Is my save compatible with this one? Also I LOVE THIS HACK! It's so fun. You and your team did such a good job with it ^_^

Very very well done. BTW. in 1.63 there is a support that some guy has with "Nia" that isn't unlocked in the otherwise 100% completed Support menu... Kind of strange

Yes, your .sav should be compatible. That support you are referring too is just fluff. There are no conversations for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this game so far! I just finished Chapter 7, and it has been phenomenal, it is tough but fair! This is the first FE game/Hack I've played where I'm torturing myself trying to figure out who to bring on missions with me, you've done a fantastic job of making every character I've seen (so far at least) provide value.

Edited by steroidz

On 5/19/2021 at 3:57 PM, steroidz said:

I love this game so far! I just finished Chapter 7, and it has been phenomenal, it is tough but fair! This is the first FE game/Hack I've played where I'm torturing myself trying to figure out who to bring on missions with me, you've done a fantastic job of making every character I've seen (so far at least) provide value.

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Everyone is usable, so feel free to use who you want and enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Today marks a momentous occasion. It is the 1st year anniversary of the first release of SGW! Originally, I wanted to have a new update ready for today, but I ended up being super busy this weekend due to family issues. As such, I will try to release the anniversary update next weekend.

A lot has happened with SGW this past year. More people have played the hack than I ever thought would. There were many Let's Plays, something I honestly didn't expect to see as I would have been happy if even one was made. I saw old friends I hadn't seen in years come back to congratulate and play the hack now that it was finished. I got to interact with many new friends through YouTube and the Discord. It's been a humbling experience and makes me proud to know how nice everyone in the Fire Emblem community can really be, and I cherish the feedback they gave me as it helped SGW reach the state it's in now.

Even though SGW was 1st released a year ago, there have still been quite a lot of updates to the game, even a year later. The state that the game is in now, story aside, is in a pretty good place if you ask me. I'm almost ready to say it's finally as complete as it can get. After working on this hack for so many years, it'll be both nice and sad to see my work on it come to an end, but I hope everyone has been able to enjoy the hack all the same!

Thank you again to everyone who took the time to play and contribute to the improvement of SGW this past year! I hope it at least managed to bring you some joy when you played it!

• 2 weeks later...

It's two weeks late, but V1.65 is finally ready and available at the usual link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

The changelog ended up being much smaller than I originally thought:

> V1.65:
>
> - Added in new divine and mage dragon animations
> - Fixed various typos
> - Added torch staff to chapter 20 pre map shop
> - Added in a support conversation for Janet and Alice

mxcxTuM.png

Thank you again for all the warm wishes and support for SGW over the past year! There will likely only be one more update to SGW (unless some serious bug is found) before I can say it's finally as complete as it will get.

Until next time, to those looking to play the game again or are playing it for the first time, enjoy!

Edited by Blademaster!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 3:37 AM, Blademaster! said:

It's two weeks late, but V1.65 is finally ready and available at the usual link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

The changelog ended up being much smaller than I originally thought:

> V1.65:
>
> - Added in new divine and mage dragon animations
> - Fixed various typos
> - Added torch staff to chapter 20 pre map shop
> - Added in a support conversation for Janet and Alice

mxcxTuM.png

Thank you again for all the warm wishes and support for SGW over the past year! There will likely only be one more update to SGW (unless some serious bug is found) before I can say it's finally as complete as it will get.

Until next time, to those looking to play the game again or are playing it for the first time, enjoy!

It's been a long time for me too....waiting for sun gods challenge updateds....but next we called it the sun gods wrath....astrea.ulysses.katherin(child and adult) relina.Evan were my best friends and units because for updates I played game at first so always these friends were helping me...HBD SUN GODS WRATH ❤(Sorry for my bad English) 

Edited by Morteza

• 4 months later...

Happy belated New Year, everyone!

SGW v1.66 is now out at the usual link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

The changes are as follows:

> V1.66:
>
> - Dullahan skill +3
> - Dullahan leans Quick Draw one level faster
> - Aura blade now negates criticals
> - Barry now has Axefaith instead of axe faire
> - Alice now has S rank Axes
> - Nicole can use S rank staves in tier 3
> - Text fixes

Originally, I intended for this patch to have included a fix for the growth display error when map animations were on, but the fix for that had errors, so that fix couldn't be realized. As such, this is just a collection of fixes recommended to me over the past six months.

That being said, this is likely the final balance update to SGW. I will likely only do bug fixes in the future.

I have been toying around with making a new hack, so any future FE hacking I do I'd like to have be focused on that. I don't know if such a future hack will ever be completed or even really worked on, but that's just how things are at this time.

Thank you again for all your support over these past few months/year, and I hope you've enjoyed playing SGW! And if you're a new player, I hope you enjoy SGW!

On 1/3/2022 at 3:01 AM, Blademaster! said:

Happy belated New Year, everyone!

SGW v1.66 is now out at the usual link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

The changes are as follows:

> V1.66:
>
> - Dullahan skill +3
> - Dullahan leans Quick Draw one level faster
> - Aura blade now negates criticals
> - Barry now has Axefaith instead of axe faire
> - Alice now has S rank Axes
> - Nicole can use S rank staves in tier 3
> - Text fixes

Originally, I intended for this patch to have included a fix for the growth display error when map animations were on, but the fix for that had errors, so that fix couldn't be realized. As such, this is just a collection of fixes recommended to me over the past six months.

That being said, this is likely the final balance update to SGW. I will likely only do bug fixes in the future.

I have been toying around with making a new hack, so any future FE hacking I do I'd like to have be focused on that. I don't know if such a future hack will ever be completed or even really worked on, but that's just how things are at this time.

Thank you again for all your support over these past few months/year, and I hope you've enjoyed playing SGW! And if you're a new player, I hope you enjoy SGW!

TIME TO PLAY AGAIN!!!😃

Edited by Morteza

• 2 months later...

It's finally happened! Mekkah has now finished his LP of Sun God's Wrath! If you haven't had the chance to check it out and are in the mood for more SGW content, you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzWylUGuwo&list=PLA69XE9lKaI6bf2la_0FcQpV7VFXLnkVy

I am truly grateful to have had the chance for this hack to be played by Mekkah as this hack went through quite a lot of improvements thanks to his advice, both before(through his many videos) and while he was playing the hack. It was a blast to see him play it and I had many laughs and good times. I hope those who watch it can get the same enjoyment out of it!

As another bit of news, I am working on what will truly be the final patch of SGW. It will as such be labeled final on the title screen. The current planned changes for the next patch are:

> - Make Master seals and crowns sell-able (500g and 1000g respectively)
> - Add a 100% growth mode patch
> - Add separate patches that remove fatigue (I haven't decided on what to do about S drinks and pouches yet)

As this will be the final patch, please feel free to offer up any suggestions.

Thank you again to Mekkah for playing!

Edited by Blademaster!

• 2 months later...

Well, it's be fun working on this hack for as long as I have. It's gone through quite a bit of updates, but this is the last of it.

> V - FINAL:
>
> - Secret character H given 2% move growth
> - Dexithea move growth is now 10%, base axe rank is C, and personal skill is now mageslayer
> - Dullahan's personal skill is now bow breaker
> - Katherin's magic growth is now 20% (was 5% before)
> - Mage slayer now adds +5 attack and +50 hit and crit
> - In chapter 1, an enemy archer was changed to be a mage
> - Master seals and crowns can now be sold
> - The sub boss of chapter 19 now drops a restore staff
> - Fixed occasional ram bug when using vulnerary after mov or con level up

**In Addition to the above, there are now patches for 100% Growth Mode and NO FATIGUE**

100% growths mean 100% move and con, so enjoy!

Please find the final patches for Sun God's Wrath (SGW) in this release. If you've played the hack before, maybe these updates will
make you play it again. If you've never played the hack and want to try it for the first time, I hope you enjoy!

Let's meet again when I release my next hack! Hopefully I won't have COVID then like I do now lol

As always, you can find the most recent patch here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck6l6c5ri3fwhon/SGW_Complete.zip?dl=0

Sincerely,

Blademaster